Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

15 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Went to the playoffs in

1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1995, 1997 before he went to the Raiders. Which was what I was talking about. You keep cherry picking sh*t to try to make your argument look decent when it is terrible. 

Do you even pay attention to what you write ? You can't be this detached Your mentioning years he played 0, 3, 4 . 2 and 9 games in and the one year he played 12 games he had 12TD's and 13 Ints

Playoffs Passing

Glossary  · SHARE  · Embed  · CSV  · Export  · PRE  · LINK  · ?

What a playoff  he had in 87 and 88 not to mention 92 and 97 when he didn't even play

Year Age Tm Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
1987 22 MIN   1 0 0-0 0 0   0 0   0   0       0.0                
1989 24 MIN   1 0 0-0 13 18 72.2 144 0 0.0 1 5.6 24 8.0 5.5 11.1 144.0 72.5     6.20 3.95 10.0    
1995 30 KAN   1 0 0-0 5 8 62.5 30 0 0.0 0 0.0 16 3.8 3.8 6.0 30.0 69.8     3.75 3.75 0.0    
2000*+ 35 OAK QB 2 2 1-1 23 39 59.0 223 1 2.6 2 5.1 32 5.7 3.9 9.7 111.5 62.2     4.07 2.54 15.2    
2001* 36 OAK QB 2 2 1-1 40 60 66.7 453 3 5.0 0 0.0 47 7.6 8.6 11.3 226.5 105.8     7.10 8.06 3.2    
2002*+ 37 OAK QB 3 3 2-1 73 115 63.5 841 7 6.1 6 5.2 50 7.3 6.2 11.5 280.3 84.0     6.62 5.56 5.7    
Career       10 7 4-3 154 240 64.2 1691 11 4.6 9 3.8 50 7.0 6.3 11.0 169.1 84.6 18 102 6.16 5.44 7.0    
3 yrs   OAK   7 7 4-3 136 214 63.6 1517 11 5.1 8 3.7 50 7.1 6.4 11.2 216.7 86.1 16 82 6.24 5.63 7.0    
2 yrs   MIN   2 0 0-0 13 18 72.2 144 0 0.0 1 5.6 24 8.0 5.5 11.1 72.0 72.5 2 20 6.20 3.95 10.0    
1 yr   KAN   1 0 0-0 5 8 62.5 30 0 0.0 0 0.0 16 3.8 3.8 6.0 30.0 69.8 0 0 3.75 3.75 0.0  

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Went to the playoffs in

1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1995, 1997 before he went to the Raiders. Which was what I was talking about. You keep cherry picking sh*t to try to make your argument look decent when it is terrible. 

how many snaps did gannon take in all these playoff games you stated. .quick, go google it. I don't think you will find much to help your argument

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Gannon had a Howitzer ? Do you even watch football ? Since you guys have turned this into a troll fest I'm done with this thread... have fun .

Tx is the worst evaluator of the qb position ever

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Gannon had a Howitzer ? Do you even watch football ? Since you guys have turned this into a troll fest I'm done with this thread... have fun .

I don't think half the guys you are arguing with have ever seen rich gannon play besides on the raiders

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

gotta love it :)

to be fair, you really cant compare gannon, who played with a leather helmet and had a howitzer for an arm and ryan Fitzpatrick who plays with armour and needs to shot put dump offs. gannon with all that 3rdf string payoff experience makes them incomparable

9 minutes ago, ylekram said:

how many snaps did gannon take in all these playoff games you stated. .quick, go google it. I don't think you will find much to help your argument

1989 playoffs- played a full game in which the vikings won, but nope he did not play much

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Do you even pay attention to what you write ? You can't be this detached Your mentioning years he played 0, 3, 4 . 2 and 9 games in and the one year he played 12 games he had 12TD's and 13 Ints

Playoffs Passing

Glossary  · SHARE  · Embed  · CSV  · Export  · PRE  · LINK  · ?

