Pro-Brady Arguments are Plainly Silly and His Prospects in Federal Court are Weak

Bruce Harper

you are astounded that they unconditionally love the guy who brought their wretched franchise 4 super bowls? he could come over to their houses and piss in their wives mouths and all they would talk about is "what an accurate and manly stream Tommy has!"

But seriously, if this goes to court don't these ball boy scumbags have to take the stand?? Will they lie under oath to protect him? I think Tom Terrific has opened a can of worms he is not prepared to deal with.

Sorry PF.  My apologies for mistakenly giving you negative rep and now I can't figure out how to undo it.  I was on my phone and the buttons are really small.  Sorry about that.

I would love to see those guys testify as well as see Brady's phone records subpoenaed but I believe the case is limited to whether the NFL followed its procedures and whether its actions were arbitrary in light of the evidence it had before it.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in case you didn't hear, the Judge shopping seems to have favored the NFL, so far. First, in an effort to keep the case away from Judge Doty (the Judge in Minnesota who has clobbered the NFL time after time) the NFL filed a declaratory judgment action in the Southern District of New York (Manhattan) essentially asking the court to declare that their decision was proper under the CBA.  This action was filed moments after the appeals decision.  The Judge in New York apparently has put the matter on a "rocket docket,"  requiring the NFLPA to put in their response by August 13, which is a shortened time period.

Things haven't gone as well yet for the NFLPA and Brady.  He filed his Complaint yesterday in Minnesota in the hopes of getting Judge Doty assigned to the case but it was assigned to another Judge.  So now they are in a far flung jurisdiction and they didn't even get the Judge they wanted.  They have not yet filed their motion for a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction.  If stuff starts to happen in New York, the chances of the Minnesota Judge staying the Minnesota action are pretty good, as Judges tend to be deferential to each other on these types of things and will not allow two parallel actions to proceed.

Filing in Minnesota with the New York case pending seems like a huge mistake. The right way to go would have been to try to get the declaratory judgment action dismissed first. The league asking a court to rubber stamp the arbitration decision, which the league itself controls the means of enforcing, is the definition of an advisory opinion. It's a perfect example of why courts don't issue rulings absent a live controversy. What would stop the NFL from using this means to sneak through a precedent by bringing a case preemptively in an instance where the player was never going to contest the discipline beyond the league office? Here, though, Brady filing his own case kills the argument for dismissal of the declaratory judgment action.

What's stupid about the whole mess is in the 90's and before NFL QB's used to prep their game balls themselves.. Ray Lucas said he and Vinny used to take the game balls to the parking lot scuff them up and got them to a state they were happy with.. To me it's much ado about nothing if you don't have the talent a little less ball inflation won't all of a sudden make you a HOF QB..  I also think players should be allowed to do drugs as long as it doesn't affect their play on the field.. Funny thing they don't check for drugs during the season just the off season when players should be allowed to do what the hell they want IMO.. :animal0029:

That's exactly why Brady is a ******* idiot who deserves whatever punishment he gets. He could have made this whole thing go away in 30 seconds had he answered the first question he got about this right:

"All quarterbacks prepare the footballs they way they like them and I am no different. Peyton and I lobbied the rules committee a few years ago to get the league to allow us to do it. I thought the guys were following the correct procedure in preparing the footballs for me. If they did it wrong I must have given them bad instructions so ultimately it's on me. We will address this by making sure we conform to the letter of the rule moving forward."

There wouldn't have even been a follow up question and the story would have been over. 

Instead, this idiot acted like a little kid who got caught with his face covered in blueberry pie. 

What's stupid about the whole mess is in the 90's and before NFL QB's used to prep their game balls themselves.. Ray Lucas said he and Vinny used to take the game balls to the parking lot scuff them up and got them to a state they were happy with.. To me it's much ado about nothing if you don't have the talent a little less ball inflation won't all of a sudden make you a HOF QB..  I also think players should be allowed to do drugs as long as it doesn't affect their play on the field.. Funny thing they don't check for drugs during the season just the off season when players should be allowed to do what the hell they want IMO.. :animal0029:

Savage:  I absolutely agree that deflating of balls will not make a player a  HOF QB.   My  issue here is that it violates a rule and therefore destroys the integrity of the game.  About players taking drugs during offseason?  I  have to disagree that it should be okay.  I have to presume that "no drugs"  is in the players" contract for one.  Also,  how many people lose their jobs when they are charged or convicted of a felony?  Non-prescription drugs are still illegal.

