Jimmy Garapolo

Lupz27

I'd pretty much guarantee the Pats trade him during the draft if they can get someone interested, and desperate enough.

2 reasons, first he wouldn't be around when Brady finally hangs it up.  Second I'd be surprised if they didn't go and draft Hackenburgh if they traded Jimmy G.

A team like Dallas could be seriously interested in a Jimmy G, a guy who is NFL ready for when Romo gets hurt.

Belichick is known to pull these types of trades off, and probably wants to get a couple picks back from what they lost from deflate gate.

18 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'd pretty much guarantee the Pats trade him during the draft if they can get someone interested, and desperate enough.

2 reasons, first he wouldn't be around when Brady finally hangs it up.  Second I'd be surprised if they didn't go and draft Hackenburgh if they traded Jimmy G.

A team like Dallas could be seriously interested in a Jimmy G, a guy who is NFL ready for when Romo gets hurt.

Belichick is known to pull these types of trades off, and probably wants to get a couple picks back from what they lost from deflate gate.

He is not getting traded they need him for the first 4 games

Well at least the Pats have their replacement for brady that will fill his shoes like Cassal....O'Connell....Hoyer....Mallet....

The poor schmuck that finally takes over from Brady will be booed mercilessly by the spoiler brat pats fans.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Well at least the Pats have their replacement for brady that will fill his shoes like Cassal....O'Connell....Hoyer....Mallet....

The poor schmuck that finally takes over from Brady will be booed mercilessly by the spoiler brat pats fans.

The media loves any scrub that holds a clipboard for Brady.  Are Cassel, Mallet and Oconnel even in the NFL?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Doubtful.  There is a ridiculously large number of when-Brady-is-done-I'm-done pseudo-fans that will be too busy looking for the next bandwagon to do any booing.   There will certainly be fewer fans in general, but those that remain are not likely to be booing.  

1 minute ago, AFCEastFan said:

Doubtful.  There is a ridiculously large number of when-Brady-is-done-I'm-done pseudo-fans that will be too busy looking for the next bandwagon to do any booing.   There will certainly be fewer fans in general, but those that remain are not likely to be booing.  

You guys lose one game at home every two years and the fans boo the sh*t out of the team when that happens.

11 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

BB refuses to trade with the Jets.  And vice-versa, I'm sure. 

I never once said the Jets would be the team trading for Hoyer.  I'm just saying don't be surprised if the Pats move Jimmy G to a team like Dallas and draft Hackenberg who could be ready in 3 years if that's around the time frame for Brady to hang them up, and recoup more picks since they lost a few from deflate gate.

49 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The media loves any scrub that holds a clipboard for Brady.  Are Cassel, Mallet and Oconnel even in the NFL?

out of all the brady backups, Garappolo has the most talent and the highest upside. He's a good player and they made a good pick, as much as it pains me to admit. Put it another way I'm not going to pretend (hope) this player sucks just cause he's on the Pats. 

I NEVER ONCE MENTIONED THE JETS PATS making this trade, if you actually read OP instead of the title it mentions the Cowboys as a possible landing spot.  Thought it was relevant because the Jets are looking for a QB, and the Pats might be a surprise to draft one of the Qbs some fans want in Hackenberg. 

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You guys lose one game at home every two years and the fans boo the sh*t out of the team when that happens.

I expect the pendulum to swing within the fanbase after Brady is gone.  It will likely be a smaller, more patient, crowd.  

18 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I never once said the Jets would be the team trading for Hoyer.  I'm just saying don't be surprised if the Pats move Jimmy G to a team like Dallas and draft Hackenberg who could be ready in 3 years if that's around the time frame for Brady to hang them up, and recoup more picks since they lost a few from deflate gate.

My issue with trading Jimmy G is that the Pats will need someone to play QB and no way would BB throw a recent 2nd or 3rd rounder into that fire. 

You suggested Hoyer.  The point of the post of mine you are quoting is how exactly do you expect the Patriots to get Hoyer?  Isn't he rumored to be signing with the Jets?

9 hours ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

If they offer him, better do a thorough check for implantable listening devices given to the unsuspecting ex-Pat player while he slept. Bellicheat is all about innovation.

"have you now or every had a colonoscopy with Bill Bellicheat in the room when the procedure was being performed?"

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Don't think they want some untested 4th round pick starting the first four games when the 2d circuit flips that star-f**ker Berman.

Archived