Muhammad Wilkerson Windy City Bound?

JetNation

On April 3, 2016 at 10:06 PM, pointman said:

Wouldn't the lack of rumors mean we couldn't get a "pretty good package" for Mo?

Or that Mo has a huge package? I'm getting more confused each day.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I don't think you can make that statement.   Someone in this draft could be proven in time to be better than Muhammad Wilkerson .    Just Muhammad Wilkerson is a known commodity right now , and a team has to pick that player that could be that player in time.( Wilkerson was a late first rounder for the Jets - turn out a very good choice the Jets made).

As a Raider fan I would rather draft Robert   NKemdiche or Chis Jones  every time over trading for Muhammad Wilkerson .( great player) .      Both players give my team what they are looking for without having to give up picks, and pay a N Suh type of contract.

Well, now I will watch these draft picks progressions. It's amazing to me how everyone flip flops on Mo. Every freaking primetime games involving the Jets the announcers make the comment that Wilkerson is a top 3 DT in the NFL. But now that we're shopping him he's not even close to that from fans of other teams? The ONLY reason the Jets can have luxury of trading him is because inexplicably a team that needed defense in the worst way (Skins), to an OG instead of one of the highest rated defenders in the draft Leo the Lion. We lucked out BIG TIME. Plus we have Richardson who's just as good as Mo. It's no secret the Jets are loaded on the Dline. Personally I think Mo is not worth the contract he's seeking but only because it's overkill based on Sheldon & Leo. Mo is definitely worth a '1st from a Dline starved team. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I don't think you can make that statement.   Someone in this draft could be proven in time to be better than Muhammad Wilkerson .    Just Muhammad Wilkerson is a known commodity right now , and a team has to pick that player that could be that player in time.( Wilkerson was a late first rounder for the Jets - turn out a very good choice the Jets made).

As a Raider fan I would rather draft Robert   NKemdiche or Chis Jones  every time over trading for Muhammad Wilkerson .( great player) .      Both players give my team what they are looking for without having to give up picks, and pay a N Suh type of contract.

You would hope that your draft pick gives you what you are looking for.  With Mo, you know you are getting a top 5 DE in the NFL, maybe top 3? Mo is 26, only a couple years older than the guys you are mentioning.  

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Sounds legit, he's a known rapscallion this one. That said, he just kicked three babies! Why doesn't anybody ask what they did to piss him off?

Doesn't matter......point is he may well get traded.  Wouldn't be a surprise

GREAT player....but issues are that #1 he has a VERY high price tag and #2 wasn't drafted by this administration and #3 there may be a bit if a disconnect there.  Hopefully they can work it out and keep him but if not there are some high quality DT around the top of this draft.

7 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

GREAT player....but issues are that #1 he has a VERY high price tag and #2 wasn't drafted by this administration and #3 there may be a bit if a disconnect there.  Hopefully they can work it out and keep him but if not there are some high quality DT around the top of this draft.

Trade MO and then spend our first pick on another DT. This is outta the box thinking I like it.

3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

You would hope that your draft pick gives you what you are looking for.  With Mo, you know you are getting a top 5 DE in the NFL, maybe top 3? Mo is 26, only a couple years older than the guys you are mentioning.  

First off the Raiders have a top five De already - Khalil Mack .   ( eventually going to have to pay him a ridiculous contract).    K Mack  was first team all pro at both De and Olb. 

The Raiders have three pass rushers K Mack, Bruce Irvin and eventually Aldon Smith- (after he finishes his suspension) .   All three are three different type of rushers.

The Raiders couldn't afford Muhammad Wilkerson as you can't pay two top de's - would throw their pay scale out of whack long term.    Basically all they are looking for is similar player to last year rookie Mario Edwards.( play de on run downs , and rush the Qb from Dt, on the passing downs. Both those draft picks fit the bill( without creating long term cap problems down the road).

Just now, Raideraholic said:

First off the Raiders have a top five De already - Khalil Mack .   ( eventually going to have to pay him a ridiculous contract).    K Mack  was first team all pro at both De and Olb. 

The Raiders have three pass rushers K Mack, Bruce Irvin and eventually Aldon Smith- (after he finishes his suspension) .   All three are three different type of rushers.

The Raiders couldn't afford Muhammad Wilkerson as you can't pay two top de's - would throw their pay scale out of whack long term.    Basically all they are looking for is similar player to last year rookie Mario Edwards.( play de on run downs , and rush the Qb from Dt, on the passing downs. Both those draft picks fit the bill( without creating long term cap problems down the road).

Easy sally, I wasnt addressing the raiders situation, I was addressing the situation in general.  no need to ramble off your all star line up that won how many games last year?

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

Easy sally, I wasnt addressing the raiders situation, I was addressing the situation in general.  no need to ramble off your all star line up that won how many games last year?

Damn straight & good for you putting Sally in her bitch-ass place.

58 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

Revis wasn't drafted by this regime either and they signed him back for big bucks.. Just wondering if 1 Pro Bowl Mo is Great what is 4 time Pro Bowl 4 time All Pro JJ Watt?? :lol:

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Revis wasn't drafted by this regime either and they signed him back for big bucks.. Just wondering if 1 Pro Bowl Mo is Great what is 4 time Pro Bowl 4 time All Pro JJ Watt?? :lol:

JJ Watt was a HOFer by the age of 26. He's arguably the best player in the league (for me that's Rodgers or Gronk), and is one of the most popular pro athletes of his day. He also couldn't have less to do with anything in this situation. 

2 hours ago, Nostradamus said:

Are you serious? You want to draft a DT when we just signed McClendon and let Harrison go? We don't need any more D line picks 1st round. We will be fine with Sheldon/Leonard/McClendon

31 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

JJ Watt was a HOFer by the age of 26. He's arguably the best player in the league (for me that's Rodgers or Gronk), and is one of the most popular pro athletes of his day. He also couldn't have less to do with anything in this situation. 

You miss my point, you yourself said Mo is on the fast track to the HOF so he must be as great as Watt no?? I mean he's looking for Watt plus money so he must be..LOL

28 minutes ago, Jolot said:

If you think about , any DT who isn't JJ Watt actually has no business playing for any team, I mean after all your either JJ Watt or your not .

No you can be a good or very good player but not great which to me is a HOF type of player..:)

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You miss my point, you yourself said Mo is on the fast track to the HOF so he must be as great as Watt no?? I mean he's looking for Watt plus money so he must be..LOL

LOLZ looks like I just got got. Thats some magic right there LOLz.

14 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

No you can be a good or very good player but not great which to me is a HOF type of player..:)

Are you trying to insinuate that we should settle for anything less that JJ Watt production from our DT's ? I disagree strongly .

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Are you trying to insinuate that we should settle for anything less that JJ Watt production from our DT's ? I disagree strongly .

Not at all... my point was fans call players great when they aren't.. In talking about W/R's a couple of months ago someone said Cotchery was great player.. If he was great what was Jerry Rice?? I loved Cotch as a player he was a gamer that left it all on the field but he wasn't great.. It's just a personal peeve that most fans have a tendency to overrate players on their teams..;)

Archived