Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

If Marshall catches that TD, does this thread exist? 

yes, we still would have lost.  NE goes right down and scores a TD and would have gotten 2 pt conversion to tie then would have scored to win.  dropped TD hurt but the biggest play I believe was the 3rd and 17.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, we still would have lost.  NE goes right down and scores a TD and would have gotten 2 pt conversion to tie then would have scored to win.  dropped TD hurt but the biggest play I believe was the 3rd and 17.

So would the thread be "The Defense just not good enough"?

why don't you go start a Genosmith.com website and post there... the domain looks safe

johnnysd can be you're webmaster

I like how you post the conquering hero's stats and the fitz fairies get their panties in a bunch. What's he got cooking in his crockpot this week?

There is zero chance you could know this.  The fact that there were at least two flukey 3rd down plays on that drive makes me think that it would be even less likely that they get it done if down by 8 points.

Marshall understands and acknowledges that he had a big part in this loss.  Other than the fact that it interferes with your narrative, why can't you?

If Marshall gets set properly then he could have reached from that spot..

The ability to throw the ball 50 yards in the air may be the twentieth most important attribute in a list of the top twenty important things you want your NFL QB to be able to do.

I understand that but these are grown men that should have some strength.  his heave to marshall in London was over 50 yds, why couldn't he do that again?

so once a QB struggles their first couple of years they are done? not to mention struggling w/ one of the least talented O's in the league.  so increasing the talent around him, changing the OC wouldn't help? so before Fitz became mediocre he sucked for about 5-6 years.  using your logic he never should have received another shot and shouldn't be starting for us.

It might, but we're 4-2.  The only way he's getting his job back is if Fitz gets hurt or if we tank in the worst way possible.  Listen buddy, he had the job.  It was his.  All he had to do was show he's a leader and do the right thing and pay a guy $600 for a promise he made.  Hell, if he was really a leader he'd pay the $600, give an extra thousand, and some signed balls or whatever to give to the kids that missed out on meeting him.  He wanted to play QB.  QB comes with responsibilities above and beyond any other position on the team.  I'm not going to feel sorry for him.  He didn't deserve to get punched, no one does.  But his arrogance and immaturity allowed a situation to get to a level of intensity that made it a reality, and that is his fault. 

As for whether he should receive another shot or shouldn't be starting for us.  He deserves nothing.  He's entitled to nothing, and he certainly has EARNED nothing.  If an opportunity comes where there is competition and he is part of it, then by all means prove it.  But competition doesn't come in the middle of a season with a 4-2 record, especially when the current QB is putting out results that far exceed anything Geno has ever demonstrated.  So at this very moment and for the foreseeable future, Geno is completely irrelevant. 

There is zero chance you could know this.  The fact that there were at least two flukey 3rd down plays on that drive makes me think that it would be even less likely that they get it done if down by 8 points.

Marshall understands and acknowledges that he had a big part in this loss.  Other than the fact that it interferes with your narrative, why can't you?

I have seen this movie too many times before, you can call those 3rd down conversions fluky but that's what Brady does. 

marshall is being a stand up guy, he runs back on the video.  the clock is at 2 secs when he is back and he is trying to get set.  didn't have enough time.  could he have run harder? I don't know, the video doesn't show him from where he started but he's being a leader and not passing the blame which we all should appreciate.  It doesn't mean he is telling the truth.

It might, but we're 4-2.  The only way he's getting his job back is if Fitz gets hurt or if we tank in the worst way possible.  Listen buddy, he had the job.  It was his.  All he had to do was show he's a leader and do the right thing and pay a guy $600 for a promise he made.  Hell, if he was really a leader he'd pay the $600, give an extra thousand, and some signed balls or whatever to give to the kids that missed out on meeting him.  He wanted to play QB.  QB comes with responsibilities above and beyond any other position on the team.  I'm not going to feel sorry for him.  He didn't deserve to get punched, no one does.  But his arrogance and immaturity allowed a situation to get to a level of intensity that made it a reality, and that is his fault. 

As for whether he should receive another shot or shouldn't be starting for us.  He deserves nothing.  He's entitled to nothing.  If an opportunity comes where there is competition and he is part of it, then by all means prove it.  But competition doesn't come in the middle of a season with a 4-2 record, especially when the current QB is putting out results that far exceed anything Geno has ever demonstrated.  So at this very moment and for the foreseeable future, Geno is completely irrelevant. 

