Bowles: “I Think we Need Help Everywhere”

JetNation

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

No. It was mentioned many times in the press, but most of all we have (drumroll), TWO full years and TWO administrations, including one that had 50 million dollars at his disposal, and still NO ONE has managed to get him signed.

So regardless of what you haven't heard Mo's agents talk about, and there not going to BTW, it's time to do some "reading between the lines". It's time to figure out how you see this team going into the 2016 season. Mo doesn't care that he's getting franchised because he's going to get a one year contract for the kind of money he believes he's worth. But make no mistake about it, Mo is on crack if he thinks he's worth JJ Watt money. Now, with seasons gone by of attempting to sign and no dice, I say lets tag and trade him. We're NEVER going to sign him and it's better to get something for him.

It's mind numbing that the Jets can overpay for other players yet can't get a deal done for Mo.. To me there is only one reason and it's not because the Jets are cheap..

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

It's mind numbing that the Jets can overpay for other players yet can't get a deal done for Mo.. To me there is only one reason and it's not because the Jets are cheap..

i wonder if mccags believed they'd get an extension done when he took over the team, but then after the draft the thinking changed.  he also didn't think he'd be paying fitz this year either, so that's another factor.  

i think we will hear rumors they are shopping him at indy and seeing what the haul could be for him, knowing they want youth/speed at linebacker and definitely need youth on the offensive line.

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I think Bowles offered enough explanation a while ago:

He's only 25 all season this year, plenty of time to make a career.

So he was knocking the rust off for f*cking half the GD season???? When does anyone see BS talk for what it is. Does ANYONE on this site have a BS detector? Because I've got to tell you, mine has been going mental with all this 100% CRAP the CS is trying to tell everyone.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i wonder if mccags believed they'd get an extension done when he took over the team, but then after the draft the thinking changed.  he also didn't think he'd be paying fitz this year either, so that's another factor.  

i think we will hear rumors they are shopping him at indy and seeing what the haul could be for him, knowing they want youth/speed at linebacker and definitely need youth on the offensive line.

I think if Mo is just looking for a fair deal his agent should talk to the media and say we are looking for something like other players with similar stats to Mo have received.. However I don't believe that is what they are looking for. Mo saw Revis get 39 million guaranteed and wants something similar if not even more.. 

I think if Mo is just looking for a fair deal his agent should talk to the media and say we are looking for something like other players with similar stats to Mo have received.. However I don't believe that is what they are looking for. Mo saw Revis get 39 million guaranteed and wants something similar if not even more.. 

mo knows someone will pay, and that the jets may not value him as much as other teams now that they have williams and would likely keep snacks if they dealt mo.  

if the jets dealt mo to the raiders for their 14th pick in the 1st and a pick in a later round and took darron lee, that would really help the defense as they desperately need a linebacker who can stick with a running back and blitz opposite mauldin.  

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Well maybe if mo's agent cared what you think, he might do that

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You and I agree on this 100%. It was mentioned on SNY long ago how they hoped that the Jets could get Mo signed, but that Mo wanted JJ Watt money and he simply was not worth that kind of money. The whole cast thought 9 to 11 million per season was a fair amount for Mo. That was before the 2015 season and still they haven't gotten anything done. The cast mentioned how the Jets had offered 7 years 70 million of which Mo refused. Then, they came back and offered 7 years and 80 million. Still Mo said no. Mo wants a 100 million dollar contract and I'm sorry, he simply is NOT worth that kind of money.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm old enough to remember when we had the best players in the league at every position but we were doomed if we didn't give DRC $50 mil.

The killing shot of Rex Ryan, not signing DRC who lead the Giants to #32 in the leauge in pass defense last year.  Thanks Idzik!

8 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

So he was knocking the rust off for f*cking half the GD season???? When does anyone see BS talk for what it is. Does ANYONE on this site have a BS detector? Because I've got to tell you, mine has been going mental with all this 100% CRAP the CS is trying to tell everyone.

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I think if Mo is just looking for a fair deal his agent should talk to the media and say we are looking for something like other players with similar stats to Mo have received.However I don't believe that is what they are looking for. Mo saw Revis get 39 million guaranteed and wants something similar if not even more.. 

It's so weird to know you guys are serious, like you actually couldn't be more serious. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Oh come on, we are OWED being pandered to. Wilkerson not getting that shows his insatiable greed. I'm just coming at you scientifically and logically.

Why is it so hard for Mo and his agent to come out and make a case for what they want?? Getting the fans on their side would be a plus would it not?? Revis always did as did many others..

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Why is it so hard for Mo and his agent to come out and make a case for what they want?? Getting the fans on their side would be a plus would it not?? Revis always did as did many others..

Probably because they prefer to handle their negotiations like professionals 

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

It's pointless to argue Savage, They've made their minds that it's NOT Mo's fault that they have not reached a deal. It's the big bad old meanie cheap prick Jets that have deprived of the money he so richly deserves.

But in the end, the tell tale sign is for everyone to see what he's getting paid by the team that trades for him. That will show that Mo simply wanted too much. And that time is coming much sooner than later.

