Fitz Just Not Good Enough

JohnnyLV

I deal in reality, you can discuss lala land out of context stats all you want.  I was supportive of Fitz for yesterday's game by the way, I haven't been negative about him since he was bad against Miami.  he has been good enough to be a playoff team w/ the way he has played the last 2 weeks but when someone bring sup the better sanchez and points to ridiculous QB ratings I must chime in.

thats ironic. Fitz 4-2. geno 0-1 with one KO

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

Despite your repeated attempt to rephrase what I said yet again, I am still talking about this one game and this one game only . To again reply that it doesn't happen in every game over the last 15 years is a straw man argument. 

In this one game I've challenged you to show me and others wrong, and you have decided to cop out by changing the subject again from complaints about this game to a reply about all games for 15 years.

Do you think the game was called evenly and that we got away with just as many penalties as New England? 

when the strange lights hover over your house remember to clench the old butt cheeks tight ;)

Not trying to break ground.  Just continuing to argue for starting Geno.  If Bowles better than Rex, with a MUCH better team this year, I think that points to the QB.

I think Geno shot himself in the foot and deserved his benching. But if Fitz gets hurt, and that may happen before the end of the season, I hope that Geno is able to step in and do a better job. I just have a hard time believing Geno is capable of handling the pressure. 

The Pats had 10 drops today, incuding an Edelman TD, so I don't hold the Marshall drop against him. If the Pats didn't have so many drops they score more than 30 and we still lose even if Marshall makes the catch. The Pats shut down the run knowing Fitz can't beat them through the air.

Dont forget the Cumberland drop in the 1st qtr. He's a TE and cant jump to make the catch. This dude is a complete waste. 

We really miss Amaro. 

AS this stupid topic has continued, my one thought has been. So what?

I know Geno's not good enough (leadership skills bad) I know that Petty isn't close to being good enough. I would take Fitz over those 2. 

So, in the end, he doesn't have to be good enough, he's the best option we got. 

you are forgetting 1 crucial piece of evidence here. genos upside. stronger arm and all. lets forget for a second that geno has no accuracy, no leadership skills, prone to make dumb plays, is not liked or respected in the locker room, has basically been the worst qb in the league the past 2 years,etc,etc. and just picture genos stronger arm hooking up with devin smith 20 times a game. that's all the jets need. the jets don't need fitz throwing for 300 yds, 5 scoring drives, 0 interceptions, with zero running game, on the road vs the super bowl champs. fitz is just not good enough

Dont forget the Cumberland drop in the 1st qtr. He's a TE and cant jump to make the catch. This dude is a complete waste. 

We really miss Amaro. 

are you talking about in the EZ when the defender grabbed his arm? was he supposed to catch that ball w/ 1 hand?

are you talking about in the EZ when the defender grabbed his arm? was he supposed to catch that ball w/ 1 hand?

Yeah, that just sucked.  Can't blame him there.  The DB hit his hands and made that catch impossible.  Otherwise looked like an easy TD.  

How wasn't it called?  No clue.  Hopefully week 16 we get the calls.

He was supposed to jump for the ball and use his size. If he jumps and the defender holds his arm its much more evident to the ref. Allowing the defender to have equal opportunity was ridiculous on Cumberland's part. 

He was supposed to jump for the ball and use his size. If he jumps and the defender holds his arm its much more evident to the ref. Allowing the defender to have equal opportunity was ridiculous on Cumberland's part. 

he was still interfered w/.  we know Cumberland isn't a great receiving TE but that's what we have.  we have playmakers at WR and RB, can't have it all.

he was still interfered w/.  we know Cumberland isn't a great receiving TE but that's what we have.  we have playmakers at WR and RB, can't have it all.

Players are interfered with all the time. Thats the league today. Cumby should know that and give himself the best opportunity to get 6 points. Instead he allowed the defender to be on equal ground and make a play even if the play was interference. If Cumby jumped and was held it would be much more evident and he could have gotten a flag and the Jets a new set of downs. 

