Jets work out D. Alexander (aka my boner)

Paradis

The jets were going to extend my boner at the end of the season but they said it was already maxed. After hitting free agency I signed a lifetime contract with my lady a few months ago so as long as it stays healthy it should have a long successful career.

Like has he ever played in the NFL?... He played with the Rams for a bit before going to SD and have a huge year before (unsurprisingly) injurying his knee again. 

The guy doesn't have much left in the ligament department, but if he's healthy presently, then sh*t yea! Sign him until his ACL finally evaporates. 

LOL!  What doctor told you that? Was it Dr. Vinny Boombatz? :)

I thought it was cartilage that wears away, thereby causing bone-on-bone.  Not ligaments. Ligaments may tear, but they don't wear away (I think). 

The guy definitely has a lot of talent. He was pretty good in San Diego in 2012 and then got hurt, he obviously has had a hard time recovering from that injury though because nobody has signed him since.

With that said though, he fits the bill of what Gailey likes his receivers to be. Tall, and physical. Definitely worth a look.

LOL!  What doctor told you that? Was it Dr. Vinny Boombatz? :)

I thought it was cartilage that wears away, thereby causing bone-on-bone.  Not ligaments. Ligaments may tear, but they don't wear away (I think). 

Yeah ligaments heal/regrow. Especially if they hack off a chunk of hammy and drill into your tibia and femur and screw/staple it together.

60/40 shot at being back to normal...... ask me how I know.

Not a bad idea.  For a guy off the street, he had some big games, some very quickly after signing.  He had a good first game with the Rams and a huge game for the Chargers soon after he got there.  The Bears also worked him out.  I'm not sure if it is rehab/time out of football that causes people to think of him as a reserve/futures guy, but his history as a quick strike guy shortly after signing and our current shortage at WR might have meant he get a shot now.  He might be practice squad eligible under the new rules.  I'm not sure. 

We all talked about giving him a try a few years ago...has he even been in the league?

A bunch of us were pretty high on having him in.  Didn't seem like he could have hurt anything last year. Even on one leg.  AFAIK, he got hurt August 2013 and the Chargers kept him on IR and I think let him go before camp/preseason 2014. 

In 2012 he caught 7 TDs on just 37 catches (658 yards) for San Diego.  Will be 30 at the start of the 2016 season.  Before his injury, was a 4.4 40 guy.

He was born in '88.  He's not a young prospect, but he will be turning 28 during camp next year. Glenn asked if he was a 4.4 or 4.5 guy. I'm not sure, but he claims he ran a 4.5 during these workouts.

Danario Alexander is a terrible penis name. 

Mine just changed names from "Judge Roy Bean" to "the Hudsucker Proxy."

Archived