PSL default and stub hub

Section 333

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAR is right about the PSLs. A PSL is effectively a tax on loyalty to the team but the prior system was no better to those who were shut out by elitism from those who profited from their father's or grandfather's fandom. Unless you happened to be one of those who were privileged under the old system.

There are some legitimate issues with the way the PSLs were sold and are operated but perpetuating the old system was no more fair to all fans.

I don't want this topic to turn into a PSL verse nine PSL pissing match. ( this means u SAR)

but I thought I'd start this topic for people who want to know. I know there's been lots of topics about PSL's and lots of discussions but I didn't actually see one about the default process. 

I have four PSL's in the mezzanine. When I bring friends to games they pay me face. Anybody with Internet can clearly see that the seats can be had for $80 when I pay 125. 

If That isn't bad enough now I have my PSL invoice sitting on my dresser in the amount of $3200. Not so much the amount that bugs me. It's the fact that once I pay off $16,000 for my for PSL's the market value of those said PSL's are only about $1000 each. 

I enjoy sitting in the same section for every game. But not for $8000 a year. 

I decided to explore the default process so I called Jets yesterday. They will refund any remaining tickets after November 1 because that's what I will go to default. So five games left I will get back 2500 and I'm out of the PSL. Obviously they do keep my deposit any money I've paid towards the PSL. To me that's worth it not to have to pay another $3200. 

I will continue to go to six or seven games year. Maybe I'll be priced out in the New England game and maybe I'll be priced out of opening day ( although wouldn't have happened for the Browns game this year) besides a premium game like the Saints or like Denver or the patriots every other game can be had well below face. 

I did ask while I had her on the phone about availability and 300s. I refuse to sit as high up as I used to to me it's not even worth going anymore. The lady told me anything lower than row 15 is all sold out in the 300s. 

It's amazing that the Jets made sh*t seats worth something because people don't want to pay the PSL. Woody is  smarter than I thought.

Surprised to hear you can get your money refunded to you for the rest of the season.  I'd make sure to get that in writing from the Jets.  I don't trust a lot of things from their ticket office.

As far as upper level seats go I can tell you for a fact you can get seats below row 15. 

People off here who have bought Stubhub seats do me a favor.  Let me know the name on your ticket.  I bet for most of you it says "Dynasty" "Dynasty Sports and Entertainment" "S4K" or "PrimeTix" 

I flip a lot of tickets sometimes I buy off SH when they are priced too low and hold them and re-flip.  90% of my purchases have had one of those ticket broker names on the name of the owner of the tickets.

SAR is right about the PSLs. A PSL is effectively a tax on loyalty to the team but the prior system was no better to those who were shut out by elitism from those who profited from their father's or grandfather's fandom. Unless you happened to be one of those who were privileged under the old system.

There are some legitimate issues with the way the PSLs were sold and are operated but perpetuating the old system was no more fair to all fans.

Very well said.  To actual license owners, a PSL is $7 they spent 8 years ago. 

SAR I

Very well said.  To actual license owners, a PSL is $7 they spent 8 years ago. 

SAR I

U turned it into what i didn't want this thread to become. 

just wanted to share my experience with the group. Not debate if a PSL was good or not. The fact is while I my not have a shiny used 2005 3 series in my driveway like you. Or a cabin near the hamptons., I can afford the payment. 

I have decided that Im tired of looking at the price of my seats and seeing the value always lower than what I paid. 

To be honest the 200 level seats are too far away. They all suck. Im in row 2 in the Mezz and i feel like im miles away from the field. Just not worth 16K. 

But this was just to tell all what they told me. U love your PSL. We get it!!!!!!!!! If I liked my seat a bit more, or if it were worth the price of them (125) I may feel differently. 

I know its not an investment. I get its entertainment. But TBH even if there was no PSL im not sure the seats I have or what u have are worth 5k per year for the set of 4.

Id rather go to 5 games instead of 8, not pay for the preseason and possibly sit in the first 3 rows of the 300's( which i have sat in)  And are IMO better than the mezzanine corner where u sit or the mezzo end zone where i sit.

stroct_zpse9fcedht.jpg

Sorry to spoil your PSL-bashing fun with some hard truth, but someone has to.

