Daredevil Mafia

JiFtheOracle

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

GG everyone! It made for quite a read. Wish I wouldn't have stopped following the game mid game.... I kinda figured town was losing anyway. Shows how much i know lol

Hope my random interludes weren't a pain. But I'm glad I didn't play cause I'm pretty sure I would have made a mess of things. I was totally eating up what Ape was selling so... heh. 

Please, my game was all about random interruptions and eating whatever filth Ape dropped. Plus, I may have inadvertently caused Pac to prematurely hammer himself. I mean lol, but still...

You were a joy and I hope you're in the game next time.

^_^

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Btw, Crusher was so good this game, you can see in the scum thread that I was convinced/paranoid that he was some kind of super powered up role where he was doc PLUS a watcher/tracker.  It seemed realistic given that JiF was modding the game AND how well Crusher was reading the game.  I was asking other team members to submit the kills as a result until it finally made no sense. 

Town should send him a gift basket of bacon, with the basket itself made of bacon and sprinkled with bacon bits.  He was mother-f*ckin fat Stephen Curry out there.

Day 1 I was 100% lost.  Had Ape as town and though Brett was happy horny to play again.  Somebody mentioned Brett was solo win and I thought, "nah."  Once Brett died and Ape died the game slowed down and I was able to get a feel for who was attempting to do what.  Sometimes you have to choose how you are willing to lose in order to win. 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Please, my game was all about random interruptions and eating whatever filth Ape dropped. Plus, I may have inadvertently caused Pac to prematurely hammer himself. I mean lol, but still...

You were a joy and I hope you're in the game next time.

^_^

Pac got to hammer you (he always complains about never getting the chance to hammer anyone, but most of the time that's his own damn fault) and then himself before filthy CTM got to.  He's one happy Taco today.  You're fine.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac got to hammer you (he always complains about never getting the chance to hammer anyone, but most of the time that's his own damn fault) and then himself before filthy CTM got to.  He's one happy Taco today.  You're fine.

Yeah, thanks. Despite him getting all Mexican-soap-opera about it, I get what he was talking about. I sent him a PM apology to clear it up.

Boy...

...I hope he doesn't want to marry me now for his green card.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, you PM'ed me that you quit. Don't try and spin it as a tactic now.

Welcome. :)

You're full of sh*t you baby... you PM'ed me about you quitting, after I was already dead scum. If now you're saying this was all a tactic, then you PM'ing me so that I could then relay the reality of your meltdown to my scum mates was outside the spirit of the game.

So which is it, did you quit, or cheat?

We weren't short-sighted on LK. We were saying that eventually lazy town will say "LK being LK" and he'll be scum. He's set himself up with fantastic meta to do whatever the **** he wants as scum. I hope I'm on his team when it happens. 

Do me a favor, don't insult me anymore. If these names are so cutting to you, then it shouldn't be so easy for you to say them to others. Hypocrite. 

you know what GFY .... I PMed you in confidence ...I was venting some frustration and yes you were already dead PMing you while alive would have been an a$$hole move. You were unsure as to whether I quit because in the next post you asked me if I quit. Now your calling me full of sh*t and a cheater ??? of all things a cheater ?

The Emo was for real is was pissed at CTM and some of the others.... however,  the CTM argument was a tactic I've used many times before NOT THE EMO. When I started to realize CTM was not scum I kept up the pressure, he picked up on you didn't because your just not very good at this game. FWIW if you keep your mouth shut Scum probably wins the game same reason when I played scum with you, you felt compelled to reveal and ruin the game for us . But you gotta play the hero and not even realize the guy you were defending was taking you down.

How anyone could think a COP, DOC Vig whisperer and a sensor were all in this game is simply a bad player. You should have gone right after CTM because there was not enough room in this game for all those roles .obviously that observation was right and you got nailed ... but bottom lines don't mean anything to you because you think you got it all covered you know what everyone is thinking. Your a ******* ego maniac and your not very good but hey I'm a cheater and a baby and full of sh*t yet some people wont even come back to this game due to your behavior maybe you should look in the mirror my friend.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you know what GFY .... I PMed you in confidence ...I was venting some frustration and yes you were already dead PMing you while alive would have been an a$$hole move. You were unsure as to whether I quit because in the next post you asked me if I quit. Now your calling me full of sh*t and a cheater ??? of all things a cheater ?

