STH Fan Advisory Board Dinner & Discussion

Dcat

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Has anyone here ever attended the Jets Season Ticket Holder Fan Advisory Board Dinner and Discussion?

If so, what to expect? Just received my invite.

the Jets Season Ticket Holder Fan Advisory Board
dinner and discussi

I have never been invited.  Did it come by email or through the mail?

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the Fan Advisory Board meeting, which was last night in Florham Park.  

Just like the Town Hall last year, this event was fantastic.  There were about 30 fans attending from all different parts of the stadium including Clubs, PSLs and Uppers.  People from LI, NYC, Upstate NY, Northern Jersey, Central and Southern Jersey too.  Diverse group.  I think I was the second longest tenured STH there (32 years) and another guy was 36 years.  Most of the others were under 10 years.

I got to hand it to the Jets... the events they have held at the Atlantic Training facility in the last few years have absolutely met and exceeded expectations.  

GOOD JOB NY JETS and thanks to all the Jets staff (there were about 20 or more there) who facilitated the event so gracefully.

We were only allowed to take pictures at the reception.  No pics allowed in the conference rooms where the break-out meetings were held.  Each attendee participated in 2 break-out meetings.  My 2 sessions were in the DL conference room and the DB conference rooms.  There was one break-out session on Jets Rewards/Jets Cash programs.  (Note to Cornfed: I suggested Jets rewards should be applicable to concessions as you have mentioned in other threads.  I think we can expect some kind of merge between Fan rewards and Jets Cash program in the future that would allow you to use points for concessions).  Another breakout group was about Parking and related issues and a third on concession issues.  Not sure what the 4th was but one of the consistent themes was concern about fan bad behavior in and outside the stadium. 

You could tell how sincerely the Jets want to improve the fan experience and how they are trying so hard to listen to our suggestions and implement changes. Both in the Town Hall and the FAB, I was impressed by the what I felt was the genuine sincerity of the Jets staff for providing continued improvement to the fan experience.  So all the cynical mooks here can chill a bit about that.  

The reception, dinner and meetings went from 5:30 to about 8:15 followed by a tour of Atlantic Health. I didn't bother with the tour since I did that last year at the Town Hall. (They plan on doing more Town Halls this year too.)

At the reception, Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan and Jets President Neil Glat were all present along with more than a dozen other staff members.  Glat also participated in the breakout sessions.  Mac was gracious and inviting as always and Bowles is a very friendly, affable guy.  Glat is too.  He impressed both last year and this year in his approach and demeanor.  Just a great guy it seems. 

The dinner buffet  was very good:

20160303_175300_resized_zps3mfmlhez.jpg

here are some other pics from the reception (sorry for the poor quality):

20160303_175227_resized_zpskykuypo6.jpg

Mac holding the requisite cup of coffee:

20160303_175215_resized_zpsmawu83d9.jpg

20160303_180011_resized_zpsnztw3euv.jpg

Todd Bowles:

20160303_175523_resized_zpsrgxv1ekc.jpg

20160303_175957_resized_zpsmp5psyxa.jpg

20160303_200948_resized_zpsgm8pslq9.jpg

At the end, all of the attendees were given a very nice gift bag. but the gift everyone most wants would be another one of these in the near future:

20160303_201002_resized_zpsybhmuquc.jpg

My gift bag had a Calvin Pryor signed ball, a Jets car flag, and a Jets Fan Advisory Board ceramic coffee mug:

20160303_222930_resized_zps9apuajsy.jpg

20160303_223325_resized_zpsz5tgu22c.jpg

All in all, a well done event. I'd be happy to discuss any of the topics that were discussed if you have any questions.

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Thanks Dcat

Things like this make me think real hard about becoming Season Ticket Holder. What were the things that was discussed about fan's bad behavior? 

How can we bring back the spirals, but just for weed and beer? The team is investigating how to bring the spirals back for just those two vices. 

No nudity. No harassment of women. Just two, old-school rites of passage. Expect an email shortly. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I dont think all season ticket holders were invited. 

Yep. I know. I was also talking about the STH Conference calls etc. 

18 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

How can we bring back the spirals, but just for weed and beer? The team is investigating how to bring the spirals back for just those two vices. 

No nudity. No harassment of women. Just two, old-school rites of passage. Expect an email shortly. 

I had SAR in my mind when I asked this question. :)

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

You could tell how sincerely the Jets want to improve the fan experience and how they are trying so hard to listen to our suggestions and implement changes. Both in the Town Hall and the FAB, I was impressed by the what I felt was the genuine sincerity of the Jets staff for providing continued improvement to the fan experience.  So all the cynical mooks here can chill a bit about that.  

I'm one of the cynical mooks . Just 30 fans ? They will listen to anything you suggest but bottom line , they will do whatever the hell they want . I've had seats since Shea and nothing ever changes . The fans are very low on the Jets totem pole .

