Patriot fans are more delusional than you think

Rexorcism

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

The clip shows unbridled enthusiasm for the drafting of Jimmy G.  The point is that Patriots fans (like most fans) are a resilient bunch.  If Brady is suspended, talk will turn very quickly to Jimmy G as "the save-yah", the "best backup evah" and "betta than most otha team's stahtahs".  

Have to say living in New England, I laughed out loud reading this in proper Bostonian accent.

22 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

The clip shows unbridled enthusiasm for the drafting of Jimmy G.  The point is that Patriots fans (like most fans) are a resilient bunch.  If Brady is suspended, talk will turn very quickly to Jimmy G as "the save-yah", the "best backup evah" and "betta than most otha team's stahtahs".  

In contrast

On 4/6/2016 at 4:55 PM, JetPotato said:

My favorite part of the thing is that they're claiming hardship in explaining this to their kids.

The same people who dismiss the impact of integrity and sportsmanship on children are claiming that a fictional witch hunt is a bigger issue for kids.

The children of Boston are going to grow up having no concept of personal accountability. Maybe each them that instead of frivolous lawsuits.

Plus one. The cognitive dissonance burns 

3 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have family in the Boston area, I remember going to Patriots games in the late 80's, early 90's, it was a ghost town at that crappy stadium. Nobody gave a crap about that crappy franchise until they started cheating, the. They all jumped on the bandwaggon

Are you saying that nobody gave a crap during the Parcells era?  Or are saying that the team was cheating during the Parcells era? 

10 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Good . . . that's what I thought. 

The majority of Patriot fans are bandwaggon fans, who did not give a crap about the Pats until they became winners. They are not like Red Sox fans who loved the team and were loyal through thick and thin. About 5 years after the cheaters are gone, and the team goes back to sucktitude, it will go back like the old days. Book it.

The majority of Patriot fans are bandwaggon fans, who did not give a crap about the Pats until they became winners. They are not like Red Sox fans who loved the team and were loyal through thick and thin. About 5 years after the cheaters are gone, and the team goes back to sucktitude, it will go back like the old days. Book it.

Funny how a Jets fan is such an authority on when Pats fans became fans.

Archived