Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Hey the three games we lost due to dropped TD's, punt returns, Ill advised laterals and fumbles DO THOSE COUNT ?????????????????? Or were they Fitz fault too ? Stop the nonsense

And just to clear up your comment on a monumental choke Job NO QB in the NFL throws well into 30 MPH winds NONE that's why you try and score with the wind at your back but in that respect Buffalo Doubled both our WR's and we had no TE and No RB since we decided to use cement shoes Ridley exclusively and sit Ivory. Fitz was relegated to forcing throws he might other wise not make if we could have kept the damn defense honest with some semblance of a running game.

I seriously doubt any of the people on this site watch any other football other than the Jets. I also doubt if they watch any of these Elite QB's get their asses handed to them then go around claiming they suck. Its ******* ridiculous garbage and its getting really old.

Absolute worst fan base in all of sports

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not giving him 16 mil for one year. But I'd give him 22 for 2 with 16 guaranteed. If he's bad you can buy him out. It happens every day in the NFL. But based on this past year he stays both seasons. 

You can call it what you want but that is 1 yr $16M with a team option for a 2nd year at $6M. 

Nobody with a job in the NFL would make such a ridiculous offer to a QB like Fitzpatrick.

35 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You can call it what you want but that is 1 yr $16M with a team option for a 2nd year at $6M. 

Nobody with a job in the NFL would make such a ridiculous offer to a QB like Fitzpatrick.

Well, then give him 2 years for 22 with 11 guaranteed. The thing is it's not a standard deal for a starting Qb. And this could be the point of contention between Fitz and the Jets. I think a one year guaranteed deal for ten or eleven isn't going to get it done. Imo he can play at least 2 more seasons as a starter. And after that maybe it's Hack.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well, then give him 2 years for 22 with 11 guaranteed. The thing is it's not a standard deal for a starting Qb. And this could be the point of contention between Fitz and the Jets. I think a one year guaranteed deal for ten or eleven isn't going to get it done. Imo he can play at least 2 more seasons as a starter. And after that maybe it's Hack.

Where can Fitz start at QB for this season alone?  Say Fitz announces he'd play for 7mil per to be the starter for any team.  How many takers would there be?

The answer may be one.  And sadly, we're it.  Though hopefully Macc gets his head on straight.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Where can Fitz start at QB for this season alone?  Say Fitz announces he'd play for 7mil per to be the starter for any team.  How many takers would there be?

The answer may be one.  And sadly, we're it.  Though hopefully Macc gets his head on straight.

I think the guy set his value last year and it's high-low starters money with some guarantees. Usually that means for esp a starting Qb a contract with more than one season guaranteed. Heck, he gets that if he's on the opening day roster so it's no big deal. RG3 got a backloaded deal with more than his first year's salary guaranteed. And he didn't even suit up last season. And he's getting 15 for 2 which is what you want to pay Fitz.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think the guy set his value last year and it's high-low starters money with some guarantees. Usually that means for esp a starting Qb a contract with more than one season guaranteed. Heck, he gets that if he's on the opening day roster so it's no big deal. RG3 got a backloaded deal with more than his first year's salary guaranteed. And he didn't even suit up last season. And he's getting 15 for 2 which is what you want to pay Fitz.

Rg3 has something Fitz doesn't.  Potential.

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Very sad. :(

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

And he's getting 15 for 2 which is what you want to pay Fitz.

Just to be clear, what I want to pay Fitz is 5mil per season for two years w/playoff bonuses (lol).  And a 3rd year team option.

Anything higher and I say let him walk.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why would I talk about a guy who is not on our team?

Geno Smith is the current starting QB of the New York Jets.  As such, he's the only thing worth talking about.

As for what Fitz is or isn't, I think I've been exceptionally clear about that, repeatedly.  Once again, your inability to read is not my problem Nut.

Pretty much the only thing you talk about is Fitz.  You can't stop.  It's 25/7 Fitz out of you.  And how Geno can't compare. 

