Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post-draft free agency is underway, so let's update the New York Jets' list of free agents :

Ryan Fitzpatrick, quarterback : You may have heard that he's locked in a staredown with the Jets. They say they want him back, but the two sides are far apart on a new contract. People who know Fitzpatrick believe he's not going to budge on his demands. If neither side moves, the opening-day quarterback probably will be Geno Smith. Fitzpatrick has no other suitors.

rest of above article : 

>  http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/60315/tracking-ryan-fitzpatrick-mo-wilkerson-and-jets-other-free-agents

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not posing it as an argument. I'm using it as an example of what hasn't happened... which your last sentence reinforces.

Historical evidence suggests that Fitz can't be the QB that wins against teams that score points. However, it doesn't prove it. That is the beauty of the NFL, you never truly know what combination of people and confluence of events will result in. Until it happens.

Either way, I feel like you guys are working harder to keep the argument going than it's worth. I guess that's my point.

That's what makes it a straw man argument. $16M/year for 5 years was never even requested by Fitzpatrick.

It is historical evidence, and it's more damning evidence than you're likely to find on any player. There is no such thing as proof of what cannot happen in the future. Can you prove Geno Smith won't throw 50 TDs this season, or wouldn't have done so last year? I can't prove it until after the events have passed. Yet without that benefit of hindsight, I still know this would never and will never happen. And so do you.

If Fitzpatrick had started to change his career trend last year then it would be reasonable to indulge in such fantasies of Fitzpatrick the winner gunslinger. 

The "argument going" is perpetuated by so many who keep repeating the number of games we won with him as QB last year, in the most ideal of circumstances, and repeat it as though it is a sign of good things likely to come when not in those ideal circumstances, if we were to only bring him back again this year. I don't see you working overtime to be so dismissive of that side.

39 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This could be about not just a salary impasse but Fitz just wanting an extended vacation or the Jets needing more time to find cap space for him. But again the 16 mil figures we're hearing just give the haters more ammunition to shoot down re-signing the guy. It's a silly number and probably false. Maybe 16 guaranteed over 2 years. Which isn't unreasonable but not 16 per. 

So every report of the 2 sides being far apart, despite the Jets offering up nearly $10M/year, is just hogwash. Lol it was just re-reported again this morning. 

Because you do not want something to be so does not cease to make it so.

And lol at the juvenile "haters" comment. I want what's best for the Jets long-term and paying this man like he's a good starting QB is foolishness. If they liked him that much they should have extended him last year mid-season. Likewise, if he wants to get paid that much he shouldn't have turned every defensive letdown into his Geno Smith impersonation.

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So every report of the 2 sides being far apart, despite the Jets offering up nearly $10M/year, is just hogwash. Lol it was just re-reported again this morning. 

Because you do not want something to be so does not cease to make it so.

And lol at the juvenile "haters" comment. I want what's best for the Jets long-term and paying this man like he's a good starting QB is foolishness. If they liked him that much they should have extended him last year mid-season. Likewise, if he wants to get paid that much he shouldn't have turned every defensive letdown into his Geno Smith impersonation.

Look, there are no bonafide reports on the exact money figures in the real discussions between Fitz and the Jets just speculation. The reports of 16 per don't make sense. Why would he ask for a figure like this when he clearly doesn't have a body of work that equates to that. It's probably either smoke or some reporter made it up. And because he has the same agent as Osweiler assumed he was holding out for a similar deal. If you want to believe it fine. But it just fits the narrative of Fitz haters who portray him as a greedy bastard and a mediocre Qb. He was one of the better Qbs in the NFL last year and Bowles I think said it right: that Fitz had found the right landing spot. And sometimes it takes years for this to happen. I can't understand Jets fans wanting to get rid of the guy. It's not logical. A good org does not jettison their starting Qb after a good year. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Losing streak also coincided with Marshall playing through an injury, Decker playing nicked up, Calvin Pryor being out, Powell being out, Ivory wearing down after a month of football, and every guy that tried to be the #3 WR looking like crap. Fitz was good for this team, but obviously we all know he's not good enough to compensate for every bit of adversity. The only QB in the league that seems able to do that is Brady. Even Rodgers and Luck had bad years when the adversity piled up high enough.

you need to stop everyone here knows its all about the QB

5 hours ago, slats said:

Conversely, it would be nuts to redo a bunch of contracts -or rescind Mo's tag- just to sign a career journeyman who's more likely than not to regress to his mean. And that's the big difference, the Jets simply don't have the money to pay Fitzpatrick. Overpaying him for what the team hopes is one year, or less, of service is also bad business.

