Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had already responded before you edited your post. 

I never said that he didnt have a shot with the team. Its obvious he did given that he was the 1st stringer and Fitz couldnt surpass him without an injury occurring. Also, if you're not a "Franchise QB" and you lose your position via injury or any other way there is no guarantees that you'll get your spot back, especially if the team is winning and for the fact that you're not labeled a Franchise QB. 

And dont misconstrue my words, I didnt say that the Jets owe him anything. Its you that's saying that Geno doesnt have a chance in hell, which is equality as extreme and isnt founded on anything tangible. All it takes is for Fitz to get hurt and Geno go in and play well for that point to be completely destroyed. It only takes for the Jets not to cut him after the season for that point to be completely destroyed. 

Geno could get his chance with a different team, but acting like the door has closed on his chance here is ridiculous for as long as the Jets dont have a "Franchise QB". 

That works both ways my friend, not just in Fitz favor. 

Fair enough.  But as you just said, Geno is not a franchise QB, and as I said, this regime owes him nothing.  He'll go into next offseason being just another QB on the roster heading into camp and not guaranteed a starting job or even a spot on the roster. 

History suggests a GM and HC want their long-term QB to be a guy they handpicked unless the incumbent is a franchise guy.  They've already brought in Fitz (current starter) and Petty (guy they're grooming).  Fitz's contract expires this year and Geno's expires after 2016.  I would be shocked if they don't bring in at least one more QB next offseason.  I don't think either Geno nor Fitz is in their plans to be the starter beyond this season, and if that's the case, their roster spots are tenuous.  Carrying 4 QB's when we have a very competitive roster is just not happening. 

66% comp rating, 336 yards and 3 tds?  lol  Why do people haul out totally stupid points to try and back up their arguments?  Did you run out of that many bad things to say about Fitzpatrick already?

you guys crack me up.  all you do is look at blind stats, Rivers was AWFUL Sunday. he put up garbage time #s to fool the average fan that didn't watch the game.

Rivers through 3 qtrs.: 16-29, 112 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs. Led O to 3 pts

4th qtr trailing 37-3: 22-29, 224 yds, 3 TDs, led O to 21 pts. 

Please stop, this is why QBs like Rivers are so overrated by fans.  they just don't understand the game.

you guys crack me up.  all you do is look at blind stats, Rivers was AWFUL Sunday. he put up garbage time #s to fool the average fan that didn't watch the game.

Please stop, this is why QBs like Rivers are so overrated by fans.  they just don't understand the game.

Yeah the Chargers should get a real QB like Sanchez, guys.

I didn't say you did.

I'm applying your logic to a different variable, that being Geno, to make a point. 

Once again, you insult me for not being able to read, when it goes completely over your head. Why can't you have a conversation without insulting people's ability to read every time they prove you wrong or you don't have a counter-point to make? 

Nobody wants to see me make an example out of you again, so let's leave it at that. 

you didn't apply my logic and your lack of reading comprehension is why.

all you do is insult, I have destroyed your weak arguments when you have tried to come at.  don't confuse guys that back you that think Rivers was great last week w/ knowledgeable football fans.

If Marshall catches that TD, does this thread exist? 

Probably, yes.

there were many but the biggest was Fitz.

Wrong.

yes, we still would have lost.  NE goes right down and scores a TD and would have gotten 2 pt conversion to tie then would have scored to win.  dropped TD hurt but the biggest play I believe was the 3rd and 17.

Obviously, this also makes Fitz the biggest culprit.

So would the thread be "The Defense just not good enough"?

More like "the defense just not good enough, but Fitz still the biggest culprit"

thank you, for people who didn't watch the game and just read the stat sheet the raiders embarrassed rivers in that game. It wasn't even close

thank you, for people who didn't watch the game and just read the stat sheet the raiders embarrassed rivers in that game. It wasn't even close

it's the fantasy football culture, people just look at stats and try to evaluate.  #s really tell part of the story but to too many people they tell the whole story.  the accumulations aren't as important as how they were accumulated.

66% comp rating, 336 yards and 3 tds?  lol  Why do people haul out totally stupid points to try and back up their arguments?  Did you run out of that many bad things to say about Fitzpatrick already?

I suggest you watch NFL football games before you try to act like you know what you're talking about

Fair enough.  But as you just said, Geno is not a franchise QB, and as I said, this regime owes him nothing.  He'll go into next offseason being just another QB on the roster heading into camp and not guaranteed a starting job or even a spot on the roster. 

