Bryce Petty ~ ~ ~

kelly

It's a shame Ryan Fitzpatrick couldn't play even a half way decent game against a Bills team that got clobbered the previous 2 weeks with everything on the line.  

Ryan Fitz had a pretty good season.  Geno has never had anything near a season

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Quality #2"!!??  WTF.  If that's the case, release the bum now.  It seems that all we've had for decades are #2-#3 QBs in the stable.  

Why?  You need a good #2.  There is nothing wrong with having a solid number two.  Nobody should think he is Tom Brady waiting to happen.  There will be multiple drafts before we find our guy.

End of the day, they've already said they're going to draft a quarterback every year. That's it. That's all that matters. That means that as fans all of these guys ain't nothing but laundry, and we can just keep rotating them until one shows something. No need to get emotionally attached. No need for the "well I just THINK he can be good" bullsh*t. Who cares? Next man up until one nuts the **** up. Whether that's Bryce Petty or not who gives a sh*t. The only only only ONLY thing that should matter to this organization is finding period a quarterback period of the future full stop exclamation point. 

Until that happens. Until THAT happens, every single season is going to be like the last 7. A team perpetually stuck in limbo, MAYBE competing for a playoff spot with a journeyman or a rookie we're evaluating or whatever. And enough of that bullsh*t. If Petty can't show he's capable of being a starter in the near future, cut him, cut Geno, and draft draft draft draft. This organization does not need a backup quarterback, it needs a starting one for the long term, and we don't have the luxury of wasting roster spots on guys who only have a ceiling of being the former. 

You don't cut Petty if after one year, even if can just be a real decent backup.  You normally have to pay 3-4 million for a backup, and you have one for peanuts.   Also, you don't know what you have with him.  If you are going to draft a develop type QB, give him one year, never play him and cut him, you are just throwing away 4th rounders.

For being the #1Overall NFL draft pick compared to a walk on the difference wasn't significant.  Chrebet was Mr. 3rd down with a super work ethic and an everyman quality, whereas keyshawn was a me, me, me and only me type of guy... I didn't hate keyshawn I just found him to be selfish & annoying.  That win over tampa with Chrebet catching the winning TD was Priceless. 

You just made my point for me.  People compare them based on their draft position or lack thereof.   Keyshawn produced more, but Chrebet was "better"  

If Geno Smithhad that luxury, who knows how it would've turned out?

I think no difference. First of all it was all set up to play out that way as Sanchez was head and shoulders better than Smith in his first preseason but Rex had to win the Snoopy Bowl come hell or QB injury and that forced Smith to have to play. A smarter HC would have protected BOTH QB's not to mention his teams' chances to win but the Jets had Rex 'the brain' Ryan.

Why?  You need a good #2.  There is nothing wrong with having a solid number two.  Nobody should think he is Tom Brady waiting to happen.  There will be multiple drafts before we find our guy.

This process should have started years ago. They missed by one pick to take Ben Roethlisberger in 2004, though it is doubtful they would have taken Big Ben with Pennington already on board. They failed to take Joe Flacco and chose the second biggest first round bust in history behind Ryan Leaf in Vernon Gholston. In 2009 Mark Sanchez was the top pick but did not pan out. Then with Terry Bradway banging the table for Russell Wilson the Jets chose the likes of Quentin Copes and Stephen Hill. Before Maccagnan came here the Jets did not have a front office manager or GM who knew how to draft a QB. I only hope Mac does.

I guess I like what I see from Wentz more than the typical top names I hear about. Im still working on going through the quarterbacks. From what i seen Wentz typically doesnt throw with too much air under the ball. I did notice the air under the ball during the championship game but he also came back from a broken wrist on that throwing hand...if the highlights you seen happened to come from that game. 

I guess I like finding guys not really talked about. A guy who im currently looking at is Baker Mayfield from OK. Its January, my feelings will change the more I watch players throughout the next few months. 

I watched mixed highlights, not one game.  Just wanted to see what the fuss was about.

FWIW, Jeremiah has the Cowboys taking him #4 overall and the Jets taking Taylor Decker out of Ohio State.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624753/article/mock-draft-10-cowboys-pick-qb-wentz-at-no-4

Archived