Maccagnan's job would absolutely not be on the line if he stuck to his fiscal principles and ran with Geno this year. Why? Because like Fitz, Geno is not his proposed solution to the Jets never-ending QB saga - Hackenberg is. In fact, because of all of that player love for Fitz, it may actually be easier to go with Geno because a slumping Geno will be much easier to bench than a slumping Fitzpatrick. And they'd probably like to get a look at Petty or Hack this season. Saving that money to build around his QB of the future instead of spending on the QB of his (soon to be?) past makes a lot of financial sense. 

Fitzpatrick fell into a perfect storm last year. Easiest schedule in the league, and a very healthy supporting cast that seemed to face teams when they were hindered most by injuries (see the Colts game). Excessively mild weather that didn't help to expose his weak arm - until that fateful last game in Buffalo revealed exactly what caliber pea-shooter he's slinging. All of that is highly unlikely to repeat. 

And while I don't particularly like Geno Smith, and will not miss him at all when he's gone, I'm also not closing the door on the possibility of him playing better under Gailey. You know, the way other sub-par QBs like Kordell Stewart, Tyler Thigpen, and Ryan Fitzpatrick have. 

Fitz did what he did last year with 2 WR's no TE and one RB who could catch the football yet was hurt for most of the year. This year with the addition of Forte, Robinson, and a healthy Powell and Amaro you some how see a regression based on what you think might be linked to an easy schedule last year ? Just so you know, the Jets happen to be a good football team and are fully capable of winning games vs better competition.

I look for a better year from Fitz based on the ability to check down rather than force the ball to Marshall which will make the offense that much more unpredictable. Not to mention a better LT who can actually block . Lets not forget we may also see a nice spike in special teams, something that lost us 2 games last year with poor play but I guess that was Fitz fault as well along with untimely drops and fumbles.

Its mind bogglingly stupid to bitch about a QB who threw 31 TDs ran for 2 more at key points in those games, cut down the sacks and fumbles and Ints by a large margin because he got rid of the ball with good pre snap reads ON A TEAM that has had piss poor QB play for a decade.

I'm not sure what the fans of this team want, maybe a regular season warrior like Peyton Manning who missed out on numerous SB's because his supporting cast sucked. Have a Look at the elite NFL QB situation and the teams they play on, NONE of the so called Elite QB's are able to over come extensive team weaknesses in the playoffs. They appeal to the Idiot Jets fans because they win games yet get exposed in the playoffs. Did anyone bother to watch Cam Newton revert to poor play in the SB ? Did anyone see that big wind up when he got hit and fumbled ? Great season but just not enough to get past what really wins SB's and that's great defense or a great Running game that keeps the ball away from the so called great QB's. In our run to the AFCCG 2 years in a row we did it with great defense and a running game and a bad QB. Now while Sanchez played good in the playoffs it was our defense that fell down and we lost.

This current Jets team is rounding out nicely and Fitz can be a very good QB in this system when for the first time in his career he finally had some talent to work with. In other good years he had with Buffalo, his team became decimated with injuries losing most of their skill players yet somehow in the Idiot world of the Jet fan this was Fitz fault.

If the stupidity of Jets fans are ok with throwing next year away to play Geno then they deserve everything they get with squandering what little might be left of some of the 30 year olds on this roster. IMO we have about a two year window to compete before we have to get rid of guys like Marshall,Forte, Mangold and lose guys like Revis and Harris on defense to age. But yeah lets forget all that and put the franchise on Geno the Idiots shoulders . Because we are the Jets and this is what we do,

Contrary to what you might think, if the Jets, with the talent we have at the age it currently is  we go into the season with Geno and he sh*ts the bed which is a very good chance we  will once again be labeled SAME OLD JETS and be the laughing stock of the NFL right there with the Cleveland's of the world.