There are 82,500 seats in MetLife Stadium.  27,500 are upper deck seats.  That leaves 55,000 PSL seats.  The average PSL holder has 3 seats.  That's 18,333 Jets fans loyal enough to commit to 30 years of season tickets with licenses.

Season Ticket Rights is the most comprehensive and popular PSL resale site.

At present, there are a measly 537 fans with their seats listed.  That's 2.9% of all PSL owners.  In a typical year in Giants Stadium, the churn was similar.  People move out of town.  People retire.  People hit hard financial times.  People die.  OMG.  The PSL's surely "tanked" here in New York.  537 out of 55,000 PSL holders have their seats listed for sale.  Catastrophe.

SAR I

Easy professor...

I am referring to the resale market value not the number of tickets listed for sale.

If the resale prices of the 537 on STR are any indication of where the market is, wouldn't it be safe to assume the resale value of the remaining 54,000+ seats would be in the same ballpark?  Tell me where I am off.

U turned it into what i didn't want this thread to become. 

just wanted to share my experience with the group. Not debate if a PSL was good or not. The fact is while I my not have a shiny used 2005 3 series in my driveway like you. Or a cabin near the hamptons., I can afford the payment. 

I have decided that Im tired of looking at the price of my seats and seeing the value always lower than what I paid. 

To be honest the 200 level seats are too far away. They all suck. Im in row 2 in the Mezz and i feel like im miles away from the field. Just not worth 16K. 

But this was just to tell all what they told me. U love your PSL. We get it!!!!!!!!! If I liked my seat a bit more, or if it were worth the price of them (125) I may feel differently. 

I know its not an investment. I get its entertainment. But TBH even if there was no PSL im not sure the seats I have or what u have are worth 5k per year for the set of 4.

Id rather go to 5 games instead of 8, not pay for the preseason and possibly sit in the first 3 rows of the 300's( which i have sat in)  And are IMO better than the mezzanine corner where u sit or the mezzo end zone where i sit.

Firstly, you got your answer by Post 5 and I didn't turn the thread into anything, merely responded to some falsehoods being spread by the usual PSL haters.  Apologies if you felt otherwise.

That said, I feel you on the gameday ticket price, it's tough when you attend a 2013 Geno vs. Tampa game and spend $125 for a ticket that others can get for $25 on StubHub.  It's not fun, definitely not fun.  For most PSL owners, we paid the money because it was the only way to be a season ticket holder with a decent view.  It wasn't an investment and it wasn't what we wanted to do.  On the plus side, when the Jets arise again (lord willing its this season) the inequity of aftermarket pricing subsides and prices even out for the most part.  The other plus is that the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008.  I'll have to look to confirm, but I believe my GS seats went from $80 to $125 in the eight year span prior to 2008, so a price freeze of $125 does a lot to offset the $13 per ticket PSL fee I'm in for for 30 years.

SAR I

Easy professor...

I am referring to the resale market value not the number of tickets listed for sale.

If the resale prices of the 537 on STR are any indication of where the market is, wouldn't it be safe to assume the resale value of the remaining 54,000+ seats would be in the same ballpark?  Tell me where I am off.

The resale market value for a handful of desperate sellers doesn't reflect the overall value.  If a solo local hardware store is selling John Deere mowers at 50% off because he's going out of business it doesn't devalue the John Deere mowers being sold at full price at Home Depot.  That said, we are a 4-12 rebuilding team with a questionable quarterback in a competitive sports market so I am certain that our PSL values have not risen, they are down. 

Where you are "off" is in the assumption that there is now, or has ever been, a "PSL crisis" for the New York Jets or their fans.  There are only 18,000 PSL owners.  That's an incredibly small number of people if you think about it.  There are 3-5 Million Jets fans, there are 20 Million people in the NY/NJ Metropolitan area alone, 18,000 is a very small subset. All it takes are a handful of dedicated Jets fans to want to attend games.  Fact is, PSL's sold very well and that was during the Mangini era.  Think about that.  Boisterous Ryan showed up, that topped off the selling effort.  Most of us paid our bills before Rex Ryan even took the field.  It's money spent a very long time ago. We didn't quit on the team after the Favre 8-3 disaster, we're not quitting now.