What a playoff  he had in 87 and 88 not to mention 92 and 97 when he didn't even play

Year Age Tm Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
1987 22 MIN   1 0 0-0 0 0   0 0   0   0       0.0                
1989 24 MIN   1 0 0-0 13 18 72.2 144 0 0.0 1 5.6 24 8.0 5.5 11.1 144.0 72.5     6.20 3.95 10.0    
1995 30 KAN   1 0 0-0 5 8 62.5 30 0 0.0 0 0.0 16 3.8 3.8 6.0 30.0 69.8     3.75 3.75 0.0    
2000*+ 35 OAK QB 2 2 1-1 23 39 59.0 223 1 2.6 2 5.1 32 5.7 3.9 9.7 111.5 62.2     4.07 2.54 15.2    
2001* 36 OAK QB 2 2 1-1 40 60 66.7 453 3 5.0 0 0.0 47 7.6 8.6 11.3 226.5 105.8     7.10 8.06 3.2    
2002*+ 37 OAK QB 3 3 2-1 73 115 63.5 841 7 6.1 6 5.2 50 7.3 6.2 11.5 280.3 84.0     6.62 5.56 5.7    
Career       10 7 4-3 154 240 64.2 1691 11 4.6 9 3.8 50 7.0 6.3 11.0 169.1 84.6 18 102 6.16 5.44 7.0    
3 yrs   OAK   7 7 4-3 136 214 63.6 1517 11 5.1 8 3.7 50 7.1 6.4 11.2 216.7 86.1 16 82 6.24 5.63 7.0    
2 yrs   MIN   2 0 0-0 13 18 72.2 144 0 0.0 1 5.6 24 8.0 5.5 11.1 72.0 72.5 2 20 6.20 3.95 10.0    
1 yr   KAN   1 0 0-0 5 8 62.5 30 0 0.0 0 0.0 16 3.8 3.8 6.0 30.0 69.8 0 0 3.75 3.75 0.0  

It doesn't matter, playoff experience is playoff experience.

To compare Fitz and Gannon is stupid because when Gannon had chances he played decent, such as his time as the backup in Kansas City and when he got his chance with the Raiders, he shined 

Look Gannon was better than Fitz no argument. But Fitz is coming off of a good year and who's to say he won't have another good year. And his career isn't as bad as some of you have asserted despite your painstaking research to find flaws in his game. The bottom line is that he gave us our best season at Qb since Chad. I'd take that. There isn't an available Qb better than Fitz. I'm flabbergasted at your total lack of appreciation for what he did and your determination not to pay Fitz?.

55 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Fitz lovers are completely delusional.

Comparing Fitz to Gannon???

Gannon had a Howitzer, Fitz has a pee-shooter.

Laugh my a$$ off.

You're troll act is really boring.  Try something else.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Gannon was better than Fitz no argument. But Fitz is coming off of a good year and who's to say he won't have another good year. And his career isn't as bad as some of you have asserted despite your painstaking research to find flaws in his game. The bottom line is that he gave us our best season at Qb since Chad. I'd take that. There isn't an available Qb better than Fitz. 

Rangers my original point was not to compare the 2 QB's it was to compare the seasons said QB's had before going to the Raiders/Jets and in that respect Gannon was not even close. It was also to point out Fitz first year with the Jets was better than Gannons first with the Raiders yet Jets fans just dismiss him as if its impossible he continues to improve in a system with players that fit his skill set fairly well while adding some nice skill players to boot.  I didn't want this to turn into who was or is better than who I was using it to say at the very least Fitz deserves a chance to move forward with the year he had with us. Last year was not a terrible year as some here would have you believe to try to have you believe by trolling because for some reason they hate the guy it was a good year, not bad, not great it was good and its the best we have had here in a long long time. Are Jets fans this detached that they will only settle and be happy when we get some elite QB that comes  around once every 20 years ? Will everyone else always suck ? Good luck to everyone waiting for the next Aaron Rodgers who by Jets lofty standards sucked last year.

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Gannon was better than Fitz no argument. But Fitz is coming off of a good year and who's to say he won't have another good year. And his career isn't as bad as some of you have asserted despite your painstaking research to find flaws in his game. The bottom line is that he gave us our best season at Qb since Chad. I'd take that. There isn't an available Qb better than Fitz. I'm flabbergasted at your total lack of appreciation for what he did and your determination not to pay Fitz?.

Yea..those playoff wins Fitz led us to....wait....wut?