That's exactly why Brady is a ******* idiot who deserves whatever punishment he gets. He could have made this whole thing go away in 30 seconds had he answered the first question he got about this right:

"All quarterbacks prepare the footballs they way they like them and I am no different. Peyton and I lobbied the rules committee a few years ago to get the league to allow us to do it. I thought the guys were following the correct procedure in preparing the footballs for me. If they did it wrong I must have given them bad instructions so ultimately it's on me. We will address this by making sure we conform to the letter of the rule moving forward."

There wouldn't have even been a follow up question and the story would have been over. 

Instead, this idiot acted like a little kid who got caught with his face covered in blueberry pie. 

His pompousness and indignation is what takes this mess to a whole new level of assery.

cat-humor-i-swear-i-didnt-do-it.jpg

Filing in Minnesota with the New York case pending seems like a huge mistake. The right way to go would have been to try to get the declaratory judgment action dismissed first. The league asking a court to rubber stamp the arbitration decision, which the league itself controls the means of enforcing, is the definition of an advisory opinion. It's a perfect example of why courts don't issue rulings absent a live controversy. What would stop the NFL from using this means to sneak through a precedent by bringing a case preemptively in an instance where the player was never going to contest the discipline beyond the league office? Here, though, Brady filing his own case kills the argument for dismissal of the declaratory judgment action.

The problem is that having a case dismissed can take months.  I don't think they could afford to wait to bring their own action and preliminary injunction motion.  The problem for them is that they went to Minnesota and got the Judge they didn't want.  They may now be doing their own evaluation as to which Judge of the two might be better for them.  They could bring counterclaims and their preliminary injunction motion in New York if they decide that Judge is more likely to grant the preliminary injunction.

The problem is that having a case dismissed can take months. I don't think they could afford to wait to bring their own action and preliminary injunction motion. The problem for them is that they went to Minnesota and got the Judge they didn't want. They may now be doing their own evaluation as to which Judge of the two might be better for them. They could bring counterclaims and their preliminary injunction motion in New York if they decide that Judge is more likely to grant the preliminary injunction.

This isn't really speaking to the issue. It's a legitimately weird procedural posture. Brady's suit for injunctive relief is clearly a compulsory counterclaim in the league's declaratory judgment action. At the same time, the league's case doesn't seem to be ripe for adjudication absent Brady having a live claim in play. I think it's actually the NFL that has the choice of forum either by voluntarily dismissing and going to Minnesota or moving to consolidate in New York.

The quote below is from yesterday's article on SBNation.  Step back from it being Brady and the Pats.   Then, read it again.  Imagine how much we would torch Goodell and the NFL if the same level of incompetence were shown to one of our QBs.

Tell me WTF Goodell is doing? If true, why would he not go the phone company?  Especially after he has made destroying the phone as the central issue of Brady's suspension.  If the damning evidence is there, go get it and show it to us.  From day one, nothing about "deflate gate" has added up to me.

Brady denies destroying his phone so that he didn't have to hand it over to the NFL. He says that he replaced his broken Samsung phone with an iPhone after his attorneys told him that investigators would not be given the phone itself.

"As for what was on the phone, Brady says that they turned over "detailed pages" of phone records and all of the emails requested by the Wells investigators. They also went to the phone company to retrieve the relevant messages from his broken phone. The NFL acknowledged that last part in the 20-page statement explaining Goodell's decision, buried in a footnote on page 12.

SIGN
The league declined to work with the phone company to retrieve the details of Brady's cell phone records because it was "simply not practical." That line and Goodell's effort to make it sound like Brady's phone was deliberately destroyed prior to meeting with investigators doesn't instill much confidence in the the NFL's ad hoc approach to disciplining players.

Brady's phone has been the NFL's MacGuffin throughout the DeflateGate saga. Goodell and the league cited Brady's refusal to cooperate -- specifically his supposed refusal to provide them with the phone and what was on it -- as a factor in handing out the four-game suspension and then standing by its decision upon appeal."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/29/9066253/tom-brady-cell-phone-deflategate-suspension-nfl-roger-goodell

One, because he couldn't. There's no subpoena power over third parties for internal business. Different story in court. Two, because why? If you can hit him just for concealing the evidence you don't confuse the issue by putting the evidence itself, at least some of which would tend to appear either innocuous or exculpatory, at issue.