I am NOT asking for Geno to start, my issue is w/ those saying Geno sucked the last 2 years so he will suck forever and those pretending like the only move we made was at QB.

the reality is w/ the way Fitz plays Geno will get another shot at some point and he better be ready.  Fitz is reckless w/ his body and that will catch up to him at some point.

For people who think that Fitzpatrick was by far the biggest culprit in the Eagles loss I would have to point to Brandon Marshall who almost single-handedly was responsible for a 10-point or 14-point swing on the stupid lateral pass.  Without that pass we were marching and almost in FG range already.  I think were getting at least 3 if not 7 there and field position that results from a kickoff..  Instead the Eagles go straight down and get 7 points on us on that turnover.  That is a 10-point or a 14-point swing resulting from that one pivotal play.

It makes more sense that the other stupidity I am hearing here.

As for whether he should receive another shot or shouldn't be starting for us.  He deserves nothing.  He's entitled to nothing.  If an opportunity comes where there is competition and he is part of it, then by all means prove it.  But competition doesn't come in the middle of a season with a 4-2 record, especially when the current QB is putting out results that far exceed anything Geno has ever demonstrated.  So at this very moment and for the foreseeable future, Geno is completely irrelevant. 

you better hope fitzy boy can beat the Raiders then, they just finished making rivers look silly

Its good to see more rational posts from you this week. I still disagree on Geno's potential, not physically, he has a ton of physical potential, I just don't think he has the leadership qualities to be a good franchise QB. That said, I recognize that is my opinion and could certainly be wrong. Either way, we should all hope that Geno does not play again this year, because that means that Fitz is playing well enough to keep this team in contention for a playoff spot.

Do you know the best way to learn how to be a leader? Learn how to be a follower first.

Geno is following and learning from a group of men who already know how to lead and win (Bowles as a player, Gailey as a coach). He's also learning how to command respect on the field as a QB by watching Fitzpatrick right now. We dont know what type of leadership qualities Geno could have because the Jets were being ran by a room full of morons. 

How do you expect your QB to understand how to accept winning and losing when his own HC (Rex) didnt know how to accept winning and losing. Todd Bowles understands this. We lost to the Pats and you know what happened? On to Oakland. If we would have beaten the Pats you know what Bowles would have said? On to Oakland.

Leaders arent easily made in some kitchen, you have to have examples of leadership to draw from. Look at how well Pryor is playing, you know...the guy who was a "bust" and everyone knew that he would amount to nothing, just like Geno. Look at how well he's played this year having leaders like Revis and Cro with good work ethic, having a guy at Safety in Gilchrist that he can rely on, having a coach in Todd Bowles that won a Superbowl playing Safety. 

I dont think its too far fetch to think that Geno can produce for a OC that has had virtually every QB who's ever played for him overachieve along with a vet that knows the system and is one of those overachieving examples. 

You learn how to be a leader, but students are a direct reflection of their teachers. Im still waiting to find out who Rex Ryan and crew ever developed on offense. 

For people who think that Fitzpatrick was by far the biggest culprit in the Eagles loss I would have to point to Brandon Marshall who almost single-handedly was responsible for a 10-point or 14-point swing on the stupid lateral pass.  Without that pass we were marching and almost in FG range already.  I think were getting at least 3 if not 7 there and field position that results from a kickoff..  Instead the Eagles go straight down and get 7 points on us on that turnover.  That is a 10-point or a 14-point swing resulting from that one pivotal play.

so fitzy's 3 INT and weakly under thrown incompletions to wide open WR weren't a major reason we lost that game?

Rivers threw 3 TD's late in the game to make it interesting.  And the Chargers simply aren't very good, especially on defense.  If you haven't noticed, they're 2-5 now.

The game next week will be tough but sorry to disappoint Geno fan boys, even if we lose this is still Fitzpatrick's team the following week.

we were on our 42 or so when Marshall made the bonehead play, hard to say we were going to score at that point.

he missed a million throws that day, he cost us at least a FG w/ the INT down the sideline(if not a Td if the pass is a good one) in a 1 score game.  he had the 2nd INT after the fumble recovery then the other INT was a combo of him and Marshall, a little behind Marshall but still should have been caught.  either way it again cost us points in a close game.  he killed us that day and really hurt is in the Indy and Miami games as well.  2games that were close late when they should have been bad blowouts.

