This waiting game is getting old.

jetsfan719

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You think that was his highest value?  Not after the Eagles handed out 60 bajillion dollars to a loser and the Texans paid 60 bajillion dollars to a nobody?

Wow.  

Both those things happened after his gummy arm was exposed in Buffalo. 

10 minutes ago, ylekram said:

slats, dont kid yourself. he wants fitzpatrick back.

I'm not kidding myself. I know he wants him back - I do, too! Just saying he's not afraid of losing him, either. Which clearly, he is not. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I'm not kidding myself. I know he wants him back - I do, too! Just saying he's not afraid of losing him, either. Which clearly, he is not. 

there is a difference between not afraid of losing him and not afraid of losing him at his asking price. if his price doesnt come down,mac will move on. if another team offers fitz more money than the jets are offering,mac will up his offer. macis afraid of losing fitz at reasonable money and wont let it happen

Lol, you were advocating resigning him during the season, during the team's five game winning streak - literally the point of his highest value. All out of a fear that he'd get snatched up in free agency. Saw one always reliable unnamed source refer to him as a "super backup," and that's probably pretty close to how he's viewed around the league. Obviously, no one is jumping over themselves to sign him for starter money. 

He and his agent need to come back to Earth before the music stops in this game of QB musical chairs, but they'll probably wait until Kaepernick's April 1 date passes, hoping that there's some sort of mini-bidding war between the Jets and Denver. Who knows? He very well may prefer to land the job with the defending Super Bowl champs. It's not like he's not used to moving his family around. 

Imagine that a person on the Internet can admit he was wrong. I know this is a stunning development to you but it's called maturity. Hope you reach that point in your life. All dependent on Mac bringing back fitz at a good price, of course. But looking pretty good. Fitz will be back as starter is most likely scenario, which means Mac is a keen negotiator. That's a good thing for Jets. Some value their egos more than what's good for jets and that really is pretty sad. I'm not in that category..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Imagine that a person on the Internet can admit he was wrong. I know this is a stunning development to you but it's called maturity. Hope you reach that point in your life. All dependent on Mac bringing back fitz at a good price, of course. But looking pretty good. Fitz will be back as starter is most likely scenario, which means Mac is a keen negotiator. That's a good thing for Jets. Some value their egos more than what's good for jets and that really is pretty sad. I'm not in that category..

I argue against your long argued point that we should eagerly and aggressively overpay Fitz during the season, you come back with a personal attack while simultaneously trying to claim that you are the mature one. Lol. Points for chutzpah, if not for content. 

Some of us understood that Fitz wasn't worth what you, he, or his agent were talking about a long time ago. Welcome to the reality of the situation. The reality that Mac is willing to let him walk long before he overpays. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I argue against your long argued point that we should eagerly and aggressively overpay Fitz during the season, you come back with a personal attack while simultaneously trying to claim that you are the mature one. Lol. Points for chutzpah, if not for content. 

Some of us understood that Fitz wasn't worth what you, he, or his agent were talking about a long time ago. Welcome to the reality of the situation. The reality that Mac is willing to let him walk long before he overpays. 

but he can't overpay.  and its his own fault

1 minute ago, Larz said:

but he can't overpay.  and its his own fault

First, he shouldn't overpay. That would be dumb. 

Second, he has cap room that can be quickly recouped by trading Mo, cutting Breno, and cutting or "restructuring" D'Brick - amongst other potential moves. I know you've been trumpeting this the Jets are broke line, but it's not actually a dire situation at all. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

First, he shouldn't overpay. That would be dumb. 

Second, he has cap room that can be quickly recouped by trading Mo, cutting Breno, and cutting or "restructuring" D'Brick - amongst other potential moves. I know you've been trumpeting this the Jets are broke line, but it's not actually a dire situation at all. 

so we are praising a guy for not trading mo, cutting brick to give fitz $15 million ?

in what scenario does the genius actually improve the team ?

Wow. 

It is amazing folks are still knocking Mac cause he won't do stupid things like overpay Fitz. 

It is clear IMO that Mac is at minimum a very good negotiator.

