Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

I'd go Hallia, Lizzy, Decker...with a few others in "I'd be willing to push here til they give us something" land (Pac, JC, Ballin)

Hallia is definitely off from last game. Calder noted the excitement, which I'm not so much concerned about as I'd think she'd contain it even as town

Lizzy is genuinely participating now, but after he started getting named by folks (or maybe I just imagined that...but it feels like we were starting to name him)

Decker's voting history is...odd.  Almost like he's afraid to vote.

How about whoever couldn't be ****ed to actually CAST a vote D1 shut the **** up?  You can't bitch about not achieving majority when quite a few of you just decided not to participate cause "it didn't matter" "votes are useless" "wah wah wah". Your are just talking out of your ass at this point.

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

But you had the chance to vote a majority, didn't you? And instead, you spent the day posting meaningless drivel, just like you are today. 

I asked you to take a stand and have an opinion instead of hiding behind kingship. sounds relevant actually, unless you're on the receiving end of the critique

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Im voting JIF

Even though I don't agree with DPR and I feel he should go with his gut because scum can influence the vote I personally want to have a say if its going to go down this way. I think EY and JIF should re -think their strategy because they are not accomplishing anything if DPR is holding tough. In a sense I see exactly what DPR is saying , if a vote record is kept (like hes requested now) it gives us a voting history to narrow down scum by the votes just like we always do. The catch is will every KING adhere to this ? What if a Scum player is Kinged ? What if LIzzy is the King and starts killing in about 3 minutes ? These are examples why DPR's strategy would not work and the vote record would then be tarnished.

Reason Im voting JIF is because he's 100 % correct, well partially correct, I don't fear CTM we simply go at it 90 % of the time because of something JIF would never ever understand. I wont go too deep into explanation on CTM's and my meta but it is what it is and there is a history there. Now withj that being said and JIF being all over me yesterday because I pointed out numerous times just how much of an Idiot he is CTM was the logical choice for a NK and as soon as that NK was confirmed in the morning JIF went right out and claimed it was me due to the CTM/Smash explanation I gave above. I was sure he would do it as soon as I read Verbal coroner report.

If I can't point out obvious flaws in peoples play like JIF had earlier then whats the freakin point in bothering to scum hunt. I'm pretty sire at this point JIF is scum and I think most of you would come to the same conclusion if you went back to read his posts which include not reading the thread and the rest being jibberish.

My thought yesterday was that if i established the standard voting practice, it insulates against a scum king working it another way because it would be obvious that they are taking power away form the people. If every king allows the vote to count, we protect ourselves against this.

And, even if a future king doesn't do it this way, we still have the record for the days we did vote. Those don't go away.

43 minutes ago, D P R said:

I would go with JiF, EY, Pac, in that order.  

Based on their play yesterday, each disrupting the voting process.

Out of those three I would say Pac.  JiF, myself and EY have been giving you crap about your strategy from the time you became king.  Pac made a comment about how I was playing that convinced me he has actually read a good part of the thread.  He then basically regurgitated what we been saying about wanting you to post your top 5.  By the time Pac decided to make the comment you have 100% made it clear you are going to do things the way you think best. Me thinks he is scum trying to play off the actual banter that the four of us been carrying on with.  in a sense joining an argument after the argument is pretty much over. Trying to add to the confusion and just sit back, his favorite technique and let the town lynch itself, 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I'm unvoting..  

we should simply force DPR into making his own decision based on reads and input.  He should pick his top 5 and we'll talk about each one.

Pac not for nothing but if this is the route he's trying to go and has stated as such why hold to this stance ? Seriously . Its like having a say. not using it, then complaining about the outcome after the fact

1 minute ago, D P R said:

My thought yesterday was that if i established the standard voting practice, it insulates against a scum king working it another way because it would be obvious that they are taking power away form the people. If every king allows the vote to count, we protect ourselves against this.

And, even if a future king doesn't do it this way, we still have the record for the days we did vote. Those don't go away.

You didn't follow standard voting practice - let's just make sure we note that

1 hour ago, CTM said:

gerbil.. don't smc thread me .. I'll sub back in if need be .. between the building emo and non participation .. I figure it's a good bet one will be needed

JIF says I'm afraid of you please stay away I don't need thjs in the back of my mind. Thanks

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lizard King said:

He wasn't going to honor the town majority and I had been saying it all along - why are you defending DPR with lily? this starting to reak

I am talking about YOU. What does DPR has to do with YOU voting for YOUR scum read on D1 instead of scratching your ass? You've done squat D1 and now you're throwing around reads without providing reasoning. It's like I talk to you and you keep deflecting the conversation and making it about DPR. Wtf??

