Harrison and Williams.  That's a BIG win for us

- There's a ton of interesting talent still left on the board:

It will be interesting to see if we consider Lael Collins and Randy
Gregory in the second round

- With the amount of talent still left I won't be shocked if we trade
down a few spots and pick up some extra picks in the 3rd & 4th rounds

- Below is a link to an article about Williams "football intelligence"
it's too long to post:

Interesting that Williams has been most often compared to Suh.

Second point: we shouldn't be surprised at all if someone out of that mix is leveraged for a trade... QB? Picks?

Finally, those who would complain that we should have taken White should recognize that we did not have an immediate need for a receiver either.

The surprise? They didn't take Beasley, who would have been a need fit. Obvious that they couldn't pass up the #1 guy on the board by a significant margin and therefore went BPA. This was one of those situations that merits it.

I'll be very interested to see which way the Jets parlay this pick.... defensive super-unit or leverage a trade. Very interesting move.

- One of Bowles key traits as DC in ARZ was deploying his strongest
position group (secondary) in non-traditional ways.  That's how he
came up with using multiple safeties as LB's.  With our strongest
position groups now being DLine and the secondary I could see him
coming up with formations like a 5-2-4 base, a 5-1-5 nickel and a
5-0-6 dime.  By doing that Bowles can force the opponents OLine
into 1 on 1 matchups with the likes of Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples,

it's too long to post:

Looking at the Draft Tracker and seeing who was left on the board....

La'el Collins and Clemmings would both be solid OT talent; Gregory certainly caught my attention and Harold on the board as well for OLB.

DGB and Jalen Strong still on the board as well as Devin Smith for WR.

I think we can get RB in the 3rd 

You absolutely CAN NOT take Collins. At all. And i dont think Gregory is talented enough to warrant taking before tbe 4th. He has a long suspension in his future and Aldon Smith he will never be.

You absolutely CAN NOT take Collins. At all. And i dont think Gregory is talented enough to warrant taking before tbe 4th. He has a long suspension in his future and Aldon Smith he will never be.

Are you nuts? Gregory was arguably the top pass rusher before this whole crap came out. Shane Ray went at pick 20 I think. Gregory should be off the board any pick now. And Collins has been cleared by the cops, he's not a suspect.

Are you nuts? Gregory was arguably the top pass rusher before this whole crap came out. Shane Ray went at pick 20 I think. Gregory should be off the board any pick now. And Collins has been cleared by the cops, he's not a suspect.

Yet...who knows... what team wants to gamble a high draft pick on a player under that kind of scrutiny... can you say Aaron Hernandez

I think with another day for teams to investigate Collins is either cleared and is probably the first player taken tonight or there's still questions and it's rinse repeat for tomorrow.

It's a catch 22 a bit. If he's cleared he goes first tonight. If not he's not even picked. Right? I would guess.

When was Collins "cleared"?  They said that they are not even going to question him until after the draft.  They said he was not a suspect.  That does not completely rule out involvement.  It may just mean that they know he did not physically shoot her. 

I think with another day for teams to investigate Collins is either cleared and is probably the first player taken tonight or there's still questions and it's rinse repeat for tomorrow.

It's a catch 22 a bit. If he's cleared he goes first tonight. If not he's not even picked. Right? I would guess.

Collins has left the NFL draft in Chicago and returned to Louisiana. He's not expected to be questioned by police until after the draft is over, though, a timetable that might cost him millions of dollars and cause him to go undrafted or be a late-round pick.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-lsu-tackle-lael-collins-a-ravens-predraft-visitor-remains-in-draft-embroiled-in-legal-situation-in-l-20150430-story.html

When was Collins "cleared"?  They said that they are not even going to question him until after the draft.  They said he was not a suspect.  That does not completely rule out involvement.  It may just mean that they know he did not physically shoot her. 

He's not a suspect, he's not the guy that killed her. That's where this thing ends. That's where he's cleared. Whether he gets fined, suspended, put on probation for something related to the killing we'll see.

it's too long to post:

Love that Williams has the highest grade on NFL.com, and not by just a little bit.  This guy was a steal at 6 and for those who are mad that we took a defensive lineman, don't worry so much.

He's not a suspect, he's not the guy that killed her. That's where this thing ends. That's where he's cleared. Whether he gets fined, suspended, put on probation for something related to the killing we'll see.

Haha.  Draft him!  We have no idea.  None whatsoever.  You can bet the teams have info on this.  That guy that held the headset for Parcells worked for the Jets for years doing background.  He was retired FBI and believe me has contacts.  Now all these teams have guys handling that. This is pure conjecture, but suppose that there was a murder for hire plot.  That is a capital case and he could still have been "cleared" according to you. Of course, he also may have had nothing to do with the killing.  It will be interesting to see if teams take a chance as the draft moves along.

I generally agree although Collins has not been "cleared" by any means.  They will often say someonw is not a suspect so they don't look like they rused to judgment.  The cops announced that OJ was not a suspect and that he had an alibi when they first questioned him.  If he had been cleared, someone would have taken him with the rush on OL.  It wouldn't shock me if Collins is charged at some point.  This is where a good PI can make a big difference.

D super unit. QB still a major hole

I can't wait for Fitzpatrick to prove a lot of people wrong. He's not going to be Aaron Rodgers, but he very well could give us our best QB play this decade if he plays like he did in Houston last year. 

We've had "abysmal" the past 6 years at QB. We have "good" now, plus better weapons and the best OC we've hired in probably a decade as well. I agree, we want "great" at that position, but I don't think the hole is as major as some do. I also think we can win 10 games with this defense and a good QB, quite frankly.

Based on the "you can't miss on rounds 1-4" statement that Mac made last week in his presser, I don't expect us to gamble on Gregory or Collins. It's a fun discussion, but I doubt it happens very much. 

Because of the talent I say take Gregory but If The plan is to keep Mo then we have Coples who hopefully will be really good in Bowles scheme. We can switch and either grab O line or Wr but I hope we are grabbing a rb in the 3rd.

it's too long to post:

I think we will run a base 4-2-5, with Coples filling in all over the place

Snacks in on run down, Coples moving in for a pass rush.  Our base 4-2 should be able to stop the run on anyone running a normal offense.  Bowles could even run some 4-1-6 and bring last years #1 down close to the line.   It'll be fun.

You know who is going to be a very busy guy??? Antonio Cromartie. Teams will learn they can't run against us no one wants to throw Revis' way so Cromartie will get the ball thrown his way even more than expected. He will grab a ton of picks but will get burned a lot too.

Archived