Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

Just now, EM31 said:

Would anyone here care to hazard a guess at what the market would pay for Geno right now if he got cut?  Or better yet, where the market would have been if he was cut at the end of last year?

The Jets are currently paying him $1 million thats $ 1 million more than Fitzpatrick is getting paid. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JetsFanatic said:

No sorry, he only won 3 games, he sucks. I don't hear excuses, just like you don't want hear the defense sucked in Buffalo week 17, it was on Fitz.

Geno was a 3rd year QB on 1 team not on 6 teams in 11 years. 

Why is it teams dont lock up Fitzpatrick long term if he's so damn good. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The QB who "played well" never had as productive a season as Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez is tied for the best Playoff record in Jets history. Fitz never even played a down in the playoffs. And Denver decided to trade for Sanchez rather than Sign Fitzpatrick. haha! 

Geno won 8 games his rookie season. It took 11 years for Fitz to finally get over 6 wins. 

Lay off the bullsh*t. 

Mark Sanchez was nightmarish as a starting Qb. And those playoff Ws were 6 years ago an eternity in the NFL and he was ok not that good. So I guess you were one of those people who were criticizing Elway for not winning a Super Bowl until he won two of them. And Ted Williams sucked because his Red Sox teams didn't make the playoffs. It's not a smart argument especially considering the mediocre teams that Fitz played for.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Fitz gave us a great year last year and I appreciate it, that said, he is not worth anything near what he is asking for.  It was a career year for him, don't know if he can duplicate it.

Understood.  Personally I think it was pretty much what we could expect from a veteran Fitzpatrick with a better team around him than he had ever had.  Not good enough to take a team on his shoulders and carry them across the finish line IMO but significantly better than the guy he replaced.

Given the schedule this year and the fact that I do not think we were in with any kind of a live shot anyway (too many problems elsewhere), I am fine with Geno getting the starting gig in 2016 while we see what we have with the kids.  I just don't see any point in trying to diminish how well Fitz did play last year nor to try and inflate Geno's contributions the year before which were jusr appallingly bad.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We'll take this as a compliment and pretend like we dont sense the trolling sarcasm. :-) 

Trust me, we knew you'd do this before you knew you'd do it lol. Aint that right @joewilly12

No sarcasm at all, when your on the same page with joewilly12, you know your on the right path!! I've done a 180, Geno is fng awesome!

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Mark Sanchez was nightmarish as a starting Qb. And those playoff Ws were 6 years ago an eternity in the NFL and he was ok not that good. So I guess you were one of those people who were criticizing Elway for not winning a Super Bowl until he won two of them. And Ted Williams sucked because his Red Sox teams didn't make the playoffs. It's not a smart argument especially considering the mediocre teams that Fitz played for.

The bigger nightmare is not being in the Super Bowl since 1969 Mark Sanchez almost made it 2 times in back to back seasons does Fitz have anything remotely close on his resume.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Geno was a 3rd year QB on 1 team not on 6 teams in 11 years. 

Why is it teams dont lock up Fitzpatrick long term if he's so damn good. 

First off, I appreciate what Fitz did last year, he gave us a great year.  That said, I wouldn't pay Fitz anywhere near what he is asking.  He had a career year that he may never duplicate. There is a part of me that says let Geno, Hackenberg and Petty compete for the starting job.  It's risky , but it may be our best option.  I would bring Fitz back at a reasonable rate only.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets are currently paying him $1 million thats $ 1 million more than Fitzpatrick is getting paid. 

So if Fitz comes in a 8 million does that make Fitz eight times better then Geno if the market says he is?

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Understood.  Personally I think it was pretty much what we could expect from a veteran Fitzpatrick with a better team around him than he had ever had.  Not good enough to take a team on his shoulders and carry them across the finish line IMO but significantly better than the guy he replaced.