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 he struggled against teams with winning records and choked when we needed him the most. A good year but not good enough, no thanks. I want to see what we have in the other QBs on the roster. I already know what we will get with Fitzpatrick. 

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Rangers my original point was not to compare the 2 QB's it was to compare the seasons said QB's had before going to the Raiders/Jets and in that respect Gannon was not even close. It was also to point out Fitz first year with the Jets was better than Gannons first with the Raiders yet Jets fans just dismiss him as if its impossible he continues to improve in a system with players that fit his skill set fairly well while adding some nice skill players to boot.  I didn't want this to turn into who was or is better than who I was using it to say at the very least Fitz deserves a chance to move forward with the year he had with us. Last year was not a terrible year as some here would have you believe to try to have you believe by trolling because for some reason they hate the guy it was a good year, not bad, not great it was good and its the best we have had here in a long long time. Are Jets fans this detached that they will only settle and be happy when we get some elite QB that comes  around once every 20 years ? Will everyone else always suck ? Good luck to everyone waiting for the next Aaron Rodgers who by Jets lofty standards sucked last year.

He isn't worth the money he's demanding it was a good year but not a great one. We cannot afford the luxury of paying a career JAG QB starter money. 

He was won nothing here and as matter of fact nothing in his 11 year career. 

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Fitz is a good Qb, the players want him back, the FO wants him back most of the fans want him back and most important I want him back.? Look, even our good friend Sperm basically wrote what amounts to a chapter of a book (longer than War and Peace) about how bad Fitz really is. Look, he couldn't be that bad if he was trying to throw games. Please Mac, sign the dude and end this madness. As for the NEP trolls sure they don't want us to bring him back. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Pats liked Gannon in 1987 and took him in the 4th rd..

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Fitz lovers are completely delusional.

Comparing Fitz to Gannon???

Gannon had a Howitzer, Fitz has a pee-shooter.

Laugh my a$$ off.

Here''s Gannon on Gannon and a couple other guys :) Tex is a certified idiot.

"(There's) a lot to like about Matt Flynn. Now, that being said, I don't think he's ever gonna be an Aaron Rodgers or a Tom Brady in terms of his arm strength or his ability to make those type of throws, but I wasn't either. I was able to get by and participate and do the little things well.

"I wasn't known for having a cannon for an arm, but if you have great anticipation, the ball comes out quick, you understand the system... that's one of the things that helps Matt is he's been in the system, he's got some background here. He ran a very similar system in Green Bay and in Seattle."

Flynn doesn't just remind Gannon of himself, there was another quarterback who Gannon sees in Flynn.

"It's about anticipation," Gannon continued. "I'll give you a great example; Chad Pennington, who had some really great years in New York with the Jets and just good years in Miami. In terms of quarterbacks throwing the football, he had probably the worst arm I've ever seen and he had some real limitations and yet he had one of the highest completion percentages in the history of football. Very accurate, could anticipate, very smart, heady guy, he'd get the ball out on time, those types of things. That's who Matt has to be."

It may be hard for most to remember how respected Chad Pennington was as an NFL quarterback because he struggled with injuries much of his career. But he completed 66% of his passes over 11 seasons in the NFL. He was healthy at least 13 games just four times in his career and led his teams to the playoffs every single one of those years. That's quite a compliment to Flynn to be compared to a player like that. Pennington won games and that's what Flynn must do. Rich Gannon knows this better than most people.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz is a good Qb, the players want him back, the FO wants him back most of the fans want him back and most important I want him back.? Look, even our good friend Sperm basically wrote what amounts to a chapter of a book (longer than War and Peace) about how bad Fitz really is. Look, he couldn't be that bad if he was trying to throw games. Please Mac, sign the dude and end this madness. As for the NEP trolls sure they don't want us to bring him back. 

More importantly is most fans want to win!!!!!  Most fans want a Super Bowl!!!!!  Most fans understand and have a vast knowledge of the game of football. 

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Here''s Gannon on Gannon and a couple other guys :) Tex is a certified idiot.

"(There's) a lot to like about Matt Flynn. Now, that being said, I don't think he's ever gonna be an Aaron Rodgers or a Tom Brady in terms of his arm strength or his ability to make those type of throws, but I wasn't either. I was able to get by and participate and do the little things well.

