Fitz first half

BowlesMovement

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how people think that we just hate Geno Smith as a person, so we only like Fitz.  We hate him because he was the 38th ranked QB last year.  But hey, keep pushing this narrative.  Meanwhile, God help us for enjoying winning football games and not feeling the need to b*tch because we didn't score 40 points.  I prefer to see the bright side of things after a victory over a division team. 

We're not replacing Fitz while we're winning, but by all means, I can't wait to read all the threads complaining about our QB and calling for Geno to start for the next 2 weeks.  Makes this board oh so readable.

I missed the part where I said - or even suggested - Geno Smith is the cure for the sickness that is Ryan Fitzpatrick. I listed specific, monumental f*ckups Fitzpatrick made today, when they happened, and the response is some dopey, unintelligible response from the OP that this means I think Geno Smith is Aaron Rodgers. Until proven otherwise in meaningful games (not garbage time and not practices), Smith sucks. Fitzpatrick also sucks, but for different reasons. Smith has some obvious positive traits Fitzpatrick doesn't have, and Fitzpatrick has some that Geno doesn't have. Buy neither one has shown to be even a halfway decent QB.

mmmmmmmmmm, k

It's the case. You even showed the board that it's about Smith for you not about your made up nonsense about supporting who you feel is the best guy we have so therefore lay off him. You just don't realize that you've clearly shown this is in no way your mantra. You have made it all about Smith only in this instance. But when it isn't QB and the other option isn't therefore Geno Smith, you don't take this "support the only guy we have" position.

11-19, 1 TD, 172 yards, 0 int.

You fkng Geno lovers are out of control. He had 2 bad series, also had a TD dropped. You maniacs act like we have Aaron Rodgers on the bench. Its starting to get nauseating.

I don't even like Fitz, but you lunatics need to get some frigging perspective.

It's called throwing a Fitz.

You fkng Geno lovers are out of control. He had 2 bad series, also had a TD dropped. You maniacs act like we have Aaron Rodgers on the bench. Its starting to get nauseating.

Fits sucks and Geno is worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the case. You even showed the board that it's about Smith for you not about your made up nonsense about supporting who you feel is the best guy we have so therefore lay off him. You just don't realize that you've clearly shown this is in no way your mantra. You have made it all about Smith only in this instance. But when it isn't QB and the other option isn't therefore Geno Smith, you don't take this "support the only guy we have" position.

Yeah, not really. There seem to be a bunch of posters, you included who seem to want to knock everything Fitzpatrick does, and never call out anything good he does. Lay all the blame on him when they lose, and give everyone else the credit when they win. Hey, its all of your prerogative, its all good in da hood. Ting is do, when you do that, it looks like you have an agenda. I was in the game thread yesterday and when Fitz did some good things, not one positive post was made by you or your Fitz hating crew. Thats cool, but the reality is he made some plays on the first three drives, and threw a pass that hit marshall square in both hands that should have been a TD to give them a 3 score lead before he went suck for a few series. When you do this, it clearly looks like you have a Geno agenda, most of the crew have admitted it, you have not, you want to play both sides of the fence, and say hey, I dont like Geno either so there.

Fitz is not good, he is a journeyman hold the fort jag. Geno has a ton of physical ability, but has shown himself to be deficient in other key areas required to be a good NFL QB. I think you want Geno to start, its your right, your a fan, you just should admit it and stop playing both sides of the fence. I readily admit I don't like Geno, I don't like his sulking, I don't like his lack of accountability, I don't like his boneheaded mistakes, and I particularly don't like how it feels like his teammates don't respect him. 

Thing is, I have enough trust in Bowles professionalism at this point in time to give him the benefit of the doubt to make the right call, if he feels Geno should start, I will trust him on that for now, and root like hell for the Jets while Geno is playing, and I will hope to be wrong about Geno. You focus so much on wanting to be right, that you spew hatred for a guy you deem suck, and never call out anything good. Ironically, you accuse me of having the agenda. But like I said, its all good, you carry a much bigger stick in dese parts than I do, so you win.

stop looking at #s, he missed a million passes and the deep ball to Marshall was badly underthrown, it was a great adjustment by Marshall to save it and if it was a good pass it would have been a TD.

Fitz made some plays w/ his legs, that's the best thing I can say about him but when we face better teams his play of late will not cut it.  he killed us vs. Philly and kept Indy and Miami in games that should have been huge blowouts.

stop looking at #s, he missed a million passes and the deep ball to Marshall was badly underthrown, it was a great adjustment by Marshall to save it and if it was a good pass it would have been a TD.

Fitz made some plays w/ his legs, that's the best thing I can say about him but when we face better teams his play of late will not cut it.  he killed us vs. Philly and kept Indy and Miami in games that should have been huge blowouts.