I hope more than anything that comes of this that we get the lying, cheating, delusional, POS for both games this season.

I want to see the Jet's D line beat on this sissified mope and have him digging turf out of his helmet.

Then scan up to the box where the teams owner sits with his "girlfriend" and Teddy Bruschi and grab the look on his face.

Karma is coming ...  

One, because he couldn't. There's no subpoena power over third parties for internal business. Different story in court. Two, because why? If you can hit him just for concealing the evidence you don't confuse the issue by putting the evidence itself, at least some of which would tend to appear either innocuous or exculpatory, at issue.

Nope.  Brady's legal team, supposedly, offered to give Goodell any and all the information he wants.  Phone records, and phone company access, included.

For the record (and for those dolts who have difficulty differentiating between my suspicion from endorsement, and who neg rep based upon their own idiocy/biases), I'm not saying I don't want Brady punished.  All I want is for Goodell to show us what evidence he has.  Period.  

If Brady is guilty, throw the fukkin' book at him.  But, as I said before, it has never added up to me.  After 14 years in the league, some linebacker in an AFCCG picks up a ball and discerns a one pound difference in a ball.  lol  Right.

The quote below is from yesterday's article on SBNation.  Step back from it being Brady and the Pats.   Then, read it again.  Imagine how much we would torch Goodell and the NFL if the same level of incompetence were shown to one of our QBs.

Tell me WTF Goodell is doing? If true, why would he not go the phone company?  Especially after he has made destroying the phone as the central issue of Brady's suspension.  If the damning evidence is there, go get it and show it to us.  From day one, nothing about "deflate gate" has added up to me.

Brady denies destroying his phone so that he didn't have to hand it over to the NFL. He says that he replaced his broken Samsung phone with an iPhone after his attorneys told him that investigators would not be given the phone itself.

"As for what was on the phone, Brady says that they turned over "detailed pages" of phone records and all of the emails requested by the Wells investigators. They also went to the phone company to retrieve the relevant messages from his broken phone. The NFL acknowledged that last part in the 20-page statement explaining Goodell's decision, buried in a footnote on page 12.

SIGN
The league declined to work with the phone company to retrieve the details of Brady's cell phone records because it was "simply not practical." That line and Goodell's effort to make it sound like Brady's phone was deliberately destroyed prior to meeting with investigators doesn't instill much confidence in the the NFL's ad hoc approach to disciplining players.

Brady's phone has been the NFL's MacGuffin throughout the DeflateGate saga. Goodell and the league cited Brady's refusal to cooperate -- specifically his supposed refusal to provide them with the phone and what was on it -- as a factor in handing out the four-game suspension and then standing by its decision upon appeal."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/29/9066253/tom-brady-cell-phone-deflategate-suspension-nfl-roger-goodell

I'm not sure what point you are making.  All he turned over was a list of the texts and calls that were made, none of the texts themselves.  Brady is very cute in the way he describes it to make it sound like he turned over the texts themselves when he did not.  That is why his losing, destroying, replacing -- whatever you want to call it -- the phone is important.

This isn't really speaking to the issue. It's a legitimately weird procedural posture. Brady's suit for injunctive relief is clearly a compulsory counterclaim in the league's declaratory judgment action. At the same time, the league's case doesn't seem to be ripe for adjudication absent Brady having a live claim in play. I think it's actually the NFL that has the choice of forum either by voluntarily dismissing and going to Minnesota or moving to consolidate in New York.

I agree with all of this.  The NFL won the race to the courthouse, but does that really matter if it is essentially a makeweight claim or one that is not recognized by the law?  Is a declaratory judgment action to affirm an arbitrator's ruling when there is no money judgment to obtain really a proper or recognized claim?  Suppose that the NFL won the race to the courthouse by suing Brady in New York for looking at Goodell cross-eyed in the Appeal hearing.  Would that be enough to preserve New York as an appropriate forum for Brady's claims?  There could be some fighting over the issue that the NFL's claim is not procedurally legitimate but was filed only to preserve New York as the forum for any litigation.

Nope.  Brady's legal team, supposedly, offered to give Goodell any and all the information he wants.  Phone records, and phone company access, included.

For the record (and for those dolts who have difficulty differentiating between my suspicion from endorsement, and who neg rep based upon their own idiocy/biases), I'm not saying I don't want Brady punished.  All I want is for Goodell to show us what evidence he has.  Period.  

