Buzz: Jets Players Have 'Major' Concerns with Current QB Depth Chart

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Did you see Fitz play in that6 game/debacle?  Not only were his decisions atrocious, but he looked like he'd never seen a football before.  Guy choked beyond all choking.  Almost like he was afraid to get into the playoffs.  Face it, Fitz is a scrub.

fitz choked? yea, ok. I think the entire team choked, but lets lay the blame on one guy. and if you are going to blame one guy, atleast blame the right guy

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Bradford and Fitz have the same agent, the one who created this $18M/year lunacy.

I understand that, but Bradford is under contract already, and is not an FA.  Sure he'd like to be traded, but that alone does not put money is the agent's pocket, if that is what you are implying.  The agent nonetheless has a duty to Fitzpatrick, who would not like to see the Jets go elsewhere, I would think.

20 minutes ago, ylekram said:

really? care to elaborate? please don't come with that weak sh*t that he threw 3 interceptions in the buffalo game. if so, go back and watch the plays again

Yes, the Buffalo loss was a classic example of a team effort.

32 minutes ago, ylekram said:

yea but its totally different this year ,somehow..i think:huh:

I think its funny how people claim that Fitzpatrick is guaranteed to regress somehow because of a preseason schedule based on last years performance

or Fitzpatrick has "peaked" like he is a 33 yo running back or corner

And yet the obvious lesson from the comparison of last year this time and now, there are too many who are confident the Jets cannot win with the 16 schedule.  Talk about pessimism that is unwarranted...

Like it, or not but now a days the "Team" is the QB, and the "Team" had the ball inside the 25 yard line needing 3 points to go ahead by 1 point mid way through the 4th, but the "Team" threw the ball at the opposing defender as if he was the intended receiver on that play, and the "Team" choked away the playoffs on that play.

41 minutes ago, ylekram said:

fitz choked? yea, ok. I think the entire team choked, but lets lay the blame on one guy. and if you are going to blame one guy, atleast blame the right guy

So by your logic then fitz is entirely responsible for the 10 wins this season, but not responsible for the losses, got it. No wonder you want to give him a blank check :lol:

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

So by your logic then fitz is entirely responsible for the 10 wins this season, but not responsible for the losses, got it. No wonder you want to give him a blank check :lol:

Let's say the Qb is responsible for both, for argument's sake.  Do you want to do the same for Smith?

13 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Smith is irrelevant. What do you mean?

I thought it obvious.  Fitzpatrick is doing much better than the qb he replaced, and who is also presently #1 on the depth chart.

Point being these sorts of things always involve comparisons to real world alternatives.

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

I thought it obvious.  Fitzpatrick is doing much better than the qb he replaced, and who is also presently #1 on the depth chart.

Point being these sorts of things always involve comparisons to real world alternatives.

So your point is Fitzpatrick should be absolved of any failures or criticism because he's better than geno smith? Sorry but some of us want better than that 

3 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

And yet the obvious lesson from the comparison of last year this time and now, there are too many who are confident the Jets cannot win with the 16 schedule.  Talk about pessimism that is unwarranted...

I can't lie. I would like to see Fitz with a full year's experience with this team, and Forte. Forte, I think will make a huge difference with a QB that knows how to use him.

That said, I don't want to pay him more than 8 mil for the opportunity. I think we can make the playoffs no matter who we're scheduled against, but I don't think we're a SB team with Fitz.

I'm not mortgaging the future for a decent QB with no upside, and no future.  

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

So your point is Fitzpatrick should be absolved of any failures or criticism because he's better than geno smith? Sorry but some of us want better than that 

Seeing as how the Packers have not offered Aaron Rodgers straight up for Smith, who is the better option than Fitz?  That's why I referred to the real world.

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I can't lie. I would like to see Fitz with a full year's experience with this team, and Forte. Forte, I think will make a huge difference with a QB that knows how to use him.

That said, I don't want to pay him more than 8 mil for the opportunity. I think we can make the playoffs no matter who we're scheduled against, but I don't think we're a SB team with Fitz.

I'm not mortgaging the future for a decent QB with no upside, and no future.  

I have no specific number in mind.  But I will say this - if Smith is the starter come regular season, that will tank the season.

