Good For Amaro

KRL

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By everyone you mean for two years and on defense right?  He had almost nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball.  After the 1st two years, the team steadily declined.  A vast majority of draft resources was used on the defense.

We all know that rex gets all the credit for the AFC title years and little blame for anything after.  If anyone should be hailed as heros of those 1st few years it should be the oc who got them to the afc title with with a rookie wb and lousy big play talent, and yet shotty, then sparano and then Morninweg were always the black hats of the organization.  Once the talent level of the D evened off or there was injuires the defense fell on its ass hard.

No, he deserves blame for after as well.  But ultimately it comes down to how far did the team get when you were in charge?  Under Rex the team got pretty damn far.  They got farther under Rex than any other coach in my lifetime.

People will continue to defend Rex and bypass his failings, BUT there have been

three players that have criticized his practices:

Davis

Mangold

Decker

And a rookie that has criticized his accountability. Enough said

They were sounding off on Geno being late and texting in the "classroom" and well you know playing like garbage..

No, he deserves blame for after as well.  But ultimately it comes down to how far did the team get when you were in charge?  Under Rex the team got pretty damn far.  They got farther under Rex than any other coach in my lifetime.

And that is why teams like the Jets have decades of utter fail.  Even a smidgen of a sniff of a Superbowl appearance gives you tons of team and fan credit to ride on for years.

I thought Geno should have been benched for a half in that game where he was "confused" with the time zone. That would have a sent a message to rest of the team. Great to know the new guy is taking care of this important aspect of team management.

You're right it was a mistake but what's worse is Geno didn't reciprocate the non-benching by playing like garbage..

No, he deserves blame for after as well. But ultimately it comes down to how far did the team get when you were in charge? Under Rex the team got pretty damn far. They got farther under Rex than any other coach in my lifetime.

Fassel and Bobby Ross for The Hall, baby.

The lies never stop from you do they?? You know what I have said about Rex and his faults.. BTW when Mangini went 4-12 in 2007 was that Rex's fault as well?? :animal0029:

REX will go down in history much like his dad.  There is no defending him.  He is what we all see.  Well..most of us see.

1. I disliked Rex Ryan for 1 simple reason.  He was hired as the HC but instead he was the DC, leaving the team without a HC for 6 yrs. Someone once told me after I stepped down from my job as Manager. "Next time you get the opportunity to command, command".  I have never forgotten this. 

2 seasons doesn't make up for 4 seasons without a winning record. Last years 4 wins just took the cake though. If those 2 years justified the last 4 years of garbage then he would still be here.

Look I think Rex should have gone with Tanny my problem is trashing just everything he did.. Rex should have fought to get a decent NFL QB but according to Woody he was silent at owner GM meetings..

Look I think Rex should have gone with Tanny my problem is trashing just everything he did.. Rex should have fought to get a decent NFL QB but according to Woody he was silent at owner GM meetings..

This.  Rex had plenty of faults and in all honesty it would have been easier to justify firing him two years ago moreso than it was after this season.  With that being said, he did some amazing things here that no other coach in my lifetime has come close to.  Parcells did but he needed a pro-bowl QB to do it.  What Rex did with Mark Sanchez was unreal.  Nearly went to a SB with the worst QB in the NFL on his roster...how often do we see that in the NFL other than never?

I'm fine with sending him packing, but all the love for Mangini and Pettine along with my favorite claim of "Rex knows nothing about football" is just insanity.  Mangini did nothing with  a HOF QB, Pettine took less than one season to have his team go off the rails...or is it "on the rails"...not sure.

By everyone you mean for two years and on defense right?  He had almost nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball.  After the 1st two years, the team steadily declined.  A vast majority of draft resources was used on the defense.

We all know that rex gets all the credit for the AFC title years and little blame for anything after.  If anyone should be hailed as heros of those 1st few years it should be the oc who got them to the afc title with with a rookie wb and lousy big play talent, and yet shotty, then sparano and then Morninweg were always the black hats of the organization.  Once the talent level of the D evened off or there was injuires the defense fell on its ass hard.

I like Rex and I am surely labeled firmly in the apologist camp, but I would never dispute those reasons to dislike him.