If Brady is guilty, throw the fukkin' book at him.  But, as I said before, it has never added up to me.  After 14 years in the league, some linebacker in an AFCCG picks up a ball and discerns a one pound difference in a ball.  lol  Right.

You have the facts wrong.  He did not offer to  give them what they wanted, which was the texts themselves.

Nope. Brady's legal team, supposedly, offered to give Goodell any and all the information he wants. Phone records, and phone company access, included.

For the record (and for those dolts who have difficulty differentiating between my suspicion from endorsement, and who neg rep based upon their own idiocy/biases), I'm not saying I don't want Brady punished. All I want is for Goodell to show us what evidence he has. Period.

If Brady is guilty, throw the fukkin' book at him. But, as I said before, it has never added up to me. After 14 years in the league, some linebacker in an AFCCG picks up a ball and discerns a one pound difference in a ball. lol Right.

No dice. They had the chance to turn that information over to Wells and refused. Assuming the procedure under the CBA is like most appeal processes, there has to be a pretty compelling reason to consider evidence on appeal that was withheld at the lower level. Even taking as given that it would change the outcome, that typically isn't enough.

I agree with all of this. The NFL won the race to the courthouse, but does that really matter if it is essentially a makeweight claim or one that is not recognized by the law? Is a declaratory judgment action to affirm an arbitrator's ruling when there is no money judgment to obtain really a proper or recognized claim? Suppose that the NFL won the race to the courthouse by suing Brady in New York for looking at Goodell cross-eyed in the Appeal hearing. Would that be enough to preserve New York as an appropriate forum for Brady's claims? There could be some fighting over the issue that the NFL's claim is not procedurally legitimate but was filed only to preserve New York as the forum for any litigation.

Correction, there could have been fighting over that issue had Brady not filed the collateral action. Want of ripeness is curable, and there's a live controversy now. The Minnesota court's decision to order consolidation sua sponte is clearly right because the league shouldn't really get to forum shop either (not that there's any reason to assume they'd have chosen Minnesota even knowing they didn't draw Doty), but you'd think the judge would have milked it a little first.

I hadn't seen that the cases were already consolidated in New York. Certainly makes sense.

Tom Brady's lawsuit to be argued in New York, not Minnesota
15m - NFL TOM BRADY +1 more
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's lawsuit against the NFL, in which he wants his four-game suspension overturned, will be heard in New York instead of Minnesota.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Brady and the NFL Players Association filed their suit Wednesday in Minnesota. But the NFL already had filed papers Tuesday in New York, moments after announcing that commissioner Roger Goodell upheld the suspension for Brady's involvement in the use of underinflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game.

U.S. District Court Judge Richard Kyle ordered the transfer.

The judge wrote that he "sees little reason for this action to have been commenced in Minnesota at all." He noted that Brady plays in Massachusetts, the union is headquartered in Washington and the NFL in New York. Kyle added that "the arbitration proceedings took place in New York and the award was issued in New York."

The union has previously had success in litigation in Minnesota, which is considered a labor-friendly state. Additionally, U.S. District Judge David Doty has heard many cases related to the NFL and has at times sided with the NFLPA in the past, including when he overturned the suspension of Minnesota Vikingsrunning back Adrian Peterson.

The move to consolidate the lawsuits involving Brady in New York is seen as an initial victory for the NFL in that the league was successful in choosing the jurisdiction where the arguments would be heard.

The NFL's action was part of what seemed to anger Patriots owner Robert Kraft in his Wednesday remarks, when he appeared to direct a salvo at NFL general counsel Jeff Pash in saying, "Now the league has taken the matter to court, which is a tactic that only a lawyer would recommend."

Information from ESPN.com's Joe McDonald, Mike Reiss and The Associated Press was used in this report.

SIGN

Dude, why would you defend Tom Brady?

Dude, why would you defend Tom Brady?

Kleck, go read my last post.  I could not have been clearer.  I am NOT defending Brady.  Just don't believe Goodell has been forthright in the process.

