Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, D P R said:

EY and JiF are both leaders on my scum list.

Both have tried to lead the town, though neither truly explained the direction they proposed.

Both have now stated that they will not vote, thereby taking away fro the only tool the town has to win.

And both cry like mother ******* babies about it.

I also don't care for Decker or Lizzy this game. Neither has made any meaningful contribution. 

200_s.gif

Just now, Pac said:

I'm unvoting..  

we should simply force DPR into making his own decision based on reads and input.  He should pick his top 5 and we'll talk about each one.

Yeah, but good luck. I've been trying to get out of him who he would be voting if it's a normal game, and that post was the closest he got to answering it. 

54 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I felt a little wary about him at first, around start-mid d1 because he was sort of sitting back. And obviously he needs to take stances too so he could be read. But at the same time if I were in his shoes on D1? I think I'd be more about observing than swooping in and taking over, at least for a bit. And I'd prolly also go with majority and use everyone's thoughts vs be vain enough to think I know it all. So I've been cool with his method.

Later he got more involved imo, when there was more to work with (though he was also nudged to contribute more). But the whole EoD thing gave me the feeling that he was being set up for an oversight. Sometimes townies do dumb sh*t and give scum the perfect opportunity for a clean mislynch. I REALLY didn't like gayno pouncing the way he did. He seemed way too hyped to actually have something to talk about. So it's fair to say that my DPR read is colored by my read of gayno to some extent. Also, I think DPR did well responding to various players about EoD and defending himself. 

So tentative light green read atp. But after the Calder **** up I'm not feeling super confident here. 

This is pretty much how I feel, too. I couldn't have worded it so well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AVM said:

I know I like to play aloof and all joking and what not but I genuinely as confused as I've ever been about game mechanics right now

Good point...I was making an assumption based off Verb posting VC's.

@Verbal is the day officially "standard mafia" or are is this one of those "this is the kings rule at this time" things?

I'm the king. Whoever I vote for will be lynched - this was proven yesterday.

I offer the town the opportunity to play this like a traditional mafia game, voting the same way you normally would. This ensures that everybody (who bothers to post) will be heard, providing proof of their stances and putting them on record. 

In a normal game, the power that the town holds is the lynch (as opposed to the mafia's nk) and I'm making sure that the town retains that power. This idea that the king's observations matter more than others is just stupid - king one player to "take a stance" is limiting the conversation. The king is a vote caster and has no power beyond that.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I'm unvoting..  

we should simply force DPR into making his own decision based on reads and input.  He should pick his top 5 and we'll talk about each one.

I'm always down with making fun of Pac for being thick, but this sentiment (echoed by others) takes the cake.

Again, the town's power is in their ability to talk things out during the day, compare notes, find out what each payer catches and put people's behavior and votes on record.

Putting the focus on one player is meant to be a distraction. Evidently, it works.

Just now, D P R said:

I'm the king. Whoever I vote for will be lynched - this was proven yesterday.

I offer the town the opportunity to play this like a traditional mafia game, voting the same way you normally would. This ensures that everybody (who bothers to post) will be heard, providing proof of their stances and putting them on record. 

In a normal game, the power that the town holds is the lynch (as opposed to the mafia's nk) and I'm making sure that the town retains that power. This idea that the king's observations matter more than others is just stupid - king one player to "take a stance" is limiting the conversation. The king is a vote caster and has no power beyond that.

I'm always down with making fun of Pac for being thick, but this sentiment (echoed by others) takes the cake.

Again, the town's power is in their ability to talk things out during the day, compare notes, find out what each payer catches and put people's behavior and votes on record.

Putting the focus on one player is meant to be a distraction. Evidently, it works.

I don't think it's really that much to ask for. Say majority is someone you think is town, you'll still vote them, yet you haven't really provided many reads on the game or say who you'd actually be voting for if it was a normal game. Like Hallia right now is the vote leader, what are your thoughts on her? 

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I don't think it's really that much to ask for. Say majority is someone you think is town, you'll still vote them, yet you haven't really provided many reads on the game or say who you'd actually be voting for if it was a normal game. Like Hallia right now is the vote leader, what are your thoughts on her? 

I don't have any ping on Hallia - she posts very little and never really looks to have any impact, so there's not much to see besides meta. She's part of  the lurker/inactive category.

I've listed other thoughts, several times, but it's early. Players insisting that I post my reads, including you, are just asking for speculation. Like I said, I've offered some - choosing to not vote is absolutely a bullsh*t move and one only scum would actually follow through with.

We'd be in a better spot if we hadn't burnt yesterday with asinine arguments instead of creating a voting record. Now the scum has plenty of room to hide in all those day 1 posts, and I'm watching for those that want to continue that today.

1 minute ago, D P R said:

I don't have any ping on Hallia - she posts very little and never really looks to have any impact, so there's not much to see besides meta. She's part of  the lurker/inactive category.

I've listed other thoughts, several times, but it's early. Players insisting that I post my reads, including you, are just asking for speculation. Like I said, I've offered some - choosing to not vote is absolutely a bullsh*t move and one only scum would actually follow through with.

We'd be in a better spot if we hadn't burnt yesterday with asinine arguments instead of creating a voting record. Now the scum has plenty of room to hide in all those day 1 posts, and I'm watching for those that want to continue that today.

Right, the reason why I'm asking who you would vote is to create a record for you. It's easy to hide behind the majority thing. Day 1 we have you voting for Calder because you went with the majority. Today you'll go with the majority. People post reads, it helps to read people. I'm not asking for an absolute list with a game solve, just who you'd be voting to get it on record. If you notice, I am voting and I was voting D1. 

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Excuse me for thinking.  I do and try to avoid doing that here.  Won't happen again.  I promise.  

Good, you gave us quite a scare for a bit there.

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

gerbil.. don't smc thread me .. I'll sub back in if need be .. between the building emo and non participation .. I figure it's a good bet one will be needed

Probably true.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Especially since that's what No Penis called her, lol.

I think she did some voodoo sh*t to outsource her psychotic aficionado in my direction. He's been visiting my profile in the last week or so >.>

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I think she did some voodoo sh*t to outsource her psychotic aficionado in my direction. He's been visiting my profile in the last week or so >.>

From my profile: 

Recent Profile Visitors

8,042 profile views

no psls

Tuesday at 8:11 AM

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

He's not being democratic FYI...whatever he's spilling about following the town's opinion is false.. he killed on simple majority last vote

Just now, gEYno said:

He's trying very hard to appear town friendly though.

Look, I get the troll thing - but the key to keeping it going is the graphics. You have to find memes and sh*t to keep it fresh, otherwise it just kind of fizzles.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leelou said:

a640e749811dd336b4ad8f0592ce8e62.jpg

WTAF?

I offered a system, everybody pissed all over it, and then I get sh*t for doing what I said I was going to do? 

Your pinging. You've been pinging. You keep trying to stall the vote - if you were town, you'd be supportive of obvious logic and calling out others who were against it.

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He's like that kid in class who messes with a girl and says mean stuff but secretly likes her.

• Upvote 2

I'm getting a bit irritated. This game is a different dynamic. Instead of adapting to the new dynamic and recognizing that the king can play this any way he wants to, we have people refusing to go along with what he's asked us to do. All you have to do is commit to a vote, people. You can vote anyone you want to, including DPR, if you really hate the way he's handling things. 

• Upvote 1