The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

When your team misses the playoffs again and plays worse than a year ago I'm sure you'll find comfort in Rex's skydive and the continuation of his "look at me" tour

I am pretty confident that you will see the Bills in the playoffs this year.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty confident that you will see the Bills in the playoffs this year.

I don't see how you can be confident. You're not passing the Psts without Brady going down for a huge piece of the season, you're not counting on that. Then you have to contend with the Fish and Jets. Could it happen, yes. Confident? Only if you're kidding yourself.

I don't see how you can be confident. You're not passing the Psts without Brady going down for a huge piece of the season, you're not counting on that. Then you have to contend with the Fish and Jets. Could it happen, yes. Confident? Only if you're kidding yourself.

How can you make such a comment?  We beat the Patriots (all be it their 2nd string) and Dolphins (1 game each) and the Jets twice in 2014.  Our defense (that finished 4th in the NFL in 2014) is stronger and so is our offense.  If you are banking on our loss due to our QB situation,  all I can say is stay tuned.  We probably will play Brady twice this year.  It looks like he will appeal a decision that continues to ban him from 4 games. He can continue to play during the appeal.  I read an article that said he would probably miss games late in the year which means that we could play him in November as well.  

How can you make such a comment? We beat the Patriots (all be it their 2nd string) and Dolphins (1 game each) and the Jets twice in 2014. Our defense (that finished 4th in the NFL in 2014) is stronger and so is our offense. If you are banking on our loss due to our QB situation, all I can say is stay tuned. We probably will play Brady twice this year. It looks like he will appeal a decision that continues to ban him from 4 games. He can continue to play during the appeal. I read an article that said he would probably miss games late in the year which means that we could play him in November as well.

Because it's fact. Man team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 seasons, who will finish behind the Pats, can't be confident.

Never mind that everything you're basing it on is that you in your mind are convinced that your team will be better and will win more games than a year ago. That's hope, not a given, your team may have maxed out their win total last year. You're hoping the changes made your team better. Using that logic every team in the division added talent and should be better.

Because it's fact. Man team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 seasons, who will finish behind the Pats, can't be confident.

Never mind that everything you're basing it on is that you in your mind are convinced that your team will be better and will win more games than a year ago. That's hope, not a given, your team may have maxed out their win total last year. You're hoping the changes made your team better. Using that logic every team in the division added talent and should be better.

You say my opinion about the Bills making playoffs is hope.Actually,  I am looking at how we played against these teams last year plus the positive changes made to our defense and offense this season.    What is your reason for believing that the Jets, Dolphins will be serious contenders?  

You say my opinion about the Bills making playoffs is hope.Actually, I am looking at how we played against these teams last year plus the positive changes made to our defense and offense this season. What is your reason for believing that the Jets, Dolphins will be serious contenders?

You downgraded at both QB and Head Coach. Drastically.

Love jeaniec's enthusiasm - don't let our jaded, obnoxious, and cynical New York wiseguy attitudes damper your enthusiasm for a moment. We are just jealous; not jealous that you have Rex, but jealous of your optimism. 

+1!

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- The voice of the Buffalo Bills from the team's earliest days in the AFL has died at age 87.

Bills President Russ Brandon announced Saturday that retired broadcaster Van Miller died on Friday.

Miller began his broadcasting career in 1955 calling high school sports for WBEN radio and television. He became the Bills' play-by-play man during the team's first season with the AFL in 1960.

Miller served in that role from 1960 to 1970 and again from 1978 until his retirement in 2003. He called a total of 605 Bills games during his career.

Brandon says Miller's legacy will remain ''deeply imbedded'' in the franchise's history.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- The voice of the Buffalo Bills from the team's earliest days in the AFL has died at age 87.

Bills President Russ Brandon announced Saturday that retired broadcaster Van Miller died on Friday.

Miller began his broadcasting career in 1955 calling high school sports for WBEN radio and television. He became the Bills' play-by-play man during the team's first season with the AFL in 1960.

Miller served in that role from 1960 to 1970 and again from 1978 until his retirement in 2003. He called a total of 605 Bills games during his career.

Brandon says Miller's legacy will remain ''deeply imbedded'' in the franchise's history.

Loved Van Miller - great man!!!!!

You say my opinion about the Bills making playoffs is hope.Actually,  I am looking at how we played against these teams last year plus the positive changes made to our defense and offense this season.    What is your reason for believing that the Jets, Dolphins will be serious contenders?  

