Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who asked you? someone who think Philip Rivers was great on Sunday b/c of a high comp % and 300+ yds?  you don't stick to football, you just try to insult b/c you can't keep up in discussions.  Come at me w/ real info any time you want.

lol He was great, he is the only thing keeping that team totally out of the dumpster.  You consider Rivers to be a lousy scrub and think Sanchez is a franchise QB so your evals of Qb's is as bad as it can be.  Put rivers on this team and we are legit super bowl contenders.  Put Rivers on the early rex years and we probably already have a super bowl win.

I don't believe that, please come at me any time you want.  save the childish insults and just talk football. 

That's exactly what I did in this thread, and the immediate response from you was that I "cannot read". It's also exactly what I did the day the mods asked me to lay off, I stuck to football, you made it juvenile and about how I "cannot read" and then I dragged it out to make an example of you.

When it became tedious, they asked me to stop... sort of like a mercy rule in little league.

So, we're done.

lol He was great, he is the only thing keeping that team totally out of the dumpster.  You consider Rivers to be a lousy scrub and think Sanchez is a franchise QB so your evals of Qb's is as bad as it can be.  Put rivers on this team and we are legit super bowl contenders.  Put Rivers on the early rex years and we probably already have a super bowl win.

put Rivers on the Chargers last Sunday he does donut in the first half and only gets stats in the second half when the raiders are in preven

That's exactly what I did in this thread, and the immediate response from you was that I "cannot read". It's also exactly what I did the day the mods asked me to lay off, I stuck to football, you made it juvenile and about how I "cannot read" and then I dragged it out to make an example of you.

When it became tedious, they asked me to stop... sort of like a mercy rule in little league.

So, we're done.

Well no one can blame the Ape for child abuse..:)

I don't consider him to be a lousy scrub, I do consider him to be vastly overrated as most fans think he is great b/c he puts up great fantasy #s.

Rivers had teams BETTER than the Rex teams and only made one title game when he got HURT and his backup led the team to the GW TD.

So, we're done.

that is what you did? you came after me w/ "my logic" but you don't understand what you are reading so hos could you understand my logic?

keep telling me how great you are, the posts tell us otherwise. either step up and debate me or move along, stop w/ the nonsense talk.

And those things mattered because even at his best he cannot put up points and give us quick scores.

I mean for ffs, Fitz had single coverage on Decker. Owusu, Kerley and Smith ALL DAY and he was not capable of taking advantage of it Keeping us close is useless, with a good QB we could flat beat their ass not take useless solace in being close in the game. 

Dude what are you expecting? Fitzpatrick is what he is...a stopgap QB who has played ABOVE expectations. You are reacting as if you expected a SB run this year which is ludicrous. Fitzpatrick will get the Jets to 10 wins this season, I believe, but I guess that would be underachieving to you.

Dude what are you expecting? Fitzpatrick is what he is...a stopgap QB who has played ABOVE expectations. You are reacting as if you expected a SB run this year which is ludicrous. Fitzpatrick will get the Jets to 10 wins this season, I believe, but I guess that would be underachieving to you.

Fitz was called a career loser here, so they had to take the criticism to the next level.  Now, they begrudgingly have to admit he can win regular season games, and have to criticize him on a perceived notion that he won't win playoff games. 

Even JiF, who was in the "he can't win 6 games!" crowd, did nearly a 180 on the guy and supports him or at least is neutral on him.  The rest are just refusing to get on the bandwagon and will miss out on the most fun season of Jets football since 2010.

Actually I can see the Jets re-signing Fitz to at least serve as a backup next year, if not start in case Petty isn't ready to go. 

I absolutely agree with this, unless he takes a significant downturn the rest of the way, or there is a significant upgrade falling off the QB tree.  Fitz by no means is great, but he is at least serviceable which is the best this franchise has had in a long time.

whoa thats a nasty personal insult and will not be tolerated

Right?  I felt dirty just reading that.  When people have to sink that low in the argument, it means I've won.  Time to take a knee and close out the victory, much like Fitz has done 4 times this season. 

Right?  I felt dirty just reading that.  When people have to sink that low in the argument, it means I've won.  Time to take a knee and close out the victory, much like Fitz has done 4 times this season. 

yes, please stop feeding the trolls. this thread is insanity x100. I have a headache just reading it

that is what you did? you came after me w/ "my logic" but you don't understand what you are reading so hos could you understand my logic?

keep telling me how great you are, the posts tell us otherwise. either step up and debate me or move along, stop w/ the nonsense talk.

The debate was over after my first response to you. Screaming "you cannot read" isn't debating, it's an acknowledgement of there being no real counter-point.

