The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mikerodak: Bills' first 10 snaps in 11-on-11: 4 sacks, 2 false starts, 1 scramble, 4 runs (one stopped in backfield by 95), 1 defensive holding (28)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha..  The Bills offense can't play, and the Bills reporters can't add.  When I went to school, 4+2+1+4+1=12, not 10.  Admittedly that was a long time ago.  Maybe they changed it.  LOL.

Ha..  The Bills offense can't play, and the Bills reporters can't add.  When I went to school, 4+2+1+4+1=12, not 10.  Admittedly that was a long time ago.  Maybe they changed it.  LOL.

Or maybe there was penalties or multiple penalties came on a play as per usual?  

@mikerodak: Bills' first 10 snaps in 11-on-11: 4 sacks, 2 false starts, 1 scramble, 4 runs (one stopped in backfield by 95), 1 defensive holding (28)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you ever want to hear "anything" negative about the Bills,  read Mike Rodak's (ESPN) articles.  If you want a clear and accurate picture,  go to Vic Carucci @ Buffalo News.

Ahh, that sounds just like what we all would say during camp. 

We (Bills defense) finished 4th in the league last year.  Have pretty much the same players  (3 Pro-Bowlers).  I think our defense is more than talk in camp JMO

We (Bills defense) finished 4th in the league last year.  Have pretty much the same players  (3 Pro-Bowlers).  I think our defense is more than talk in camp JMO

I agree, you guys have a great defense, so did the Jets for most of the time Ryan was coaching. The problem is that he cant coach offense if his life depended on it. Defense would be gassed by the 3rd quarter on most games because the offense kept getting sacked, not moving the ball, penalties and turning the ball over.  

We always said our offense is just playing a great defense during camp, but in reality the offense just sucked big time. 

I agree, you guys have a great defense, so did the Jets for most of the time Ryan was coaching. The problem is that he cant coach offense if his life depended on it. Defense would be gassed by the 3rd quarter on most games because the offense kept getting sacked, not moving the ball, penalties and turning the ball over.  

We always said our offense is just playing a great defense during camp, but in reality the offense just sucked big time. 

Based upon some of Rex's interviews,  I have a strong suspicion that he is going to let Greg Roman do his job.  I've read up on Greg Roman and his playbook and am really impressed.  

The stats for one practice is true.  Don't believe it provides the overall picture.  In addition,  our offense is playing amongst the best defense in the league.

Sorry Jeanie I'm sure you don't want to hear this but we used to say the same thing.  Its a terrible excuse, with time you will understand.

Based upon some of Rex's interviews,  I have a strong suspicion that he is going to let Greg Roman do his job.  I've read up on Greg Roman and his playbook and am really impressed.  

Protip: Advice on how to deal with Rex Ryan; Don't believe his lies.  You are better off taking anything he says with a massive grain of salt.  I'm sure he will let Roman run the offense but as soon as it hits a wall he will decide to stick his nose in and start implementing color coded wrist cards and screaming at your QBs to do nothing but not turn the ball over until your QBs have no faith in their own ability.  

Just a word of warning.  I still think you guys are gonna be great this year and be competitive for a playoff spot but you need to be prepared for luck to help you get there.  Rex prefers a 6-3 football game then trying to blow a team out.  He is so biased to defense its unfortunate offenses are the red-headed stepchild in the family.

Rex will get your players up and running through a wall for divisional games but then fall apart in the weeks after such hype.

EDIT: this is obviously over the course of his first 6 yrs as a head coach.  Hopefully he learns and improves but so far I've seen him do the same stageshow he's doing in Buffalo 6 yrs ago.  Its great for a stagnant fan base thats been losing for a long time but with the great highs he provides, he will kill you with the worst lows.

Protip: Advice on how to deal with Rex Ryan; Don't believe his lies.  You are better off taking anything he says with a massive grain of salt.  I'm sure he will let Roman run the offense but as soon as it hits a wall he will decide to stick his nose in and start implementing color coded wrist cards and screaming at your QBs to do nothing but not turn the ball over until your QBs have no faith in their own ability.  

Just a word of warning.  I still think you guys are gonna be great this year and be competitive for a playoff spot but you need to be prepared for luck to help you get there.  Rex prefers a 6-3 football game then trying to blow a team out.  He is so biased to defense its unfortunate offenses are the red-headed stepchild in the family.

Rex will get your players up and running through a wall for divisional games but then fall apart in the weeks after such hype.

