Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone have a potential replacement for No psls?  I already tagged JC, BG, SMC and Lizzie on the signup thread with no response.

@Nolder can you fill in?

what about lawn boy.. 

he should be done golfing by now

14 minutes ago, AVM said:

With that said, I'm happy to continue to explain what I was trying (key word) to get at...but I was wrong, so I'm not going to belabor the point any further.

I'm pretty sure you were trying to trip up JiF by using something that has been clarified by the mod re: Verbal's role. 

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't believe you tipped the role with almost no pressure, and then revealed with like no votes on you. Who was it that revealed as cop or doc on D1 with no pressure a couple games ago... Nyn? I can't recall... amazing that's it's become an epidemic!!!!

I'm stressed and had someone bugging me non stop. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone have a potential replacement for No psls?  I already tagged JC, BG, SMC and Lizzie on the signup thread with no response.

@Nolder can you fill in?

I can't sorry. I don't have the time for mafia these days. Hopefully that changes soon.

What did I miss?

Oh..  I've been replaced.  No problem I didn't have nearly the downtime I thought I would.  I have to get back to work tomorrow and I'll be way behind there otherwise I would volunteer to replace someone.  I'll be back in the mafia at some point..  just not a lot of time right now.

9 hours ago, Leelou said:

I'm pretty sure you were trying to trip up JiF by using something that has been clarified by the mod re: Verbal's role. 

Did you even read what I was saying? My suggestion was that if there were 6+ people as masons, JiF was the only one I'd feel good about based off the way he worded his claim. At no point was I trying to get JiF to "trip up" -- I wanted him to either shoot down my idea or confirm it.

Wrong or not, what I was trying to do isn't this hard to see.

51 minutes ago, AVM said:

Did you even read what I was saying? My suggestion was that if there were 6+ people as masons, JiF was the only one I'd feel good about based off the way he worded his claim. At no point was I trying to get JiF to "trip up" -- I wanted him to either shoot down my idea or confirm it.

Wrong or not, what I was trying to do isn't this hard to see.

Right, but you were going off the assumption that Verbal was part of a mason group with the lover thing, which he was not. 

16 hours ago, AVM said:

Question to JiF, Crush, Lily or Decker...

@JiF if memory serves me right, you both called yourself vanilla town and a mason.  Not questioning it, just noteworthy that I wouldn't have classified a mason as VT...so your putting it that way makes it seem like something in your PM.  That sort of makes me believe, based off the above, that maybe Verb was "vanilla town" with a mason QT as well.

Agree/disagree, what?

Yup, it was you who brought it up. 

7 hours ago, Pac said:

What did I miss?

Oh..  I've been replaced.  No problem I didn't have nearly the downtime I thought I would.  I have to get back to work tomorrow and I'll be way behind there otherwise I would volunteer to replace someone.  I'll be back in the mafia at some point..  just not a lot of time right now.

Dont go off hatdancing anyplace pal.  We need you to fill in for a player that had to leave. 

18 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Right, but you were going off the assumption that Verbal was part of a mason group with the lover thing, which he was not. 

11 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Yup, it was you who brought it up. 

I'm not nor have I denied that at any point -- you're not understanding what I was trying to do.  Not only was I the one to bring it up, I was basically the only person to talk about it at all other than people saying I was dumb...so not sure why you're trying to spin here, as if I was trying to say it wasn't me.

I saw the scene 80 posted and was immediately drawn to the fact that he was called a lover (but not literally a lover -- it was a flavor title of sorts) as well as vanilla town.  I recalled that JiF essentially said the same thing.  This made me believe JiF...not try to want to set him up.  That's why I asked JiF (and everyone) if what I was saying made sense.  If it did, especially from JiF who had already said he was "vanilla town and a mason" or however he phrased it then that would make me believe that SOMEONE in that group of then 6 -- counting Verb and his partner -- had to be scum.  It would not have been JiF, because the point I was driving was that at least I have always listed mason as a power role, and I think as a whole we don't consider it to be vanilla...

When JiF said the scene made him believe there were multiple mason teams I kept on pushing, even though the way he worded it was odd and didn't strike me exactly as a confirmation.  And I missed the first post 80 had regarding it so I kept on until Lily said no and I looked back over the time from the scene and saw 80's post.

16 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I hate this, but 80 might have to put the next person that dies back in if he doesn't get anyone to fill in. OR - lemme go beg wwwwwwwombat. 

This game needs more wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww IMHO

Just now, AVM said:

Agreed, if he wants to play again

@Smashmouth and @WWWWombat I would trust to re-read the whole game (start at page 14) and give us 100% effort. @Nolder too, but I think he, like @Jetscode1 has already said he's busy?

Anyway, I'd prefer a veteran. So we fill the game with a friend and someone that knows what they are doing.

Mod Note:  Just to ensure understanding - My unwillingness to MK no psls has nothing to do with his alignment.  I have already stated that I only consider MK's to be a "last resort" option.  My stern warning was in the hopes that no psls behavior would change.  It didn't, and he has quit.  That's all that needs to be said. 

My policy here will remain the same:  He will only be MK'd if no replacement is found by the end of the N1 deadline, so that we can keep the game going.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod Note:  Just to ensure understanding - My unwillingness to MK no psls has nothing to do with his alignment.  I have already stated that I only consider MK's to be a "last resort" option.  My stern warning was in the hopes that no psls behavior would change.  It didn't, and he has quit.  That's all that needs to be said. 

My policy here will remain the same:  He will only be MK'd if no replacement is found by the end of the N1 deadline, so that we can keep the game going.

I just PM'ed you a possible solution.

Additional solution is to replace the player with a dead townie, IF a townie is set to die tonight.  I will not reveal that information yet, of course.  First I wish to give the players we're reaching out to a chance to respond, since the "dead townie" solution is not the ideal choice.

Archived