Bowles on Fitz Next Year

whodeawhodat

Next year: BEST CASE 8-8 with Fitz, WORST CASE 4-12 without Fitz. That is a tough schedule. We have a lot of old guys. It could get ugly really fast next year. How about if we open With Ari then go to NE, CIN or Pit? That is 0-3 right off the bat. Hope we have a good offseason.

Cut/Trade Geno, Sign both Bradford, and Fitzpatrick let them battle it out while Petty watches. 

Now the hard part here, some how convincing both to sign with the other here.  I don't have an answer, and it's probably not really possible other than promising Bradford starting job, and the after locking him up, give Fitz ridiculous money to be a backup, like more money than anyone else is offering, and hope he knows Bradford is a serious injury risk, and he will probably get a chance to play.  OR do the scumbag thing, and after promising Bradford he is the starter get him signed, and then sign Fitz, and tell them both oh by the way it's an open competition didn't know we could get Fitzpatrick back so your gonna have to go beat out the guy that the team is willing to run through a wall for regardless of some of his talent short comings, in hopes it makes Bradford step up his game like he never has before.

Geno is flat better than Bradford. Bradford is a paper maiche poser that has lived off an incorrect first round grade/

if the jets sign Bradford (which I hope) there's no way he's not the starter. He's way more talented than fitz

You could field an entire team with all the talented busts. And they have. It was called the Raiders under Al Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and when he breaks his vagina running out of bounds in the 1st half of the 1st game, fitz starts again. 

Absent some block buster Drew Brees type situation Fitz is starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugh, you know the jets will sign him and OVERPAY and he will have half the "Luck" he had this year or get hurt by week 4....

worst thing we could do is get him for another year... Sorry I just never had any faith in him. even in games we won I thought he looked ugly... I kept telling everyone I know it's marshall and decker.... he would just throw it to each one 10 times and hope.... any qb can do that.

Maybe we get lucky and Fitz takes less money to stay with us so we can have some extra money to bring in some better players so he can try to win a Championship..... I mean he has to have plenty of money from the buffalo deal.... I doubt with him being from Harvard that he ran threw his money..

Been reported a couple of times in other threads.

Has anyone seen anything from Fitz about wanting to return?  Just curious. 

Where's he gonna go?  To the Arena Football League?  LOL Of course he's coming back. He had more success here in one year than he's had his entire career combined, or it seems to feel that way. I would keep Fitz for numerous years as the back up after switching to Petty or whoever for the starting job.  The dude is a gamer and his teammates love him to death. He's been nothing but a positive influence and has done whatever the team has asked of him.  

Nothing wrong with bringing Fitz back but you need a quality QB in here who could unseat him with superior ability. 

It can't be its Fitz or bust!!!

Petty is not ready. It will be Fitz and the offense will be better.  The RB's will be better. The OL will be better. We will have a TE/HB in the fold.  The WR's corp will be better and Fitz will be more comfortable.  Mac is not going to mortgage the future like Tanny.  Maybe he can pull a rabbit out from his hat like he did with the Marshall trade. You never know.  

No one is advocating dumping him outright.  I mean even if you think Geno would have fared the same this year there isn't much of a reason to leave the cupboard empty.  Petty will still have his training wheels next year so unless you make a splash then just stick with Fitz and Geno..  and give them a chance to compete in training camp.

compete ? lol .if Fitz comes back, which he will, there is no way in hell geno gets near a starting chance. If the Jets don't Sign Fitz and then give the Job to Geno I am done as a Jets fan. DONE

The thing that worries me about fitz.. He's had a decent season before in buffalo and got a nice contract and didn't play nearly as well the following year. Granted, different team and different players, I certainly wouldn't overpay to get him back. He had a great year, no denying that, but can he replicate that? 

He doesn't throw the long ball to well either. 

What do you do? Go after Bradford? Sign fitz? Look for a QB in draft? 

Not an easy decision.. 

compete ? lol .if Fitz comes back, which he will, there is no way in hell geno gets near a starting chance. If the Jets don't Sign Fitz and then give the Job to Geno I am done as a Jets fan. DONE

No you're not.  Shut up.

At this point in Fitz's career, you have to wonder.  A lot of posts on this thread talk about where else in the NFL could he go to that he can have success.  It may be more about the $ after all it is his job. Maybe an incentive ladden contract to get him to the $12M/YR?

I dont like the fact that Bowles came out and decared him the week 1 starter if he resigns.  Did he earn it with his play?  Absolutley imo but it goes against the best players play and the competition montra.

Lastly but definitely not least importantly is Petty.  Before the year began nearly all of us agreed (which is amazing in itself!) that he needs to sit this year and learn, kinda like redshirting him.  Now that the year has passed and the mission has been accoomplished, shouldnt we give him a just a little more consideration?  Ultimately, the coaches have a much better idea than us but to see nearly everyone dismis him as a possibilty?  One post on this thread is already suggesting that he sit and learn this year as well. Maybe that is best, maybe not.

Jets are completely in the drivers seat! His already in a system he's familiar with & is partnered with his OC in Chan! He has Marshall & Decker, Jets are sure to add a cheap vet with great hands to fill that 3rd receiver spot, draft a young fast stud RB, resign Powell (Ivory is a goner, to much time in the tub, no hands), fix the right tackle spot (Breno is the other goner), makes for a really smooth transition next year where the offense will be clicking right out of the gate. 

Where else is Fitz moving too? Cleveland? Ouch! All new coaches, complete overhaul! Houston? They already traded him for a 7th round pick. It's going to be the Jets...why? Bowles has already named him the starter, he's made friends, his family is settled, the contract will be filled with incentives for Wins, TDs, Yards, Playoffs ect., starting probably in the 7 million range, because no other team is offering him 7 with incentives & most importantly to him..the starting job. First time in a LONG TIME Jets get a hometown discount. Book it!

Archived