But I can't read?  Lol, cute.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Just to be clear, what I want to pay Fitz is 5mil per season for two years w/playoff bonuses (lol).  And a 3rd year team option.

Hell no pay him nothing the Fitzpatrick era is over, time to move on. 

Just now, Mike135 said:

I can't argue with this either.

No one can, we need to move forward we have 3 young QBs let them battle it out in camp and the winner starts the season if he falters we have 2 backup QBs. 

No more re-treads sick and tired of other teams garbage in this case 5 other teams garbage 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much the only thing you talk about is Fitz.  You can't stop.  It's 25/7 Fitz out of you.  And how Geno can't compare. 

But I can't read?  Lol, cute.

There is something wrong with you.  You should really get it seen to.  

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

at this point there is almost no pressure point, no leverage

maybe macc needs this to go beyond june 1 for cap reasons ?

hmmmm

Knowing the Jets more than likely a deal is already in place with Fitzpatrick, its always good enough for now never about the future. 

How many times are we going to sign garbage that hasnt won us a damn thing in a very long time. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is something wrong with you.  You should really get it seen to.  

Me?  You're a whining, moaning, groaning SOJF.  Not being one isn't wrong.  You need to get out more.  The incessant whining isn't cool.  

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

And there you have the rest of why Fitzpatrick isn't here: he wouldn't sign it. They've already come close to this (~$9M) and he says he'd rather retire, including just-renewed reports that, with the Jets at ~$9M, the 2 sides are still very far apart. 

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I stopped reading when you brought up Bree's and Rodgers.  Nothing after that could possibly relevant.  

Well that's a shame.  He brought up the Panthers, so compared him to Cam too.  

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And there you have the rest of why Fitzpatrick isn't here: he wouldn't sign it. They've already come close to this (~$9M) and he says he'd rather retire, including just-renewed reports that, with the Jets at ~$9M, the 2 sides are still very far apart. 

Look you say "reports" and there are all kinds of other non descripts being said in the press but nothing definite about how much and any concrete terms of the deal the Jets are offering or what he is asking for. Even Brandon Marshall in today's newspaper who says he's spoken with Fitz almost every day didn't comment on terms of the deal. But Marshall did leave room in what he said for Fitz not returning. So if the guy wants to retire it's his business. Or report to camp later ok. Or maybe is he not being a greedy bastard but helping the Jets out by not signing now maybe at their request. Something that would not be publicized because against league rules ok. A lot of things that can be speculated but so far nothing bonafide. Now Sperm, you've been around for a long time. Do you believe all of the hype you read in the press esp about the Jets. Esp coming from Jets beat reporters who are known to make up stories or at least embellish them. 

10 hours ago, Mike135 said:

If that's what they offer 5 mil which is backup money then he will walk. And we'll be the laughingstock of the NFL for low balling our starting Qb to the point where he'd rather retire than play for the Jets. But Mac isn't going to do that. He's smarter and knows the team is better with Fitz and this is not a rebuilding year. With Fitz we can be contenders. W/o him an extreme long shot to make the playoffs. Check the Vegas odds if Fitz signs or doesn't sign. I was in Vegas in Feb and took 35-1 for the Jets (and it at some places was 30-1). Right now it's at 40-1 (some books). 

When trying to discern news in the Jets' foggy negotiation with Ryan Fitzpatrick, find guidance through the prophet Keanu.

Spoon Child: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead ... only try to realize the truth. 
Neo: What truth? 
Spoon Child: There is no spoon. 
Neo: There is no spoon? 
Spoon Child: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

The spoon represents tangible movement in talks between the Jets and their prodigal passer. Anyprogress or setback in the negotiation between the two sides exists solely in the mind.

Woody Johnson gets it. On Tuesday, the Jets owner was asked for an update on the stalemate during a charity appearance."No news. Until both sides come together, there's no deal."

There is no spoon.