He did some good things and some bad things in the game, the Jets won. Last week Marshall and specials were as much if not more of a reason the Jets lost to the Eagles as Fitzpatrick was, yet people want to absolve Marshall, and kill Fitzpatrick. It shows the agenda.

This place is awesome.

The thing I am wondering is if Bowles would use Geno in relief of a game where Fitzpatrick floundered.  That is something to consider and gives the opportunity of seeing Geno without changing "starting" QBs.  Trouble is that Geno would not have practiced with the ones and he doesn't seem to have the mentality to be prepared to come in like that.

He did some good things and some bad things in the game, the Jets won. Last week Marshall and specials were as much if not more of a reason the Jets lost to the Eagles as Fitzpatrick was, yet people want to absolve Marshall, and kill Fitzpatrick. It shows the agenda.

Marshall has been GREAT for us so I do give him more of a pass.  he hurt us last week but not as much as Fitz did. we had a chance to come back, Fitz prevented that.

Marshall has been GREAT for us so I do give him more of a pass.  he hurt us last week but not as much as Fitz did. we had a chance to come back, Fitz prevented that.

Marshall has been great, and is my favorite Jet right now. He hurt us every bit as much if not more than Fitz did, yet all the criticism was towards Fitzpatrick, very little if any towards Marshall.

Marshall has been great, and is my favorite Jet right now. He hurt us every bit as much if not more than Fitz did, yet all the criticism was towards Fitzpatrick, very little if any towards Marshall.

he did hurt us against Philly but again I can give him a pass b/c of how great he has been outside of those 2 plays. 

Yeah, not really. There seem to be a bunch of posters, you included who seem to want to knock everything Fitzpatrick does, and never call out anything good he does. Lay all the blame on him when they lose, and give everyone else the credit when they win. Hey, its all of your prerogative, its all good in da hood. Ting is do, when you do that, it looks like you have an agenda. I was in the game thread yesterday and when Fitz did some good things, not one positive post was made by you or your Fitz hating crew. Thats cool, but the reality is he made some plays on the first three drives, and threw a pass that hit marshall square in both hands that should have been a TD to give them a 3 score lead before he went suck for a few series. When you do this, it clearly looks like you have a Geno agenda, most of the crew have admitted it, you have not, you want to play both sides of the fence, and say hey, I dont like Geno either so there.

Fitz is not good, he is a journeyman hold the fort jag. Geno has a ton of physical ability, but has shown himself to be deficient in other key areas required to be a good NFL QB. I think you want Geno to start, its your right, your a fan, you just should admit it and stop playing both sides of the fence. I readily admit I don't like Geno, I don't like his sulking, I don't like his lack of accountability, I don't like his boneheaded mistakes, and I particularly don't like how it feels like his teammates don't respect him. 

Thing is, I have enough trust in Bowles professionalism at this point in time to give him the benefit of the doubt to make the right call, if he feels Geno should start, I will trust him on that for now, and root like hell for the Jets while Geno is playing, and I will hope to be wrong about Geno. You focus so much on wanting to be right, that you spew hatred for a guy you deem suck, and never call out anything good. Ironically, you accuse me of having the agenda. But like I said, its all good, you carry a much bigger stick in dese parts than I do, so you win.

Don't you know every good QB in the NFL throws just about every pass perfectly and score on every drive ? Aaron Rodgers only scored on 2 drives yesterday and he missed on some easy passes so you know what he is in Jets land ? He sucks,

What most Jets fans feel to realize is that we have faced 4 pretty stout defenses vs the pass the first 4 weeks and are still 3-1 ...

I thought I knew you

he did hurt us against Philly but again I can give him a pass b/c of how great he has been outside of those 2 plays. 

I have no problem giving him a pass either, he has been awesome, but I don't think its fair to ignore his part in the loss while solely blaming it on Fitzpatrick etiher.

Don't you know every good QB in the NFL throws just about every pass perfectly and score on every drive ? Aaron Rodgers only scored on 2 drives yesterday and he missed on some easy passes so you know what he is in Jets land ? He sucks,

What most Jets fans feel to realize is that we have faced 4 pretty stout defenses vs the pass the first 4 weeks and are still 3-1 ...

I thought I knew you

Bingo. I really think Jet fans don't understand how complex NFL offenses and defenses are. Its either that, or they are too lazy and just blame the QB for everything. Routes in the NFL need to be so precise, timing needs to be so precise. One fraction of a second delay in timing, or misreading the defense, can all lead to what looks like a bad pass, but could be 100% on the WR. Jet fans must not watch other games, you make a great point. Even good QB's have plenty of bad passes and missed opportunities throughout a game. The good ones make enough plays to overcome them. Fitz had some horrible play at times yesterday, he also had plenty of good. 