Given the schedule this year and the fact that I do not think we were in with any kind of a live shot anyway (too many problems elsewhere), I am fine with Geno getting the starting gig in 2016 while we see what we have with the kids.  I just don't see any point in trying to diminish how well Fitz did play last year nor to try and inflate Geno's contributions the year before which were jusr appallingly bad.

Nice post.

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

And Fitzpatrick was nightmarish when it mattered. He played bad against his old teams, doing nothing against the Texans and their 3rd string QB and getting swept by the Bills where in all three games (Texans, Bills twice) he couldnt put up more than 17 points and with the playoffs on the line threw 3 picks in the 4th quarter to end our season. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick went 1-6 last year against teams that scored 21 or more points. He's lost 92% of those games the past 4 years and has a career percentage of 84% failure rate. I dont care what you want to say about mark sanchez or Geno Smith. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a backup with currently no job because, unlike most fans, Macc (and Elway/any other team that needed a QB) knows better. Fitz never had a respectable season without Chan Gailey. It sounds to me like the person that should ACTUALLY get the credit is Chan Gailey. 

So you can keep making this argument all you like, but it wont change the fact that Macc had every opportunity to accept what Fitz would take and has refused to do it. Macc had the opportunity to franchise Fitz, he decided to franchise Wilk. Macc had the opportunity to trade Will for crumbs just to say he got something in return and sign Fitz to 15 mill per. He decided to keep Wilk and draft Hackenberg. Macc could have pushed contracts into the future with other players in order to make room for Fitz. Macc decided to name Geno the starter. 

Like I said, lay off the bullsh*t. 

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

No sarcasm at all, when your on the same page with joewilly12, you know your on the right path!! I've done a 180, Geno is fng awesome!

No sarcasm. Maybe you have changed your ways ever since Max had to check you a day or two ago for your trolling. 

Maybe you did learn something from that! Good to know you're behaving now. :-) 

15 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

First off, I appreciate what Fitz did last year, he gave us a great year.  That said, I wouldn't pay Fitz anywhere near what he is asking.  He had a career year that he may never duplicate. There is a part of me that says let Geno, Hackenberg and Petty compete for the starting job.  It's risky , but it may be our best option.  I would bring Fitz back at a reasonable rate only.

Damn. When you know Jet fans have been deprived of an actual quarterback!

"Great"? lol. Thats obviously a joke. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No sarcasm. Maybe you have changed your ways ever since Max had to check you a day or two ago for your trolling. 

Maybe you did learn something from that! Good to know you're behaving now. :-) 

Yep, since getting checked by Max, I'm done trolling, I now see clearly, Geno is the man! 

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

The Jets were in hell...4-12 before Fitz. They can easily go back there.

You mean, the Jets were 4-12 before Marshall, Mauldin, Revis, Skrine, Cromartie, Williams, Ghilchrist, Bowles, Gailey, Macc, etc, etc, etc. 

Fitz really getting that credit huh???? lol. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

You mean, the Jets were 4-12 before Marshall, Mauldin, Revis, Skrine, Cromartie, Williams, Ghilchrist, Bowles, Gailey, Macc, etc, etc, etc. 

Fitz really getting that credit huh???? lol. 

Uh, yeah.

You honestly dont think he had a bunch to do with our offense production last season?

3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Uh, yeah.

You honestly dont think he had a bunch to do with our offense production last season?

Well, he had a portion to do with the offensive production, though I would give most of the credit to Chan Gailey since its a fact that Fitzpatrick has never looked anywhere near competent unless in a Gailey system. How about giving the credit to Chan Gailey? 

And I would give Fitz zero production on defense last year. I'll give that one to guys like Revis, Skrine, Williams, the other Williams (marcus) and Todd Bowles. 

to say the Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 because of Fitz is ridiculous. Trust me, if that was truly the case we'd be 11-5 and in the playoffs because he wouldnt have ended the season throwing 3 picks in Buffalo. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, he had a portion to do with the offensive production, though I would give most of the credit to Chan Gailey since its a fact that Fitzpatrick has never looked anywhere near competent unless in a Gailey system. 

