is cookie monster around?

batman10023

i am thinking about flying out either Friday or Saturday to see the championship games live.  Does Cookie monster have an updated weather forecast for snow in the tri-state area?  He use to provide this on another Jets website but that website doesn't seem to get much traffic anymore and i think he posts here.

i am thinking about flying out either Friday or Saturday to see the championship games live.  Does Cookie monster have an updated weather forecast for snow in the tri-state area?  He use to provide this on another Jets website but that website doesn't seem to get much traffic anymore and i think he posts here.

I would fly out before those days to avoid cancellations and delays. If I  can get out of town before the snow hits, all the better.

Cancel plans for both days, due to the Blizzard in the southern Megalapolis nothing is leaving dude without huge delays.  

For NYC could be 3 or 10 inches, Saturday.   Further north it diminishes rapidly due to a e - w precip shield as upper system heads east.

thanks for the update.  i guess i won't book my tickets then.   when will you have more information on 3 versus 10?  

my alternate plan is to drive to eastern long island on friday night and come back sunday night after the games and watch them there.   if you see any problems or weather updates please let us know.  you are the go to guy for weather info.

There's a chance the brunt of the storm may stay to the south and the NYC area only gets 3-6 inches.  That's what the European model is now trending towards, while the GFS still shows 12+ inches in the NYC area.

Regardless, even if its only 3-6 inches, expect flight cancellations from Saturday morning to Sunday morning.

You should be ok flying on Friday daytime, late Friday night could be iffy.

i only trust Cookie Monster.  He's saved my bacon a few times.  Given this was championship weekend i figured it would be appropriate for the main board. 

its going to snow the day you are flying

change the day you are flying

I like my weather hype-free so I get it myself

I don't watch the weather channel or listen to "historic blizzard" nonsense

Cancel plans for both days, due to the Blizzard in the southern Megalapolis nothing is leaving dude without huge delays.  

For NYC could be 3 or 10 inches, Saturday.   Further north it diminishes rapidly due to a e - w precip shield as upper system heads east.

For NY/North NJ, isn't the forecast for the snow to start late Friday evening?  I thought the problem was going to be pretty much just overnight and Saturday.  Has this changed?

cookie my man! what's the latest? From my gathering the model's are coming into more agreement for a nor' easter. I'm a snowboarder so I love my snow, are we setting up for some big powder or what?

what's update guys?  

I dont trust anyone but the weather experts here!

remnant from the defunct JI.

We had many weather posts always on the main board.  No idea why, but Cookie is our resident meteorologist.  Or was it proctologist?  Never mind.

I phrased the question in the form of a football question so I think it's is approved. 

Archived