For one second, suspend your hatred of Belicheat, Brady and the Pats.  (Yeah, I know it's difficult for me, too.)  Imagine if Goodell was pulling this garbage with Namath, Vinny, or even Geno:

Specifically, it can be found at footnote 11 on page 12: “After the hearing and after the submission of post-hearing briefs, Mr. Brady’s certified agents offered to provide a spreadsheet that would identify all of the individuals with whom Mr. Brady had exchanged text messages during [the relevant time] period; the agents suggested that the League could contact those individuals and request production of any relevant text messages that they retained. Aside from the fact that, under Article 46, Section 2(f) of the CBA, such information could and should have been provided long before the hearing, the approach suggested in the agents’ letter — which would require tracking down numerous individuals and seeking consent from each to retrieve from their cellphones detailed information about their text message communications during the relevant period — is simply not practical.”

In English, here’s what the footnote means: Although the text messages couldn’t be retrieved directly from Brady’s phone, his agents provided all of the phone numbers with which Brady exchanged text messages. His agents also said that the league could attempt to get the actual text messages from the phones of the people with whom Brady communicated, but the league refused to attempt to try, claiming that it would be too hard to track down the various people and to persuade them to cooperate."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/brady-offered-to-help-nfl-gather-missing-text-messages/

Not "practical"?????!!!  It's your fukking job, asshat.    He's got a team of lawyers, but can't go get the information Brady's team is offering?  What?  We would eviscerate Goodell on this board.

Kleck, go read my last post.  I could not have been clearer.  I am NOT defending Brady.  Just don't believe Goodell has been forthright in the process.

For one second, suspend your hatred of Belicheat, Brady and the Pats.  (Yeah, I know it's difficult for me, too.)  Imagine if Goodell was pulling this garbage with Namath, Vinny, or even Geno:

Specifically, it can be found at footnote 11 on page 12: “After the hearing and after the submission of post-hearing briefs, Mr. Brady’s certified agents offered to provide a spreadsheet that would identify all of the individuals with whom Mr. Brady had exchanged text messages during [the relevant time] period; the agents suggested that the League could contact those individuals and request production of any relevant text messages that they retained. Aside from the fact that, under Article 46, Section 2(f) of the CBA, such information could and should have been provided long before the hearing, the approach suggested in the agents’ letter — which would require tracking down numerous individuals and seeking consent from each to retrieve from their cellphones detailed information about their text message communications during the relevant period — is simply not practical.”

In English, here’s what the footnote means: Although the text messages couldn’t be retrieved directly from Brady’s phone, his agents provided all of the phone numbers with which Brady exchanged text messages. His agents also said that the league could attempt to get the actual text messages from the phones of the people with whom Brady communicated, but the league refused to attempt to try, claiming that it would be too hard to track down the various people and to persuade them to cooperate."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/brady-offered-to-help-nfl-gather-missing-text-messages/

Not "practical"?????!!!  It's your fukking job, asshat.    He's got a team of lawyers, but can't go get the information Brady's team is offering?  What?  We would eviscerate Goodell on this board.

Couldn't disagree more. Brady is the one who has made this mountain out of a molehill. 

He could have ended this during his first press conference after the AFC Championship Game. Admit it, minimize it, move on. 

He chose to make it a controversy and now it's biting him in the ass. 

The commissioner's office can't be strong armed by star players. 

Couldn't disagree more. Brady is the one who has made this mountain out of a molehill. 

He could have ended this during his first press conference after the AFC Championship Game. Admit it, minimize it, move on. 

He chose to make it a controversy and now it's biting him in the ass. 

The commissioner's office can't be strong armed by star players. 

I respect your opinion.  How is it strong arming?  They are offering Goodell the requisite data.  He just finds it inconvenient to go get it.

All Goodell needs to do is check the phone data, then show us the emails, calls, and/or texts with Brady directing the bellboys to deflate the balls.  Case would be closed with Brady getting suspended. No?

No dice. They had the chance to turn that information over to Wells and refused. Assuming the procedure under the CBA is like most appeal processes, there has to be a pretty compelling reason to consider evidence on appeal that was withheld at the lower level. Even taking as given that it would change the outcome, that typically isn't enough.

Newly discovered evidence?  I just found out that all those texts are available on the cloud?

I respect your opinion.  How is it strong arming?  They are offering Goodell the requisite data.  He just finds it inconvenient to go get it.

All Goodell needs to do is check the phone data, then show us the emails, calls, and/or texts with Brady directing the bellboys to deflate the balls.  Case would be closed with Brady getting suspended. No?

No he isn't. He offered a record that showed text messages were sent, not the actual messages. 

Brady has inconvenienced everyone by making this thing an issue to begin with. 