Bingo. I really think Jet fans don't understand how complex NFL offenses and defenses are. Its either that, or they are too lazy and just blame the QB for everything. Routes in the NFL need to be so precise, timing needs to be so precise. One fraction of a second delay in timing, or misreading the defense, can all lead to what looks like a bad pass, but could be 100% on the WR. Jet fans must not watch other games, you make a great point. Even good QB's have plenty of bad passes and missed opportunities throughout a game. The good ones make enough plays to overcome them. Fitz had some horrible play at times yesterday, he also had plenty of good. 

Yeah I was not particularly happy with the way Fitz threw the ball yesterday it was the worst he threw the ball in the first 4 games but he made some timely runs that kept drives alive and he continues to make sound decisions. Someone said they saw him flexing his hand and Im wondering if something was wrong. On the second deep ball down the right sideline he seemed to throw the ball straight up into the air as if it slipped as he was throwing. Something was off yesterday with him

What nonsense.

Bowles has also put his confidence into Chan Gailey. That "trust" and "benefit of the doubt" didn't stop you from recently starting a whole "I officially hate Gailey" thread while we were still in September. So I must therefore say you are full of it.

Anyone's shortcomings - player, coach, GM, owner - are fair game here. There's nothing wrong with it. I've made plenty of comments ("nice throw", etc.) during game threads. You choose to see only the negative, because you're sensitive to anything you view as Geno-lover (and any criticism of Fitzpatrick makes one a Geno-lover in your religion). You then entice and encourage more of those posts to come out by challenging it whenever you see it appear, thus causing more responses, and therefore are perpetuating what is ultimately a circular logic. Around and around the circle we go, which is to be expected unless you think your "You're just a Geno lover" retort will end all discussion and your last word should always be accepted and unchallenged.

You have repeatedly displayed that you think there should be a no-Fitzpatrick-criticism rule in effect for your own reasons I highlighted above. It has nothing to do with your phony "well he's all we've got so lay off" and "I trust Bowles" pretend-reasoning, since you don't abide by it yourself.

his poor throws are not on the WRs. 

What nonsense.

Bowles has also put his confidence into Chan Gailey. That "trust" and "benefit of the doubt" didn't stop you from recently starting a whole "I officially hate Gailey" thread while we were still in September. So I must therefore say you are full of it.

Anyone's shortcomings - player, coach, GM, owner - are fair game here. There's nothing wrong with it. I've made plenty of comments ("nice throw", etc.) during game threads. You choose to see only the negative, because you're sensitive to anything you view as Geno-lover (and any criticism of Fitzpatrick makes one a Geno-lover in your religion). You then entice and encourage more of those posts to come out by challenging it whenever you see it appear, thus causing more responses, and therefore are perpetuating what is ultimately a circular logic. Around and around the circle we go, which is to be expected unless you think your "You're just a Geno lover" retort will end all discussion and your last word should always be accepted and unchallenged.

You have repeatedly displayed that you think there should be a no-Fitzpatrick-criticism rule in effect for your own reasons I highlighted above. It has nothing to do with your phony "well he's all we've got so lay off" and "I trust Bowles" pretend-reasoning, since you don't abide by it yourself.

yeah, again, not really.

Unlike you, I constantly refine and adjust my position based on what I see.

I thought the first 3 games Gailey called bad games, and I called it like I saw it. I particularly thought the Eagles game plan sucked. I was luke warm on the Bowles hiring, did not like the fact that he chose Gailey as his OC from day one.

Yesterday Gailey called a far better game, and I give Bowles credit for that. I see it as him making the adjustments that need to be made, and so far, 1/4 of the way through the first season in his tenure, I am gaining confidence in him. Is that legal?

I could care less if Fitzpatrick gets criticized, I criticize him plenty, but I also don't make agenda driven statements about him. I love Marshall, but yet think he killed them last week, is that legal?

I think a Pro Geno agenda is wrong, sorry, but I do. I think he is not the long term answer for the Jets, and the sooner the franchise realizes that, the better off it will be. Wasting time with QB's who are not franchise capable is a killer, it kills coaches, it kills seasons. I think this team can get into the playoffs this year with either QB, because there is enough talent around the QB to overcome either of their bad deficiencies. But I call out a bad agenda when I see one, is that legal?

his poor throws are not on the WRs. 

I am sure many of them are not, but neither you nor I have any ability to know exactly what a WR should be doing on a given play, and I can't stand it when people claim they know.