First and foremost he is extremely prepared. He knows exactly what he won't do under any circumstances  and he is not basing those decisions on personality or public perceptions but in facts.  Remember he brought Fitz to the Jets when most in the NFL said he was just no good.  

Second he obviously knows his aspiration point or the point at which he wishes he can get Fitz and he had an undisclosed so far Reservation point, that is the amount he will not go beyond. 

Fitz' agents are positional bargainers and they weren't prepared for this response to Fitz.  They seemed to have based their strategy on what other younger QBs are getting instead of creating a narrative of why Fitz was unique to the Jets and thereby pushing up his stock to the team.  

I feel Mac had done a great job and hope that he keeps it up. 

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Wow. 

It is amazing folks are still knocking Mac cause he won't do stupid things like overpay Fitz. 

It is clear IMO that Mac is at minimum a very good negotiator.

First and foremost he is extremely prepared. He knows exactly what he won't do under any circumstances  and he is not basing those decisions on personality or public perceptions but in facts.  Remember he brought Fitz to the Jets when most in the NFL said he was just no good.  

Second he obviously knows his aspiration point or the point at which he wishes he can get Fitz and he had an undisclosed so far Reservation point, that is the amount he will not go beyond. 

Fitz' agents are positional bargainers and they weren't prepared for this response to Fitz.  They seemed to have based their strategy on what other younger QBs are getting instead of creating a narrative of why Fitz was unique to the Jets and thereby pushing up his stock to the team.  

I feel Mac had done a great job and hope that he keeps it up. 

I'm not mocking him, just not impressed he painted himself into a corner (revis $17 million this year) and hasn't traded mo and cut brick to sign fitz to a $15 million dollar deal

honest question

so far, is this team any better than last years team ?

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I'm not mocking him, just not impressed he painted himself into a corner (revis $17 million this year) and hasn't traded mo and cut brick to sign fitz to a $15 million dollar deal

honest question

You make good points IMO.  

In truth we don't know yet about this team but one thing we do know is the team was absolutely awful two years ago.  I mean we had some of the worst talent by far in the NFL.  That is why in some ways Rex's last two years were a waste for him and the team   

And somehow that Revis contract now seems based on a hope and directive from the owner since Mac has not structured any other contract like that.  

I am just happy to see the Jets FO have a real plan that extends beyond the high profile players. :) 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

honest question

The Jets save more money and have less dead money against this years cap if they cut Ferguson after June 1st . Yes, I understand the Jets can designate Ferguson a June 1st cut, and be done with it now, but why do that when you have no viable LT starter on the roster to replace the Player. The Draft is in April, and before June, you will have rookie mini camp, and about 2 OTA sessions. That will give the coaching staff some time to decide if moving on from Ferguson is in the best interest of the team.

What is the rush with cutting Brick.  I want this cat replaced, but even I realize there's no need to jump into the pool when you can't swim .

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Yup but I will admit Mac seems to have a better idea of market price than I do. I would've paid fitz 12 mill without question but so far this thing rolling in Jets' favour. Very good to see

You and I are in the same ballpark.  I'd have gone as high as $13, but I've said all along I think they'll settle around $10-11.

10 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You make good points IMO.  

In truth we don't know yet about this team but one thing we do know is the team was absolutely awful two years ago.  I mean we had some of the worst talent by far in the NFL.  That is why in some ways Rex's last two years were a waste for him and the team   

And somehow that Revis contract now seems based on a hope and directive from the owner since Mac has not structured any other contract like that.  

I am just happy to see the Jets FO have a real plan that extends beyond the high profile players. :) 

good points.  I think the biggest kink in his plans is the draft is loaded with d-lineman and teams know he needs cap room.  if this team goes into next year without snacks and mo wilk and without brick, the retunr will have to be more than fitz.  A lot more

1 hour ago, Larz said:

honest question

No, this team is not better and I am not sure it can be better without a good draft.

As I reflect on last year, i now see why the Jets should have made the playoffs or bust, I was happy with a decent season after 4 years of embarrassment but missing the playoffs was a real loss considering the age of some great Jets...

Archived