Meanwhile, Joe Namath, the last (and yes, only) quarterback to guide theJets to a Super Bowl, has waded into the muddy waters on those two replacement knees. Be safe, Broadway."A quarterback wants to have a good team and the Jets have a good team, so I think it behooves (Fitzpatrick) to re-sign with the Jets," Namath said at the same charity event, per Newsday. "Fitz fits in here, and the team likes him. I would hope he'd be back. I know the team wants him back."

This Fitz-Jets drama is making the Darrelle Revis-Jets stare downs of '10 and '13 feel like a walk in Florham Park in retrospect. With Revis, there were layers to the disconnect and you could understandthe impasse on both sides. But everybody knows what should happen with the Jets and Fitzpatrick.The Jets need Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick needs the Jets. Here's a solution that doesn't require a tripthrough the matrix (or the GenoCoaster): Take the team's offer and the player's demand and settle on the number in the middle. I'll take my 10 percent if this works.

>     http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000661670/article/jets-owner-no-new-progress-with-ryan-fitzpatrick

45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you say "reports" and there are all kinds of other non descripts being said in the press but nothing definite about how much and any concrete terms of the deal the Jets are offering or what he is asking for. Even Brandon Marshall in today's newspaper who says he's spoken with Fitz almost every day didn't comment on terms of the deal. But Marshall did leave room in what he said for Fitz not returning. So if the guy wants to retire it's his business. Or report to camp later ok. Or maybe is he not being a greedy bastard but helping the Jets out by not signing now maybe at their request. Something that would not be publicized because against league rules ok. A lot of things that can be speculated but so far nothing bonafide. Now Sperm, you've been around for a long time. Do you believe all of the hype you read in the press esp about the Jets. Esp coming from Jets beat reporters who are known to make up stories or at least embellish them. 

The reporting has been pretty consistent regardless of the source. Marshall says nice things about any QB who might be throwing him the football now. He's not getting a mega-deal after the Jets, particularly if he is a disruption, so I give him credit for having a brain.

Despite the reporting, it is entirely possible that he's only doing a form of holding out (skipping workouts without getting fined) for as long as he can before the team says it's too late to walk right in as starter now, and awards the job to Geno or someone else. Possible, but it seems less likely.

I think it is more likely that the totally consistent reporting is accurate than everyone getting it wrong because of a baseless feeling you've got in your gut (you've spoken to nobody in the team's FO, coaching staff, none of Fitz's representation, and none of the rest of the Jets players). 

Also, what is reported seems totally plausible. And I'm not THAT old!

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The reporting has been pretty consistent regardless of the source. Marshall says nice things about any QB who might be throwing him the football now. He's not getting a mega-deal after the Jets, particularly if he is a disruption, so I give him credit for having a brain.

Despite the reporting, it is entirely possible that he's only doing a form of holding out (skipping workouts without getting fined) for as long as he can before the team says it's too late to walk right in as starter now, and awards the job to Geno or someone else. Possible, but it seems less likely.

I think it is more likely that the totally consistent reporting is accurate than everyone getting it wrong because of a baseless feeling you've got in your gut (you've spoken to nobody in the team's FO, coaching staff, none of Fitz's representation, and none of the rest of the Jets players). 

Also, what is reported seems totally plausible. And I'm not THAT old!

When you hear 16 million per season that sounds inaccurate because it's so unreasonable. Even Fitz fans will admit that. So I tend to not believe it. And these reports definitely put the fans on the side of the team not the player. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

When you hear 16 million per season that sounds inaccurate because it's so unreasonable. Even Fitz fans will admit that. So I tend to not believe it. And these reports definitely put the fans on the side of the team not the player. 

It is unreasonable to fans. But before the ink was dried, $17.5M with upwards of $26M guaranteed seemed no less unreasonable for Bradford.

The appearance is that he wanted to get his while the getting was good. Also because he had better numbers than either, and could maybe be roaming the halls of his home yelling, "This is f***ing bullsh*t!"

Do not underestimate the power of jealousy. 