THIS DIDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN. Brady lied, covered it up and then postured. If he had admitted from the outset, claimed he misunderstood the rule and would be sure to comply in the future, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and it would have been over. 

He handled this whole thing the exact opposite of how he should have. 

How?

I was kidding.  That is the main way that you can raise evidence that wasn't in the underlying action.  It obviously isn't the case here.  The guy intentionally tried to destroy evidence, he couldn't claim that it was newly discovered.  Well.. he could, but I don't see how anyone would buy it. 

You are dead wrong.  Goodell does not have subpoena power.  He has no way to get those texts if Brady does not give them to him.  All Brady gave him was the equivalent of a phone bill.  Without the phone or subpoena power, he has no access to the texts.  

"Ah did not have sex with mah footballs and break the rules, not one time. Never." Ah always smash mah cell phones to a pulp ev'rah 4 months.......except the ones you found." "This is a vast Jets-wing conspiracy to discredit me bah people who ah simply jealous of mah success." Sound familiar?

No he isn't. He offered a record that showed text messages were sent, not the actual messages. 

Brady has inconvenienced everyone by making this thing an issue to begin with. 

THIS DIDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN. Brady lied, covered it up and then postured. If he had admitted from the outset, claimed he misunderstood the rule and would be sure to comply in the future, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and it would have been over. 

He handled this whole thing the exact opposite of how he should have. 

Then why not go to any length to prove his guilt?  Leave no stone unturned?  Seems pretty easy to call a bunch of folks.

And I'm sorry that "Archduke Goodell" and his staff would be "inconvenienced".  But if you truly want to get to the bottom of the issue, dot every "i" and cross every "t".

And I'm not the only one who sees the flaws in Goodell's moronic, half-assed handling of this mess:

"It was a fun story for a few minutes and there was some mild hoopla surrounding the idea of a frenzied Brady destroying his cellphone. Problem is, even if he had … so what? This isn’t The Wire, and snapping a cellphone in half and tossing it in the gutter wouldn’t be enough to erase Brady’s history anyway. The digital trail our phones leave behind long outlive the physical device itself, and the league could have potentially tracked down the information in a number of ways—which is why the whole story was utterly ridiculous. Regardless, here is exactly why it wouldn’t matter if Tom Brady smashed his cellphone."

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/even-tom-brady-smash-phone-itd-make-zero-sense/

You are dead wrong.  Goodell does not have subpoena power.  He has no way to get those texts if Brady does not give them to him.  All Brady gave him was the equivalent of a phone bill.  Without the phone of subpoena power, he has no access to the texts.  

All Goodell had to do (could still do), and Wells for that matter, was to contact each of those individuals and request access to those texts, etc.  

Franky, I'm shocked Wells didn't do this.  He had as much time as needed to complete the investigation.  You're telling me he wouldn't have at least interviewed the people on Brady's phone printout?  Even if they refused, that would have built a stronger case for Brady's guilt.  

Maybe Wells' report is more flawed than we think.  If I'm paying Wells, first thing I'm going to ask is why he didn't check up on those records and people.  And what's this "generally aware" bullish*t?  Did you find him guilty or not?

I respect your opinion. How is it strong arming? They are offering Goodell the requisite data. He just finds it inconvenient to go get it.

All Goodell needs to do is check the phone data, then show us the emails, calls, and/or texts with Brady directing the bellboys to deflate the balls. Case would be closed with Brady getting suspended. No?

It's not a matter of practicality or convenience. Prior to the initial determination, this information was requested and withheld even though they offered him carte blanche to decide what to turn over or not. Now he wants to appeal on evidence not of record and make them go get it. Oookay. Nothing works like this.

It's not a matter of practicality or convenience. Prior to the initial determination, this information was requested and withheld even though they offered him carte blanche to decide what to turn over or not. Now he wants to appeal on evidence not of record and make them go get it. Oookay. Nothing works like this.

I don't believe you're correct.  Why would SBNation report this as fact?

"As for what was on the phone, Brady says that they turned over "detailed pages" of phone records and all of the emails requested by the Wells investigators. They also went to the phone company to retrieve the relevant messages from his broken phone. The NFL acknowledged that last part in the 20-page statement explaining Goodell's decision, buried in a footnote on page 12."

WSLETTER

Get all kinds of NFL stories, rumors, game coverage, and inane comments from the NFL media in your inbox every day.

Email: 

Archived