49 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, there are no bonafide reports on the exact money figures in the real discussions between Fitz and the Jets just speculation. The reports of 16 per don't make sense. Why would he ask for a figure like this when he clearly doesn't have a body of work that equates to that. It's probably either smoke or some reporter made it up. And because he has the same agent as Osweiler assumed he was holding out for a similar deal. If you want to believe it fine. But it just fits the narrative of Fitz haters who portray him as a greedy bastard and a mediocre Qb. He was one of the better Qbs in the NFL last year and Bowles I think said it right: that Fitz had found the right landing spot. And sometimes it takes years for this to happen. I can't understand Jets fans wanting to get rid of the guy. It's not logical. A good org does not jettison their starting Qb after a good year. 

Lol

So what is it you imagine has been offered and rejected by each side, since you doubt every leak that's come out for months because you have a better handle on the real negotiation. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol

So what is it you imagine has been offered and rejected by each side, since you doubt every leak that's come out for months because you have a better handle on the real negotiation. 

Not 16 per year. But I don't know and that number seems unrealistic. I think it's all about number of years and guaranteed money but just a guess. I think it'll get done at least I hope so. If you don't want to give Fitz credit ok but it was our most productive offense in years. Why change a good thing. 

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Fitz did what he did last year with 2 WR's no TE and one RB who could catch the football yet was hurt for most of the year. This year with the addition of Forte, Robinson, and a healthy Powell and Amaro you some how see a regression based on what you think might be linked to an easy schedule last year ? Just so you know, the Jets happen to be a good football team and are fully capable of winning games vs better competition.

I look for a better year from Fitz based on the ability to check down rather than force the ball to Marshall which will make the offense that much more unpredictable. Not to mention a better LT who can actually block . Lets not forget we may also see a nice spike in special teams, something that lost us 2 games last year with poor play but I guess that was Fitz fault as well along with untimely drops and fumbles.

Its mind bogglingly stupid to bitch about a QB who threw 31 TDs ran for 2 more at key points in those games, cut down the sacks and fumbles and Ints by a large margin because he got rid of the ball with good pre snap reads ON A TEAM that has had piss poor QB play for a decade.

I'm not sure what the fans of this team want, maybe a regular season warrior like Peyton Manning who missed out on numerous SB's because his supporting cast sucked. Have a Look at the elite NFL QB situation and the teams they play on, NONE of the so called Elite QB's are able to over come extensive team weaknesses in the playoffs. They appeal to the Idiot Jets fans because they win games yet get exposed in the playoffs. Did anyone bother to watch Cam Newton revert to poor play in the SB ? Did anyone see that big wind up when he got hit and fumbled ? Great season but just not enough to get past what really wins SB's and that's great defense or a great Running game that keeps the ball away from the so called great QB's. In our run to the AFCCG 2 years in a row we did it with great defense and a running game and a bad QB. Now while Sanchez played good in the playoffs it was our defense that fell down and we lost.

This current Jets team is rounding out nicely and Fitz can be a very good QB in this system when for the first time in his career he finally had some talent to work with. In other good years he had with Buffalo, his team became decimated with injuries losing most of their skill players yet somehow in the Idiot world of the Jet fan this was Fitz fault.

If the stupidity of Jets fans are ok with throwing next year away to play Geno then they deserve everything they get with squandering what little might be left of some of the 30 year olds on this roster. IMO we have about a two year window to compete before we have to get rid of guys like Marshall,Forte, Mangold and lose guys like Revis and Harris on defense to age. But yeah lets forget all that and put the franchise on Geno the Idiots shoulders . Because we are the Jets and this is what we do,

Contrary to what you might think, if the Jets, with the talent we have at the age it currently is  we go into the season with Geno and he sh*ts the bed which is a very good chance we  will once again be labeled SAME OLD JETS and be the laughing stock of the NFL right there with the Cleveland's of the world.

So the gist of this rant is...  you think Ryan Fitzpatrick can win a Super Bowl with this Jets team? 

Cool. 