500 out of 18,000 people selling their PSL's is not significant on many grounds, main one being that those of us who bought them spent the money in 2008 and don't even think about it today.  In my experience, PSL conversation in 2015 is generated by fans who quit on the Jets and used the PSL's as an excuse to stay home with their HDTV's.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  Nothing.  That's cool.  But PSL fans don't call them out like that, they have no right to call us out like that.  We aren't 'fools' who mis-spent our money.  We just decided that $7 per game or $13 per game to get the seats we wanted wasn't a big deal.  We're good fans.  Some may say the very best fans.  Out of millions, we handful of PSL owners put up some cash, took one for the team.

SAR I

Firstly, you got your answer by Post 5 and I didn't turn the thread into anything, merely responded to some falsehoods being spread by the usual PSL haters.  Apologies if you felt otherwise.

That said, I feel you on the gameday ticket price, it's tough when you attend a 2013 Geno vs. Tampa game and spend $125 for a ticket that others can get for $25 on StubHub.  It's not fun, definitely not fun.  For most PSL owners, we paid the money because it was the only way to be a season ticket holder with a decent view.  It wasn't an investment and it wasn't what we wanted to do.  On the plus side, when the Jets arise again (lord willing its this season) the inequity of aftermarket pricing subsides and prices even out for the most part.  The other plus is that the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008.  I'll have to look to confirm, but I believe my GS seats went from $80 to $125 in the eight year span prior to 2008, so a price freeze of $125 does a lot to offset the $13 per ticket PSL fee I'm in for for 30 years.

SAR I

But the price freeze just proved that they were set too high. As a STH there are really no perks. They unload tix for pennies on the dollar to companies like dynasty sports. While charging you and I 125 they unload those for 50 and then Dynasty sells for 80. So we pay the PSL and an inflated price.

You think its a way for you to guarantee a seat and you always say you were on a list. Times have changed. Fantasy football and the TV experience has improved while being there hasn't. Now I love being there. Ive had season Tix for 4 years and prior have attended a minimum of 5 games/year. But the appeal of going just isn't there for the masses.

If the game is a full house it doesn't mean the demand is up. it just mens that people bought seats next to u and me for 25-80 bucks. Without paying for 2 pre-season games and without a PSL.

I have no ill feelings towards you and im glad you are happy with your PSL and seats. I think you are a good poster and a good fan. But the rich mans game talk has to go. Im by no means rich. But I can swing the 3200 yearly pmt for PSL and can swing the 5k for seats. So its not just for the rich. I don't feel like demand will spike even if were good. Worst case I buy seats on SH for face, without PSL or preseason. I really like the same seat section thing. But aside from that I see no perks to being a PSL holder. I will agree though without it the seats are rough. If u can get in the upper prime its a good seat. But even they oversell for 115 face. Anything higher than row 15 in the 300;s just stay home. The players look like ants.

The resale market value for a handful of desperate sellers doesn't reflect the overall value.  If a solo local hardware store is selling John Deere mowers at 50% off because he's going out of business it doesn't devalue the John Deere mowers being sold at full price at Home Depot.  That said, we are a 4-12 rebuilding team with a questionable quarterback in a competitive sports market so I am certain that our PSL values have not risen, they are down. 

Where you are "off" is in the assumption that there is now, or has ever been, a "PSL crisis" for the New York Jets or their fans.  There are only 18,000 PSL owners.  That's an incredibly small number of people if you think about it.  There are 3-5 Million Jets fans, there are 20 Million people in the NY/NJ Metropolitan area alone, 18,000 is a very small subset. All it takes are a handful of dedicated Jets fans to want to attend games.  Fact is, PSL's sold very well and that was during the Mangini era.  Think about that.  Boisterous Ryan showed up, that topped off the selling effort.  Most of us paid our bills before Rex Ryan even took the field.  It's money spent a very long time ago. We didn't quit on the team after the Favre 8-3 disaster, we're not quitting now.

500 out of 18,000 people selling their PSL's is not significant on many grounds, main one being that those of us who bought them spent the money in 2008 and don't even think about it today.  In my experience, PSL conversation in 2015 is generated by fans who quit on the Jets and used the PSL's as an excuse to stay home with their HDTV's.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  Nothing.  That's cool.  But PSL fans don't call them out like that, they have no right to call us out like that.  We aren't 'fools' who mis-spent our money.  We just decided that $7 per game or $13 per game to get the seats we wanted wasn't a big deal.  We're good fans.  Some may say the very best fans.  Out of millions, we handful of PSL owners put up some cash, took one for the team.