Has to be hope at this point, nothing other than that would make sense.  The Bills with decent QB play didnt contend for the division a year ago, why with what you have left at QB would there be improvement?  Not seeing the upgrade to your roster because the loss of Orton is just too huge overcome.  You got good play from a position a year ago and its gone to worst in the league status today.  And happens to be the most important position on the field.  By far.  I also don't see the upgrade to the HC position that you do, not because I'm knocking Rex but because I liked Marone.  He out coached Rex twice last year, by a wide margin.  

I never said that the Jets or fish were serious contenders but at least with the Jets, they will be a lot better than they were a year ago, I wouldnt count on the two wins from last year.  If anything, if the Bills can somehow get any play from QB I see these 3 kind of as 1

Has to be hope at this point, nothing other than that would make sense.  The Bills with decent QB play didnt contend for the division a year ago, why with what you have left at QB would there be improvement?  Not seeing the upgrade to your roster because the loss of Orton is just too huge overcome.  You got good play from a position a year ago and its gone to worst in the league status today.  And happens to be the most important position on the field.  By far.  I also don't see the upgrade to the HC position that you do, not because I'm knocking Rex but because I liked Marone.  He out coached Rex twice last year, by a wide margin.  

I never said that the Jets or fish were serious contenders but at least with the Jets, they will be a lot better than they were a year ago, I wouldnt count on the two wins from last year.  If anything, if the Bills can somehow get any play from QB I see these 3 kind of as 1

JetNut:  I think it's hope and confidence.  You say that Marrone outcoached Rex but from all outward signs, Marrone is not viewed as a better coach.  Woody Johnson presumably didn't think so.  Also,  Rex landed another head coach position and Marrone was taken on as an assistant.  I frequently read articles from sports news that Ryan is one of the best coaches in NFL.  I realize that  QB plays a very important role in football.  However,  I am confident that Greg Roman will make the best out of what he has (strong offense and mediocre QB) when developing his plays.  There's a lot of talk of running the ball.  I think we will do well in running. However,  I am not blind to the fact that we need to have a good passing record if we are going to make it to the big show.   I don't see a SB or AFCCG championship but I have confidence that we will make playoffs.

Love jeaniec's enthusiasm - don't let our jaded, obnoxious, and cynical New York wiseguy attitudes damper your enthusiasm for a moment. We are just jealous; not jealous that you have Rex, but jealous of your optimism. 

I'm jealous that you're able to convince yourself that being naive is the same as optimism.

JetNut: I think it's hope and confidence. You say that Marrone outcoached Rex but from all outward signs, Marrone is not viewed as a better coach. Woody Johnson presumably didn't think so. Also, Rex landed another head coach position and Marrone was taken on as an assistant. I frequently read articles from sports news that Ryan is one of the best coaches in NFL. I realize that QB plays a very important role in football. However, I am confident that Greg Roman will make the best out of what he has (strong offense and mediocre QB) when developing his plays. There's a lot of talk of running the ball. I think we will do well in running. However, I am not blind to the fact that we need to have a good passing record if we are going to make it to the big show. I don't see a SB or AFCCG championship but I have confidence that we will make playoffs.

Everyone here, most of the press who are around the team thought Marrone would be a major upgrade. You would never want to hear what the local press thought about Rex, none thought highly of his coaching abilities. Woody, presumably liked Bowles better than Marrone. That doesn't mean he liked Marrone less than Rex though. Rex, who somewhere you heard was a top HC got one offer. Only got a couple of interviews. Teams didn't even interview him. Only one team, a team desperate for attention and wanting to sell STs made an offer.

It will all come down to what you get from your QB. You're not going to pound and ground your way anywhere. It doesn't work without even a hint of QB play to keep teams honest.

Everyone here, most of the press who are around the team thought Marrone would be a major upgrade. You would never want to hear what the local press thought about Rex, none thought highly of his coaching abilities. Woody, presumably liked Bowles better than Marrone. That doesn't mean he liked Marrone less than Rex though. Rex, who somewhere you heard was a top HC got one offer. Only got a couple of interviews. Teams didn't even interview him. Only one team, a team desperate for attention and wanting to sell STs made an offer.

It will all come down to what you get from your QB. You're not going to pound and ground your way anywhere. It doesn't work without even a hint of QB play to keep teams honest.