40 minutes ago, no psls said:

I'm one of the cynical mooks . Just 30 fans ? They will listen to anything you suggest but bottom line , they will do whatever the hell they want . I've had seats since Shea and nothing ever changes . The fans are very low on the Jets totem pole .

Cynical or SOJF? Your blanket statement that "nothing ever changes" is wrong. And I disagree that the fans are on the low end of the Jets priorities.  Wrong on both counts, IMO.  The Town Hall had about 60 in attendance. They want these break out sessions  to be discussions where everyone speaks.  Thus 30 people is appropriate considering the objectives of  this event.

Look, some people will complain in the face of the facts that the organization is  to do the right thing by its fans to improve the product. Nothing they do will ever change their minds.

This team never did these positive things in the 70's, 80's, 90's or early 2000's.  That they are now is not only a definite change, but a good sign of better things to come. But if one is going to adhere to the SOJF way of thinking, then he will never see change, even when it happens.

I just sat down to lunch with my wife and brought up the subject of buying 2 PSL lower level end zone tickets. Her response was we are paying for 3 college educations our property taxes have risen our car insurance isn't going lower anytime soon and our backyard is scheduled to go under a complete renovation possibly with an in-ground pool so you go ahead do what you must if you think we can afford it, LOL 

I went to a Fan Advisory Board meeting in October 2014 at the stadium.  I got stuck in traffic so I missed the food before and it was set up a bit different than this.  They do take some of the suggestions.

The one thing I started to put into my surveys recently and I hope the Jets would seriously consider is make 85% of the lines dedicated to Jets Rewards cards and make the other 15% people who got their tickets off Stubhub or other places and have print out tickets.  Then we could see a real true benefit of having season tickets. 

6 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I went to a Fan Advisory Board meeting in October 2014 at the stadium.  I got stuck in traffic so I missed the food before and it was set up a bit different than this.  They do take some of the suggestions.

The one thing I started to put into my surveys recently and I hope the Jets would seriously consider is make 85% of the lines dedicated to Jets Rewards cards and make the other 15% people who got their tickets off Stubhub or other places and have print out tickets.  Then we could see a real true benefit of having season tickets. 

The "VIP" or "EZ PASS" line for Jets Cash users was discussed at length. Based on the positive reactions of everyone there about this concept, including Neil Glat and the Jets people who were running the event,  I bet we see this implemented either this year or 2017.

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The "VIP" or "EZ PASS" line for Jets Cash users was discussed at length. Based on the positive reactions of everyone there about this concept, including Neil Glat and the Jets people who were running the event,  I bet we see this implemented either this year or 2017.

Are we talking lines into the stadium or concessions?  I'd like to get into the stadium quicker and make the non season ticketholders wait longer.

15 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Are we talking lines into the stadium or concessions?  I'd like to get into the stadium quicker and make the non season ticketholders wait longer.

The discussion was for concessions. (I was in the concessions break out group and Jets Rewards break out group.) 

But the idea of using it for stadium entry is great. Wish I thought  of that. Not sure if it was discussed in either of the other two groups.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

The discussion was for concessions. (I was in the concessions break out group and Jets Rewards break out group.) 

But the idea of using it for stadium entry is great. Wish I thought  of that. Not sure if it was discussed in either of the other two groups.

You can discuss things until you are blue in the face ; no major changes will happen . If they want to appease the fans , use the Jet Rewards points as credit towards the following season ticket bill . THAT IS FAN FRIENDLY . Not stupid coffee mugs , signed mini-helmets or wine glasses . 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I just sat down to lunch with my wife and brought up the subject of buying 2 PSL lower level end zone tickets. Her response was we are paying for 3 college educations our property taxes have risen our car insurance isn't going lower anytime soon and our backyard is scheduled to go under a complete renovation possibly with an in-ground pool so you go ahead do what you must if you think we can afford it, LOL 

Your gonna drop 40k on a pool but considering  endzone seats? Skip the pool, buy better seats. Que sar, but endzone is endzone. Weather its mezz or lower. Weather its sars "corner" or not. 

On 3/4/2016 at 3:52 PM, Dcat said:

LOL.  But they've been doing the FAB since 2012.

Great coverage Dave, thanks for all the detail.

Can you elaborate on the Parking Lot breatkout session?  Any talk about expanding tailgate-free lots (there aren't enough of them to be convenient), people still taking up two spots too frequently (security powerless for decades), and the traffic jam by the pedestrian bridge due to the black cabs and the Uber explosion?  Things aren't getting better, they're getting worse, wondering if these issues were discussed.

SAR I

9 hours ago, no psls said:

You can discuss things until you are blue in the face ; no major changes will happen . If they want to appease the fans , use the Jet Rewards points as credit towards the following season ticket bill . THAT IS FAN FRIENDLY . Not stupid coffee mugs , signed mini-helmets or wine glasses . 