SAR I

Thats crazy talk. We didn't take sh*t for the team. We made the rich richer and donated to the Johnson family. What makes me a great fan is that Ive been one since i was 7 years old. Through down year after down year i stick with them. I go, I buy gear, I watch on TV. The silly PSL we bought does nothing to prove our fandom.

Thats crazy talk. We didn't take sh*t for the team. We made the rich richer and donated to the Johnson family. What makes me a great fan is that Ive been one since i was 7 years old. Through down year after down year i stick with them. I go, I buy gear, I watch on TV. The silly PSL we bought does nothing to prove our fandom.

/thread

Good post, whether you like me or not. :P

But the price freeze just proved that they were set too high. As a STH there are really no perks. They unload tix for pennies on the dollar to companies like dynasty sports. While charging you and I 125 they unload those for 50 and then Dynasty sells for 80. So we pay the PSL and an inflated price.

You think its a way for you to guarantee a seat and you always say you were on a list. Times have changed. Fantasy football and the TV experience has improved while being there hasn't. Now I love being there. Ive had season Tix for 4 years and prior have attended a minimum of 5 games/year. But the appeal of going just isn't there for the masses.

If the game is a full house it doesn't mean the demand is up. it just mens that people bought seats next to u and me for 25-80 bucks. Without paying for 2 pre-season games and without a PSL.

I have no ill feelings towards you and im glad you are happy with your PSL and seats. I think you are a good poster and a good fan. But the rich mans game talk has to go. Im by no means rich. But I can swing the 3200 yearly pmt for PSL and can swing the 5k for seats. So its not just for the rich. I don't feel like demand will spike even if were good. Worst case I buy seats on SH for face, without PSL or preseason. I really like the same seat section thing. But aside from that I see no perks to being a PSL holder. I will agree though without it the seats are rough. If u can get in the upper prime its a good seat. But even they oversell for 115 face. Anything higher than row 15 in the 300;s just stay home. The players look like ants.

Good post, I agree with almost all of it.

I can only speak for my mezzanine section at MetLife but I see the same fans in the same seats each game.  Broadly speaking, there are about 11,000 seats for sale on StubHub each Monday, the number dwindles down to 4,000 by Sunday, roughly 7,000 seats therefore either get sold on the aftermarket or are pulled back and used by their owners.  Call it 5,000 seats per game switch hands.  And if StubHub is too narrow a view, double it if you wish.  Out of our average home attendance of 77,000 that's only 6%, maybe 10%.  I know it feels like there are millions of tickets for sale and I know it feels like there are people all around you who got a bargain, but that's really not true if you look at the numbers.

PSL's were the only way to get good views and guaranteed seats to all games.  It's still the case except for the handful who can score decent seats to a game here and there by playing StubHub correctly.  For me, I didn't want that stress.  I can understand why you or anyone else could feel otherwise.

SAR I

If the average typical PSL was equal to $10 per seat then the fact that the Jets have not raised ticket prices in 8 years plus the fact it doesn't look like they're raising them any time soon eliminates the financial angst for almost everyone.  Add into it inflation over the 24 years remaining on the licenses, it's even smaller than that.

The PSL does prove significant fandom, definitely does, it's silly to think otherwise.  If the average fan with 3 seats put up $2,500 on a PSL plus signed on to a $125 season ticket for 30 years, that's a $120,000 commitment.  I'm not talking about me.....that's the average PSL holder with an average set of seats.

There are people who watch on TV, there are people who attend a few games a year, there are fans who commit to a few seasons, and then there are fans who commit to 30 seasons.  They are not equal.  No way.  And it's not all about money.  That's actually a small component. It's about time.  Each game I attend, that's a 7 hour commitment.  That's practically a full work day I'm away from my wife and kids.  Buying gear and watching on TV, sorry, no where near the same level of dedication and commitment.

