Fitzpatrick fans read this.

joewilly12

Held us back ? Do they win vs TB without Geno scrambling and getting the flag ? Do they win vs Atlanta Monday night without his solid effort , do we beat the bills with out those huge deep balls to the likes Holmes . People forget fast . That roster 2 years ago was one of the worst jets rosters constructed..

you're right. looking at his stats, its obvious.....55.8% completion rate, 12 touchdowns (2.7%), 21 interceptions (4.7%). 66.5 passer rating, 8 fumbles

actually there were only 2 games that whole year he had more touchdown passes than interceptions.....thats pathetic. he actually had 8 games without a touchdown pass. he had 7 games where he threw multiple interceptions, but only 3 where he threw multiple touchdowns. 10 games with 55% completion rate or lower and 5 with 42% or lower. 8 games where he failed to crack 200 passing yards. 7 games with 68 or lower passer rating, he even had 2 games with a negative adjusted yards per attempt.

i apologize idk what i was thinking. after looking at the nuimbers it is obvious geno took that team full of sh*t players on his back and willed them to 8 wins

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I find odd about Jet fans? 

When Sanchez won 9 games his rookie season then made it to the AFCCG the excuse was "He rode on the back of the defense". 

When Sanchez won 11 games his 2nd season then made it to the AFCCG the excuse was "He rode on the back of the defense". 

Now, when Geno won 8 games his rookie season and missed the playoffs the excuse was "He held the team back that season". 

Now, when Geno won 3 games his 2nd season and missed the playoffs the excuse was "he only gave us 3 wins".

So let me get this straight. When the team wins in the reg season and in the playoffs then the credit goes to the defense. However, when the team loses in the reg season and doesnt go to the playoffs the credit goes to the QB????

How does this happen? I really dont understand. That defense looked like sh*t last year right? That defense couldnt stop 3rd and long no matter the team right? We were picking up CB's off the street right? 

How about those WR's? Didnt the Jets have by far the worst WR tandem in the league during Geno's rookie campaign? Didnt the Jets have the 6th best rushing attack in terms of yards but like the 25th best in terms of rushing TD's last year? 

Seriously, most Jets fans cannot be taken seriously when discussing quarterbacks. 

when the team wins and the quarterback has stats like geno had that season then its obvious he didnt contribute much to the winning

Did you take a "detailed look" at Geno's 8-8 season, where he threw for 12 TD's, 21 picks, and had 8 fumbles, and benefitted from a running game that totalled nearly 2200 yards? How about his follow-up 4-12 campaign?

Fitz can never be labeled a "winner". But this 8-8 season for Geno has been repeated over and over as if he played a big hand in that. He was a handoff machine (we ran it 493 times; Geno only attempted 443 passes) who despite our best "Hide the QB" efforts and a successful running game led us to a finish of 29th in total offense.

At least when Fitz has had some success in this league, he's played a big hand in it. Again, 80+ times in his career he's done his job. That's not a track record of a bottom 3 QB like Geno. When we lose, Geno is a top 3 reason nearly every time. When Fitz has lost in his career, about half the time it was on his defenses. That's a pretty wide disparity.

Shocking, a rookie QB, coming from a spread offense, rushed into starting for a mediocre NFL team struggled. But somehow won 8 games. Leaving fans to rip him incessantly as if they cracked a code . And then make one excuse after another for a vet who just can't find a way to win wherever he's been.