The Emo was for real is was pissed at CTM and some of the others.... however,  the CTM argument was a tactic I've used many times before NOT THE EMO. When I started to realize CTM was not scum I kept up the pressure, he picked up on you didn't because your just not very good at this game. FWIW if you keep your mouth shut Scum probably wins the game same reason when I played scum with you, you felt compelled to reveal and ruin the game for us . But you gotta play the hero and not even realize the guy you were defending was taking you down.

How anyone could think a COP, DOC Vig whisperer and a sensor were all in this game is simply a bad player. You should have gone right after CTM because there was not enough room in this game for all those roles .obviously that observation was right and you got nailed ... but bottom lines don't mean anything to you because you think you got it all covered you know what everyone is thinking. Your a ******* ego maniac and your not very good but hey I'm a cheater and a baby and full of sh*t yet some people wont even come back to this game due to your behavior maybe you should look in the mirror my friend.

Holy hell Smash.  Relax.  It's s game.  We all taunt and talk shit.  

37 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, thanks. Despite him getting all Mexican-soap-opera about it, I get what he was talking about. I sent him a PM apology to clear it up.

Boy...

...I hope he doesn't want to marry me now for his green card.

:lol:

If the PM apology didn't include action shots, I doubt you'll get a response.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd prefer you to play and be highly emo.  Makes things fun.  You're taking this sh*t wayyyyy too serious.  No one ACTUALLY thinks you're a moron or useless, but you think we do.  It's like a bunch of kids ripping on each other:  Once we find the thing that bothers you the most, we exploit it.

You've played with us long enough to know this is the case.

too serious ? Look at the APE calling me a cheater because he cant even comprehend what I was talking about.

What I used as a tactic was my case on CTM I kept pushing him as I have done before in previous games to keep my real intentions away from scum I guess it worked since you left us both alive . I figured CTM would catch on he hinted that he did but oh well

Ape is now saying I was claiming using the EMO as a tactic which is 100 % False I never said that or claimed that. I wanted to quit at the time but after calming down and JIF asking me to stick it out I did . Just because you guys in the scum thread look at it as cheating does not make it so.

Either way I don't have to have my integrity challenged by what I now see to be a true untrustworthy Idiot. Last thing I would do to any of you guys is cheat and I'm insulted to think anyone feels that way.

Also there is a difference between messing with someone calling them an idiot and what I was being called felt pretty genuine I never try to hurt anyone feelings its just not in my make up but your more than welcome to read the thread and see what you think . 

At this point I would like to just move on its been fun playing with some of you and I hope you guys can still get some joy out of this game I really need to just go away

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

too serious ? Look at the APE calling me a cheater because he cant even comprehend what I was talking about.

What I used as a tactic was my case on CTM I kept pushing him as I have done before in previous games to keep my real intentions away from scum I guess it worked since you left us both alive . I figured CTM would catch on he hinted that he did but oh well

Ape is now saying I was claiming using the EMO as a tactic which is 100 % False I never said that or claimed that. I wanted to quit at the time but after calming down and JIF asking me to stick it out I did . Just because you guys in the scum thread look at it as cheating does not make it so.

Either way I don't have to have my integrity challenged by what I now see to be a true untrustworthy Idiot. Last thing I would do to any of you guys is cheat and I'm insulted to think anyone feels that way.

Also there is a difference between messing with someone calling them an idiot and what I was being called felt pretty genuine I never try to hurt anyone feelings its just not in my make up but your more than welcome to read the thread and see what you think . 

At this point I would like to just move on its been fun playing with some of you and I hope you guys can still get some joy out of this game I really need to just go away

OMG dude. 

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the PM apology didn't include action shots, I doubt you'll get a response.

Dammit!

I should have dressed my penis up in a little sombrero and poncho, and hung a tiny sign around the neck that reads: "I'm sorry".

Missed opportunity.

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think what you will find is most people think most other people are idiots at one point or another. Kinda human nature

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

You modding the game was 90% of the reason you flamed out.  Just my take.  You were dead set, I wouldnt do this or I wouldnt do that and I couldnt figure out why.

Why wouldnt I put those things in the game?  You dont know what other mechanics I had incorporated.  

Just food for thought for next game.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

You modding the game was 90% of the reason you flamed out.  Just my take.  You were dead set, I wouldnt do this or I wouldnt do that and I couldnt figure out why.

Why wouldnt I put those things in the game?  You dont know what other mechanics I had incorporated.  

meh all 4 of those roles likely not in game

and definitly not in the game with 3 scum

In confidence? 

Look in the mirror? I'm the MOST heavily criticized and insulted person here, with Pac being a distant second. You're going to spin a light criticism into an insinuation shaming me for making people quit? 

Real nice.

