Tyrod Taylor to miss multiple weeks ... reported by LaConforna

Integrity28

OK, lol.

I've been down this road on this forum before.  When I talked about Roman's progress with the 49er's (#of playoffs),  I was told that it was all of Jim Harbaugh's doing and nothing to do with Roman.  You see when it comes to talking about the Bills in a rival's forum,  sometimes you just can't win.  Now go get the violin :P

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been down this road on this forum before.  When I talked about Roman's progress with the 49er's (#of playoffs),  I was told that it was all of Jim Harbaugh's doing and nothing to do with Roman.  You see when it comes to talking about the Bills in a rival's forum,  sometimes you just can't win.  Now go get the violin :P

Big of you to put words in my mouth because I asked you what you're so hyped about.  

If you don't want to get asked why don't say you're hyped over a guy.

He had mixed results in SF with lots of talent.  Personally, I don't see where he was great, don't see where he has had enough success to get excited about.  Don't see how thats a rival opinion or where its not fair.  Its better than over the top love for a guy who has had ok results with lots of talent to work with

Actually,  you accused the entire Bills' Fan Base of being over hyped and in the case of our game against the Patriots,  you were right.

Are you trying to say that the Bills fanbase isnt over hyped?  Everyone has reported it, theyre in playoffs or bust mode, thinking Rex is their savior.  And pretty much anytime you discuss anyone associated with the Bills you love everything about him driving it home

Are you trying to say that the Bills fanbase isnt over hyped?  Everyone has reported it, theyre in playoffs or bust mode, thinking Rex is their savior.  And pretty much anytime you discuss anyone associated with the Bills you love everything about him driving it home

Okay,  so you are accusing our entire fan base (including me) of being over hyped.  Got it now.   When I mention that I love a particular player or coach,  it's because I really like them a lot.  If I don't like someone for whatever reason,  I don't say anything.  Personally,  I didn't like all the hype here before the Patriots game.    I'm not one to over promise and under deliver. And,  this pretty much sums up what our fans did during the week prior to meeting Tom Brady.    The Bills' fans?  I like how we stand behind our team,  the loud cheering at the games and all the so-called "repping" that goes on all year long.  There's also a lot I can live without.  Some behavior is pretty embarrassing.  Glad I didn't raise them. 

Big of you to put words in my mouth because I asked you what you're so hyped about.  

He had mixed results in SF with lots of talent.  Personally, I don't see where he was great, don't see where he has had enough success to get excited about.  Don't see how thats a rival opinion or where its not fair.  Its better than over the top love for a guy who has had ok results with lots of talent to work with

I guess I am more impressed with his record  (49ers) than you.  He also interviewed for the HC position here in Buffalo.  Whaley and Brandon were very impressed.  I do have confidence in Whaley and Brandon.  In fact,  Pegula was glad to hear that Ryan wanted Roman here because everyone (interviewers) liked him.     Our offense is in much better  position than last year.  For loss of  a better word,  our offense "sucked" last year.  

I guess I am more impressed with his record  (49ers) than you.  He also interviewed for the HC position here in Buffalo.  Whaley and Brandon were very impressed.  I do have confidence in Whaley and Brandon.  In fact,  Pegula was glad to hear that Ryan wanted Roman here because everyone (interviewers) liked him.     Our offense is in much better  position than last year.  For loss of  a better word,  our offense "sucked" last year.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498248/article/todd-haley-norv-turner-among-top-10-offensive-coordinators   Roman is rated 6th on the top 10..

Savage 69 posted this.  Just want to make sure you see the article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498248/article/todd-haley-norv-turner-among-top-10-offensive-coordinators

kinda lost interest pretty soon, lol

10) Tom Clements, Green Bay Packers

It's a little presumptuous to include Clements here, since the Packers' recently appointed play-caller hasn't yet officially called a play for Green Bay in his new role. He's also no longer technically an offensive coordinator, having ceded that position to Edgar Bennett.

Ut oh Tom,  what did I say  :rolleyes:

Watkins said of his calf, "if it pops, it pops." The medical staff doesn't bar players from playing. They assess the risk of that player playing and it's up to the player and team to decide if he does or not. As with McCoy coming out of preseason, and with Taylor in-game last week, the Bills coaches are playing fast and loose with these injuries. 

Watkins said of his calf, "if it pops, it pops." The medical staff doesn't bar players from playing. They assess the risk of that player playing and it's up to the player and team to decide if he does or not. As with McCoy coming out of preseason, and with Taylor in-game last week, the Bills coaches are playing fast and loose with these injuries. 

I think Sammy could be ready.  I know that Taylor really wants to play.  He continued to play after he was injured last week.  I think he'll be there on Sunday.  I get the impression that McCoy is going to be sure he's right near the 100% mark before he steps on the field.  I don't blame him.

I think Sammy could be ready.  I know that Taylor really wants to play.  He continued to play after he was injured last week.  I think he'll be there on Sunday.  I get the impression that McCoy is going to be sure he's right near the 100% mark before he steps on the field.  I don't blame him.

Do you think it's prudent to rush your QB back on a bad knee? Your speed receiver back on a bad calf? Your already overused RB back on a bad hammy? Any one of those guys goes down long-term and your season is likely over. It's Week 6.

Do you think it's prudent to rush your QB back on a bad knee? Your speed receiver back on a bad calf? Your already overused RB back on a bad hammy? Any one of those guys goes down long-term and your season is likely over. It's Week 6.

That's what Ryan does he doesn't look at the big picture and rushes players back.

He did it last year with Decker (hamstring) and Milliner (ankle) 

You saw that same interview Sammy said "EJ Manual is going to have a huge game versus the Bengals"?  

Sorry if this was already posted...

