Jets Chant

Ghost

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shills_zpszacdnejx.jpg

How much did you pay Fireman Ed and FireIdzik and the Jets Podcast to jump on the failed BringBackEd bandwagon that's gotten you a whopping 173 uniques since April?  If you're paying more than $0.02 cents per click you're getting robbed.

SAR I

Not sure I understand what you are saying. 

shills_zpszacdnejx.jpg

How much did you pay Fireman Ed and FireIdzik and the Jets Podcast to jump on the failed BringBackEd bandwagon that's gotten you a whopping 173 uniques since April?  If you're paying more than $0.02 cents per click you're getting robbed.

SAR I

Now that Idzik is gone, perhaps these organizers can help get rid of the pickle pants once and for all.  We're wearing them on Sunday (yuck).

Not going to happen.

I'm tight with security and have the text number for reporting unruly and inappropriate behavior in my favorites, they'll be down there with a muzzle before the "E" gets out of his mouth.

SAR I

Topic aside, the only tightness you share with anyone, especially with "blue collar-types" like those in security, extends only as far as the purported thickness of your wallet, which isn't particularly impressive Mr. Kenmore/Rolex/5series. 

Ed came out for one set of chants before the game and then he seemed to motion as if he was introducing these 2 other guys where the one guy did the chant for the rest of the game.

Could it be that the torch has been passed?

The guy that wound up doing it for the balance of the game did okay but it seemed he had toothpicks for forearms.

Ed came out for one set of chants before the game and then he seemed to motion as if he was introducing these 2 other guys where the one guy did the chant for the rest of the game.

Could it be that the torch has been passed?

The guy that wound up doing it for the balance of the game did okay but it seemed he had toothpicks for forearms.

Brandon Marshall was apparently looking for Ed after that TD. He said that Ed should stay on to do the chant.

Hope you make it out of the stadium and get home safely why the hostility towards something positive for the Jets life is too short SAR I stress is a killer. 

I'm thrilled.

It wasn't Ed's coming-out party; it was his retirement send off.

Best of luck and goodbye.

SAR I

Good for Ed. Thanks to the guys who made it happen. Make me Idsick and crew. You guys deserve a thank you on this one. It was a very loud chant and I was pretty happy to hear it. And SAR the chosen one. Got entertain yourself in the back. 

Please.

Anyone who was at the game doing the chant would have gotten a similar response.  Dan Marino and Tom Brady doing the chant, we'd have been just as cooperative.  Opening Day, undefeated, optimistic, the post-Idzik/Ryan apocalypse, it was a lay up.

Next, it wasn't that loud.  It was a typical opening day ho-hum chant.  Half the people in my section were talking over it as if it wasn't happening.

Lastly, you could see Ed was frustrated after we scored and came out of a TV timeout because as he started to get the chant going the Jets PA people were blasting rock music over him just as they always do.

In the end, this was a publicity stunt by the Fire Idzik guys that was as effective as they petition with under 5,000 signatures.

SAR I

How much help would three people need to chant someone's name anyway?

Exactly.

The fact that Fireman Ed is getting credit in the press and with the players is disturbing.  The place wasn't one decibel louder because our mascot flapped his arms and made the 'you're disappointing me' face.  The place was loud because New York fans know how/when to cheer all by themselves.  We're Rangers fans and Islanders fans and Mets fans and Yankees fans, we don't need a retired blue collar worker running a spelling bee to get us into it.  Revis and Marshall feeding the Ed stereotype is more racist than the Goddell ruling.

Oh, and the best chant in New York-  "Let's Go Rangers"-  is completely spontaneous.

SAR I

i don't get the hate for white collar folks.

No hate from me at all. I have been both blue and white collared and love them all. I don't get Sar's implication that he and his white collared bud's are so above blue collar fans and their activities by dissing the chant, tailgate behavior, etc....all things he overly participated in before he had his epiphany about how true season ticket PSL holders should now behave..

"Revis and Marshall feeding the Ed stereotype is more racist than the Goddell ruling."

At least now I can leave this thread knowing that no matter what else is written from here on out, it can't get any dumber than this. Congrats. 

You should worry less about me and spend more time coming up with your next nonsensical strategy to make money off of the backs of Jets fans.  If I were you I'd jump ship to the other football team in New York, you've got a three year run of bi-plane's and billboards towards Reece, Coughlin, and Manning.  You might actually make $10 that way.

Speaking of which, what happened with your Klecko To The Hall Of Fame campaign?  Where's that headed?  What, not enough PR in it for you?  Abandoning Joe the way Ed abandoned the Jets?

SAR I

VYes0sO.jpg

Reality is this: any fan too aggrieved to chant along with everyone else has a big old bug up his butt.  

Can we be real for a moment please?  The Jets chant is different than other chants in two basic ways:

1.  It's become twisted into something we're obligated to do to show support for a human mascot who stabbed us in the back.

2.  It's done to celebrate after a score, it's not done to motivate the team or intimidate an opponent.

This stupid spelling bee happens after we score a touchdown.  It's no different than the Rangers "GO-OH-OH-OH-OH-AL" song, it's a quaint celebration.  It doesn't pump the players up.  It doesn't intimidate the other team.  It's a party tune.  It's unnecessary for the players.  It makes the fans feel good.

And unlike "Let's Go Rangers!" which breaks out spontaneously when the team is in a lull and needs a pick-me-up during the course of play, the Jets chant happens when the team is on the sidelines hi-fiving after punching the ball in.

The only person who thinks this chant is something important is Ed Anzalone and his enabler FireIdzik who are trying to make money from it.  It's a party tune for the fans.  It's not worth defending and it's not worth the aggravation.  When all the drunks left the stadium they took the booze party atmosphere with them.  Good riddance.  We don't want your stinkin' chant.  We want wins.  We can live without another helmet race.

SAR I

And Brandon Marshall… and Revis.. and Snacks… and every other person who is not a miserable life clown. 

What happens to Fireman Ed from here on in is between him and the fans.

Your 15 minutes are up and you made no money.  There's a clown here all right; it's not me chief.

SAR I

SAR comes off as such a miserable little worm.

I've always thought that Ed was a big of a narcissist that I could do without.  But, there's no denying that there's nobody who leads the chant better than he does (I don't quite get why, it's not that hard to do, but whatever.)  And, unlike Mr. Miserable would have you believe, the chant, and the noise, and the atmosphere, matter a lot to the players and to the game.

Miserable?  Nope. 

Today is Independence Day.  No more Fireman Ed, no more Fire Idzik.  It was a semi-enjoyable Summer distraction.  Now it's Fall, the season is upon us, and we have actual football to talk about, not the insignificant last remnants of the Rex Ryan Circus who seemingly don't know when to just go away.

SAR I

Archived