Round One Mock Draft ~~ By Tom Shane

Maxman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you guys are underselling how good Erving will be as a pro. If you think Scherff is great, go watch Erving collapse interior DLs on draftbreakdown.

I can understand being wary of Preston Smith, but the guy checks literally every box as a player. If he ran one tenth faster in the 40, they'd be talking about him as a top ten pick, IMO. Team captain, to boot.

As for DGB, the one thing I haven't seen this spring is that one testimonial from a coach trying to explain away his off-field issues as him being "competitive" or "immature." You get the feeling that the dude is a legit psycho.

Also, thought about a back there, but I think you can go get a back later on to fill the role you'd give to Gordon anyway. Ajayi is going to fall because of the knee, David Johnson might be good, Abdullah on the right team could be scary.

The Eagles and perhaps the Browns are ready to pounce on MM.  I really don't think he would last to #6 for us to do this deal.   Even if he fell past Tennessee, I cannot see Washington not making a deal for much needed picks and leting a team jump in front of the Jets.

I think you guys are underselling how good Erving will be as a pro. If you think Scherff is great, go watch Erving collapse interior DLs on draftbreakdown.

I can understand being wary of Preston Smith, but the guy checks literally every box as a player. If he ran one tenth faster in the 40, they'd be talking about him as a top ten pick, IMO. Team captain, to boot.

As for DGB, the one thing I haven't seen this spring is that one testimonial from a coach trying to explain away his off-field issues as him being "competitive" or "immature." You get the feeling that the dude is a legit psycho.

Also, thought about a back there, but I think you can go get a back later on to fill the role you'd give to Gordon anyway. Ajayi is going to fall because of the knee, David Johnson might be good, Abdullah on the right team could be scary.

Mangini guy you guys.

The Eagles and perhaps the Browns are ready to pounce on MM. I really don't think he would last to #6 for us to do this deal. Even if he fell past Tennessee, I cannot see Washington not making a deal for much needed picks and leting a team jump in front of the Jets.

Why would the Redskins want to help the Eagles?

Why would the Redskins want to help the Eagles?

It doesn't have to be the Eagles but if the Eagles gave them a truckload of picks the Skins could do it and add some late pick in 2017 if needed just because they are a division rival.  

By the way, great job on your mock.  It 's great read.

It doesn't have to be the Eagles but if the Eagles gave them a truckload of picks the Skins could do it and add some late pick in 2017 if needed just because they are a division rival.

By the way, great job on your mock. It 's great read.

Thanks. I'm starting with the premise that the Eagles are the only team willing to pay heavy to move up, though. I don't know that the Skins would gamble on helping them get their guy, especially while they're still wiping egg off their faces from their own QB trade. And, from the Eagles perspective, they wouldn't have the pay the Jets extra cheese to cover the division rival tax.

Can it really be viewed as "helping" when you are enabling the Eagles to make the same "mortgage the future" trade that the Skins made for RG3?

Imagine how bad the Skins would look if they're cutting RGIII next year and Mariota somehow produces for Chip right away.

Because Mariota isn't good.

Can't wait to see all of this unfold.  Some people STILL saying he's going to go to the teens while one report in Philly yesterday said Chip may try to jump to no. 1 in case TB surprises everyone and takes MM.

Can't wait to see all of this unfold.  Some people STILL saying he's going to go to the teens while one report in Philly yesterday said Chip may try to jump to no. 1 in case TB surprises everyone and takes MM.

Should be exciting.  but he's going #2

I don't see a trade to 1 making sense.  If Tampa wants Mariotta there's no trade they would take to pass...if they don't they're taking Winston...

I still think TN. ends up taking him.  But if not TN. the Eagles find a way to get to 2....he's either and Eagle or a Titan.

Should be exciting. but he's going #2

I don't see a trade to 1 making sense. If Tampa wants Mariotta there's no trade they would take to pass...if they don't they're taking Winston...

I still think TN. ends up taking him. But if not TN. the Eagles find a way to get to 2....he's either and Eagle or a Titan.

Agreed...Chip is going to offer whatever he has to which is crazy. A ouple months ago people said there was no way he'd give up enough to go from no. 20 to no. 6 looks like he's gonns go from no 20 to no 2.

It is so intriguing to finally find out if Kelly really is going to mortgage Philly to get Mariota.

It's all I've been hearing about for five months...just want it resolved.

It is so intriguing to finally find out if Kelly really is going to mortgage Philly to get Mariota.

He is, without question, willing to.

The only thing stopping him is how much does TN. value MM - it's very hard for a team to pass up a potential franchise QB regardless of the package.

If TN. likes him a lot they're going to take him - otherwise he's going Philly.  

Chip doesn't care - he has a  three window and if he fails he goes back to college and makes $10mm a year.  If MM turns out to be the real deal Kelly becomes an all-time great. 

Can't wait to see all of this unfold. Some people STILL saying he's going to go to the teens while one report in Philly yesterday said Chip may try to jump to no. 1 in case TB surprises everyone and takes MM.

That package with Cox, Kendricks, three #1s, etc reeks of some awful rumor-mongering. That's insane.

I don't get that at all.  There was a great article about him that was posted a few weeks ago; I will try to locate it.  He has had a very difficult upbringing and has made his share of mistakes but this "pyscho" talk is over the top IMHO.   The guy seems sincere in wanting to turn the page on that chapter of his life. 

I know it is somewhat scripted but I came away from this video saying, with the right guidance and leadership this guy will be just fine.  I think Marshall would be a great role model for him as he had his share of problems early in his career (although those were health related).  I can see him taking DGB under his wing.... 

Path to the NFL.  

That package with Cox, Kendricks, three #1s, etc reeks of some awful rumor-mongering. That's insane.

Majority of fans/media are on board with it too.  A lot of "no price is too high" talk.

lol

I miss that dude.  One Man's Warm.  ******* Bears fan.  I wonder where he went.

I think he's working at a Jiffy Lube in Raleigh.

He's actually in the Ravens organization.  Don't hate on him too hard.  I'm sure Crusher knows him.  He went to West Springfield.  I preferred Sean Renfree.

I don't get that at all.  There was a great article about him that was posted a few weeks ago; I will try to locate it.  He has had a very difficult upbringing and has made his share of mistakes but this "pyscho" talk is over the top IMHO.   The guy seems sincere in wanting to turn the page on that chapter of his life. 

I know it is somewhat scripted but I came away from this video saying, with the right guidance and leadership this guy will be just fine.  I think Marshall would be a great role model for him as he had his share of problems early in his career (although those were health related).  I can see him taking DGB under his wing.... 

Path to the NFL.  

I have read a few pieces that described him as entitled and spoiled.  He had a difficult upbringing, but the article discussed how he has been in a fairly stable situation for years.  He has been living with his high school coach who eventually adopted him Blind Side style years ago.  I think he has been in a stable environment for something like ten years.  They said in interviews he comes across as mature but entitled and spoiled. They found him scarier than some of the other "questionable" prospects (who mostly seemed immature) though I guess the questionable prospect list has been growing. I wish I could find that article.

Archived