40 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

OH sh*t!!! Duck!!!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Not 16 per year. But I don't know and that number seems unrealistic. I think it's all about number of years and guaranteed money but just a guess. I think it'll get done at least I hope so. If you don't want to give Fitz credit ok but it was our most productive offense in years. Why change a good thing. 

That isn't an answer. That is a cop-out answer.

What do you think Fitzpatrick would surely accept?

23 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That isn't an answer. That is a cop-out answer.

What do you think Fitzpatrick would surely accept?

Why a cop out. I can guess or speculate but no way I'm going on the board and quote this as fact and say that Fitz is a greedy bastard for asking over market. But since we're guessing I'd say he'd accept a 2 year for 22 and 16 guaranteed. I'm not into low balling my starting Qb.

2 hours ago, kelly said:

Post-draft free agency is underway, so let's update the New York Jets' list of free agents :

Ryan Fitzpatrick, quarterback : You may have heard that he's locked in a staredown with the Jets. They say they want him back, but the two sides are far apart on a new contract. People who know Fitzpatrick believe he's not going to budge on his demands. If neither side moves, the opening-day quarterback probably will be Geno Smith. Fitzpatrick has no other suitors.

rest of above article : 

>  http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/60315/tracking-ryan-fitzpatrick-mo-wilkerson-and-jets-other-free-agents

Awesome!  Been a BS day but any news of letting Fitz walk is always great to hear.  

People who know him think he won't budge?  Hopefully Macc just makes the decision soon so we're not waiting 'till August.

Stick to your guns Fitz!  10mil+ or retire.  Don't let the Jets sign you for cheaper.  You're worth it.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Awesome!  Been a BS day but any news of letting Fitz walk is always great to hear.  

People who know him think he won't budge?  Hopefully Macc just makes the decision soon so we're not waiting 'till August.

Stick to your guns Fitz!  10mil+ or retire.  Don't let the Jets sign you for cheaper.  You're worth it.

Look who you're quoting, a jerkoff like Cimini. The only guy less connected than him now that Rex is gone is Mehta. There is not one iota of fact in this. He says something ambigous like "people who know Fitzpatrick..." This is nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Why a cop out. I can guess or speculate but no way I'm going on the board and quote this as fact and say that Fitz is a greedy bastard for asking over market. But since we're guessing I'd say he'd accept a 2 year for 22 and 16 guaranteed. I'm not into low balling my starting Qb.

I didn't ask for a fact. I asked for your guess.

You think that $7-9M/year is an insult?

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

You think that $7-9M/year is an insult?

I never said it was an insult. You're putting words in my mouth. 9 mil isn't that bad but are they offering him a second year and how much guaranteed. If he'll take 11 I'd do it. Sure the team wants to cut it under that probably but for a couple of million I sign the dude. But if he really wants 16 mil then arrivaderci and the return of Geno Smith (please no).

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Look who you're quoting, a jerkoff like Cimini. The only guy less connected than him now that Rex is gone is Mehta. There is not one iota of fact in this. He says something ambigous like "people who know Fitzpatrick..." This is nonsense. 

True.  Had to ruin my enjoyment, didn't ya?

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I never said it was an insult. You're putting words in my mouth. 9 mil isn't that bad but are they offering him a second year and how much guaranteed. If he'll take 11 I'd do it. Sure the team wants to cut it under that probably but for a couple of million I sign the dude. But if he really wants 16 mil then arrivaderci and the return of Geno Smith (please no).

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I asked you a question, if you thought it was an insulting offer, based on your "lowballing" comment. You need to learn the difference between a question and a statement.

The words into peoples' mouths is you tagging anyone who feels he's asking for way too much is tantamount to calling him a "greedy bastard" -- now that is putting words in peoples' mouths. But it's ok when you do it.

And $11M per season on a 2 year deal is patently ridiculous for a QB like Fitzpatrick. He should get no more than his first year $ guaranteed. That is his value to this team and his value around the league at large (unless he's getting $4M/year again). The Jets do not and should not want to be tied to a stopgap for $11M to keep or $5M to cut in 2017. That is the whole point. And Fitzpatrick knows he will have a sharp decline in his numbers, which is among the reasons why he doesn't want just a 1 year contract to prove he can do it again.