I know a guy who is an NFL insider, and in 2012 he told me that the Sporano offense was probably the worst run offense he had ever seen in his years of being around the NFL. He said Sanchez literally did not know where his WR's would be 50% of the time. All everyone saw was Sanchez sucks, and he sucked plenty, but fans have no clue about what goes on in a given play, and lay all the blame on the QB.

I have Fitz concerns and would rather see Geno...But here's the thing most people are missing ...

I think Fitz is playing well...He's doing a nice job with the skill-set he possesses (ups and downs - but as many noted, this is the NFL)  The problem is, I would like to be a legitimate contender to win a Super Bowl...Going into the playoffs with the confidence that we can beat any team in the league.

Fitz's natural talent level simply doesn't translate to being that type of QB.

To date, Geno hasn't shown the intelligence to be that either...but he has the natural tools to be a threat at the QB position.  I would like to see him play with a real OC and real weapons - in his 3rd year and see what he can do.

Keep Fitz and you'll battle for a wildcard...likely even get one - but then what? Been there, done that!

I know many are content with the Wildcard and out scenario - and say look to the future (and they have every right to be that way) I just feel differently...

And I think many of us that complain about Fitz is for that reason.  We want a championship, not a wildcard birth.

I am sure many of them are not, but neither you nor I have any ability to know exactly what a WR should be doing on a given play, and I can't stand it when people claim they know.

I know a guy who is an NFL insider, and in 2012 he told me that the Sporano offense was probably the worst run offense he had ever seen in his years of being around the NFL. He said Sanchez literally did not know where his WR's would be 50% of the time. All everyone saw was Sanchez sucks, and he sucked plenty, but fans have no clue about what goes on in a given play, and lay all the blame on the QB.

I don't claim to know but you can see where a ball should be placed on many of these downfield throws. 

I was Mark's biggest supporter, I know how good he was and what we did to him and how he had no chance in that 2012 season but fans need a scapegoat.

I have Fitz concerns and would rather see Geno...But here's the thing most people are missing ...

I think Fitz is playing well...He's doing a nice job with the skill-set he possesses (ups and downs - but as many noted, this is the NFL)  The problem is, I would like to be a legitimate contender to win a Super Bowl...Going into the playoffs with the confidence that we can beat any team in the league.

Fitz's natural talent level simply doesn't translate to being that type of QB.

To date, Geno hasn't shown the intelligence to be that either...but he has the natural tools to be a threat at the QB position.  I would like to see him play with a real OC and real weapons - in his 3rd year and see what he can do.

Keep Fitz and you'll battle for a wildcard...likely even get one - but then what? Been there, done that!

I know many are content with the Wildcard and out scenario - and say look to the future (and they have every right to be that way) I just feel differently...

And I think many of us that complain about Fitz is for that reason.  We want a championship, not a wildcard birth.

The problem is that Geno is (at best) nothing more than an unknown, not a QB that is going to win a championship. 

If this offensive line continues to get better and they can pound the rock, and have the defense continue to keep teams to 14 points or less then Fitz could be the guy to take this team to the championship.  Miami was 0 for everything on 3rd and 4th down yesterday, that is how good this defense can be.

The problem is that Geno is (at best) nothing more than an unknown, not a QB that is going to win a championship. 

If this offensive line continues to get better and they can pound the rock, and have the defense continue to keep teams to 14 points or less then Fitz could be the guy to take this team to the championship.  Miami was 0 for everything on 3rd and 4th down yesterday, that is how good this defense can be.

I think Geno is an unknown...where as Fitz is a known quantity to me.    That's likely where we disagree --- no matter how good the D is (and I don't dispute the potential of this defense) you're going to, at some point, need a QB that can make big plays..take control of a game.

We have different opinions on Fitz's potential, but I just want people to understand that point many of us are making.   I don't think Fitz has been bad and don't think he "stinks" just don't think we can win a championship with him (and I do believe we have championship level talent everywhere else)

So bring in Geno and see if he's taken that next step.

Fitz has never helped a team win more than 6 games in a season, to say Geno is more of an unknown and that Fitz could help us win a championships isn't being fair.

I think Geno is an unknown...where as Fitz is a known quantity to me.    That's likely where we disagree --- no matter how good the D is (and I don't dispute the potential of this defense) you're going to, at some point, need a QB that can make big plays..take control of a game.

We have different opinions on Fitz's potential, but I just want people to understand that point many of us are making.   I don't think Fitz has been bad and don't think he "stinks" just don't think we can win a championship with him (and I do believe we have championship level talent everywhere else)

So bring in Geno and see if he's taken that next step.

3-1 is not the time to experiment and see if Geno has improved.  He's not an unknown product.  He's a known terrible product that, if put under center, we are simply going to have blind hope that maybe he improved.

Archived