SAR I

If the average typical PSL was equal to $10 per seat then the fact that the Jets have not raised ticket prices in 8 years plus the fact it doesn't look like they're raising them any time soon eliminates the financial angst for almost everyone.  Add into it inflation over the 24 years remaining on the licenses, it's even smaller than that.

The PSL does prove significant fandom, definitely does, it's silly to think otherwise.  If the average fan with 3 seats put up $2,500 on a PSL plus signed on to a $125 season ticket for 30 years, that's a $120,000 commitment.  I'm not talking about me.....that's the average PSL holder with an average set of seats.

There are people who watch on TV, there are people who attend a few games a year, there are fans who commit to a few seasons, and then there are fans who commit to 30 seasons.  They are not equal.  No way.  And it's not all about money.  That's actually a small component. It's about time.  Each game I attend, that's a 7 hour commitment.  That's practically a full work day I'm away from my wife and kids.  Buying gear and watching on TV, sorry, no where near the same level of dedication and commitment.

SAR I

I get the commitment. But if I do default on my PSL I will still be there for 5 6 or seven games a year for the next 20 to 30 years. Been doing it for the last 20 or 30 so I see no reason for that to change. I'm in the lot at 8 o'clock every sunday I don't get home until 6 o'clock at night. So believe me I get what you're saying. But the PSL does nothing to change the level of commitment I've had or will continue to have.

SAR I

What's telling IMO is no one is buying those PSLs posted by the "desperate sellers" for 50 cents or less on the dollar on STR.

If they didn't reflect the overall current value of PSLs they would have been snapped up in a New York minute.  But they haven't.

My assumption of a "PSL crisis" is a little strong.  I was just curious if there is a franchise where the PSLs have dropped more than the Jets.

I think it sucks that the PSLs haven't been a good investment like Roger Goodell said they would be.

If they were then 333 could get out of his on the secondary market, break even or maybe even make a couple of bucks.

Instead, he has to take it in the shorts.  I guess that's life but it just sucks that a loyal fan who puts up that kind of coin has to take a beating like that.

But everyone knew the risk before they got in. 

If you don't care about value then none of this matters.

I get the commitment. But if I do default on my PSL I will still be there for 5 6 or seven games a year for the next 20 to 30 years. Been doing it for the last 20 or 30 so I see no reason for that to change. I'm in the lot at 8 o'clock every sunday I don't get home until 6 o'clock at night. So believe me I get what you're saying. But the PSL does nothing to change the level of commitment I've had or will continue to have.

Those without a PSL can walk away at any time. 

Forget you and I for a moment, let's look at the MetLife upper deck from 2011-2015 which became a ghost town the moment the playoff runs stopped and it was clear we sucked.  Was there 'loyalty' back then?  Were those fans who stayed home with the wife and kids on par with those of us who sat there alone watching Geno Smith put up 3 points per half?  When you and I wrote checks for $5,000 to the Jets in 2014 and they decided to use that money towards golf were they as "committed" as we were?

Again, I have nothing against other Jets fans.  But one cannot compare fans with an easy 'out' with those who are in it for the long haul. 

SAR I

What's telling IMO is no one is buying those PSLs posted by the "desperate sellers" for 50 cents or less on the dollar on STR.

If they didn't reflect the overall current value of PSLs they would have been snapped up in a New York minute.  But they haven't.

My assumption of a "PSL crisis" is a little strong.  I was just curious if there is a franchise where the PSLs have dropped more than the Jets.

I think it sucks that the PSLs haven't been a good investment like Roger Goodell said they would be.

If they were then 333 could get out of his on the secondary market, break even or maybe even make a couple of bucks.

Instead, he has to take it in the shorts.  I guess that's life but it just sucks that a loyal fan who puts up that kind of coin has to take a beating like that.

But everyone knew the risk before they got in. 

If you don't care about value then none of this matters.

The true indicator of PSL values occurs at the half-life of the stadium, in Year 15, in 2024.  That's when the typical 50 year old PSL buyer in 2008 turns 65 and those who were 10 years old when the Jets beat the Patriots in 2010 turn 25.  Old guys on fixed income ready to retire, young guys in their first jobs living in the big city.  In 2024, buying someone else's PSL will still be the only way to get a great view next to a consistent set of Jets fans, and on inflation alone the $4,000 PSL we got hit with will only feel like $2,500 to those fans.