22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Tom Brady likes to be low balled.

Just sayin'

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I asked you a question, if you thought it was an insulting offer, based on your "lowballing" comment. You need to learn the difference between a question and a statement.

The words into peoples' mouths is you tagging anyone who feels he's asking for way too much is tantamount to calling him a "greedy bastard" -- now that is putting words in peoples' mouths. But it's ok when you do it.

And $11M per season on a 2 year deal is patently ridiculous for a QB like Fitzpatrick. He should get no more than his first year $ guaranteed. That is his value to this team and his value around the league at large (unless he's getting $4M/year again). The Jets do not and should not want to be tied to a stopgap for $11M to keep or $5M to cut in 2017. That is the whole point. And Fitzpatrick knows he will have a sharp decline in his numbers, which is among the reasons why he doesn't want just a 1 year contract to prove he can do it again.

You asked my opinion, I gave it to you and then you say it's ridiculous. Well for a short term deal at 11 per with only 16 guaranteed it's below starter money.It it takes 2 mil (over 9) to sign the guy I'd pay it. IMO he gives us in 2016 our best chance to win and to make the playoffs. Last year was our best O in years. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You asked my opinion, I gave it to you and then you say it's ridiculous. Well for a short term deal at 11 per with only 16 guaranteed it's below starter money.It it takes 2 mil (over 9) to sign the guy I'd pay it. IMO he gives us in 2016 our best chance to win and to make the playoffs. Last year was our best O in years. 

Last year we played a bunch of dogsh*t who either had no defenses, couldn't score points, or both. To expect that to repeat, and to suggest that Fitzpatrick is the cause of those situations, is not wise IMO.

And yes I think it is ridiculous when the top offer around the league is no offer at all, and presumably would cap out at $5-7M for 1 year if anything was ever offered, one doesn't then offer that player $16M guaranteed.

We aren't winning a SB with him, this year or any other. Last year was his best chance and he pissed away multiple games with his late-game picks. The teams we need to get past to the SB are not the Browns, Titans, and Jaguars. We have to get past teams that actually put points on the board, and Fitz hasn't QB'd such a win since October of 2011.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Last year we played a bunch of dogsh*t who either had no defenses, couldn't score points, or both. To expect that to repeat, and to suggest that Fitzpatrick is the cause of those situations, is not wise IMO.

And yes I think it is ridiculous when the top offer around the league is no offer at all, and presumably would cap out at $5-7M for 1 year if anything was ever offered, one doesn't then offer that player $16M guaranteed.

We aren't winning a SB with him, this year or any other. Last year was his best chance and he pissed away multiple games with his late-game picks. The teams we need to get past to the SB are not the Browns, Titans, and Jaguars. We have to get past teams that actually put points on the board, and Fitz hasn't QB'd such a win since October of 2011.

You're making a lot of assumptions. Saying that we're not going to make the playoffs this season when we came pretty close. And you're making excuses for Ws. Saying we were a 10-6 because our opponents sucked. I disagree. I think we're in a great position to make the playoffs this year and if you get in a team can get hot. So I'll take the glass is half full POV. I'm not into being the eternal pessimist even though I'm a Jets fan. You don't let go of a Qb who led your best O in years over a few million bucks. If he wants 16 mil then you go to plan B. But right now he is Plan A. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

So the gist of this rant is...  you think Ryan Fitzpatrick can win a Super Bowl with this Jets team? 

Cool. 

Slats he gives us the best chance with what we currently have on the roster. Geno should be on the way out because after 2 abysmal seasons he still found a way to be an idiot and not act like a mature leader. Fitz is well liked by his teammates, they believe in him, and with what we saw last year and what we added this year he should only get better.

So lets say for arguments sake what we added this year truly makes our defense elite and puts major pressure on the Opposing QB's and all we really needed to be a damn good team was a solid ball control offense to complement that defense with a QB who protects the football and has shown he can come from behind and win close games. If we had that defense and went 8-8 because we chose Geno and he sh*t the bed once again what would you as a miserable Jets fan be saying to yourself ?