I had hoped that they hired Idzik to be the boss, put together a team that could actually move the ball and force Rex to gameplan on D.  Unfortunately, it seems that Idzik was inept and they were just at odds philosophically.  If I were King of the Jets I would have given Rex CBs and forced him to deal with stopping the run and developing pass rush by scheme.  That seems like what Bowles intends to do.  Even a bad contract to DRC would have been preferable to Patterson and aging scrubs like Vick and Johnson.  I would have invested heavily, both in money and draft, on the offense.  Maybe Idzik did this, but his short term draft results were so poor we can't really be sure. 

One thing about Idzik is that he seemed sort of combine/speed crazy.  That is not much of a surprise when you consider the premium the Seahawks place on athletes - they are apparently obsessed with cornerback arm length.

.  What Rex did with Mark Sanchez was unreal.  

In 2009 and 2010 Sanchez was not close to the worst qb in the league, in terms of stats. 2010 was actually a good year for him.

After that, he progressively got worse. Maybe it was the mentors, that they gave him.

In fact, last year, I believe Sanchez broke the Eagles record for season completion percentage. 

Wait, you root for the Jets, and yet have the audacity to criticize someone else for rooting for the Mets?

Are you daffy?

If you know the history of how the Mets treated the Jets when they were their landlord I don't see how any self-respecting Jets fan could root for that team. 

That is what is "daffy," my friend. 

Rex is a punk. He has some positive qualities, but they are mainly limited to interacting with his players and hogging all the attention.

His teams underachieved in 2009 & 2010 and Rex was NOT the reason they had a great run in the playoffs.

The team's talent & accountability only exponentially deteriorated once Rex's fingerprints were all over the roster (defensive drafts , signing washed up WRs like Mason & Burress).

Rex is a quick fix pimp. Yes, he was fun. Yes, he made us laugh.

But he never won us ANYTHING. losing back 2 back AFCCG is nothing to be proud of and that argument of validation for Rex expired in 2012.

We're better off without him, we're better Jets fan in part due to him.

Rex is a punk. He has some positive qualities, but they are mainly limited to interacting with his players and hogging all the attention.

His teams underachieved in 2009 & 2010 and Rex was NOT the reason they had a great run in the playoffs.

The team's talent & accountability only exponentially deteriorated once Rex's fingerprints were all over the roster (defensive drafts , signing washed up WRs like Mason & Burress).

Rex is a quick fix pimp. Yes, he was fun. Yes, he made us laugh.

But he never won us ANYTHING. losing back 2 back AFCCG is nothing to be proud of and that argument of validation for Rex expired in 2012.

We're better off without him, we're better Jets fan in part due to him.

Yet losing to Denver in the AFCCG was?? 

If you know the history of how the Mets treated the Jets when they were their landlord I don't see how any self-respecting Jets fan could root for that team. 

That is what is "daffy," my friend. 

You want me to worry about 1977? The city was as much at fault as the Mets.

I don't see how any self respecting Jet fan could root for the Yankees. So we are even. :)

You trash most everything CuMar did, why the fuss?

You can't find one post I ever made trashing Cumar.. Unless because I don't think he was the best Jet back ever you consider that trashing him?? If I say Adrian Murrell out rushed him on less carries on a 1-15 team and Martin was on a bowl team that's a fact it's not trashing.. Unless of course like many Martinette's the truth should never be allowed for poor little Cumar.. :animal0029: Or is it because I call him the compiler??? LOL

In fact, last year, I believe Sanchez broke the Eagles record for season completion percentage. 

He also had 11 INT's in just 309 throws with a supposed QB whisperer as his HC.  This represented a higher INT/ATT ratio (3.6 %) than his 2010 (2.6 %) and 2011 (3.3 %) seasons and only slightly lower than his disastrous campaign in 2012 (4.0 %).  He also had 7 fumbles in his 9 games and displayed the same knack for allowing far too many sacks (23) like he he did in New York.

Sanchez sucks.  It's not a reason to defend Rex, but he sucks nonetheless.

You can't find one post I ever made trashing Cumar.. Unless because I don't think he was the best Jet back ever you consider that trashing him?? If I say Adrian Murrell out rushed him on less carries on a 1-15 team and Martin was on a bowl team that's a fact it's not trashing.. Unless of course like many Martinette's the truth should never be allowed for poor little Cumar.. :animal0029: Or is it because I call him the compiler??? LOL

I understand Martin's role in history. Just making sure you understand Rex's also. Both ran their course.

Then again, as I said earlier, you were pumping Lamont Jordan, weren't you at the time? ;)

Archived