Rivers threw 3 TD's late in the game to make it interesting.  And the Chargers simply aren't very good, especially on defense.  If you haven't noticed, they're 2-5 now.

hahahahhahahahahahahahaha.  that game was NEVER interesting but you think Rivers was good b/c he threw 3 garbage time TDs.  this is why you should never evaluate QB play, you just look at out of context stats. the last 2 weeks are what Rivers is all about, a ton of yards w/o the points to go w/ it at Gb including a bad play to try to tie on the last play and then more meaningless #s in a blowout loss the next week.  great #s on paper, not great play on the field.

The game next week will be tough but sorry to disappoint Geno fan boys, even if we lose this is still Fitzpatrick's team the following week.

barring injury Geno is NOT playing anytime soon and I hope he never plays b/c it will mean Fitz is playing well enough. that doesn't mean geno cannot play.

Fitzpatrick is going to be the QB for the rest of the year.  People
who don't like him and his limitations better get used to it.  Because
if he's replaced that means our season has taken a very negative turn.
Full disclosure, I wasn't impressed by what I saw in camp, but:

- He's improved his arm strength outside the numbers in the intermediate
area

- He's excellent in using his cadence to get the defense to declare their
blitzes

- He's excellent in using "fake motion" to decipher what defense the opponent
is in

- Based on his ability to read defenses pre-snap and set line protections I
believe he's been a big reason for the improved OLine pass blocking

So yes he's not the long term answer, but he's brought maturity and stability
to the position that we haven't had since Pennington   

Geno will be entering the final year of his rookie deal.  He's had 2 full years as a starter and blew his chance at a 3rd with his immaturity.  It's true that he's still young.  But he's not in the same camp as Petty.  And teams can't afford to carry 2 developmental QB's on the roster.  Geno's best hope is to fall into the "veteran backup" role, with Fitzpatrick being let go in the offseason to allow him that roster spot.

What do you mean he's not in the same camp as Petty? You know nothing about Bryce Petty outside of him being a 4th round rookie 3rd stringer. 

I cant with you right now lol. 

Once again this will be a tough game this week and anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken.  I would much rather go into a tough game or any game for that matter with a great defense and an average QB rather than a great defense and a terrible QB.

Once again this will be a tough game this week and anyone who thinks otherwise is mistaken.  I would much rather go into a tough game or any game for that matter with a great defense and an average QB rather than a great defense and a terrible QB.

Fitz is starting, there's no controversy but stop w/ the terrible geno stuff.

area

blitzes

is in

So wait, you're telling me that the QB position is more complex than just having arm strength?  Who would have thought? 

What do you mean he's not in the same camp as Petty? You know nothing about Bryce Petty outside of him being a 4th round rookie 3rd stringer. 

I cant with you right now lol. 

Sorry.  I didn't mean "not in the same camp" from a talent perspective.  I meant in terms of where they are in the stages of their careers.  Geno had his shot.  Petty has yet to have his shot.  Big difference there.

And before you respond by saying Geno hasn't had a shot with THIS regime.....yes, he has.  He was all but declared the starter in camp.  He blew his shot with a single punch.  Then, even after he got healthy, the coaching staff saw fit to keep him on the bench.  "Having your chance" is more than just what you do in actual games.  EVERYTHING a QB does in between actual games matters.  Geno has been a good soldier of late but that does not mean this regime owes him a shot at the job either this year OR next year.

Geno may well get his chance.  But it probably will be with a new team.

we were on our 42 or so when Marshall made the bonehead play, hard to say we were going to score at that point.

he missed a million throws that day, he cost us at least a FG w/ the INT down the sideline(if not a Td if the pass is a good one) in a 1 score game.  he had the 2nd INT after the fumble recovery then the other INT was a combo of him and Marshall, a little behind Marshall but still should have been caught.  either way it again cost us points in a close game.  he killed us that day and really hurt is in the Indy and Miami games as well.  2games that were close late when they should have been bad blowouts.

OK, so you're not asking for Geno to start, yet you've gone on constantly about Fitz not doing this, or costing us that, or missing this....  WTF is your point then?  You're arguing with ghosts.  Nobody thinks Fitz is a great QB.  What everyone with a rational brain thinks is Fitz has been a good leader, consistent enough to have us at 4-2, played a competitive game against the best team in the league, and has been overall some of the most solid QB play we've seen in like 5/6 years.  Geno lost his chance with no one to blame but himself.  That's the end of the conversation.  He's done nothing to this point that warranted an automatic reinsertion into the QB position, and the team and current QB are both performing far greater than anything he's demonstrated thus far.  So that's the end of the conversation.  Only a bonfide idiot would want to pull Fitz and put Geno back in right now, and discussing anything to do with Geno vs Fitz until next preseason is just an exercise in futility.  If you see Geno this year it's because Fitz got hurt, or we tanked brutally.  I don't want to see either of those happen, so I don't want to see Geno.  Period.

you better hope fitzy boy can beat the Raiders then, they just finished making rivers look silly

66% comp rating, 336 yards and 3 tds?  lol  Why do people haul out totally stupid points to try and back up their arguments?  Did you run out of that many bad things to say about Fitzpatrick already?

already writing your excuses for next week?