Not at all no, they're not worth nearly the effort to turn since they won't be paying him. Revis never had the fans on his side either, there isn't a player looking for money that gets fans on their sides. The whole Mevis thing, remember? It's not even a little worth the time.

I'd love to know THO....Why do you feel he and his agent should feel obligated to appeal to you and others like you? What do they gain? 

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

I'm still looking for this elusive quote that Mo, or his agents, have ever mentioned JJ Watt money. Ever.

From my memory, it was Sheldon Richardson that advocated paying Mo JJ Watt money. No one else. 

How about "signing Mo to a reasonable contract commensurate with his abilities and importance to the team" as an option that IS available to this team?

Thank you!!!

Jets fans are notorious for saying this just like Braylon Edwards.  Because a person says something on an Internet forum doesn't make it so.   

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I forget, were the fans calling him mevi$ or greedvis?

Beloved, they called him Beloved. There was nothing that made fans more proud and happy than when Revis signed his last 3 deals. They love it when he and others got paid, almost literally decades of work paying off. 

Wilkerson has been a quiet guy his whole career.  While Sean Gilbert's opinions about his nephew Revis were well-documented, its not Wilkerson's style to make himself the "bad guy".  So of course he's not going to appeal to the media or fans to get more money.  Meanwhile, I don't think it is Macc's style to say much to the media either.

Sounds like a professional player negotiating with a professionally-run front office.  Something to be happy about, no?  The less we hear about it, the better, and there's of course still plenty of time to get a deal done.  Especially if he gets franchise tagged, as expected.  We'd have until some time in July to work out a deal when that happens.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilkerson has been a quiet guy his whole career.  While Sean Gilbert's opinions about his nephew Revis were well-documented, its not Wilkerson's style to make himself the "bad guy".  So of course he's not going to appeal to the media or fans to get more money.  Meanwhile, I don't think it is Macc's style to say much to the media either.

Sounds like a professional player negotiating with a professionally-run front office.  Something to be happy about, no?  The less we hear about it, the better, and there's of course still plenty of time to get a deal done.  Especially if he gets franchise tagged, as expected.  We'd have until some time in July to work out a deal when that happens.

Well put. In this case, "no news is good news." I hope!

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I really like Mo. But when you've got 2 guys like Richardson and Williams, it just doesn't make sense. 

Put it this way. Say we had two 2nd round picks this year and Mo wasn't already on the team. We have Richardson who, despite his off-field antics in 2015, is pretty damn good, and then they just drafted Williams #6 in the country and despite his young age he didn't disappoint either as he started every game. Now, would you the GM, with that already on your roster, trade away #1 or #2 pick so you could pick up a 3rd DE when you already have 2 on the roster, and then award him a long contract at $15M/season? I don't know if there are 2 GMs in the NFL (if there are even that many) who would do that.

Meanwhile, I don't think it is Macc's style to say much to the media either.

Didn't he just say he'd franchise tag Snacks (at some $13.4M for 1 season) if the Mo situation was resolved? I didn't see/hear him say it, but someone posted it here yesterday. 

20 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

If you can't get to the playoffs with a QB that throws 31 TD's in 15 starts and is a multiple AFC offensive player of the week, then you need a lot of help in other areas.

Fitzy kind of lost the Jets that last game. He reverted back to his old panicky ways, especially that int in the end zone. No way that ball gets thrown if he is in midseason mindset and form. Hell, he might have even run the damn thing in. But the question was the Jets needing help at all positions. I couldn't agree more. Teams need to improve ever year just to stay competitive, so yeah to that Bowles.

16 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Fitzy kind of lost the Jets that last game. He reverted back to his old panicky ways, especially that int in the end zone. No way that ball gets thrown if he is in midseason mindset and form. Hell, he might have even run the damn thing in. But the question was the Jets needing help at all positions. I couldn't agree more. Teams need to improve ever year just to stay competitive, so yeah to that Bowles.

played 2 bad games vs. bills last year.  definitely need to beat them at least once.

This really is a pointless argument. Why people are constantly trying to argue Mo should be resigned when he hasn't (and they know WHY if they bother to look past their own noses)never ceases to amaze me.

TWO administrations have not gotten anything done with Mo. Including one that had 50 million dollars at their disposal.

Sorry people but it's time to use a little COMMON SENSE, LOGIC, DEDUCTIVE REASONING, and find out WHY he has not been resigned.

But like I already posted, this is going to end only ONE way, (Unless Mo suddenly decides to change his money demands and I very seriously doubt he will), Mo will be tagged and traded. Mo will probably get this incredible, over inflated, albatross contract from someone, but that someone will NOT be the NYJ. You will see by what Mo signs for that very clearly HE wanted way too much money and the NYJ made every effort to get him signed in good faith. Only to be turned down each and every time by a guy that thinks he's worth f*cking JJ Watt money?!

The Jets will get a few first day picks for Mo and I believe that is the best that they could've hoped for.

Archived