17 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Slats he gives us the best chance with what we currently have on the roster. Geno should be on the way out because after 2 abysmal seasons he still found a way to be an idiot and not act like a mature leader. Fitz is well liked by his teammates, they believe in him, and with what we saw last year and what we added this year he should only get better.

So lets say for arguments sake what we added this year truly makes our defense elite and puts major pressure on the Opposing QB's and all we really needed to be a damn good team was a solid ball control offense to complement that defense with a QB who protects the football and has shown he can come from behind and win close games. If we had that defense and went 8-8 because we chose Geno and he sh*t the bed once again what would you as a miserable Jets fan be saying to yourself ?

Lets take it a step further lets say our defense is so good we win in spite of Geno and we go into the playoffs would you be happy with Geno playing QB vs playoff caliber defenses ? Would you trust him not to make a completely boneheaded play costing us a lose and out playoff game ? What would you say to yourself then knowing we didn't sign Fitz for a few extra million ? In that respect what would Macc say to Woody ? Maybe what I said earlier about Macc's job being in jeopardy in such a scenario was a stretch but you can bet Woody would be furious if things did turn out that way as would the Fans.

Bottom line is I'm willing to pay Fitz 10-12 Mil and take that chance because the way this team is built and all the post 30 year olds we signed it would be insanely stupid to take any other chance so its Geno Smtih or a few extra mill for Fitz

I'm going to use a word you like to throw around a little too much in a sentence. The Jets would be idiots if they raised their offer to Fitzpatrick a single dime. They are already pressed up against the cap before they sign their draft class, and no other team is offering anything close to what Fitz wants or (almost certainly) what the Jets are currently offering. Denver was his only other option, but they're done at QB now with Sanchez and Lynch. His options are now to take what the Jets are offering, or sit at home and make nothing. I think $7M is high for a guy the team would obviously like to see unseated sooner rather than later. 

Does he give the Jets a better chance to win short term than Geno? I'm honestly not 100% sure of that. He's a better option in optimal conditions, but in worse weather or in a situation where the QB needs to score in a hurry I just don't think he has the arm to get it done. And because of that, no, I would not look to trust Fitzpatrick in the playoffs. I can't imagine him handling the conditions in a road playoff game in Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, Denver, Kansas City, New England or (gasp!) even at home. You brush over it, but he probably had the weakest arm starting at QB in the NFL last year. 

Bottom line is that I'm not nearly as enamoured as you are with Fitzpatrick's performance against the easiest schedule in the league, in the mildest football season I can remember. I'm also not completely afraid of Geno starting for a year. I genuinely believe he could be much better after sitting for a year, in his second year learning the offense, with all the weapons at his disposal. Gailey has a long history of doing more with less, most notably with Fitzpatrick but also Kordell and Thigpen, that I actually think it's likely that Geno would have a respectable season as the starter this year. Neither QB is in the team's long term plans. They drafted two QBs in two years, the first with Geno and Fitz on the roster, the second with Fitz twisting the wind barely getting a nibble in free agency. They want one of them, presumably Hackenberg, starting in 2017. In the meantime, the Jets have WRs to develop, and having a QB who can throw the ball downfield might help. 

And it'll save $7-10M against the cap. 

If Fitz comes back on the cheap, I'll be happy, though. I understand a lot of what he brings. But I also understand his considerable limitations. If they guarantee him anything more than $10M over two years, I'll be a little bent. He's not worth that, as the rest of the league is clearly demonstrating. 

Look he's not coming back cheap so let's not be ridiculous. Why should he. If you'd rather develop a Qb instead of win this year then you're putting us into a category that NEP fans have branded us with: perennial losers. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look he's not coming back cheap so let's not be ridiculous. Why should he. If you'd rather develop a Qb instead of win this year then you're putting us into a category that NEP fans have branded us with: perennial losers. 

Oh no! The Patriots fans will call us names?!? Blow up next year's cap so we can sign him now!!

Archived