History suggests a GM and HC want their long-term QB to be a guy they handpicked unless the incumbent is a franchise guy.  They've already brought in Fitz (current starter) and Petty (guy they're grooming).  Fitz's contract expires this year and Geno's expires after 2016.  I would be shocked if they don't bring in at least one more QB next offseason.  I don't think either Geno nor Fitz is in their plans to be the starter beyond this season, and if that's the case, their roster spots are tenuous.  Carrying 4 QB's when we have a very competitive roster is just not happening. 

Actually I can see the Jets re-signing Fitz to at least serve as a backup next year, if not start in case Petty isn't ready to go. 

Fair enough.  But as you just said, Geno is not a franchise QB, and as I said, this regime owes him nothing.  He'll go into next offseason being just another QB on the roster and not guaranteed a starting job or even a spot on the roster. 

That smells like a "chance" which is all I ever said. 

And I agree with what you wrote after. I fully expect the FO to bring in another QB if they happen not to resign Fitz. They would have to. They would only have 2 QB's on the roster. Geno doesnt have to be in their plans in regards to being a starter, but performance can change that. The front office job is to put the best pieces on the field. We can say whatever we want regarding Geno's past, but if the man responds to what we currently have they're not going to just ignore that because his better than expected production wasnt "in the plans". If they did that they should all be fired immediately because it shows favoritism in a reckless manner. 

That would be like making Petty the starter simply because they drafted him yet knowing damn well he isnt ready. I'll say it again, the best player will play. And given that we have no franchise QB currently that means every QB will have the opportunity to show what they're made of...yes some more than others given that there is but so many reps to go around, but if Geno remains the #2 and they cut Fitz then dont suddenly expect Bryce to leapfrog Geno for the first spot without proving it first. 

Your front office showed you that very example by signing Fitz yet not having him immediately take over 1st string responsibilities. Geno having a year in the system will give him more of a opportunity next year as it did this year being new. So bringing in a new free agent/rookie QB wont immediately make Geno (or Bryce) irrelevant given that they already have history in the scheme and familiarity with most of the offense. 

you didn't apply my logic and your lack of reading comprehension is why.

all you do is insult, I have destroyed your weak arguments when you have tried to come at.  don't confuse guys that back you that think Rivers was great last week w/ knowledgeable football fans.

Actually, it's exactly what I did. It was a basic logic formula in which I removed Fitz and replaced him with Geno. The whole thing went over your head. 

Show me where I'm insulting you? I came into the thread and am talking about the football topics in it. I'm not calling you names, I'm not suggesting you cannot read, so where are my insults? I proved your statement about football illogical. Instead of responding about football, you responded with insults. 

I have no idea why you're bringing up Rivers. Don't care, frankly.

This whole approach to the medium makes every conversation on the site less enjoyable. 

I've been asked not to string you along and make an example out of you. So, yea... enjoy politicking that I insulted you by trying to stick to football talk.

All of his stats were garbage time. I guess I missed where Rivers came up in this thread, but somehow captain reading comprehension is associating me with Rivers as a topic here... whatever.

So because Rivers, a former Pro Bowler, failed against the Raiders, all of a sudden the expectation is that a Fitz failure means he gets benched.  Right, makes perfect sense.  Hate to disapoint you guys, but at this point he's going to need to string together several bad outings to get benched.  His leash has been getting lengthened over time when several of you are operating under the delusion that it's being shortened. 

Oh look, here comes more neg rep from can't wait!

Actually, it's exactly what I did. It was a basic logic formula in which I removed Fitz and replaced him with Geno. The whole thing went over your head. 

Show me where I'm insulting you? I came into the thread and am talking about the football topics in it. I'm not calling you names, I'm not suggesting you cannot read, so where are my insults? I proved your statement about football illogical. Instead of responding about football, you responded with insults. 

I have no idea why you're bringing up Rivers. Don't care, frankly.

This whole approach to the medium makes every conversation on the site less enjoyable. 

I've been asked not to string you along and make an example out of you. So, yea... enjoy politicking that I insulted you by trying to stick to football talk.

who asked you? someone who think Philip Rivers was great on Sunday b/c of a high comp % and 300+ yds?  you don't stick to football, you just try to insult b/c you can't keep up in discussions.  Come at me w/ real info any time you want.

who asked you? someone who think Philip Rivers was great on Sunday b/c of a high comp % and 300+ yds?  you don't stick to football, you just try to insult b/c you can't keep up in discussions.  Come at me w/ real info any time you want.

Moderators asked me to lay off of you. 

We are done here.

Except I'm not touting Fitz as an elite QB.  He's mediocre.  Not ideal, but not terrible.  But go ahead and keep pretending I've said anything different.

This is the funny thing, pretty well none of the people who defend Fitzpatrick have called him a great Qb.  Just better than anything else we have or have had the last few years.

Archived