Jets Chant

Ghost

No matter our differences on your failed Bring Back Ed Campaign, what you did to get Idzik out of here a year early was fantastic and I will always be indebted to you for that fantastic service.  I truly believe that without the propeller planes Woody Johnson wouldn't have felt compelled to get rid of the guy.  You did that.  All the credit in the world.

In fact, if you yourself decided to put on the helmet and do the J-E-T-S chant, I'd be your biggest supporter. 

SAR I

lol... I think you give that campaign way too much credit. We were already insulted (as season ticket holders) that Idzik left all that money under the cap and was clearly making no effort to win... But we kept our mouths shut until he had the nerve to stand up at that press conference and treat us all like morons - telling us how hard everyone is trying and how everything was fine... 

That campaign was nothing more than the 4 of us telling the Jets that we were going to walk away from our PSL investment if they brought back that bafoon. It spread like wildfire because - clearly - many people agreed with us. I do agree with you that Woody probably wanted no more of the embarrassment and distraction that we created. But I think that if we never did that campaign - if he was crazy enough to want Idzik back, the media would have forced a change regardless. 

In retrospect, the second that press conference ended Idzik was a walking corpse. It may as well have been a resignation speech.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruh-row.

What's the Opening Day Tailgate plan for JN?  Is there an official meeting spot where JN Illuminati all congregate and asphalt-feast?

SAR I

i will be at tailgate Joe's.

Good time I highly recommend it. I have green parking so I'll be parked over there for the opener. I dint have a bmw though. Just wanted to be really upfront lol.

StubHub is still the best way to manage and sell tickets, no?  

You could use the individual exchanges, i.e., NFL, NBA, NHL but it is more difficult to manage all of those individually, right?

I find putting everything on SH is easier.  One stop sell.  And the commission is competitive to what you will pay with the exchanges.

The new maps are brutal.  I have links to use the old maps but still it has had an effect.  The commission is 10% but they buyer gets whacked with 15-17% so it's a huge mark up.  A $200 ticket you get $180 buyer pays $225.

Easy to manage but I don't like the comission.  I miss the mid 00s when ebay and craigslist were used.

i will be at tailgate Joe's.

Good time I highly recommend it. I have green parking so I'll be parked over there for the opener. I dint have a bmw though. Just wanted to be really upfront lol.

Cool.  Please let me know the location of TJ's when you know it.  How much $ per person?  Donations I assume? 

As for the lack of a European sportscar, that's a tough one.  If you drive something domestic, as long as it's MSRP is over $50,000 I might be able to make an exception.

SAR I

The new maps are brutal.  I have links to use the old maps but still it has had an effect.  The commission is 10% but they buyer gets whacked with 15-17% so it's a huge mark up.  A $200 ticket you get $180 buyer pays $225.

Easy to manage but I don't like the comission.  I miss the mid 00s when ebay and craigslist were used.

Understood.

Still better than using the exchanges since the commissions are comparable to SH, no?

Cool.  Please let me know the location of TJ's when you know it.  How much $ per person?  Donations I assume? 

As for the lack of a European sportscar, that's a tough one.  If you drive something domestic, as long as it's MSRP is over $50,000 I might be able to make an exception.

SAR I

I thought you're too good for tailgating.

It's not for me, its for my son. He needs to experience the underbelly of society so he understands what not to be when he grows up. 

SAR I

SAR I not only the underbelly of society tailgates I've seen a lot worse go on at the Far Hills Race. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2470911/New-Jerseys-Far-Hills-horse-race-white-elites-tailgate-style.html

SAR I not only the underbelly of society tailgates I've seen a lot worse go on at the Far Hills Race. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2470911/New-Jerseys-Far-Hills-horse-race-white-elites-tailgate-style.html

Between the pretentious, self absorbed, new money, "look at me" snobs and the "set the record for drunk and disorderly" dirtbag crowd, you couldn't pay me to show up for that thing.  And I live 5 miles from there. 

Between the pretentious, self absorbed, new money, "look at me" snobs and the "set the record for drunk and disorderly" dirtbag crowd, you couldn't pay me to show up for that thing.  And I live 5 miles from there. 

I usually volunteer to help out with parking its worth my time seeing the stuff that goes on there it gets better each year. 

Rich and i mean very rich people drunk and very disorderly the tailgates are catered with white glove service and more. 

I usually volunteer to help out with parking its worth my time seeing the stuff that goes on there it gets better each year. 

Rich and i mean very rich people drunk and very disorderly the tailgates are catered with white glove service and more. 

I'd rather stay home and clean out my sock drawer than witness that circus.

SAR I

Joe is in the same place every week....Lot E10. In the very back of the lot close to the road away from the stadium.

I am not sure what car I will be bringing that day. So if you have to rule me out because of my lack of net worth I understand completely.

Joe is in the same place every week....Lot E10. In the very back of the lot close to the road away from the stadium.

I am not sure what car I will be bringing that day. So if you have to rule me out because of my lack of net worth I understand completely.

Just rent a Rolls like Walter Hagen.

tell him a Chrysler 300!! It's a great car! :)  and you have your Jet Cave/JN world headquarters and your state of the art Jets lamp that was given to you by a very kind person. Go ahead kid, let it all out!

Still wouldn't want to p*ss him off.

I met him once.  Guy's built like a brick sh*t house.

I'm not the one who should be frightened.  If I go I'll be be bringing personal security.

My cousin is a 6'5" 230 lb pro baseball player and ex-collegiate tight end and he doesn't like Ed either. 

SAR I

Can you borrow an upscale keyfob from a friend?  

SAR I

I am writing this from the parent waiting room at a prestigious Ivy League school as my eldest son interviews for enrollment. 

Methinks I'm not that bad. 

SAR I

Better hope he doesn't get in.  No chance you can afford an Ivy league school unless you take out a third mortgage on your 1 story shack in Emerson.

Can you borrow an upscale keyfob from a friend?  

SAR I

Probably not. My friends are all poor. I will see what I can do. Maybe I will get the Jeep Cherokee waxed that day.  I know it won't meet your standards, really just hoping for an exception here.

tell him a Chrysler 300!! It's a great car! :)  and you have your Jet Cave/JN world headquarters and your state of the art Jets lamp that was given to you by a very kind person. Go ahead kid, let it all out!

Got rid of the 300 years ago. Keep up with the times son lol.

I'm not the one who should be frightened.  If I go I'll be be bringing personal security.

My cousin is a 6'5" 230 lb pro baseball player and ex-collegiate tight end and he doesn't like Ed either. 

SAR I

Okay...enough of this.  This is just silly.

Ed is a great dude who would never cause a problem.

Okay...enough of this.  This is just silly.

Ed is a great dude who would never cause a problem.

Duane is head of JN security. If memory serves me right he's 6ft 5 and 320lbs lol and when somebody took an unauthorized bowel movement in the Kingsley that one time he got very angry

Archived