Personally,  I like Todd Bowles better than Marrone.  I think Bowles is a class act guy.  I also like Mac.  Marrone not so much.  However, the fact is that the Jets overlooked Marrone (prev head coach)  for a defense coordinator.  Many have asked how could the Pegulas hire someone when their team (meaning the Bills) beat them 43-23 and 38-3?  A rhetorical question.  Why wouldn't  Woody  hire someone who was able to beat his team by the same #'s and also bring a team that hasn't  been in the playoffs for 14 years (at the time) to a 9-7 season?  Although hearsay,  I understand that Marrone was a control freak.  This is why he bumped heads with Whaley.  Also,  you won't find players saying anything nice about Marrone.    I often read what your local press has to say about Rex.  I often wonder when they are just going to get over it already.  You're right that Rex only had one other interview.  However,  don't forget that the Bills moved fast.  Rex was terminated on 12/30/2014 and hired by the Bills on January 11, 2015.  We were the first in the league to hire an HC this past season.  This didn't leave much time for any other team to express interest. let alone interview Ryan.    Also,  once Rex and the Bills met,  it was pretty much fait accompli that he would be hired.   So,  it could be that there were inteeviews cancelled after Rex met with the Bills.  

Personally,  I like Todd Bowles better than Marrone.  I think Bowles is a class act guy.  I also like Mac.  Marrone not so much.  However, the fact is that the Jets overlooked Marrone (prev head coach)  for a defense coordinator.  Many have asked how could the Pegulas hire someone when their team (meaning the Bills) beat them 43-23 and 38-3?  A rhetorical question.  Why wouldn't  Woody  hire someone who was able to beat his team by the same #'s and also bring a team that hasn't  been in the playoffs for 14 years (at the time) to a 9-7 season?  Although hearsay,  I understand that Marrone was a control freak.  This is why he bumped heads with Whaley.  Also,  you won't find players saying anything nice about Marrone.    I often read what your local press has to say about Rex.  I often wonder when they are just going to get over it already.  You're right that Rex only had one other interview.  However,  don't forget that the Bills moved fast.  Rex was terminated on 12/30/2014 and hired by the Bills on January 11, 2015.  We were the first in the league to hire an HC this past season.  This didn't leave much time for any other team to express interest. let alone interview Ryan.    Also,  once Rex and the Bills met,  it was pretty much fait accompli that he would be hired.   So,  it could be that there were inteeviews cancelled after Rex met with the Bills.

The press is over Rex here. Only when he does something like oh I don't know, jump out of a plane with a camera crew on hand or goes off on Amaro. Otherwise he's not a story anymore.

Chicago, Denver, SF, etc all said they weren't interested early. Atlanta said no thanks after their interview. Wasn't a case of the Bills striking early before one of the many interested teams hired Rex. If anyone showed interested you wouldn't have Rex in Buffalo. It's probably the worst spot for a Rex Ryan

The press is over Rex here. Only when he does something like oh I don't know, jump out of a plane with a camera crew on hand or goes off on Amaro. Otherwise he's not a story anymore.

Chicago, Denver, SF, etc all said they weren't interested early. Atlanta said no thanks after their interview. Wasn't a case of the Bills striking early before one of the many interested teams hired Rex. If anyone showed interested you wouldn't have Rex in Buffalo. It's probably the worst spot for a Rex Ryan

Atlanta didn't say no thanks.  The owner's mother died and everything went on hold.   In the meantime,  Rex interviewed and accepted a position with the Bills.  Yes,  Rex reached out to them after his interview with no reply.  However,  that doesn't confirm that they didn't want him.  Owner may not have been in a position to make a decision.

As for Chicago and Denver,  they didn't start interviewing until after Rex was hired.  The following are news articles talking about these teams hires and the times interviewed were scheduled:

Broncos:  Article 1-12-2015 still haven't interviewed 

bears       Article January 14, 2015  interview with Fox scheduled the following Tuesday,  January 20th. This article says that Ryan was one of the names on the table for an interview.  

This is a pretty terrible argument for Marrone being a better coach than Ryan. Lol. People on this message board and in the press thought Marrone would be an upgrade? Really? Most of that was a short-sighted knee-jerk reaction, looking for the pendulum swing from players coach to disciplinarian. I'm very glad the organization didn't make that move.

