Kirwan on Fitz

#bman

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So  you're admitting that they were bad plays? 

lol. 

The guy isn't a great Qb. Not one fan on this board ever said he is. He makes bad throws and bad plays. But so do all of the rest of them. He is off of a good year and the team believes in him. I don't know what you were looking at in 2015 but I saw a lot of good football not perfect by the team and the starting Qb. It is crazy to toss that away. His arm strength is adequate. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The guy isn't a great Qb. Not one fan on this board ever said he is. He makes bad throws and bad plays. But so do all of the rest of them. He is off of a good year and the team believes in him. I don't know what you were looking at in 2015 but I saw a lot of good football not perfect by the team and the starting Qb. It is crazy to toss that away. His arm strength is adequate. 

This statement is respectable. 

You seen alot of good football in 2015 because the 2015 Jets fielded a good football team. Those making comparisons to Geno Smith should make sure to take that into account (fielding a good football team) when making those comparisons. 

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You seen alot of good football in 2015 because the 2015 Jets fielded a good football team. Those making comparisons to Geno Smith should make sure to take that into account (fielding a good football team) when making those comparisons. 

I'm not a Fitz lover or a Geno hater.If Geno starts he gets my undying support and I hope he does great. But imo in 2016 Fitz gives the Jets our best chance to win and compete for the playoffs. Not impossible to be good with Geno but if we're discussing percentage chances at success I have to go with Fitz based on 2015. To retain Fitz you have to give him a reasonable starters salary on the lower end and not some made up silly figure devised by fans who don't like the guy. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not a Fitz lover or a Geno hater.If Geno starts he gets my undying support and I hope he does great. But imo in 2016 Fitz gives the Jets our best chance to win and compete for the playoffs. Not impossible to be good with Geno but if we're discussing percentage chances at success I have to go with Fitz based on 2015. To retain Fitz you have to give him a reasonable starters salary on the lower end and not some made up silly figure devised by fans who don't like the guy. 

Im not a Geno lover, but I dont trust Fitz. If we resign Fitz at the money amount that we've been hearing that will basically make him the unchallenged starter. I have a problem with that. 

I think from what I've seen from Geno (subjective, I know), I think Geno could win the job flat out. Giving the job to Fitz I not supporting whatsoever. I'll root for my Jets of course, but im not supporting that situation. Fitzpatrick will simply have to prove me wrong. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Thank you. Well said. I think that's where a lot of people on this board are at. Complain all you want about Fitz's warts (and he has some good sized ones), he stabilized the offense, his players like playing with him, he has some leadership ability, and he doesn't make the kind of egregious mental errors that Geno does. Geno is physically more talented. His brain is a mess.

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Thank you. Well said. I think that's where a lot of people on this board are at. Complain all you want about Fitz's warts (and he has some good sized ones), he stabilized the offense, his players like playing with him, he has some leadership ability, and he doesn't make the kind of egregious mental errors that Geno does. Geno is physically more talented. His brain is a mess.

I support bringing fitz back because he brings stability and takes pressure off the young QB's, at least in the short term. The problem is at the number that fitz is demanding he becomes a problem for a team already with several aging vets on bloated contracts. And considering the best case scenario here is that fitz loses the starting job, the jets are right for taking a hardline stand with him

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is your response huh? 

lol. 

I see that another week has come and gone, and you're still arguing this point as though Fitz is the only QB to ever be bailed out by a stud WR. 

I know that the last time I pointed out the foolishness of this argument you got uppity and asked me to "show you were you said".

I've never seen anyone waste so much time providing "facts" and "evidence" of something so pointless.

It's really incredible.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

No they shouldn't.

Just because you've over-invested in a horrid argument based on a hypothetical premise, doesn't mean anyone at all needs to consider it... or any variable within it.

No matter how redundant you are with your "evidence" it still remains unprovable that Geno swapped out with Fitz on last year's team would have = same results. At this point, you're working harder (like all-day, every-day) to convince yourself that you aren't fighting a pathetic, losing argument, than convincing anyone of make-believe.

Listen, if Geno starts for us, I hope he does amazing.

It still wouldn't prove anything you've belabored right. What a waste of time. LOL

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I support bringing fitz back because he brings stability and takes pressure off the young QB's, at least in the short term. The problem is at the number that fitz is demanding he becomes a problem for a team already with several aging vets on bloated contracts. And considering the best case scenario here is that fitz loses the starting job, the jets are right for taking a hardline stand with him

Ok so what's this number that Fitz is demanding. If he wants 16 mil per season I totally agree with you. He shouldn't get it. But I've seen nothing verified on this mostly comments like "it has been reported."  That means nothing. If somebody in the press has info then give your source don't say something vague. Again I rejoice that since RR left his previous mouthpieces like Mehta and Cimini they have nothing. Bowles doesn't give them S.