Why do people like you fall over themselves to make excuses for some other teams garbage while at the same time can't give someone from our team 1/5th amount of patience.

when the team wins and the quarterback has stats like geno had that season then its obvious he didnt contribute much to the winning

Until you wake up and realize it takes a lot more than stats to win games. Unless you're a fantasy football geek

you're right. looking at his stats, its obvious.....55.8% completion rate, 12 touchdowns (2.7%), 21 interceptions (4.7%). 66.5 passer rating, 8 fumbles

actually there were only 2 games that whole year he had more touchdown passes than interceptions.....thats pathetic. he actually had 8 games without a touchdown pass. he had 7 games where he threw multiple interceptions, but only 3 where he threw multiple touchdowns. 10 games with 55% completion rate or lower and 5 with 42% or lower. 8 games where he failed to crack 200 passing yards. 7 games with 68 or lower passer rating, he even had 2 games with a negative adjusted yards per attempt.

i apologize idk what i was thinking. after looking at the nuimbers it is obvious geno took that team full of sh*t players on his back and willed them to 8 wins

Your looking at stats I watched all the games ..

I did, and thats expected for a rookie. 

Now go take a 10 year detailed look at how year after year Fitzpatrick either tanked or got injured. Either way at the end of the season the team that he started for didnt end well. 

And my intentions arent to repeat over and over again this 8-8 season by Geno. My intentions are to stop the bullsh*t that I hear in regards to Fitz being our best option when he hasnt even been the best option for 5 prior teams....given my "detailed look" at his record. 

Maybe if you dissect Fitz as you do Geno we would see eye-to-eye on this. 

Other than the idea that Geno is a young and can improve I see no way to support this view.  The manner in which Geno played put him at the very bottom of ranked QBs.  Fitz is higher for good reason.  He is better.

The idea that Geno has some skills if only he did not repeatedly explode hand grenades in his own living room does not detract from the impact those hand grenades have on the team we all root for.

Other than the idea that Geno is a young and can improve I see no way to support this view.  The manner in which Geno played put him at the very bottom of ranked QBs.  Fitz is higher for good reason.  He is better.

The idea that Geno has some skills if only he did not repeatedly explode hand grenades in his own living room does not detract from the impact those hand grenades have on the team we all root for.

This is the only view required. Fitz is a 11 year vet and his best season was an average one 6 to 7 years into his career. 

Until you wake up and realize it takes a lot more than stats to win games. Unless you're a fantasy football geek

this is the line people like to use when they want to make excuses for a sh*tty qb. i watched all the games and the stats prove what i saw. geno was sh*tty

Not only does Geno stink but his actions and the situations he finds himself in are completely embarrassing. All he does at the moment is carry Rex's "circus" vibe.

I get it. We all want the young stud franchise qb but Geno is not him. Fitz should start.

i've watched just about every jets game for the last 25 years. geno sucked both years he played so far......

Did he or did he not play a big factor in a few wins his first year ? Simple question and I'm not saying all of them cause we know that would be a lie .. I don't care how long you been a fan . We're all fans we all been here for the struggle and the were still struggling . We all want the same thing and that is to just win ..

You watch 128 hours of NFL a week during the regular season?

Jets stuff mostly .. I try my best to keep up around league ..but jets stuff I pretty much live that 24/7 365. Hell even when I'm not posting I'm reading everyone's stuff on here, i watched quite a few games via replay . Which I'm sure majority of the fans here probably do the same ..

this is the line people like to use when they want to make excuses for a sh*tty qb. i watched all the games and the stats prove what i saw. geno was sh*tty

Right. That's what it is. Yet you can't seem to come up with a reason why I'm wrong for thinking it takes more than stats to win. While your numbers for Geno proves me right and you wrong. No one said Geno didn't struggle. Just saying he's a QB who won 8 games. Spin it any way you want.

Must make Geno haters heads hurt to discuss wins. Jets win 8, you can't give Geno credit.

Jets win only 4 you want to blame Geno except then you have to credit him for the 8 a year ago. And have to put a sh1tty w/l record on Fitz.

You're wasting your time bro. Just walk away. lol. 

Today I realized that arguing with Jet fans about QB's is dumb to do. Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven that.

It is a amazing that the most visible, most important and most reported on position confuses so many fans. Can't figure out which position fans struggle more with QB or OL

You're wasting your time bro. Just walk away. lol. 