And I would give Fitz zero production on defense last year. I'll give that one to guys like Revis, Skrine, Williams, the other Williams (marcus) and Todd Bowles. 

to say the Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6 because of Fitz is ridiculous. Trust me, if that was truly the case we'd be 11-5 and in the playoffs because he wouldnt have ended the season throwing 3 picks in Buffalo. 

Having prolonged drives actually did help out the D, they had time to rest.

Out of everything that changed, Fitz gave the team leadership, and a legit NFL offense. Other factors/players played a part in the season for sure, but diminishing Fitz as a huge reason for the turnaround is silly.

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

It is no less intellectually dishonest than many/most of the arguments being presented on the other side.

What the coaching staff really feels about Geno can be discerned pretty easily by how they treated him AFTER the issues with his jaw.  If Gen really was killing it on the practice field (before OR after) then I think we would have seen a very different approach by the front office towards him.  As it is I think Geno needs to send Fitz a Rolex or something substantial because he is going to get another crack at being a starting NFL QB as a result of the negotiating stance taken by Fitzpatrick. 

Putting Geno aside completely, since I'm talking about Fitz, it's hard to argue that the team would have put forth that defensive performance and would have won wi Fitzpatrick at QB. And even if they would have (which is a hard sell to say the least), then it's his fault for getting injured for no good reason. He didn't get hurt on a sack or trying to score. He was trying to get a few extra yards after he'd already run for the first down. So it's either on him or it's on the defense, because Oakland didn't run up the score on pick 6's or fumble 6's. 

I think they see Geno as physically talented (so "there's a chance" in the Dumb & Dumber sense), but ultimately they see him as a known quantity, cheap, and disposable. They're buying time until Hackenberg (or I suppose Petty) sees the field. Geno is cheap, has starter experience, and there's no dilemma to bench him again when the time is right. Plus if he is at least so-so it'll only help the comp pick they'll get in '18. And if come October he's a disaster and neither of the other two can be put onto the field, they'll make a midsession trade for Glennon or another. 

Poor Fitz will swallow his pride and they'll bring him back, which takes the pressure off the FO so they won't be second-guessed so badly even when (on the field) Fitz shows why no one offered up much of anything for him. 

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

yes, it was quite fun, I enjoyed it too. Lol. 

Sure you did. But hey, as of right now, guys like@Colgateman , @joewilly12 and myself are laughing the loudest at your expense. 

However, things like this are always short lived and soon I'll do something stupid and you'll laugh at me....loudly. 

Atleast your skin is thicker than some of the other trolls around here. I can atleast say you have my respect given how you just handled my online assault without getting all pissy about it.

Now let me get back to ignoring you before I actually try to befriend you or something! :-) 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Kinda like polling five people and deciding Donald Trump will win the Presidency in a landside, eh.

Or touting the two games Geno played with the immortal P Harvin as the equalizer to Marshall. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sure you did. But hey, as of right now, guys like@Colgateman , @joewilly12 and myself are laughing the loudest at your expense. 

However, things like this are always short lived and soon I'll do something stupid and you'll laugh at me....loudly. 

Atleast your skin is thicker than some of the other trolls around here. I can atleast say you have my respect given how you just handled my online assault without getting all pissy about it.

Now let me get back to ignoring you before I actually try to befriend you or something! :-) 

Crap! You guys are laughing at my expense?? Well, I'm just going to crawl under my bed and lick my under side. The good thing is I now know Geno is awesome!! Thanks guys, perspective is very important.

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Joewilly12 and Villan sitting in a tree, k I s s I n g, first comes love, than comes marriage, than comes Geno In a baby carriage.

so jealous of Villan, JoeWilly, why do Elton let everyone else in so easily and make me work? I love Geno now, can I get in?

Hey @joewilly12 , look who wants in on our  "bromance" lmao! 

635907289742323557-1545621083_Bromance.j

Archived