26 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Seeing as how the Packers have not offered Aaron Rodgers straight up for Smith, who is the better option than Fitz?  That's why I referred to the real world.

If fitz signs for a reasonable deal $6-7M that would be preferable. You want to tank multiple seasons? Pay fitz what he's demanding. His amazing personality isn't worth $16M a year

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Like it, or not but now a days the "Team" is the QB, and the "Team" had the ball inside the 25 yard line needing 3 points to go ahead by 1 point mid way through the 4th, but the "Team" threw the ball at the opposing defender as if he was the intended receiver on that play, and the "Team" choked away the playoffs on that play.

lets say your right. your not, but for arguments sake. lets say the "team" threw a bad pass right to the defender in the buffalo game. in the 5 games leading up to the buffalo game, the "team" threw zero picks while reeling off 5 straight wins. now you want me to believe that the "team" choked the playoffs away on one interception in 6 games? I know you havnt liked the "team" since the day he was traded. with that said, your eyes wont let you see reality

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

lets say your right. your not, but for arguments sake. lets say the "team" threw a bad pass right to the defender in the buffalo game. in the 5 games leading up to the buffalo game, the "team" threw zero picks while reeling off 5 straight wins. now you want me to believe that the "team" choked the playoffs away on one interception in 6 games? I know you havnt liked the "team" since the day he was traded. with that said, your eyes wont let you see reality

No facts show me reality, and the fact is in 11 years in the NFL Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs.

I don't give a **** about stats that got inflated because of 2 awesome receivers who bailed him out half the time, I care about winning, and Fitz is not a proven winner, and  not worth more than backup QB money.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

No facts show me reality, and the fact is in 11 years in the NFL Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs.

I don't give a **** about stats that got inflated because of 2 awesome receivers who bailed him out half the time, I care about winning, and Fitz is not a proven winner, and  not worth more than backup QB money.

don't forget about the once in a lifetime schedule and the weather. the weather thing was huge

2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

and have the Packers cut Aaron Rodgers to make cap space for Fitz?

You don't make any sense.

As of today, Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a member of my NY Jets, so I have nothing to say about him anymore. My team is going to have the Rookies and free agents run around on Friday and shortly after that, OTAs will start . That is all .

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

As of today, Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a member of my NY Jets, so I have nothing to say about him anymore. My team is going to have the Rookies and free agents run around on Friday and shortly after that, OTAs will start . That is all .

I can't wait for the Hackenberg to Peake hype train to get rolling after this weekend.

58 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Absolutely, there's countless fans here who know without a doubt that Geno cannot play based on a relatively short window of NFL playing time. But yet those same fans who've witnessed Fitz fail year after year  for 10+ seasons desperately want him back for another season at a potentially $10M+ contract. If he's such a great locker room guy throw money at him to be an assistant on the coaching staff. 

On 5/3/2016 at 4:09 PM, joewilly12 said:

More like if I was on a team that was relying on a 34 year old journeyman bum signing who has never ever made the playoffs has been with 6 teams in 11 years and choked in the biggest game of the year id be concerned too. 

It must really suck to be you. Just an observation/guess, not an accusation in any way.

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Brandon Marshall has never made the play-offs either, but no-one's complaining about him getting paid $9.5m this year as a WR. Hmmm.

8 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Brandon Marshall has never made the play-offs either, but no-one's complaining about him getting paid $9.5m this year as a WR. Hmmm.

Well that would be because he's good, and has been his entire career. 

5 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

That's because he's a ******* wide receiver. Not a quarterback

So a WR that's never made the playoffs is worth $9.5m, but a QB that hasn't is not??

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

So a WR that's never made the playoffs is worth $9.5m, but a QB that hasn't is not??

Brandon Marshall is a good player, Bryan Fitzgerald is not. Sorry but they aren't equal and your pathetic attempt at comparing them is laughable

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Too bad Ryan fitzasshat isn't a top 15 quarterback.

Depends on what you're measuring by ... BM was a Top 5 WR last year based on yardage; RF was a Top 15 QB last year based on yardage.

I'm just going by the default of how NFL.com rank the players.

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Depends on what you're measuring by ... BM was a Top 5 WR last year based on yardage; RF was a Top 15 QB last year based on yardage.

I'm just going by the default of how NFL.com rank the players.

tumblr_mk8mcba9301rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

Archived