We never got a fair view of PSL values.  We had the best run in our history the moment the stadium opened and we had the worst run in the past two decades the next four years after that.  Talk to me in 3 years if, God willing, the new regime gets us into division contention and Brady and Belli retire.  Let's see what the PSL values are then or wait until 2024.  Either way, based on the typical 500 fans looking to sell PSL's each year, the other 17,500 fans who hold the rest of the PSL's aren't complaining about money we spent 8 years ago inasmuch as you don't remember how much you spent on your vacations in 2008, your cigarettes in 2008, your concerts in 2008, your pets since 2008, and any other frivolous entertainment expense.

PSL's work.  You can stop chasing windmills now.

SAR I

I can't wait till the Jets make the playoffs and I am able to spend $2 to $3K per ticket for me and my boys to sit in awesome seats. I'll sit there with a happy face knowing I am still way ahead of the game, even after spending less than face value for every ticket I bought off of stubhub or Ticketx for the past few years. Thank you PSLs. And thank you PSL owners, you actually drove the ticket prices down. 

JetsEagles9.27.15sec148row47seat20_Page_

This is a picture of a ticket I flipped recently.  As you can see Dynasty is the name.  This ticket also has a price of $25 when for this game it had a face value of $143.

u must have bought this near kickoff. Prices an hour before were no where near this. 

I bought an endzone seat last year from dynasty for $20. But it was the Miami game. 

I hAve flipped in the past but SH getting near 20% from seller. Then from me to buy and resell made it almost not worth it.

Exactly.  MetLife Mezz is the equivalent of the lower rows of the old Giants Stadium Upper deck .  I initially bought in section 245a, Mezz corner.  I can't tell you the disappointment we felt the first time we ever sat there for an open practice.  The Mezz in MetLife is much farther from the field and considerably higher than the Mezz was at Giants stadium and I had not one, but two separate reps confirm that for me.  We moved down to the LSL when the prices were cut by 1/3.  The difference is night and day.  

We've also sat in the Mezz Club seats on many occasions.  Some might think it's the high game day prices that keep those sections empty, but part of it is the distance from the field and the sad fact that you can not see the field at all from the inside of the club because of the extra rows they put in (contrary to the artists original rendering of what the clubs would be like).  

Exactly.  MetLife Mezz is the equivalent of the lower rows of the old Giants Stadium Upper deck .  I initially bought in section 245a, Mezz corner.  I can't tell you the disappointment we felt the first time we ever sat there for an open practice.  The Mezz in MetLife is much farther from the field and considerably higher than the Mezz was at Giants stadium and I had not one, but two separate reps confirm that for me.  We moved down to the LSL when the prices were cut by 1/3.  The difference is night and day.  

We've also sat in the Mezz Club seats on many occasions.  Some might think it's the high game day prices that keep those sections empty, but part of it is the distance from the field and the sad fact that you can not see the field at all from the inside of the club because of the extra rows they put in (contrary to the artists original rendering of what the clubs would be like).  

I'm with you on the Mezz Corners but I thought the sightline from the Mezz Club on the TV side of the field were pretty good.

You also have heat when it's cold and air when its hot and nicer bathrooms.

But at $295 a pop though it's just not a great value unless you go secondary market where you never pay face.

Watching the game from inside the club makes no sense.

You're right about the view from in there but if you just stay in the club and watch the TVs, you might as well just stay home.

I'm with you on the Mezz Corners but I thought the sightline from the Mezz Club on the TV side of the field were pretty good.

You also have heat when it's cold and air when its hot and nicer bathrooms.

But at $295 a pop though it's just not a great value unless you go secondary market where you never pay face.

Watching the game from inside the club makes no sense.

You're right about the view from in there but if you just stay in the club and watch the TVs, you might as well just stay home.

the sightlines in the Mezz between the 20's are indeed very good.  But they are the equivalent of the upper deck between the 20's  in the vast majority of NFL stadiums.  For the kind of money that is charged for Mezz clubs, one doesn't want to feel like they are in an upper deck.  But compared to most stadiums, that's where you are.  With a nice warm club in which to retreat (where every item purchased is extraordinarily overpriced), but no way to actually view the action on the field from the expanse of glass due to the views being blocked by the extra row(s) of seats they placed in front of them.  The problem with all the Mezz seats is the 50 foot higher elevation and the significant push back from the field. Again, the Mezz clubs are good seats, don't get me wrong...  but just nowhere near worth the money.

u must have bought this near kickoff. Prices an hour before were no where near this. 

