Head coaching performance

docdhc

Will be interesting to see how Vic Beasleys career pans out. Williams so far has been very ok.

I thought Williams played strong yesterday.  He was all around the ball and in the backfield a lot.  He's been a split second away from making a big play a few times now.

Beasley and Dupree both look legit. 

Help me out here  I could not see the game. Did the Jets contest Marshall's fumble - I just saw the vid for the first time and it appears his left elbow was down before he released the ball? Was that reviewed?

all turnovers are reviewed without the need for a coaches' challenge.  It was reviewed and upheld.

Will be interesting to see how Vic Beasleys career pans out. Williams so far has been very ok.

Williams is getting there but as many times as we rushed 3 or 4 guys you can't expect the constant pressure we should be applying. The entire team seemed sluggish and I Think a big part of that was that we missed the energy of Ivory. Our running game stunk . One play that really was puzzling to me was the Brandon Marshall tipped ball interception. If you look at that play in slow motion it looks like he pulled his hands back at the last minute very weird. Also the Jets seem to be taking a lot of shots deep the pass to Smith was obviously thrown to open things up underneath but he waited for the ball rather than fighting off the defender for it or adjusting better for it. I know most here like to call it 3 int's on Fitz but you can easily make a case only one of those picks was really his fault. 2 tipped balls one of which was right in Marshalls hands and the tipped ball at the LOS. We certainly Missed Decker and Ivory today

Yesterday was a lot about missed tackles, poor line play, turnovers. The only thing that bothered me a lot about coaching; the la di da take your time no rush 4th quarter offense down 3 scores. That was alarming. Your window to pull this game out in the 4th was really limited, but it was made much worse by not pressing the issue. HATE when  an OC worries more about his precious game plan and calling his plays than he does about moving quickly and pressing the issue. Bad enough we had a major execution issue with the QB, it was made mush worse by failing to hurry the f__ up. 

I thought Williams played strong yesterday.  He was all around the ball and in the backfield a lot.  He's been a split second away from making a big play a few times now.

Beasley and Dupree both look legit. 

When Mo had his break out year it was when Sheldon was added to the line in 2013.. When Sheldon is back after the Fin game it will help both Mo and Little Kitty..:)

I like Bowles' demeanor, and I think he's been good for the squad so far. However, to say yesterday's performance was impressive is baffling.

Not only did he screw me personally by announcing Chris would play and then not give him a single snap (I lost in two of my leagues by less than 5 points each because I put him in right before the deadline ](*,)) , on a more serious note, the following should all be attributed to him:

- We came out flatter than natalie portmans chest (although, I love nat)
- Our run D was (again) well below average, and way under performed given the players we have and the players they have
- Having Demario cover Matthews/Sproles multiple times out of the backfield in the first half made no sense. We paid for it once with the TD, and if it weren't for them dropping two perfect balls, it would have been 3 tds (although, credit to Bowles for finally realizing it and fixing it at halftime)
- Dat challenge doe....(3 farts in three games)

I like Bowles' demeanor, and I think he's been good for the squad so far. However, to say yesterday's performance was impressive is baffling.

Not only did he screw me personally by announcing Chris would play and then not give him a single snap (I lost in two of my leagues by less than 5 points each because I put him in right before the deadline ](*,)) , on a more serious note, the following should all be attributed to him:

- We came out flatter than natalie portmans chest (although, I love nat)
- Our run D was (again) well below average, and way under performed given the players we have and the players they have
- Having Demario cover Matthews/Sproles multiple times out of the backfield in the first half made no sense. We paid for it once with the TD, and if it weren't for them dropping two perfect balls, it would have been 3 tds (although, credit to Bowles for finally realizing it and fixing it at halftime)
- Dat challenge doe....(3 farts in three games)

giphy.gif

Let's just hope Bowles is more able/willing to learn from his mistakes than his predecessor.

Yes problem with Rex was never handling the good times with his backslapping, it was that he had no clue how to get things back on track after a derailment.

bowles was asked over the summer how much time he spent figuring out how he was going to run the sidelines as a first time HC.  His answer was as refreshingly honest as it was alarming.  He said he didn't spend any time thinking about it because experience is the best teacher.

so he is going to have to learn every lesson the hard way

yay

Yesterday was a lot about missed tackles, poor line play, turnovers. The only thing that bothered me a lot about coaching; the la di da take your time no rush 4th quarter offense down 3 scores. That was alarming. Your window to pull this game out in the 4th was really limited, but it was made much worse by not pressing the issue. HATE when  an OC worries more about his precious game plan and calling his plays than he does about moving quickly and pressing the issue. Bad enough we had a major execution issue with the QB, it was made mush worse by failing to hurry the f__ up. 

The Dlinemen were over pursuing and the Eagles  backs were using cut backs repeatedly , where all the Jets defenders could do was try arm tackles. .

Agree about the lack of urgency but to be honest not sure where the blame lies there, there were many plays where the Jets broke the huddle quickly only to have Fitz audible, check and I assume change plays. The OC can get the play in but if the QB doesn't hustle it makes no difference.

Archived