Fitz first half

BowlesMovement

Unproductive thread tbh.

Fitz is far from perfect, but he's the starter and we're 3-1.  

Geno is what Geno is, and he's the backup for now.

Bwyond that, any "debate" is honestly a waste of time.

Same as it will be when/if Geno is returned to starter when/if Fitz falters.

There is no franchise QB on this team, and the 2016 starting QB is very likely not on our roster right now.

Fighting over which also-ran is the less horrible also-ran is pointless.

That logic didnt work when Sanchez went 11-5 his 2nd year. 

Just sayin!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough. I did see Fitz out there with those last 4th quarter INT's to hold on to a lead that should have been MUCH LARGER. 

You right. 

I don't like Fitz. He is a journeyman jag for a reason. I wanted Glennon, we did not get him. My post was not about saying I like him, or I think he is good, he is not. My post is about the absurdity that most Jets fans are showing in clamoring for Geno fn Smith, as if he were Aaron Rodgers being held back. Fitz is what he is, very limited, its not rocket science. Geno is what he is, garbage. If the Jets lose 2 in a row because of FItz, fine, put in Geno, but having a few bad series is not a reason to put in Geno.

I don't like Fitz. He is a journeyman jag for a reason. I wanted Glennon, we did not get him. My post was not about saying I like him, or I think he is good, he is not. My post is about the absurdity that most Jets fans are showing in clamoring for Geno fn Smith, as if he were Aaron Rodgers being held back. Fitz is what he is, very limited, its not rocket science. Geno is what he is, garbage. If the Jets lose 2 in a row because of FItz, fine, put in Geno, but having a few bad series is not a reason to put in Geno.

I dont like Fitz or Geno, and I was the biggest Glennon supporter here before it was "cool". 

Geno Smith is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick. Im saying it. 

I dont like Fitz or Geno, and I was the biggest Glennon supporter before it was "cool". 

I wanted Glennon out of the draft, not sure if it was cool then, but I did.

I don't think Geno is better than anyone, but you are entitled to your opinion.

I wanted Glennon out of the draft, not sure if it was cool then, but I did.

I don't think Geno is better than anyone, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Then you deserve props on Glennon if you were that early to the party. 

And you not thinking Geno is better than anyone is surely an opinion that you're entitled to without me letting you know that you're entitled to it. 

Then you deserve props on Glennon if you were that early to the party. 

And you not thinking Geno is better than anyone is surely an opinion that you're entitled to without me letting you know that you're entitled to it. 

To be fair, I think Glennon has turned out to be better than I even thought he would be. 

As for Geno, you lost me a bit with all the entitled stuff, but, word. 

All I know is, with over 400 yards of offense, the score should of been much higher, Fitz was pretty bad today, 50/50 on his deep passes, which takes forever to get there. He was inaccurate in many spots of the game, at least he has ran some to keep plays alive. Still feels phantom pressure at times and takes one read and or rushes the pass, when he had plenty of time and other reads. Compare Fitz's first game against the Dolphins and Geno's last, I'd take Geno in this game. But a win is a win and yay we are 3-1! We can do much better then what we are getting.... Fitz is playing just as good as he did in camp, and Geno was playing much better, we all read the camp reports, so there's no use in denying it. 

I dont like Fitz or Geno, and I was the biggest Glennon supporter here before it was "cool". 

he definitely has a higher ceiling but he has been too prone to the big mistake.   Hopefully the time on the bench is helpful in his development and he's ready when his number gets called.   Fitz hasn't taken too many big hit but with that weak ass chin strap he wears I just don't see him starting all 16 games.  

Fitzpatrick cost the team plenty today. Luckily the rest of the team was good enough to overcome it against an awful opponent.

Once again what should have been a blowout was a game we put into the officials' hands because of a lack of taking care of business when easy opportunities were there. And that has nothing to do with his arm or accuracy, both of which are suspect as well. He's probably every bit of the smart guy he's said to be, but he's a dumb QB. A dumb QB with suspect skills.

That doesn't mean everything he did was bad. But he had a bad game on balance from start to finish.

Fitzpatrick cost the team plenty today. Luckily the rest of the team was good enough to overcome it against an awful opponent.

Once again what should have been a blowout was a game we put into the officials' hands because of a lack of taking care of business when easy opportunities were there. And that has nothing to do with his arm or accuracy, both of which are suspect as well. He's probably every bit of the smart guy he's said to be, but he's a dumb QB. A dumb QB with suspect skills.

That doesn't mean everything he did was bad. But he had a bad game on balance from start to finish.

It's amazing how the rest of the team steps it up when they have a QB in there who they trust not to single-handedly blow the game for them.

Been a while since we've had that.

It's amazing how the rest of the team steps it up when they have a QB in there who they trust not to single-handedly blow the game for them.

Been a while since we've had that.

Meh. They're just that good outside the QB position.

Those receivers know how wide open they are at times but that Fitzpatrick didn't even look at them, instead forcing pass after pass into his primary read even when he was blanketed. The fact is his primary target is open far more than primary reads have been open in many years. Part of that is better play design but a lot of it is just that the receivers as a unit are just far better.

Once the ball is snapped, Fitzpatrick is more liability than asset. I'm seeing why Houston let him go even though they had him signed up on the cheap without having a known quantity at QB. As a backup QB to fill in for a half-game to a few games, he's one of the best in the league and I'm happy he's on the roster. As a starter, he blows.

His best asset - and it shouldn't be minimized - is that he's not a freaking child like the dope he replaced. But that will go only so far. 

Your agenda is for people with dissenting opinion from yours to be relegating to silence. Which is why you resort to attempted ridicule, false gross exaggerations, sarcasm, and inaccurate restatements of peoples' positions. 