" The Bills haven’t made any call on Taylor, but Watkins shared his thoughts when he said he thinks EJ Manuel is “going to have a monster game” against Cincinnati."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/14/sammy-watkins-expects-to-play-this-week/

I saw this and don't agree.  Having a couple of good years, one place, surrounded by talent isn't a career.  

Then again 3 years is a lifetime for this list.  Number 10, was put on the list ahead of accomplished signal callers before he even called a single play for Green Bay.  Theres a credible list.  

I gotta admit Taylor has some guts...he hasn't played too well and must fear EJ is going to take his job. Btw, I don't believe his listed weight for a minute. He looks 190-200lbs without pads. Dude is small boned.

Not a chance in hell that he's 6' and 220lbs

kinda lost interest pretty soon, lol

10) Tom Clements, Green Bay Packers

It's a little presumptuous to include Clements here, since the Packers' recently appointed play-caller hasn't yet officially called a play for Green Bay in his new role. He's also no longer technically an offensive coordinator, having ceded that position to Edgar Bennett.

Just to give you a little insight into this ridiculous, unbiased piece of journalism here's a bio of its author.

Bucky Brooks

Drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the second round of the 1994 NFL Draft, Bucky Brooks played for five different teams (Buffalo, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Kansas City and Oakland) in five NFL seasons. After his playing career was over in 1999, Brooks joined the Seattle Seahawks' pro personnel department as a regional college scout. He served in the same capacity for the Carolina Panthers from 2003 to 2007, before joining CNNSI.com as a football analyst. He joined NFL Media in 2009.

No,  I don't.  I'm just reporting what I read.  These men could rest until after our bye week with little to no effect on the outcome of the game.  I don't anticipate a win on Sunday (even if all were to play).  We can probably beat the Jaguars without these players and then we have the bye week.  

Just to give you a little insight into this ridiculous, unbiased piece of journalism here's a bio of its author.

Bucky Brooks

Drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the second round of the 1994 NFL Draft, Bucky Brooks played for five different teams (Buffalo, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Kansas City and Oakland) in five NFL seasons. After his playing career was over in 1999, Brooks joined the Seattle Seahawks' pro personnel department as a regional college scout. He served in the same capacity for the Carolina Panthers from 2003 to 2007, before joining CNNSI.com as a football analyst. He joined NFL Media in 2009.

Well your comment unbiased (sarc) is actually right on.  Brooks had no affiliation with 8 of the 10 teams mentioned.  

I gotta admit Taylor has some guts...he hasn't played too well and must fear EJ is going to take his job. Btw, I don't believe his listed weight for a minute. He looks 190-200lbs without pads. Dude is small boned.

Both Ryan and Roman are happy with Taylor's results. Both will also admit he has some way to go yet but he's not going to lose his job.  

The toughest decision Idzik is making right now is columbian or mocha for the Jags front office.

Romo had his back and a few other minor injuries.  Cutler has had his share too.  Brees was hurt at the end of a season hasn't been hurt since.   None have been hurt due to being undersized.  Yes players get hurt.  Doesn't mean you ignore that smaller players are more susceptible to injuries.  

Dont know where you're getting size numbers but he's 2" shorter than Romo and 3" shorter than Cutler and built a lot smaller.  And that's if you believe that he's 6' tall, he looks smaller to me.   There were stories he slight and his style can be a worry.  Being slight and probably under 6' might be why.  And being injured within the first 4 games says they just might have been right

His injury doesnt have anything to do with his size.  It has to do with getting injured, which happens to just about every single player in the NFL.

Taylor is listed at 6', 221 lbs.  Romo 6'2", 219, Brees 6', 209

Thank you.  Talk about splitting hairs. 

" And pretty much anytime you discuss anyone associated with the Bills you love everything about him driving it home"

And pretty much anytime you discuss anyone associated with the Bills,  you hate everything about them driving it home...

Well your comment unbiased (sarc) is actually right on.  Brooks had no affiliation with 8 of the 10 teams mentioned.  

And you're such a homer you don't see it for what it is.  

The point is adding the Bills is biased.  And you don't have a clue who on the list he knows or worked with in the past. 

His injury doesnt have anything to do with his size.  It has to do with getting injured, which happens to just about every single player in the NFL.

Thank you.  Talk about splitting hairs. 

Actually neither one of us know if this is true or not yet.  Was my point. There was concern and within his first 4 games hes injured.  If he has a run where he goes injury free the concerns would go unfounded.  If its just a start to a history of being injury riddled then theyre right.

No,  I don't.  I'm just reporting what I read.  These men could rest until after our bye week with little to no effect on the outcome of the game.  I don't anticipate a win on Sunday (even if all were to play).  We can probably beat the Jaguars without these players and then we have the bye week.  

You do realize its in Rexs best interest to keep the Bengals guessing, to not let them know who is or isnt starting

And pretty much anytime you discuss anyone associated with the Bills,  you hate everything about them driving it home...

Give me the list of things on this thread I hate about the Bills?  We've told you what Rex does and he's doing it.  I said I don't see why Roman is a top OC, didnt say I hate him.  You're so pro Bills you often miss what people are saying and take it as a personal affront. 

he was never brought in here to compete w/ mark no matter what you may hear.  he was brought in as a gadget guy/backup QB.

He was brought in to push him not compete with him. Not the same thing. Push him means Sanchez can't just suck again because the team would have another starting option. It doesn't mean each is competing for the job. No one thinks that. The damage was done: they'd just guaranteed him $20M a week earlier. 

If he was brought in just to be New Brad Smith, and not to be a real QB, they would have kept Stanton after picking up Tebow. Of course, then several weeks later they all got to see him in practice and those dumb plans officially went out the window.

The whole thing was a train wreck. Only thing they did right was to pursue Manning in the first place. 

Archived