Today I realized that arguing with Jet fans about QB's is dumb to do. Ryan Fitzpatrick has proven that. 

lol. this is a joke. lets take 6 of the top quaterbacks form last year according to their stats.....

tom brady - 33 td, 9 interceptions, 64.1% completion rate, 97.4 passer rating              record 12-4 (won the superbowl)

aaron rodgers - 38 td, 5 interceptions, 65.6% completion rate, 112.2 passer rating       record 12-4 (played in nfc championship and lost to russell wilsons seahawks who had a nice season stat wise as well)

ben roethlisberger - 32 td, 9 interceptions, 67.1% completion rate, 103.3 passer rating      record 11-5 (lost in wild card round to flacco's ravens who also had a nice season as far as stats go)

peyton manning - 39 td, 15 interceptions, 66.2% completion rate, 101.5 passer rating      record 12-4 (lost in dicisional round to andrew lucks colts who has a stellar year as far as qb stats go)

tony romo - 34 td, 9 interceptions, 69.9% completion rate, 113.2 passer rating                record 12-4 (lost to aaron rodgers packers who is probably best quarterback in the league)

andrew luck - 40 td, 16 interceptions, 61.7% completion rate, 96.5 passer rating       record 11-5 (lost to patriots and we all know tom brady is great qb and puts up monster stats)

notice a pattern? the teams that win are the teams who have qb's who put up great stats. stop trying to convince yourself a quarterbacks numbers dont matter. you want to win you need a quarterback who plays great....throws alot of touchdowns, has a high completion rate, limits interceptions, puts up passing yards...........etc etc.

the numbers dont lie.....geno smith has been one of, if not the worst qb in the league since he came in. idk why you guys dont get that. i know theres that glimmer of hope that he turns it around and suddenly becomes a quaterback who puts up great numbers and wins ball games with his arm. we all want it. we have all watched our team consistently have some of the worst quarterbacks in the league for a majority of the time we've been fans. it sucks.....but stop deluding yourselves into thinking a quarterbacks numbers dont matter. just because we havent had a qb on this team put up nice numbers in years doesnt mean its not what we need. i am not saying fitzpatrick is going to become tom brady....but hell he's been better than geno smith

Did he or did he not play a big factor in a few wins his first year ? Simple question and I'm not saying all of them cause we know that would be a lie .. I don't care how long you been a fan . We're all fans we all been here for the struggle and the were still struggling . We all want the same thing and that is to just win ..

thew problem is he played a bigger factor in alot of the losses that year. thats the problem. and he did it gain last year....he even got benched for that scrub vick.

Right. That what it is. Yet you can't seem to come up with how I'm wrong for thinking it takes more than stats to win. While Your numbers for Geno proves me right and you wrong. No one said Geno didn't struggle. Just saying he's a QB who won 8 games. Spin it any way you want

and he won 3 games last year...spin that

thew problem is he played a bigger factor in alot of the losses that year. thats the problem. and he did it gain last year....he even got benched for that scrub vick.

He played well when decker was ok the field did he not ? He goes down nothing but scrubs left things fell apart .

Vick played he worst ever ball here with the same group .. Kerley is a 4th string WR for us right now. Last year he was #1 . I'm not saying Geno is the answer but he wasn't given the best situation . Rex has not developed 1 QB to date . Chan,Bowles,Marshall clearly favored Geno . I think I'm just more interested in seeing than anything . He has all the physical skills so where good there . Fitz brings a limited arm with gunsliger mentality he is very capable of throwing 20 picks just as well . We gain nothing with him imo at the moment . If Geno blows sure let him play

This is the only view required. Fitz is a 11 year vet and his best season was an average one 6 to 7 years into his career. 

you do realize that the one jets quarterback to have the best year since, probably joe namath was a guy who was an 11 year vet and at the time who had a career record of 48-63, more interceptions than touchdowns, and only one winning season????

none other than vinny testaverde

Archived