Just now, Nynaeve said:

I am talking about YOU. What does DPR has to do with YOU voting for YOUR scum read on D1 instead of scratching your ass? You've done squat D1 and now you're throwing around reads without providing reasoning. It's like I talk to you and you keep deflecting the conversation and making it about DPR. Wtf??

you wanted me to vote the king yesterday? were you following the thread? my best read was the king. what in your opinion was the move there?

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

you wanted me to vote the king yesterday? were you following the thread? my best read was the king. what in your opinion was the move there?

THEN ******* VOTE YOUR TOP SUSPECT. ffs. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? And if you decide that you don't want to vote and dismiss the entire thing, then don't come later whining about us not achieving majority. There were like 4-5 players that weren't even voting on D1. 

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm testy because i'm trying to figure things out and you're sh*tting all over it. But w/e. I just remembered you haven't actually done sh*t yourself so I shouldn't care what you think anyhow.

It's comments like this that ping, I've clearly been trying to lay out logic and strategy that is in the best interest of the town.

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Im voting JIF

Even though I don't agree with DPR and I feel he should go with his gut because scum can influence the vote I personally want to have a say if its going to go down this way. I think EY and JIF should re -think their strategy because they are not accomplishing anything if DPR is holding tough. In a sense I see exactly what DPR is saying , if a vote record is kept (like hes requested now) it gives us a voting history to narrow down scum by the votes just like we always do. The catch is will every KING adhere to this ? What if a Scum player is Kinged ? What if LIzzy is the King and starts killing in about 3 minutes ? These are examples why DPR's strategy would not work and the vote record would then be tarnished.

Reason Im voting JIF is because he's 100 % correct, well partially correct, I don't fear CTM we simply go at it 90 % of the time because of something JIF would never ever understand. I wont go too deep into explanation on CTM's and my meta but it is what it is and there is a history there. Now withj that being said and JIF being all over me yesterday because I pointed out numerous times just how much of an Idiot he is CTM was the logical choice for a NK and as soon as that NK was confirmed in the morning JIF went right out and claimed it was me due to the CTM/Smash explanation I gave above. I was sure he would do it as soon as I read Verbal coroner report.

If I can't point out obvious flaws in peoples play like JIF had earlier then whats the freakin point in bothering to scum hunt. I'm pretty sire at this point JIF is scum and I think most of you would come to the same conclusion if you went back to read his posts which include not reading the thread and the rest being jibberish.

So WTF does that have to do with finding scum in the game we are currently playing?

Just now, JiF said:

It's comments like this that ping, I've clearly been trying to lay out logic and strategy that is in the best interest of the town.

I don't really care to hear about this anymore. I think playing it majority like a normal mafia game is the way to go and that's what I'm gonna do. You can do whatever the **** you want.

21 minutes ago, D P R said:

Leelou is doing the steering thing. 80 I'm still on the fence with, but he's flip flopping around, so that might be bad.

Crusher concerns me. He doesn't get too excited about things unless he's scum, and this morning was way out of character for him. Plus, he spent a good bit of time sassing me yesterday.

Pac is playing it weird, and that pings. But, he could easily be thinking he has an amazing plan. 

Really? Its like you dont even know me.  I would say its pretty much the opposite.  LOL

Basically the only way people can say "voting is stupid/doesn't matter" is if the KING decrees that votes don't matter.  You can't make that decision on your own.  It's up to the king.  Once YOU get to be king, you can come up with a new strategy.

People are pretending they laid out this perfect way to make the most out of the day, and maybe that's true.  But the king didn't listen, so why does it matter what strategy you suggested?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

It was a VC majority not the outstanding town majority

WTF is the matter with you?

I've explained my stance. You trying to twist yesterdays events won't help you.

6 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

He wasn't going to honor the town majority and I had been saying it all along - why are you defending DPR with lily? this starting to reak

Er, what? I said I would and then I did. 

5 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You didn't follow standard voting practice - let's just make sure we note that

I offered it and others chose not to follow it. Including you, pumpkin. Why are you going out of your way to sound loony?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

THEN ******* VOTE YOUR TOP SUSPECT. ffs. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? And if you decide that you don't want to vote and dismiss the entire thing, then don't come later whining about us not achieving majority. There were like 4-5 players that weren't even voting on D1. 

dude you're showing your ass - king killed off the vote leader with like 3 hours left. who has a serious vote on d1? there was time and there was overall _ NOT just me _ town indecision.  by the way the king wasn't taking a position. my position was to get the king to take a position.

8 minutes ago, D P R said:

yes I thought of this too but JIF PAC and EY have tarnished this as well and If Kinged they can fall back on the stances they have made earlier, actually anyone can.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, the town of Scummerville.

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

dude you're showing your ass - king killed off the vote leader with like 3 hours left. who has a serious vote on d1? there was time and there was overall _ NOT just me _ town indecision.  by the way the king wasn't taking a position. my position was to get the king to take a position.

>.<