"I wasn't known for having a cannon for an arm, but if you have great anticipation, the ball comes out quick, you understand the system... that's one of the things that helps Matt is he's been in the system, he's got some background here. He ran a very similar system in Green Bay and in Seattle."

Flynn doesn't just remind Gannon of himself, there was another quarterback who Gannon sees in Flynn.

"It's about anticipation," Gannon continued. "I'll give you a great example; Chad Pennington, who had some really great years in New York with the Jets and just good years in Miami. In terms of quarterbacks throwing the football, he had probably the worst arm I've ever seen and he had some real limitations and yet he had one of the highest completion percentages in the history of football. Very accurate, could anticipate, very smart, heady guy, he'd get the ball out on time, those types of things. That's who Matt has to be."

It may be hard for most to remember how respected Chad Pennington was as an NFL quarterback because he struggled with injuries much of his career. But he completed 66% of his passes over 11 seasons in the NFL. He was healthy at least 13 games just four times in his career and led his teams to the playoffs every single one of those years. That's quite a compliment to Flynn to be compared to a player like that. Pennington won games and that's what Flynn must do. Rich Gannon knows this better than most people.

well so much for gannons howitzer.:wub: iirc, gannons strong suite was his short to medium accuracy. evident in how he thrived in the west coast offense

Just now, joewilly12 said:

More importantly is most fans want to win!!!!!  Most fans want a Super Bowl!!!!!  Most fans understand and have a vast knowledge of the game of football. 

Yeah, my exact point. Fitz gives us our best chance to win in 2016. On paper too. What has Geno ever won. The last 3 or 4 games of the season after the team was eliminated. 

Look Elway didn't win a SB until towards the end of his career. And fans like these guys were ragging him about it. And Marino never won a ring. Maybe Fitz's time is here!!!? How's about some positivity for Christ's sakes.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, my exact point. Fitz gives us our best chance to win in 2016. On paper too. What has Geno ever won. The last 3 or 4 games of the season after the team was eliminated. 

I had a Pat friend that said that about Bledsoe in 2001 when I asked him how 6th rd pick Brady looked in camp..

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What has Fitz ever won in 11 years in the league with 6 teams the answer is NOTHING. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

If you bothered to read anything I posted about the Gannon Fitz situation is was about their first years with their respective teams the Jets and the Raiders. Gannon wa nothing special that year and he stunk before going to the Raiders you know the same thing you clowns accuse Fitz of doing but yeah Gannon All is well.,

So the year that Gannon was nothing special, he had a better comp%, better TD%, better int%, and better yards/attempt than Fitzpatrick last year - all in the pre-Brady pussification of the passing rules NFL. Fitz will never achieve the <2 int% that Gannon enjoyed in his prime, he has neither the accuracy nor the arm. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno never had a team anywhere near Fitz had last season with the easiest schedule in the NFL and he couldn't even get us in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

So the year that Gannon was nothing special, he had a better comp%, better TD%, better int%, and better yards/attempt than Fitzpatrick last year - all in the pre-Brady pussification of the passing rules NFL. Fitz will never achieve the <2 int% that Gannon enjoyed in his prime, he has neither the accuracy nor the arm. 

You are pulling bullsh*t numbers out of your ass. Gannoins first year with Raiders 24 TD's 14 Ints Fitz 31TDs 15 Ints how in the hell is that a better TD to Int ratio ? and how is that a better season ?????? Based on Comp percentage ? Really ?  Their Comp percentage was Identical and Fitz had 100 more yards in one less game played so explain WTF are you talking about ?

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You are pulling bullsh*t numbers out of your ass. Gannoins first year with Raiders 24 TD's 14 Ints Fitz 31TDs 15 Ints how in the hell is that a better TD to Int ratio ? and how is that a better season ?????? Based on Comp percentage ? Really ?  Their Comp percentage was Identical and Fitz had 100 more yards in one less game played so explain WTF are you talking about ?

How about comparing the schedule. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno never had a team anywhere near Fitz had last season with the easiest schedule in the NFL and he couldn't even get us in the playoffs. 

Look if you're going to be a hardliner on Fitz you have to be one for Geno too. And that's only fair!?. So no more excuses for him. Geno had playmakers too including Decker and Ivory. 

Archived