What if TB surprises and picks Mariota?

Jet Blast

One never knows how the draft will go and there are mind boggling surprises every year. With that in mind, I have a hypothetical question:

What if the experts are wrong and Tampa Bay picks Mariota? How does that change the draft? Unlikely as it sounds, could Winston fall to #6? If he does, should we pick him?

I say no to Winston. What say you?

I brought this up since Mike Mayock recently changed his tune on who the best QB is in this draft. I have this nagging negative feeling about WInston that I can't seem to shake. Being a Jets fan, his interceptions scare the hell out me more than anything. However,  there are other signs that worry me.

I brought this up since Mike Mayock recently changed his tune on who the best QB is in this draft. I have this nagging negative feeling about WInston that I can't seem to shake. Being a Jets fan, his interceptions scare the hell out me more than anything. However,  there are other signs that worry me.

Look at Geno his last year in college 42 tds and 6 picks that changed once he played in the League.. You can't always say anything will be the same in the NFL good or bad until they do it on the field..

If you can get Winston...you get him.

Agreed. I'd feel more comfortable taking a chance on a guy like Winston, who has questions off field but looks the part on the field than a project like Mariota who doesn't have any off field issues but is hard to project as an NFL QB.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'd feel more comfortable taking a chance on a guy like Winston, who has questions off field but looks the part on the field than a project like Mariota who doesn't have any off field issues but is hard to project as an NFL QB.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yep...I was dead set against Winston because of the off-field stuff but right now this team is a QB away from being a legitimate contender.  With Fitz they should easily be a playoff team so if Winston is the goods they should be looking at deep playoff runs.

Yep...I was dead set against Winston because of the off-field stuff but right now this team is a QB away from being a legitimate contender.  With Fitz they should easily be a playoff team so if Winston is the goods they should be looking at deep playoff runs.

Look how many players the Jets passed on because of off the field stuff that end up in the HOF.. :winking0001:

I don't care who the QB is.  He should sit out a minimum of 10 games.

I'd be fine with whatever Bowles/Gailey decide.  If it's week 1 or week 17....I just want a legit franchise QB prospect on the roster.

I think Winston is a risk (Gino Smith #2).  The guy throws too many int..  Plus his personal life is in question.  I think TB will pick Mariota #1.  I also think Winston will slide.  The Browns might pick him at 12. They are known to do stupid things.   If they pass, he could slide to the end of round one or beginning of round 2.  Stranger thing have happened in past drafts.  The Jets better NOT pick him at #6!  It will set the team back another two years!

Winston was at a charity thing for Mike Alstott's foundation this week. If they're faking, it's a pretty thorough deke.

Yeah, I'll be stunned if TB passes on Winston.

If by some freak they do, I'm all in to get to #2 to get Winston.

I would pick him. Would there be risk? Yes for sure but he just seems like a pro QB much more so than Mariota to me. I would think that there might be a bigger 'trade up' possibility for Winston than Mariota.

Disagree. Winston does not carry himself ON or off the field like a franchise QB. "Off the field" everyone knows... As for "On," I saw that entitled immature punk scream at his head coach twice, the HEAD COACH, when he knew all the cameras were on him. We already know the bad situations he gets himself into when the cameras aren't on him. Apparently even that knowledge wasnt enough for him to control himself.

Rest assured... more incidents are inevitable. Winston is bad news.

Leading a team of professional men requires that you are one yourself. Not a petulant child.

Mariota is the better pro prospect.

Disagree. Winston does not carry himself ON or off the field like a franchise QB. "Off the field" everyone knows... As for "On," I saw that entitled immature punk scream at his head coach twice, the HEAD COACH, when he knew all the cameras were on him. We already know the bad situations he gets himself into when the cameras aren't on him. Apparently even that knowledge wasnt enough for him to control himself.

Rest assured... more incidents are inevitable. Winston is bad news.

IDK.  Take Zack over Smith in a heartbeat.

Disagree that Winston is bad news

IDK. Take Zack over Smith in a heartbeat.

Disagree that Winston is bad news

And what evidence do you have to support that statement? All the evidence is in my corner.

But sure... what a great guy he is. Screaming obscenities at a school function, running into alleged trouble with women, stealing....

Did you ever do any of those things?

And what evidence do you have to support that statement? All the evidence is in my corner.

But sure... what a great guy he is. Screaming obscenities at a school function, running into alleged trouble with women, stealing....

Did you ever do any of those things?

At his age?   LOL   I refuse to answer that on the grounds...................................

The rape allegations were total BS

At his age? LOL I refuse to answer that on the grounds...................................

The police didn't charge Winston with anything. One only needs to read that article in Rolling Stone to know there are women out there that do falsely accuse men of rape.

At his age? LOL I refuse to answer that on the grounds...................................

At his age? That is a vacant saying. The vast majority of franchise QBs over the years already carried themselves like mature men in college.

A rare bird indeed that can "grow up on the job." Especially that job.

Parcells always said you dont know what you have in a QB until he gets kicked in the teeth. Since true character is often exposed in that situation, Winston is a really bad bet.

At his age? That is a vacant saying. The vast majority of franchise QBs over the years already carried themselves like mature men in college.

A rare bird indeed that can "grow up on the job." Especially that job.

Parcells always said you dont know what you have in a QB until he gets kicked in the teeth. Since true character is often exposed in that situation, Winston is a really bad bet.

He used a plastic cup to get a free drink of soda from a Burger King and stole a bag of crab legs from a supermarket. What a gangster.

He used a plastic cup to get a free drink of soda from a Burger King and stole a bag of crab legs from a supermarket. What a gangster.

Some of you are so stupid, I dont know how you function in life. Will you take the word of Winston's attorney over mine?

Rationalize this....

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jameis-winston-attorney-david-cornwell-not-ready-to-be-nfl-player-off-field-041015

Archived