I made a handful of posts - while others were also talking about it, no less - about a bad QB playing badly. And once again we're watching an opponent back in a game in the 4th quarter that should have been out of reach well before halftime. I've never mentioned Geno Smith. I don't even like Geno Smith. But by starting this thread you are showing you cannot handle anyone criticizing Fitzpatrick, as though this would mean it will influence our HC to play the QB you personally hate above all others.

you're not allowed to state the obvious when Ftiz isn't playing well, or adequately wig out getting called a Geno lover and even have Geno being brought into the conversation.  

you're not allowed to state the obvious when Ftiz isn't playing well, or adequately wig out getting called a Geno lover and even have Geno being brought into the conversation.  

It's absurd. The OPs whole fabricated idea of being overly protective of member of the Jets because of a perception that we have no one else, is total nonsense. It's all about personal hatred of Smith, not about team-first so let's root for the guys out there. As though he would never criticize a member of the Jets if he felt there was no next-guy-up already here. Of course he would. We all do.

What a day,

Awaken to a hearty breakfast.

Watch an actual professional quarterback lead my team to victory without the typical embarrassing turnovers and other buffoonery that we've become so accustomed to over the past few years.

Done by 1:00.  Take the dog to the beach and let him frolic in the ocean.

Come home and not be inundated with highlights of behind the back buttfumbles or anything like that.

Flip on the 4:00 games, relax, and get ready for a nice spaghetti and meatball dinner.

So refreshing. 

Instead of analyzing numbers, pay attention to the way he plays. He isn't very good. Has played against 3 poor defenses three weeks in a row and struggled...bad mechanics, inaccurate and poor decision making.

Yet, so much better than the garbage we've had to endure in previous seasons.

It's all about personal hatred of Smith, not about team-first so let's root for the guys out there.

I love how people think that we just hate Geno Smith as a person, so we only like Fitz.  We hate him because he was the 38th ranked QB last year.  But hey, keep pushing this narrative.  Meanwhile, God help us for enjoying winning football games and not feeling the need to b*tch because we didn't score 40 points.  I prefer to see the bright side of things after a victory over a division team. 

We're not replacing Fitz while we're winning, but by all means, I can't wait to read all the threads complaining about our QB and calling for Geno to start for the next 2 weeks.  Makes this board oh so readable.

It's absurd. The OPs whole fabricated idea of being overly protective of member of the Jets because of a perception that we have no one else, is total nonsense. It's all about personal hatred of Smith, not about team-first so let's root for the guys out there. As though he would never criticize a member of the Jets if he felt there was no next-guy-up already here. Of course he would. We all do.

mmmmmmmmmm, k

I love how people think that we just hate Geno Smith as a person, so we only like Fitz.  We hate him because he was the 38th ranked QB last year.  But hey, keep pushing this narrative.  Meanwhile, God help us for enjoying winning football games and not feeling the need to b*tch because we didn't score 40 points.  I prefer to see the bright side of things after a victory over a division team. 

We're not replacing Fitz while we're winning, but by all means, I can't wait to read all the threads complaining about our QB and calling for Geno to start for the next 2 weeks.  Makes this board oh so readable.

Actually I don't like what I have seen of geno as a person.  That does not mean there is not a lot more to him.  But I have not liked almost all of his answers that he has given to the papers and the press so far.  As a player, he scares me.  When Fitz starts scaring me as much, or even more, than Geno, I will cry out for Geno to start.

Keeping Geno on the bench has two benefits

(1) Bowles would be crucified if he put Geno in now and the Jets start losing.Too risky. Only Chip Kelly makes moves like that. 

(2) Sitting Geno gives him a a big slice of humble pie. Just what he needed after two years of being the presumed starter.

In my dream world, Fitz is the reason we lose to the Pats the first time, and Geno is the reason why we win the 2nd time.

Fitz is what he is.  A veteran journeyman QB; he is surrounded by perhaps the best talent of his career and the end result is he is 3-1.  As a Jet fan you can be happy with the outcome and still have concerns about his play.  If Geno ever gets a chance to play it will be interesting to see what he could do with such a talented roster, especially a deep threat like Devin Smith.   Right now Smith is almost nullified by Fitzpatricks inability to get the ball down the field with any decent velocity.  

I personally root for the team to win, regardless of who is playing QB; all this "Geno Fan boy" bullsh*t gets real old.  Can't we just enjoy a Jets win without all this divisive nonsense? 

Fitz is what he is.  A veteran journeyman QB; he is surrounded by perhaps the best talent of his career and the end result is he is 3-1.  As a Jet fan you can be happy with the outcome and still have concerns about his play.  If Geno ever gets a chance to play it will be interesting to see what he could do with such a talented roster, especially a deep threat like Devin Smith.   Right now Smith is almost nullified by Fitzpatricks inability to get the ball down the field with any decent velocity.  

I personally root for the team to win, regardless of who is playing QB; all this "Geno Fan boy" bullsh*t gets real old.  Can't we just enjoy a Jets win without all this divisive nonsense? 

I think this is a fantastic post! I agree with you, while I don't really like Geno, if he gets in for whatever reason I will root very hard for him, we are Jets fans first and foremost!

Keeping Geno on the bench has two benefits

(1) Bowles would be crucified if he put Geno in now and the Jets start losing.Too risky. Only Chip Kelly makes moves like that. 

(2) Sitting Geno gives him a a big slice of humble pie. Just what he needed after two years of being the presumed starter.

In my dream world, Fitz is the reason we lose to the Pats the first time, and Geno is the reason why we win the 2nd time.

Um, if I am dreaming, first, it would be about hot chicks, not sweaty dudes, second, it would be about the Jets BEATING the Pats both times, not losing to them.

Archived