Disagree.  I don't want trinkets.  I don't want discounts.

A Jets rewards club should mirror an airlines rewards program.  With my frequent flying ways I can fly economy but get access to the first class lounge, I get to board with first class passengers, TSA-pre whizzes me through security, I get to bring oversized luggage onboard, the flight attendants welcome me by name, I get upgrades without asking, etc.

Those who pay the bills and attend the most games should get similar access at Jets games, it's all possible.  Special entrance to drive through, preferred parking zones in all lots, VIP line to whiz through security, express lane for our RFID cards thru the turnstiles, seat upgrade option when available, express lane at food concessions, access to the Club's during halftime, etc.  That's a real rewards program, it's all about making the gameday experience better.  It's not about a better quality mug or a $34 reduction off of next year's ticket bill.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Section 333 said:

Your gonna drop 40k on a pool but considering  endzone seats? Skip the pool, buy better seats. Que sar, but endzone is endzone. Weather its mezz or lower. Weather its sars "corner" or not. 

I like the end zone and they are row 1 if the guy doesn't change his mind.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great coverage Dave, thanks for all the detail.

Can you elaborate on the Parking Lot breatkout session?  Any talk about expanding tailgate-free lots (there aren't enough of them to be convenient), people still taking up two spots too frequently (security powerless for decades), and the traffic jam by the pedestrian bridge due to the black cabs and the Uber explosion?  Things aren't getting better, they're getting worse, wondering if these issues were discussed.

SAR I

thanks.  I wasn't in the Parking break-out group.  But in one I was in, someone brought it up who spoke about the difficulty of  getting to the lots  after his son's soccer games and tailgating obstructs his ability to get to the gate in time.  It was mentioned that there is a tailgate-free lot but he said it is nowhere near his particular entrance and that there should be a couple more of those scattered among the different entry points to the stadium.  Staff was taking notes and nodding their heads at that one.  the impression I got is that they might add more tailgate-free areas.

Here's something I forgot to mention regarding rewards:  

When discussing Jets rewards, almost everyone expressed negativity towards the preseason games counting as much as the reg season games for reward points.  Many people said they don't go and shouldn't be penalized.  (I don't think they are correct).  But I mentioned that I usually donate my preseason tix to the United Way (Jets' preferred charity for tix donations) and that I shouldn't be penalized my reward points for those contributions so some kids who could never attend a game get the opportunity to do so.  That raised some eyebrows and nodding heads among the staff who again were taking copious notes.  I can never hit the 10 game plateau cause I don't go to the preseasons, and I like the idea of underprivileged kids getting an opportunity to attend.  But I'd like my reward points for the donation.  I'm hoping that gets done before the summer. It would be appreciated.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's a real rewards program, it's all about making the gameday experience better.  It's not about a better quality mug or a $34 reduction off of next year's ticket bill.

SAR I

The only way to make the gameday experience better is to WIN THE DAMN GAME . **** everything else !!!!!!!

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I like the end zone and they are row 1 if the guy doesn't change his mind.

Hey if u like them who am I to say if they are good for u or not. I will say this, row 1 with 0 elevation is rough. U can't see much other then what's right in front of u. U watch 75% of the game on Jumbotron. I sat row 2 endzone for a game last year. Very disappointed. Elevation is necessary in this stadium, but my big complain about the new stadium is all the mezzanine or just way too far from the field. If you're going to go Endzone I would recommend you get it least row 15. That little bit of elevation helps.

6 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

Hey if u like them who am I to say if they are good for u or not. I will say this, row 1 with 0 elevation is rough. U can't see much other then what's right in front of u. U watch 75% of the game on Jumbotron. I sat row 2 endzone for a game last year. Very disappointed. Elevation is necessary in this stadium, but my big complain about the new stadium is all the mezzanine or just way too far from the field. If you're going to go Endzone I would recommend you get it least row 15. That little bit of elevation helps.

I was offered an opportunity to move my 3 seats 5-6 yards closer to midfield.  But it would have meant moving down from row 16 to row 11.  Row 16 is just above the halfway point in the lower sidelines (31 rows).  We are above the rolling camera man, and frankly, the distance feels perfect.  My old 5 seats in row 30 at 135 were just a bit farther from the field than I wanted.  Staying put in row 16 on the 32 yard line for 2016..  

14 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

i like row 1,thanks

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I were you invited to this dinner or were you home eating a bag of stale pretzels like the rest of us. :D

Twas not invited.  I was invited a few years back to a preview of the training facility and I couldn't make it, and then I was invited to unfurl the American flag on the field but that was for a Monday night game when I was in Hong Kong and couldn't make it.  So perhaps because I'm 0-2 on the invites I'm not on the callback list.

SAR I

Archived