Coming after you w/ "my logic" isn't nonsense or an insult, which is what you're now suggesting. It is quite literally the foundation of a logic debate. You presented an opinion based on logic, I showed you how that logic applied to another variable works, and questioned whether or not that makes sense.

Rather than talking about whether it makes sense, you insulted me.

Now you're crying about how I insulted you, when all I did was talk about the football topic.

put Rivers on the Chargers last Sunday he does donut in the first half and only gets stats in the second half when the raiders are in preven

Funny thing that, the final score?  37-29 a td and 2 pointer difference.  If peoples defense of their comments about Rivers is that 'he only brought them back to almost winning' is pretty weak.  Leads the league in:  Yards passing, Completions, 69% comp, tied for 2nd in tds with 15

Funny thing that, the final score?  37-29 a td and 2 pointer difference.  If peoples defense of their comments about Rivers is that 'he only brought them back to almost winning' is pretty weak.  Leads the league in:  Yards passing, Completions, 69% comp, tied for 2nd in tds with 15

Right?  It's as if Rivers has been some scrub for a while and is only getting questioned now.  People here want to demand perfection from a position which, by its very nature, lacks perfection more than any other position.  Not everyone can be Aaron Rodgers.  Turnovers and bad games happen. 

The debate was over after my first response to you. Screaming "you cannot read" isn't debating, it's an acknowledgement of there being no real counter-point.

Coming after you w/ "my logic" isn't nonsense or an insult, which is what you're now suggesting. It is quite literally the foundation of a logic debate. You presented an opinion based on logic, I showed you how that logic applied to another variable works, and questioned whether or not that makes sense.

Rather than talking about whether it makes sense, you insulted me.

Now you're crying about how I insulted you, when all I did was talk about the football topic.

how many times must you tell me you are done w/ me before you are? either talk football or move on please. 

here's a little tidbit, I love to learn so if you have something to add that maybe I am incorrect about please post it.  I may disagree and counter but it promotes positive discussions rather than this nonsense. 

that's awesome, his team is 2-5.  I don't care about meaningless garbage time #s.  500 yds is great o the surface but w/ only 20 pts on the board and failing 1st and G from the 2 to tie it 500 yds doesn't look as nice.  65% comp % and 300+ yds w/ 3 Tds looks great on paper but when the bulk of those #s come when the team is down 37-3 in the 4th w/ no chance to win those #s become meaningless.

Right?  It's as if Rivers has been some scrub for a while and is only getting questioned now.  People here want to demand perfection from a position which, by its very nature, lacks perfection more than any other position.  Not everyone can be Aaron Rodgers.  Turnovers and bad games happen. 

it's not about perfection, it's about making plays to win.  he's putting up excellent #s, he's not making plays to win.

how many times must you tell me you are done w/ me before you are? either talk football or move on please. 

here's a little tidbit, I love to learn so if you have something to add that maybe I am incorrect about please post it.  I may disagree and counter but it promotes positive discussions rather than this nonsense. 

I began by trying to talk football, and have subsequently tried to bring it back to that. 

You are pretty bought in to the tried-and-true method of low-brow internet arguing: you say something stupid, get proven wrong, insult, then politick with accusations that the other guy is the problem... it's what makes it easy to play rope-a-dope with you. 

They make pills for this sh*t you know?

I began by trying to talk football, and have subsequently tried to bring it back to that. 

You are pretty bought in to the tried-and-true method of low-brow internet arguing: you say something stupid, get proven wrong, insult, then politick with accusations that the other guy is the problem... it's what makes it easy to play rope-a-dope with you. 

They make pills for this sh*t you know?

how does one play rope-a-dope w/ someone else when that person is the dope?

Nah, they have a great one!  need yards and no points? the great Philip Rivers! need 3 TDs when down 37-3? Philip Rivers!  he's an all time great!:lol:

As we stand here today are you trying to make the argument that Phillip Rivers is as bad or worse than Geno Smith?  Really?

how does one play rope-a-dope w/ someone else when that person is the dope?

I thought you wanted to talk about football. This is an insult, and in your next response you'll accuse me of not wanting to talk football and doing nothing but insulting.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Fitz is the best option at QB on the current roster, gives us the best chance to win each week. Petty isn't ready to even get in there and be productive enough to learn, so playing him is a waste of time. And Geno, though I wanted to see him get another chance in camp, proved to me that mentally/emotionally he isn't ready, and may never be.

Depends on how we sh1t the bed.  The Raiders are not the same pushovers as they have been in years gone by and they probably view us the same way we view them.  As an improved team but one we should be beating if we are really as good as we think we are.

