Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

2014 in NE:  Rex/Geno 

Without Revis, Cro, Skrine, Leonard Williams, Marshall, (pretty sure Decker hurt too)

Lose by 2.

2015 in NE:  Bowles/Fitz, lose by 7.

Rex:  7-16 in 2014 and 2015 combined. 

Geno:  Punched in the face by a teammate.

Yeah, I'll take my chances with Bowles and Fitz.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopkins: 58-776, 5

Marshall: 41-578-4

Hopkins has played 1 more game and has 101 targets, Marshall has 60 targets.  Houston has 327 attempts, NYJ 210.  Hou is always trailing and HAS to throw. that skews #s

This is why we don't trust stupid numbers like WR catch/target rates.  You trust your gut.

So you'd rather have Marshall than Hopkins moving forward? BM has been great, don't get me wrong, but Hopkins is rising up the ranks. 

And having that many targets and only 58 completions tells you how bad the quarterback play has been in Houston. Like I said. Fitz > Hoyer. 

the discussion is not about moving forward.

Hoyer, Fitz- they are all the same.  mediocre journeymen.

Houston has a million issues. if you don't think they'd be bad w/ Fitz or that he would be a difference make down there I don't know what to tell you.

So you'd rather have Marshall than Hopkins moving forward? BM has been great, don't get me wrong, but Hopkins is rising up the ranks. 

And having that many targets and only 58 completions tells you how bad the quarterback play has been in Houston. Like I said. Fitz > Hoyer. 

Hopkins is a top 5 WR right now, correct I would rather have him than Marshall right now. But the rest of your post is utter nonsense 

the discussion is not about moving forward.

Hoyer, Fitz- they are all the same.  mediocre journeymen.

Houston has a million issues. if you don't think they'd be bad w/ Fitz or that he would be a difference make down there I don't know what to tell you.

can't wait said he'd rather have Hoyer. That's what brought this on. I think Fitz is better than Mallett and Hoyer. That's all this line of discussion was. 

can't wait said he'd rather have Hoyer. That's what brought this on. I think Fitz is better than Mallett and Hoyer. That's all this line of discussion was. 

I think they are close but I like what Fitz has brought to the team in terms of leadership.  Fitz was brought here as a backup and he has exceeded expectations.

If recognizing that Mark Sanchez was never a top 10 QB makes me one who doesn't understand football, then I'm ok with not understanding football.

cool. please post some more blind stats.  I am sure you are loving the greatness of Philip Rivers lately:lol:

not a soapbox, it is the internet. Opinions are allowed here. Sorry it offends you that i dont think thousands of former and current officials and executives have successfully covered up favoritism for the patriots over the last 15 years. What can i say man, it dont hold up under cross examination. Somebody wouldve blown the whistle to cash in on their fifteen minutes.

lol

Despite your repeated attempt to rephrase what I said yet again, I am still talking about this one game and this one game only . To again reply that it doesn't happen in every game over the last 15 years is a straw man argument. 

In this one game I've challenged you to show me and others wrong, and you have decided to cop out by changing the subject again from complaints about this game to a reply about all games for 15 years.

Do you think the game was called evenly and that we got away with just as many penalties as New England? 

okay so tell me how he hasn't been playing much better than Fitzpatrick this year

In the game yesterday I'm looking at the ticker When Houston was getting KILLED early he was something like 5-21 with a pic.  He hoarded some stats in garbage time.  He is 1-4 in games he has had an appreciable amount of playing time.

are you saying rex is better than bowles?

Nope.  Just stating some facts.  Which are pretty damning.  Tons of variables but if Rex/Geno had Marshal, Decker, Revis, Cro, Skrine and Leo last season, decent chance things turn out much better last season.

So if Bowles is better than Rex, gotta look at Fitz vs Geno.  I've been saying that every game.  Not just after losses.

This thread is a complete waste of time. 

Fitz is what Fitz is, which is good enough to win when things go well. It wasn't his fault Brandon Marshall dropped the TD and it wasn't his fault the Jets let the Pats convert on a 3rd and 17 and numerous other big 3rd downs. 