Game is over, I'm not "claiming" anything. I'm saying that what you did created an advantage for town. Doesn't mean you intentionally cheated, it means that the confluence of you quitting and un-quitting created a "cheat" or "advantage" if you want to be semantically sensitive. Maybe, if you could look at things objectively, you would think to yourself, "Hmm... maybe in the future, I'll just take a xanax and chill out, rather than screw up the game balance." The conversation could have ended there.

Nope. Not you though, not sensitive skin Smash... instead, you go right back to insulting me because you can't take ownership of your own behavior and the repercussions of it.

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

41 minutes ago, CTM said:

meh all 4 of those roles likely not in game

and definitly not in the game with 3 scum

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

Again, you dont know what I gave scum.

Either way, digging your heels because the mod wouldnt do this or wouldnt do that, isnt a good strategy, IMO.

My logic was more like JIF's here... the moment it became evident that my play wasn't an immediate LYLO play, the right play wouldn't have been to lynch me based on what the mod would or would not have done.

Right outcome, but imo, wrong logic. 

If I had designed this game, Kingpin would have been a beast role, I would have used Wesley his right-hand man, and I would have definitely had that ninja guy from the Japanese gang faction. Scum would have been bloated with power, and town would have had balance to it.

Honestly though, I thought Sensor was on par with Lie Detector, and we've had LD and Cop in small games. It didn't feel far-fetched to me at all. 

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My logic was more like JIF's here... the moment it became evident that my play wasn't an immediate LYLO play, the right play wouldn't have been to lynch me based on what the mod would or would not have done.

Right outcome, but imo, wrong logic. 

If I had designed this game, Kingpin would have been a beast role, I would have used Wesley his right-hand man, and I would have definitely had that ninja guy from the Japanese gang faction. Scum would have been bloated with power, and town would have had balance to it.

Honestly though, I thought Sensor was on par with Lie Detector, and we've had LD and Cop in small games. It didn't feel far-fetched to me at all. 

Well jif, like you doesn't understand the power of a sensor. 

3 scum vs sensor + cop + doc + convertible vig is a broken game.

The logic is sound, and proved sound

18 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well jif, like you doesn't understand the power of a sensor. 

3 scum vs sensor + cop + doc + convertible vig is a broken game.

The logic is sound, and proved sound

What if scum had made Kingpin someone that needs to be lynched twice? Or a symp, who would not be detected by sensor? Or any myriad of other roles... it could have been balanced easily, in my opinion.

Either way, you happened to make assumptions that proved right. I don't think it was "good" logic, but it worked out good for you and I can't knock you for it. 

I do, however, disagree with how heavily you invested in gaming the mod. That's my point. 

Don't really care if you disagree or not. 

On to the next game.

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What if scum had made Kingpin someone that needs to be lynched twice? Or a symp, who would not be detected by sensor? Or any myriad of other roles... it could have been balanced easily, in my opinion.

Either way, you happened to make assumptions that proved right. I don't think it was "good" logic, but it worked out good for you and I can't knock you for it. 

I do, however, disagree with how heavily you invested in gaming the mod. That's my point. 

Don't really care if you disagree or not. 

On to the next game.

you seem to be forgetting you were my #1 suspect pre reveal due to hitting several tells and failing some reaction tests.

you act like i had you town until i gamed the mod

gfy

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Smash, our primary complaint about how people handled the LK situation was this:  It will only encourage him to do ridiculous sh*t from here on out.  He now thinks he's Yoenis Cespedes and can do no wrong.

Did the play work out?  Yes.  Was he town in the end, and did town believing he was town help?  Yes.  But we put in a lot of work this game, so put yourself in our shoes:  Would you be pissed because that was a big reason you lost?  Hell yes you would be.  On one level it was extremely ballsy, on another it was batsh*t lunacy.  Simply accepting someone being batsh*t crazy means others can get away with that kind of stuff in future games as scum.

And yeah, I get that you have a certain play-style Smash.  But we all call people morons and idiots here.  You rage-quitting, then town believing you'd never do that as scum, added to the frustration we had as scum.  If we're gonna lose, we'd prefer to lose in a more "straight-up" fashion. 

But it is what it is.  Me pulling up JiF's scene to "clear" CTM and Ape's big reveal were probably unnecessary, and had an even bigger impact on our demise than anything else.  So in a way we messed up too.  But we did so by being ballsy.  I'm OK with that.  I've been scum with Pac and Ape, where we got lynched in 3 straight days (almost entire my fault).  This time we made a game of it.

look who made a good post?!?!

Archived