If we lose to Oakland, all games become suspect after that and 8-8 becomes likely IMO.

If we lose to Oakland, all games become suspect after that and 8-8 becomes likely IMO.

I tend to agree.  After this week one fan base will be disappointed because maybe their team is not as much improved as they had thought.  I good test but by no means a gimme for us.

Worst to first or near worst to first does not happen in this league and so this year either completely debunks that theory or we fall short somewhere.  This week is actually a big week for us and one where Jets teams of the past would likely stumble.

As we stand here today are you trying to make the argument that Phillip Rivers is as bad or worse than Geno Smith?  Really?

please show me where I have said this?  this is why I bring up reading comprehension.  one argument has nothing to do w/ the other.

please show me where I have said this?  this is why I bring up reading comprehension.  one argument has nothing to do w/ the other.

There has been a lot of talk in this thread about Rivers and downplaying his talents.  I am trying to understand where he ranks in your mind in the list of current QBs.

Top 5? Top 10? Where?

Up to this point all he's shown is failure.  You can put up the surrounding cast all you want, but the fact of the matter is when a guy can't drive a Ford Taurus it doesn't mean you put him in a Porsche and expect everything to suddenly just be better.  It just makes the crash a whole lot more costly. 

But saying Geno has been a total failure is not really true. He HAS been horrificly bad in some games, takes too many sacks, fumbles too often, and is very up and down. And he has some pretty strong games as well. As an example, Fitz in his entire career has 9 game winning drives, Geno already has 7. That does show some ability to perform under pressure.

But in my view, you just cannot dismiss the factors that lead to his poor performance. Spread QB in college, Rex as HC, Marty as OC in probably the worst possible system you could have for Geno, complete lack of weapons.

It is also impossible to ignore that after he came back from his benching last year he was a much different and effective QB.

Plus, Bowles and Gailey did choose him as their starter.

In my view, Geno may very well never get there, but I want to know. After 6 games, it is obvious that Fitz is not good enough. Teams now know how to shut him down, and it is very likely his performance will decrease for the remainder of the year.

We did not lose the game because of Fitz on Sunday. In a perfect world, we had a reasonable chance of winning the game.

But in my view,

Fitz can win games from ahead.

Geno has the potential to

Win from behind'

Get quick scores

Press the ball downfield

Dictate to an opposing defense

Has dramatically higher upside.

Accepting mediocrity from Fitz in the hopes of getting a wildcard and likely one and done is a waste in my opinion. A lot here think mediocrity is a step up and embrace that.

That is really frustrating to me. It is a characteristic of loser franchises. We have to try and win it all in my view.

Fitz is not the guy. See if Geno is. If he is not, draft a new guy and see if Petty or new guy are the one.

Retread JAG veteran QBs like Fitz are the perfect way to remain a JAG team.

Yes, we are 4-2 but those 4 victories are against teams with a combined record of 11-16, and Miami was a complete shambles when we played them, so our record is a bit deceiving.

There has been a lot of talk in this thread about Rivers and downplaying his talents.  I am trying to understand where he ranks in your mind in the list of current QBs.

I think Philip Rivers is overrated, that doesn't mean I think he sucks.  many think he is elite b/c of his impressive fantasy #s, I have seen this guy come up small in big spots far too many times to place him anywhere near elite. 

I tend to agree.  After this week one fan base will be disappointed because maybe their team is not as much improved as they had thought.  I good test but by no means a gimme for us.

Worst to first or near worst to first does not happen in this league and so this year either completely debunks that theory or we fall short somewhere.  This week is actually a big week for us and one where Jets teams of the past would likely stumble.

I'm not sure I agree here.  Unless the thinking is we're guaranteed to lose all the games we're "supposed" to lose, I still see 9-7 or even 10-6 in the cards even with a loss this week.  Jaguars, Texans and Titans scare no one.  I like our chances in all remaining divisional games.  Giants aren't as scary now that Rex is gone (who Coughlin OWNS).  @ Dallas is the toughest game other than the Patriots considering Romo and Dez will be at full strength by then. 

Falling to 4-3 would suck but it doesn't mean we're an 8-8 team.

that's awesome, his team is 2-5.  I don't care about meaningless garbage time #s.  500 yds is great o the surface but w/ only 20 pts on the board and failing 1st and G from the 2 to tie it 500 yds doesn't look as nice.  65% comp % and 300+ yds w/ 3 Tds looks great on paper but when the bulk of those #s come when the team is down 37-3 in the 4th w/ no chance to win those #s become meaningless.

but with fitz, the wins/losses means nothing and then its all about the numbers. Too hilarious

Archived