Can Fitz carry a bad team to the playoffs Of course not. Can Fitz carry a great defense and guys like Marshall/Decker/Ivory to the playoffs? Yes. 

Nope.  Just stating some facts.  Which are pretty damning.  Tons of variables but if Rex/Geno had Marshal, Decker, Revis, Cro, Skrine and Leo last season, decent chance things turn out much better last season.

So if Bowles is better than Rex, gotta look at Fitz vs Geno.  I've been saying that every game.  Not just after losses.

Rex and Geno went 4-12 together last year.  Bowles and Fitz are 4-2.  It's safe to say both are upgrades. 

Rex took us to 2 AFC Championship games so of course if he had more talent last year he would have done better. That is how the NFL works. You aren't breaking any ground here. 

Rex:  7-16 in 2014 and 2015 combined. 

Geno:  Punched in the face by a teammate.

Yeah, I'll take my chances with Bowles and Fitz.

That's the safe choice most agree with.  Not me though.  I'd prefer Bowles/Geno with Fitz ready to backup if it doesn't work.

Rex took us to 2 AFC Championship games so of course if he had more talent last year he would have done better. That is how the NFL works. You aren't breaking any ground here. 

Not trying to break ground.  Just continuing to argue for starting Geno.  If Bowles better than Rex, with a MUCH better team this year, I think that points to the QB.

bowles might be better than rex overall. it seems to be heading in that direction for sure. but rex at times gave the pats problems with a lot less roster. bowles was out coached yesterday, plain and simple. so why do we need to look at fitz vs. geno again?

bowles might be better than rex overall. it seems to be heading in that direction for sure. but rex at times gave the pats problems with a lot less roster. bowles was out coached yesterday, plain and simple. so why do we need to look at fitz vs. geno again?

I never wanted to get rid of Rex, but that ship has sailed.  Fitz vs Geno?  I've never stopped looking at it.  Fitz is decent.  This team will get wins with him.  Maybe make the playoffs.  But remains to be seen we'll ever beat the top teams with him.  Will Geno change that?  I don't know, but worth a shot I think.  For all the reasons discussed for months now.  No need to rehash 'em every week.

the jets are 5-2 so to change the QB now is not a great idea, but fitz needs to play better or geno should be an option. My advice is to unbunch your panties because fitz deserves criticism

Ehhh, Jets are 4-2, not 5-2, Fitz is what he is, not going to get much better, but he was good enough to win yesterday. You think Geno is better than Fitz, ok, thanks for the clarification.

I never wanted to get rid of Rex, but that ship has sailed.  Fitz vs Geno?  I've never stopped looking at it.  Fitz is decent.  This team will get wins with him.  Maybe make the playoffs.  But remains to be seen we'll ever beat the top teams with him.  Will Geno change that?  I don't know, but worth a shot I think.  For all the reasons discussed for months now.  No need to rehash 'em every week.

but yet, it gets re-hashed every week

Ehhh, Jets are 4-2, not 5-2, Fitz is what he is, not going to get much better, but he was good enough to win yesterday. You think Geno is better than Fitz, ok, thanks for the clarification.

I dont think many are saying Geno is better than Fitz I think many want to see what Geno could do with this offense. 

I dont think many are saying Geno is better than Fitz I think many want to see what Geno could do with this offense. 

Well, I think that is kind of the same thing. Unless you think Geno is better, why would you want to see what Geno could do with the offense? I will say this, if Geno can get the refs to call a fair game, and get PI calls against the Pats when appropriate, maybe he should be in, because if those things happened the Jets would have won yesterday, maybe by 2 scores.

If Geno played we we done at halftime.  Go root for the Giants.  

Hey @Jetsfan80

Didnt I tell you that this comparison thread happens every week? If you notice, its 13 pages (at this moment) and I have yet to touch this topic purposely. Like I said, every single week there will be a thread like this and within it there will be some left field Geno bashing when no one knows how he would actually play in this system...which was why I was making my original Geno statements. 

Im hearing that the Jets would have been blown out by halftime if Geno was on the field. And I'll say it again for the record, I DID NOT contribute to this thread at all lol. I hope you see my point here 80. :-)

Archived