We did not lose because of Fitz. I never said that. But he is too limited to lead us to victory against the Patriots and we could have been in a situation where the 3rd and 17 and the Marshall drop did not matter with a dynamic QB that could actually get them to not load 8 in the f-ing box.

If Rex was still the HC and that 3rd and 17 happened you would be killing Rex for his clueless Defense.. Now 50 million bucks later it doesn't matter at least Southpark was honest and admitted he would have been killing Rex..LOL

Players are interfered with all the time. Thats the league today. Cumby should know that and give himself the best opportunity to get 6 points. Instead he allowed the defender to be on equal ground and make a play even if the play was interference. If Cumby jumped and was held it would be much more evident and he could have gotten a flag and the Jets a new set of downs. 

of course they miss calls but the guy grabbed his arm, it should have been an easy call.  they missed some in our favor and missed some in NE's favor, we still had a million chances to win and we failed to do so.

I'd like to see a replay, anyone have the clip?

of course they miss calls but the guy grabbed his arm, it should have been an easy call.  they missed some in our favor and missed some in NE's favor, we still had a million chances to win and we failed to do so.

I'd like to see a replay, anyone have the clip?

I dont know the point of the excuse. Cumberland should have jumped for the ball because the coverage, regardless of the hold, was pretty tight. What makes the good TE's in this league better than the Cumberland's...because good TE's know how to take advantage of certain situations. Antonio Gates would have jumped to make that play. sh*t, Ladarius Green would have jumped in an effort to highpoint the ball in tight coverage. 

I dont understand. Are you expecting me to say "since Cumby got held that makes it okay for him not to do everything possible to make the play"? I just dont understand why you keep bringing this interference up. It doesnt take away the fact that Cumby could have done more to help out his quarterback. 

I dont know the point of the excuse. Cumberland should have jumped for the ball because the coverage, regardless of the hold, was pretty tight. What makes the good TE's in this league better than the Cumberland's...because good TE's know how to take advantage of certain situations. Antonio Gates would have jumped to make that play. sh*t, Ladarius Green would have jumped in an effort to highpoint the ball in tight coverage. 

I dont understand. Are you expecting me to say "since Cumby got held that makes it okay for him not to do everything possible to make the play"? I just dont understand why you keep bringing this interference up. It doesnt take away the fact that Cumby could have done more to help out his quarterback. 

we know Cumberland is what he is, is it fair to expect him to be Gates or even Green?

he got interfered w/, he didn't have a chance to catch it.  say he should jump or whatever he had a chance to catch it if he doesn't get interfered with.  I'd like to see a clip again.

we know Cumberland is what he is, is it fair to expect him to be Gates or even Green?

he got interfered w/, he didn't have a chance to catch it.  say he should jump or whatever he had a chance to catch it if he doesn't get interfered with.  I'd like to see a clip again.

It's fair to expect him to use his height and his jumping ability in tight coverage. Jumping doesnt make you Gates or Green, it will make you a bigger target for your QB, which is what guys like Gates and Green will do in order to make the play. 

Cumby got interfered with but he could have done more to bring light to the interference as well as bring more to get himself open from the coverage. I havent downloaded the game but if I do and can make a clip I'll make a GIF. 

I was in the bar last night and the moment I saw the play my first words were "Why the f didnt he jump for the ball"....and that was before the replay showing that his arm was hit before the ball arrived. 

It's fair to expect him to use his height and his jumping ability in tight coverage. Jumping doesnt make you Gates or Green, it will make you a bigger target for your QB, which is what guys like Gates and Green will do in order to make the play. 

Cumby got interfered with but he could have done more to bring light to the interference as well as bring more to get himself open from the coverage. I havent downloaded the game but if I do and can make a clip I'll make a GIF. 