When the dust settled, Rex Ryan was the first head coach hire this cycle, and Doug Marrone is now an offensive line coach. Does anyone think Ryan would ever be anything less than a coordinator in this league? People think Rex is a narcissist, but here's Marrone walking out on a head coaching gig thinking he's gonna do better elsewhere - and he instead fell flat on his face.

Rex is a much better coach than he's given credit for around here, and he'll bring the enthusiasm and motivation to potentially get them off the playoff snide, but it does all still come down to the QB - and I definitely agree that the Bills are lost there, and that Buffalo was probably the worst fit for Ryan.

Rex is a much better coach than he's given credit for around here, and he'll bring the enthusiasm and motivation to potentially get them off the playoff snide, but it does all still come down to the QB - and I definitely agree that the Bills are lost there, and that Buffalo was probably the worst fit for Ryan.

It's also good to see the reappearance of the old "it's already not Rex's fault if anything bad happens next season" chestnut. By gar, it's been a while!

Still not sure why he didn't take the Atlanta job. He was the first HC hired, which clearly means he was the most in-demand

Maybe Scott Pioli posts here and is one of those myopic trolls who doesn't give Rex enough credit for being a good coach. Probably FSU_Jet, imho

This is a pretty terrible argument for Marrone being a better coach than Ryan. Lol. People on this message board and in the press thought Marrone would be an upgrade? Really? Most of that was a short-sighted knee-jerk reaction, looking for the pendulum swing from players coach to disciplinarian. I'm very glad the organization didn't make that move.

When the dust settled, Rex Ryan was the first head coach hire this cycle, and Doug Marrone is now an offensive line coach. Does anyone think Ryan would ever be anything less than a coordinator in this league? People think Rex is a narcissist, but here's Marrone walking out on a head coaching gig thinking he's gonna do better elsewhere - and he instead fell flat on his face.

Actually that wasn't my main reasoning, was just in response to her claim that shes read that Rex is one of the NFLs top HCs. I was wondering where as most Jets fans and the NY press don't feel that way, not even close.

Her other proof that Rex was the bestest HC was that Rex got a HC gig and Marrone an asst gig. Therefore my response.

Just smacking in the smack thread

Atlanta didn't say no thanks. The owner's mother died and everything went on hold. In the meantime, Rex interviewed and accepted a position with the Bills. Yes, Rex reached out to them after his interview with no reply. However, that doesn't confirm that they didn't want him. Owner may not have been in a position to make a decision.

As for Chicago and Denver, they didn't start interviewing until after Rex was hired. The following are news articles talking about these teams hires and the times interviewed were scheduled:

Broncos: Article 1-12-2015 still haven't interviewed

bears Article January 14, 2015 interview with Fox scheduled the following Tuesday, January 20th. This article says that Ryan was one of the names on the table for an interview.

Atlant didn't want Rex. It's not a crime, it's not a slap on Rex it happens. The GM could have hired Rex if he wanted. They were waiting on Seattle. Corps don't shut down if the owner or CEO has a death in the family. Chicago announced they weren't interviewing Rex.....Everyone knew Rex was interviewing, if a team was interested they contact the agent, it's not hard. If Denver, Chicage, SF was interested Rex would have waited on them. is there anything you can't explain away in a way that makes whatever the Bills do as a positive? Lol

Your contention was Rex is great because he was hired first. Whatever makes the Bills Mafia happy, here we go. Every team wanted them some Rex but there's only one and the Bills pulled off that heist.

Listen, it's fun messing with you, I hope he works out for the Bills like he did here. Some laughs, some wins, some highs, some lows teasing the fanbase but ultimately not quite good enough.

And then Arthur Blank was all, "Rex, please wait for us...please, I'll have her in the ground soon enough, but I need some time." But Rex would not be swayed--his heart was elsewhere. "Arthur," he said, "you got my condolences, buddy, but I really want to go to Buffalo. They promised me Tyrod Taylor." Then, from a dark corner of the room, Scott Pioli cried out, "Rex! I can get you Tyrod Taylor! I can dump Matt Ryan tomorrow! I can give you anything you need!" But, again, Rex was unmoved. "Fellas, listen, I know this franchise desperately needs me, but I got this thing for lake-effect snow, for abandoned steel mills, for pizza places that will spell my name out in prosciutto on a pie."

