Finally a contract that may help us sign Mo: Cam Heyward signs 6 year, 59m extension.

Shockwave

Steelers signed RE Cameron Heyward to a six-year, $59.2 million contract through 2020.

The No. 31 overall pick of the 2011 draft had been set to make $6.969 million in his walk year. Heyward's career got off to a slow start, but he's come on as a full-time player the past two seasons. He had easily his best year in 2014, holding his own against the run while generating 7.5 sacks on 876 snaps. The Steelers clearly see more improvement in the 26 year old's future. The $9.86 million average-annual value is a reasonable figure for a still-ascending pass rusher.

I dunno- Cam Jordan's didn't seem to help.

But the same thing crossed my mind, I'd be happy to have Wilk sign this same deal- Wilk has been better than Hayward over his career but Hayward seems to have better numbers just last year in 2014.

But Wilk seems to believe he's in JJ Watts stratosphere which frankly he's not. He's great but not epic. Sheldon could be epic but rally fd up but his mo'money attitude may have rubbed off on Mo.

But the same thing crossed my mind, I'd be happy to have Wilk sign this same deal- Wilk has been better than Hayward over his career but Hayward seems to have better numbers just last year in 2014.

But Wilk seems to believe he's in JJ Watts stratosphere which frankly he's not. He's great but not epic. Sheldon could be epic but rally fd up but his mo'money attitude may have rubbed off on Mo.

In fairness, have we gotten any confirmed proposals from his agent yet?

Why does everyone insist on believing Mo wants "Watt money." It never came out of his mouth nor his agent's mouth. This is a rumor that was started by some fan on message boards.

Why does everyone insist on believing Mo wants "Watt money." It never came out of his mouth nor his agent's mouth. This is a rumor that was started by some fan on message boards.

Agreed. Mo has been nothing but professional in his contract dealings as it pertains to running his mouth. I look at Dez Bryant, and more recently Sheldon, and am thankful for Mo's character.

Unbelievable to me how many people have latched on to a baseless rumor and constantly discuss it as if it's a fact.

Unbelievable to me how many people have latched on to a baseless rumor and constantly discuss it as if it's a fact.

Yeah, but I don't understand why Wilk is demanding Watt money. 

Yeah, but I don't understand why Wilk is demanding Watt money. 

He's just greedy is all.  I heard he wants Watt money and remote access to Kim Kardashian's cell phone cam...pass it on.

Before negotiations, have agent leak you want Watt money.   When negotiations start, your first demand is Watt money minus 10%.  Voila, suddenly a lot of money seems like a reasonable opener by comparison.

Negotiation 101.

Before negotiations, have agent leak you want Watt money.   When negotiations start, your first demand is Watt money minus 10%.  Voila, suddenly a lot of money seems like a reasonable opener by comparison.

Negotiation 101.

I agree with start high and then come down, but starting at Watt money would probably get him laughed out of the room.  Start at something remotely feasible IMO.

I agree with start high and then come down, but starting at Watt money would probably get him laughed out of the room.  Start at something remotely feasible IMO.

I didn't say start at Watt money

Like people know what Wilk really wants in a contract-all speculation but I would like to see a mutual agreement done- he has been a good loyal guy for us.

My biggest fear is that they let him go via trade or FA and then Sheldon smokes  himself into a year-long suspension.

Negotiation 101.

8/$96M $45M guaranteed?  Not too crazy. Maybe 7/$84M. 

You're right, it was unfair to Mo to suggest he's demanding Watt money - he and his agents have been under the radar. 

But as far as the rumors they were from none other than his buddy next door who between these comments and the weed is having a very worrisome off season:

---------------------

He’s worth that penny,” Richardson said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “And you know what penny I’m talking about. . . . We don’t just want J.J. Watt money. We want it all. We want Suh money. Hopefully everybody wants that type of bread in this league.”

“If Gerald McCoy can get $100 million, I’m pretty sure my guy Mo Wilkerson can get $100 million,” Richardson said.

Richardson alo dismissed the $55 million deal signed last week by Saints defensive lineman Cameron Jordan as a “team-friendly contract” that doesn’t apply to Wilkerson."

You're right, it was unfair to Mo to suggest he's demanding Watt money - he and his agents have been under the radar. 

But as far as the rumors they were from none other than his buddy next door who between these comments and the weed is having a very worrisome off season:

---------------------

He’s worth that penny,” Richardson said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “And you know what penny I’m talking about. . . . We don’t just want J.J. Watt money. We want it all. We want Suh money. Hopefully everybody wants that type of bread in this league.”

“If Gerald McCoy can get $100 million, I’m pretty sure my guy Mo Wilkerson can get $100 million,” Richardson said.

Richardson alo dismissed the $55 million deal signed last week by Saints defensive lineman Cameron Jordan as a “team-friendly contract” that doesn’t apply to Wilkerson."

Richardson has a big mouth to comment on everything- something that gets on my nerves

I am not sure but the same thing happened to Braylon Edwards.

A person said that BE wanted to be paid millions more dollars and was holding the Jets up for ransom. He wasn't and when asked for proof they could provide none.

For all we know the same could be said of MO.

Steelers signed RE Cameron Heyward to a six-year, $59.2 million contract through 2020.

The No. 31 overall pick of the 2011 draft had been set to make $6.969 million in his walk year. Heyward's career got off to a slow start, but he's come on as a full-time player the past two seasons. He had easily his best year in 2014, holding his own against the run while generating 7.5 sacks on 876 snaps. The Steelers clearly see more improvement in the 26 year old's future. The $9.86 million average-annual value is a reasonable figure for a still-ascending pass rusher.

This would be doable 

Archived