OK, so you're not asking for Geno to start, yet you've gone on constantly about Fitz not doing this, or costing us that, or missing this....  WTF is your point then?  You're arguing with ghosts.  Nobody thinks Fitz is a great QB.  What everyone with a rational brain thinks is Fitz has been a good leader, consistent enough to have us at 4-2, played a competitive game against the best team in the league, and has been overall some of the most solid QB play we've seen in like 5/6 years.  Geno lost his chance with no one to blame but himself.  That's the end of the conversation.  He's done nothing to this point that warranted an automatic reinsertion into the QB position, and the team and current QB are both performing far greater than anything he's demonstrated thus far.  So that's the end of the conversation.  Only a bonfide idiot would want to pull Fitz and put Geno back in right now, and discussing anything to do with Geno vs Fitz until next preseason is just an exercise in futility.  If you see Geno this year it's because Fitz got hurt, or we tanked brutally.  I don't want to see either of those happen, so I don't want to see Geno.  Period.

when I see people blindly bashing geno I discuss it.  I am happy w/ Fitz but it is not fair to say geno would suck in this offense w/ this OC, this OL, this group of RBs and WRs.  Fitz has played well enough to win big w/ the last 2 weeks, if we can get that guy consistently I will be thrilled but prior to that he was not playing well.

I do not want to see Geno play unless we are up 30 in the 4th BUT the reality is we will need him at some point w/ the reckless style of Fitz. 

at no point have I said geno should start but reading was never one of your strengths.

the point of this talk is that it is foolish to bury geno and pretend like all our problems were b/c of him and that all our problems have been solved b/c of Fitz.  That's just not fair- that doesn't mean I want Geno to start, that doesn't mean I hate Fitz, it's just reality.

I didn't say you did.

I'm applying your logic to a different variable, that being Geno, to make a point. 

Once again, you insult me for not being able to read, when it goes completely over your head. Why can't you have a conversation without insulting people's ability to read every time they prove you wrong or you don't have a counter-point to make? 

Nobody wants to see me make an example out of you again, so let's leave it at that. 

already writing your excuses for next week?

What is your deal?  Seriously?  If this team were 2-4 and playing poorly I could understand the negativity.  We're 4-2 and 4th in the AFC in net points.  Winners don't need to make excuses. 

Meanwhile, even when we win next week you'll still find a way to b*tch.  You must be a blast to hang out with at parties.

area

blitzes

is in

If you can throw the ball super far, none of the stuff you listed matters.

Sorry.  I didn't mean "not in the same camp" from a talent perspective.  I meant in terms of where they are in the stages of their careers.  Geno had his shot.  Petty has yet to have his shot.  Big difference there.

And before you respond by saying Geno hasn't had a shot with THIS regime.....yes, he has.  He was all but declared the starter in camp.  He blew his shot with a single punch.  Then, even after he got healthy, the coaching staff saw fit to keep him on the bench.  "Having your chance" is more than just what you do in actual games.  EVERYTHING a QB does in between actual games matters.  Geno has been a good soldier of late but that does not mean this regime owes him a shot at the job either this year OR next year.

Geno may well get his chance.  But it probably will be with a new team.

I had already responded before you edited your post. 

I never said that he didnt have a shot with the team. Its obvious he did given that he was the 1st stringer and Fitz couldnt surpass him without an injury occurring. Also, if you're not a "Franchise QB" and you lose your position via injury or any other way there is no guarantees that you'll get your spot back, especially if the team is winning and for the fact that you're not labeled a Franchise QB. 

And dont misconstrue my words, I didnt say that the Jets owe him anything. Its you that's saying that Geno doesnt have a chance in hell, which is equality as extreme and isnt founded on anything tangible. All it takes is for Fitz to get hurt and Geno go in and play well for that point to be completely destroyed. It only takes for the Jets not to cut him after the season for that point to be completely destroyed. 

Geno could get his chance with a different team, but acting like the door has closed on his chance here is ridiculous for as long as the Jets dont have a "Franchise QB". 

That works both ways my friend, not just when it's in Fitz favor. 

Archived