And with that, Rex walked out and boarded a helicopter bound for upstate New York, effectively putting an end to the Falcons franchise, and perhaps the South itself. In a nearby hospital room, sensing the despair of a team, a region, and that of her son, Mrs. Blank loosed her grip on the mortal coil and faded away, her EKG flatlining as the chopper spun away from Atlanta, taking their dreams of glory with it. The bards will tell you to this very day that, if one looked closely enough, the ghost of Mrs. Blank could be seen desperately clinging to the tail rotor of the helicopter, begging Rex Ryan not to go.

Atlant didn't want Rex. It's not a crime, it's not a slap on Rex it happens. The GM could have hired Rex if he wanted. They were waiting on Seattle. Corps don't shut down if the owner or CEO has a death in the family. Chicago announced they weren't interviewing Rex.....Everyone knew Rex was interviewing, if a team was interested they contact the agent, it's not hard. If Denver, Chicage, SF was interested Rex would have waited on them. is there anything you can't explain away in a way that makes whatever the Bills do as a positive? Lol

Your contention was Rex is great because he was hired first. Whatever makes the Bills Mafia happy, here we go. Every team wanted them some Rex but there's only one and the Bills pulled off that heist.

Listen, it's fun messing with you, I hope he works out for the Bills like he did here. Some laughs, some wins, some highs, some lows teasing the fanbase but ultimately not quite good enough.

No, my contention was that Rex was no longer available before the other teams even started to interview. The Bills moved fast to get a head coach.   The article about the Bears,  that I cited above,  stated that Rex's name was taken off the table (for interview) because he was hired by the Bills.  If Rex wasn't a consideration,  his name would not have been on the table.  I also don't agree that Rex would have "waited" for the other teams if they were interested.  When you find the right fit,  like Rex did when he interviewed with the Bills,  you move on it.  Posters here think Rex isn't a good fit because he's back in the same situation (no seasoned QB).  That's a weak argument in my opinion.   Really,  how many teams have a seasoned QB?  Also,  until the players put the pads on,  play in preseason games,  who really knows if we developed or have  a good  QB?   Under the management of Marrone,  EJ was never given a chance.  Taylor was a back up QB.  I am not saying that any of our QB's will set the world on fire but I am confident we have one that will take us to the playoffs.  It's fun messing with you too.  Nothing personal,  I enjoy the debate

That fits every HC we have had in Jet history except for Weeb in 1968-69  :winking0001: And with some we had no laughs or highs..

Slats:  Jet Nut likes to have fun with me.  I enjoy the back and forth conversations.      However,  getting back to football,  you are absolutely right until the point of the Bills being the worst fit for Ryan.  Everyone from the Pegulas to our fan base loves Rex Ryan. They are also confident that he will bring us to the playoffs this year.    There hasn't been this much enthusiasm about our team for 15 years.  We  don't have a QB but everything about Rex Ryan and the Bills fits perfectly.  EJ has really worked hard over the past year to make the grade.  As I mentioned many times,  I would love to see this kid make starting QB. .  There has also been some good feedback about Taylor.   I think we have a team to take us to the playoffs this year.

And then Arthur Blank was all, "Rex, please wait for us...please, I'll have her in the ground soon enough, but I need some time." But Rex would not be swayed--his heart was elsewhere. "Arthur," he said, "you got my condolences, buddy, but I really want to go to Buffalo. They promised me Tyrod Taylor." Then, from a dark corner of the room, Scott Pioli cried out, "Rex! I can get you Tyrod Taylor! I can dump Matt Ryan tomorrow! I can give you anything you need!" But, again, Rex was unmoved. "Fellas, listen, I know this franchise desperately needs me, but I got this thing for lake-effect snow, for abandoned steel mills, for pizza places that will spell my name out in prosciutto on a pie."

And with that, Rex walked out and boarded a helicopter bound for upstate New York, effectively putting an end to the Falcons franchise, and perhaps the South itself. In a nearby hospital room, sensing the despair of a team, a region, and that of her son, Mrs. Blank loosed her grip on the mortal coil and faded away, her EKG flatlining as the chopper flew away from Atlanta, taking their dreams of glory with it. The bards will tell you to this very day that, if one looked closely enough, the ghost of Mrs. Blank could be seen desperately clinging to the tail rotor of the helicopter, begging Rex Ryan not to go.

Tom:  I needed a good laugh this AM.  This is great!!!!

Still not sure why he didn't take the Atlanta job. He was the first HC hired, which clearly means he was the most in-demand

My point is that we really don't know if any of the other teams would have hired Rex because he wasn't available at the time the teams began their interviews.

Archived