I was in the bar last night and the moment I saw the play my first words were "Why the f didnt he jump for the ball"....and that was before the replay showing that his arm was hit before the ball arrived. 

he's not a good receiver, never has been.  it's great to say this stuff but he is what he is.

he's not a good receiver, never has been.  it's great to say this stuff but he is what he is.

He is what he is, that doesnt mean that you dont state what he should have done but instead make it seem like he couldnt make the play because the defender was playing tight defense. Rise above the mediocrity or dont get on the field. 

This is the New England Patriots and Fitzpatrick needed him to make that play. I havent once criticized Marshalls drop because 95% the time its Marshall thats contributing to wins. Cumberland is a liability because he's not rising above his own level of expectation for himself. Me saying that he should have jumped to make the catch isnt like something that he's physically incapable of doing. 

Hey @Jetsfan80

Didnt I tell you that this comparison thread happens every week? If you notice, its 13 pages (at this moment) and I have yet to touch this topic purposely. Like I said, every single week there will be a thread like this and within it there will be some left field Geno bashing when no one knows how he would actually play in this system...which was why I was making my original Geno statements. 

Im hearing that the Jets would have been blown out by halftime if Geno was on the field. And I'll say it again for the record, I DID NOT contribute to this thread at all lol. I hope you see my point here 80. :-)

Of course you called this.  It's the most predictable aspect of this board.  The sh*tty backup QB is the favorite player of the fans, who somehow forget all the dreadful games he's had.  It doesn't mean they're right.  

Of course you called this.  It's the most predictable aspect of this board.  The sh*tty backup QB is the favorite player of the fans, who somehow forget all the dreadful games he's had.  It doesn't mean they're right.  

The backup Qb is actually playing.  And it shows.

300 yards, 5 scoring drives, zero interceptions, zero running game, on the road, playing the undefeated super bowl champs. lousy back up at that

Jets fans: bitch all week about how we suck and our QB can't win anything. Act like 4 year old who drops ice cream on floor when we lose one possession game to best team in football.

Does not compute.

Doesnt mean they're wrong either. Doesnt mean they forgot all his sh*tty games because of their position (I surely havent), though we've forgotten all of Fitz sh*tty games in other football jerseys yet he seems to be playing well, but thats besides the point because his name isnt Geno Smith. 

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that a thread could be created and go 13 pages deep and I have absolutely nothing to do with it so no one can say "We've been telling Villain for 10 pages yet he doesnt get the point". Maybe the point is nothing more than opinion, just like the opinion I had last week, just like the opinion people are having now and just like the thread that will be made next week full of more opinions. 

What is true however is that you dont know what a person can do in a system until you see him in it. This statement is usually cool to support when it comes to the people being optimistic of Geno, but when this statement is brought up regarding the people who bash Geno then suddenly its irrelevant because we know that no matter what Geno is just garbage and can never produce, hence why I attached the statement of "the jets being blown out by half time if Geno was playing". 

The criticism of Geno is baseless and full of hatred, and the people who do it would be the same people pulling for him to start if Fitz was not having a pretty good year by Fitzpatrick standards. 

Im being sensible here, I hope you dont flame me with craziness but actually understand what im saying here, which is that Geno has supporters but that doesnt mean that you have to hate the starting QB...and that should be okay. And only sh*tty back ups are the favorites when the starter is sh*tty. Not saying that Fitz is sh*tty, I think he's having a pretty good year, but for the fact that he's having a good season yet people still have high hopes for Geno knowing that Fitz is not a long term answer should show you that people actually believe not just in Geno, but this coaching staff and what they could help Geno become. That should be looked at as a compliment to this coaching staff. 

This statement is usually cool to support when it comes to the people being optimistic of Geno, but when this statement is brought up regarding the people who bash Geno then suddenly its irrelevant because we know that no matter what Geno is just garbage and can never produce, hence why I attached the statement of "the jets being blown out by half time if Geno was playing". 

This thread is moronic and outside of it no one is really talking about Geno, online or off. 

Archived