EDIT: this is obviously over the course of his first 6 yrs as a head coach.  Hopefully he learns and improves but so far I've seen him do the same stageshow he's doing in Buffalo 6 yrs ago.  Its great for a stagnant fan base thats been losing for a long time but with the great highs he provides, he will kill you with the worst lows.

Thank you JetsfaninNE:  I've received similar feedback from posters here in terms of Rex  being over confident.  No doubt,  Bills' Fans are excited.   And,  many do think we can make the  playoffs.  However,  after being down for 15 years we are also a bit cautious. It's almost a too good to be true scenario.  

I think everyone,  including Rex,  is concerned about our QB.  Personally, I think Tyrod Taylor will be our starting QB.  He's starting to show progress.  EJ has too but his judgment is just not there.   Rex is pretty optimistic about making the playoffs.  However,  he hasn't made any promises for the SB, at least not yet.    My position right now is that yes,  I am excited but still in a wait and see mode.  

Please read the post referred to.  Penalties were spelled out and included in the count.  Thanks for playing, though.

Maybe instead of misplaced sarcasm you should read the original point again. The writer noted what happened on 10 snaps. Penalties happen on plays there should be more items than snaps. Thanks for playing? Lol, ok

First team (three possessions):

Quarterbacks: Manuel (one possession), Matt Cassel (one possession), Tyrod Taylor (one possession).

Results: Manuel: punt (from plus-43-yard line); Cassel: punt (from minus-35); Taylor: punt (from plus-40).

QB stats: Manuel: 1-for-3, 25 yards; Cassel: 1-for-3, 10 yards; Taylor: 0-for-1.

Rushing stats: LeSean McCoy: three runs, 2 yards; Taylor: one run, 5 yards.

Penalties: False start (Richie Incognito), delay of game (Manuel/offense).

Best plays: Manuel 25-yard completion to Percy Harvin; Cassel 10-yard completion to Harvin.

Worst plays: Manuel incompletion (overthrown) to Charles Clay on 3rd-and-13; Cassel incompletion (thrown wide) to Sammy Watkins on 3rd-and-5.

You can see the improvement Rex has brought to the Bills already. Especially to the passing game

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000513927/article/marcell-dareus-i-feel-like-they-dont-really-want-me

Marcell Dareus: 'I feel like they don't really want me'
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer

Marcell Dareus enters the final season of his rookie deal looking for a massive new contract from the Buffalo Bills. The defensive tackle thought not holding out of training camp might spur a deal, but the sides haven't moved any closer.

It's making life frustrating for the 25-year-old.

"They're making it hard," Dareus told the Buffalo News' Tyler Dunne after the Bills' 11-10 win over the Cleveland Browns on Thursday. "And it's just really making me unhappy. I feel like they don't really want me here."

After watching the Bills import and pay players like LeSean McCoy, Charles Clay and Jerry Hughes, Dareus is left wondering when his turn will come.

"We're still waiting," Dareus said. "I feel like they don't want me here as bad as I want to be here, as bad as the fans and my team wants me here. I feel like they're saying, 'Whatever. You come a dime a dozen.' "

At 6-foot-3 and 331 pounds, the former Alabama product is far from a humdrum talent. Combining the quickness and agility of a much smaller player with the power and size to play inside, Dareus is a wrecking force for the Bills. He's compiled 28.5 sacks in four seasons, including 10 in 2014.

The Bills have offered more than $90 million on a six-year extension, per the News, but Dareus is reportedly seeking something closer to Ndamukong Suh's six-year, $114 million deal.

"They're playing," Dareus said. "It's a contract game. They're playing. They're going back and forth. I play one game, they play this game. There's not much I can really say. I know what I'm worth.

"When it comes to comparing talents, I'll let other people judge it. You watch the tape and you tell me. It'll answer itself. ... You turn the tape on and you look at who's been handling business and that'll tell you. They see it, they know it. So we're just sitting back waiting."

The middle of preseason isn't when teams want contract controversies to creep up and become a distraction. The 2014 All-Pro player is a stud. Deals with those types of players generally get done -- eventually -- or the franchise tag is wielded.

Dareus would like to feel that love sooner rather than later.

Tom Brady first 3 drives have stalled BAD.

1/3 for 7 yards on the first 3 drives.

Drew Brees abusing the Pats starting D right now!!!!

Jimmy G brought into game 1:50 left in 1st quarter.  Tom Brady and the starting O looked pretty bad or the Saints defense is immensely improved this season.

Archived