I bought an endzone seat last year from dynasty for $20. But it was the Miami game. 

I hAve flipped in the past but SH getting near 20% from seller. Then from me to buy and resell made it almost not worth it.

I paid $100 a ticket re-flipped for $135 a ticket.  This was all done a while ago.  I'm showing the actual price printed on the ticket is $25.  You can resell for whatever you want the printed face value on this ticket should have been $143 so Dynasty got these for cheap to put on SH.

the sightlines in the Mezz between the 20's are indeed very good.  But they are the equivalent of the upper deck between the 20's  in the vast majority of NFL stadiums.  For the kind of money that is charged for Mezz clubs, one doesn't want to feel like they are in an upper deck.  But compared to most stadiums, that's where you are.  With a nice warm club in which to retreat (where every item purchased is extraordinarily overpriced), but no way to actually view the action on the field from the expanse of glass due to the views being blocked by the extra row(s) of seats they placed in front of them.  The problem with all the Mezz seats is the 50 foot higher elevation and the significant push back from the field. Again, the Mezz clubs are good seats, don't get me wrong...  but just nowhere near worth the money.

No, I'm with you there...

My son and I could both play Pebble Beach vs going to one game against the Jags in the Mezz Club.

Imagine the type of asian massage you could get for $295 for 3 hours.

Not that my opinion as an upperdecker matters, but I love my seats in the 3rd row of the corner endzone. Sat down in 124 from 2010-14 buying a seat off of a friend and decided to get seats of my own in 2015. Its only been four games, but I am quite happy with my decision and i saved myself  a lot of money. 

I paid $100 a ticket re-flipped for $135 a ticket.  This was all done a while ago.  I'm showing the actual price printed on the ticket is $25.  You can resell for whatever you want the printed face value on this ticket should have been $143 so Dynasty got these for cheap to put on SH.

You start your own ticket brokerage firm you'll make a fortune with those kind of deals.

Those without a PSL can walk away at any time. 

Forget you and I for a moment, let's look at the MetLife upper deck from 2011-2015 which became a ghost town the moment the playoff runs stopped and it was clear we sucked.  Was there 'loyalty' back then?  Were those fans who stayed home with the wife and kids on par with those of us who sat there alone watching Geno Smith put up 3 points per half?  When you and I wrote checks for $5,000 to the Jets in 2014 and they decided to use that money towards golf were they as "committed" as we were?

Again, I have nothing against other Jets fans.  But one cannot compare fans with an easy 'out' with those who are in it for the long haul. 

SAR I

SO loyalty entails buying a bad product in a specific in person way no matter what the circumstances? You are no more nor less of a fan because you do or do not spend to go in person. It's the same product being consumed differently. You certainly have more of a financial interest, but it's not necessarily superior to any other fan simply because you spend more money and go. For many people their only way to see NFL/Jets football is on TV. Those people are no less fans, they merely have different financial priorities.   

Would also note during the sales process it was strongly hinted PSL holders would get first crack on tickets to other events, or even discounts. Was never put in the PSL agreement, but discussed. . That never happened while we had PSLs, and have had no problem getting tickets to concerts there. Do they offer any such options now? 

Not that my opinion as an upperdecker matters, but I love my seats in the 3rd row of the corner endzone. Sat down in 124 from 2010-14 buying a seat off of a friend and decided to get seats of my own in 2015. Its only been four games, but I am quite happy with my decision and i saved myself  a lot of money. 

you can't save by spending, you reduced costs, you didn't save. sorry pet peeve :)

I am in 340 Row 8 and am very happy.  Sun at my back, TV side of the field, I can see the whole field clearly with no obstructions, see the plays develop and see the first downs made first hand.

If I had a choice of 1st row field level on the 5 or UD 50, I'll take UD 50 all day long.

I'm very happy up there.  I mean I wouldn't want to be above row 10 but where we are is fine.

Archived