18 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

A free market means that you're "free" to believe what a particular commodity is worth to you. 

that's not what the free market means. It means something is worth what the market will bear.

Your refusal to accept Nick Foles and Sam Bradford's contracts is a luxury you have as a fan but agents and GMs can't just discount contracts that aren't pleasing to their situation.

There are 32 starting QB jobs in the league, there are less than 32 humans on the planet who actually have the ability to start. That means demand exceeds supply.

And by the way hoping Geno is one of those 32 doesn't make him one of those 32.  

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If Geno passes in training camp like he did in OTA's... It doesn't matter if we sign Fitz or not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ... Geno's biggest problem is he looks like this when the game is real

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I see that another week has come and gone, and you're still arguing this point as though Fitz is the only QB to ever be bailed out by a stud WR. 

I know that the last time I pointed out the foolishness of this argument you got uppity and asked me to "show you were you said".

I've never seen anyone waste so much time providing "facts" and "evidence" of something so pointless.

It's really incredible.

Im only arguing the fact that I'd like to see Geno with some stud WR's that can bail him out. 

Its not as incredible as you allude. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No they shouldn't.

Just because you've over-invested in a horrid argument based on a hypothetical premise, doesn't mean anyone at all needs to consider it... or any variable within it.

No matter how redundant you are with your "evidence" it still remains unprovable that Geno swapped out with Fitz on last year's team would have = same results. At this point, you're working harder (like all-day, every-day) to convince yourself that you aren't fighting a pathetic, losing argument, than convincing anyone of make-believe.

Listen, if Geno starts for us, I hope he does amazing.

It still wouldn't prove anything you've belabored right. What a waste of time. LOL

Being confused is one of your finest assets I see lol. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

that's not what the free market means. It means something is worth what the market will bear.

Your refusal to accept Nick Foles and Sam Bradford's contracts is a luxury you have as a fan but agents and GMs can't just discount contracts that aren't pleasing to their situation.

There are 32 starting QB jobs in the league, there are less than 32 humans on the planet who actually have the ability to start. That means demand exceeds supply.

And by the way hoping Geno is one of those 32 doesn't make him one of those 32.  

And if you're free to think something is beyond what the market will bear then you move accordingly. Kinda like what 31 other teams did when it came to Fitz and free agency. 

Everything else is irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And if you're free to think something is beyond what the market will bear then you move accordingly. Kinda like what 31 other teams did when it came to Fitz and free agency. 

Everything else is irrelevant. 

Free agency isn't over yet.  

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im only arguing the fact that I'd like to see Geno with some stud WR's that can bail him out. 

Its not as incredible as you allude. 

Did you want to see Kellen Clemens with studs while he was on the roster? I dont get why we need to see Geno with this personnel. Moving on from a player after 29 career starts(mostly bad) is normal. Clemens got what 10 starts for the Jets?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did you want to see Kellen Clemens with studs while he was on the roster? I dont get why we need to see Geno with this personnel. Moving on from a player after 29 career starts(mostly bad) is normal. Clemens got what 10 starts for the Jets?

Whether it's Geno or Fitzpatrick, they're just set up to be placeholders, anyway. They're banking on Hackenberg (puke) or Petty to take the job in 2017, it seems. Literally the only reason to sign Fitz is to dupe season ticket holders into sending in their checks this year.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What I thought about Kellen Clemens doesnt matter, he's not a quarterback on this roster. At the end of the day we currently have 3 QB's on this roster that are all under rookie contract. For once how about providing them a great supporting cast? The last time we did it (Sanchez) We ended up having a much better season than a 10-6 season with no playoffs. 

Im concentrating on the present and what can be done, not on some former Jets QB. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whether it's Geno or Fitzpatrick, they're just set up to be placeholders, anyway. They're banking on Hackenberg (puke) or Petty to take the job in 2017, it seems. Literally the only reason to sign Fitz is to dupe season ticket holders into sending in their checks this year.

Come on, admit it, you and batesman are just hoping that Geno shows something so you guys can save face for all that Idzik love and support you gave over those two years.....

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

So  you're admitting that they were bad plays? 

lol. 

they look like completions to me. on the shoe string catch that marshal made and went for a td, there is a reason that ball was thrown the way it was

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not a Geno lover, but I dont trust Fitz. If we resign Fitz at the money amount that we've been hearing that will basically make him the unchallenged starter. I have a problem with that. 

I think from what I've seen from Geno (subjective, I know), I think Geno could win the job flat out. Giving the job to Fitz I not supporting whatsoever. I'll root for my Jets of course, but im not supporting that situation. Fitzpatrick will simply have to prove me wrong. 

lmao

Archived