Lets take it a step further lets say our defense is so good we win in spite of Geno and we go into the playoffs would you be happy with Geno playing QB vs playoff caliber defenses ? Would you trust him not to make a completely boneheaded play costing us a lose and out playoff game ? What would you say to yourself then knowing we didn't sign Fitz for a few extra million ? In that respect what would Macc say to Woody ? Maybe what I said earlier about Macc's job being in jeopardy in such a scenario was a stretch but you can bet Woody would be furious if things did turn out that way as would the Fans.

Bottom line is I'm willing to pay Fitz 10-12 Mil and take that chance because the way this team is built and all the post 30 year olds we signed it would be insanely stupid to take any other chance so its Geno Smtih or a few extra mill for Fitz

Still can't believe Chicago got Hoyer for 2mil.  That would've been ideal instead of the possibility of paying Fitz 7mil+.

Could've started Geno.  Seen how he did the first half of the season (which will definitely be rough given the schedule) and if he was that bad:

1. Let Geno walk in 2017.
  2. Play Petty or Hack if ready.
  3. Have Hoyer ready to step in if Petty and Hack not ready.

The thought of signing Fitz, which I'd guess now would get done for 18mil over 2 years, is scary.  That's too much money not to start him.  So we stay mediocre, waste money on Fitz that could be spent on others and not get the opportunity to see what the young guys can do.

Really hope one (or more) of the three young guys can step-up and "wow" Macc n Bowles.  So then they just tell Fitz to accept 5mil per for 2 years or no deal.  I can live with paying Fitz 5mil to be a quality backup.

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're making a lot of assumptions. Saying that we're not going to make the playoffs this season when we came pretty close. And you're making excuses for Ws. Saying we were a 10-6 because our opponents sucked. I disagree. I think we're in a great position to make the playoffs this year and if you get in a team can get hot. So I'll take the glass is half full POV. I'm not into being the eternal pessimist even though I'm a Jets fan. You don't let go of a Qb who led your best O in years over a few million bucks. If he wants 16 mil then you go to plan B. But right now he is Plan A. 

You are making assumptions that easy opponents are the same as difficult opponents. 

You are also advocating 1 year $16M with a team option for a 2nd year at $6M. Sorry, but how is that not ridiculous?

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I looked in this thread and Im astonished people still think Fitz can win a Superbowl with the Jets,  Nothing we have ever seen from him with us or any other team even mildly suggest that.  Just wow.

So what available Qb do you want in 2016? I mean Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees didn't win a SB  last season, a lot of good to great Qb didn't win it or make the playoffs. We have a chance imo with Fitz to make the playoffs this season. Is it impossible to win a SB with him this coming year. Well who thought the Panthers a year ago would be the best team (regular season) in the NFL and go to a SB. And the Broncos without great Qb play could win it. Hell yeah, we have a good team, a decent coach and a chance. And a better chance with Fitz over Geno. Funny thing is the players feel that way, too. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

So what available Qb do you want in 2016? I mean Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees didn't win a SB  last season, a lot of good to great Qb didn't win it or make the playoffs. We have a chance imo with Fitz to make the playoffs this season. Is it impossible to win a SB with him this coming year. Well who thought the Panthers a year ago would be the best team (regular season) in the NFL and go to a SB. And the Broncos without great Qb play could win it. Hell yeah, we have a good team, a decent coach and a chance. And a better chance with Fitz over Geno. Funny thing is the players feel that way, too

If true, the players take hits to the head on a regular basis.  What's your excuse?

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You are making assumptions that easy opponents are the same as difficult opponents. 

You are also advocating 1 year $16M with a team option for a 2nd year at $6M. Sorry, but how is that not ridiculous?

I never said 1 year for 16. I said two years for 22 with 16 guaranteed. And it's just a guess but I think a fair allocation. That extra 2 mil would also be giving him some compensation for playing above his contract last year when he only made 3.25. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I never said 1 year for 16. I said two years for 22 with 16 guaranteed. And it's just a guess but I think a fair allocation. That extra 2 mil would also be giving him some compensation for playing above his contract last year when he only made 3.25. 

You did say it. You just don't realize it.

Archived