Would you...

Jets1Fan

23 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Wait, Rivers would cost 10.5 and some say no.  Yet believe Fitz is worth over 8?  Some even believe over 12.

This QB issue is cause epic proportions of stupidity.

Well the Chargers gave him a huge bonus which they would be on the hook for so it's not going to happen. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jets1Fan said:

Trade Mo and a 2nd Round Draft Pick for Phillip Rivers.

I feel like if we had a franchise QB with this team, we could make a very deep run, possibly towards a SB. Have I been drinking too much?? lol

sure. I would trade an ounce of silver for an ounce of gold. trading mo & a 2nd would be a no brainer for rivers

4 hours ago, Jets1Fan said:

Trade Mo and a 2nd Round Draft Pick for Phillip Rivers.

I feel like if we had a franchise QB with this team, we could make a very deep run, possibly towards a SB. Have I been drinking too much?? lol

No and not for Brees either

1 hour ago, Bergen Jet said:

Thank you.  I would drive Mo to the airport after you are done packing his bags.

I literally don't understand why all of a sudden, obviously in a completely non realistic hypothetical situation, the jets are finally given a franchise qb, and some jets fans are saying no. I mean what is wrong with this fan base. 

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No and not for Brees either

I don't even respectfully disagree, I full on disrespectfully disagree to the point where I want you to reevaluate your life and figure out at what exact moment that you went off the deep end. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Amaro is softer than the Poppin Fresh Doughboy, can't block worth a lick and has terrible hands.

Do you seriously think this guy is going to be good?

I get that you want to blast the Jets. And you get a lot of rope in doing it. But here is the deal, try to be somewhere close to factually accurate.

Amaro got hurt last year. Guess what, football players get hurt. It happens. Doesn't mean he is soft.

Amaro can't block. Guess what, the Jets didn't draft him to block.

He is made for Gailey's offense so yes we think he is going to be good. He caught 38 balls as a rookie. He is going to have a good year.

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

"Terrible hands"?

Stats: Had 1,352 receiving yards last year, setting a FBS record for tight ends. Also caught 106 passes, making him the first tight end in Big 12 history to have 100 receptions in a season, and he was just short of the FBS record of 111. Had six 100-yard receiving games, including one in a Holiday Bowl victory against Arizona State.

I was going to post something similar. 106 catches in a year but he has terrible hands. That is comical.

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

he had a 71% catch rate. I think we could live with that. 

Is it more important to get open all the time and be in position to catch a ball but drop a few or is it better to catch all the balls thrown to you but never be open like Cumberland? 

Not for nothing, and I think Amaro will be a fine receiving option for us, and I also realize that it's a small sample size, but to play devil's advocate real quick... That's roughly more than a drop every 4th throw... I don't like that very much! 

42 minutes ago, jett said:

Not for nothing, and I think Amaro will be a fine receiving option for us, and I also realize that it's a small sample size, but to play devil's advocate real quick... That's roughly more than a drop every 4th throw... I don't like that very much! 

I didn't say he caught 71% of catchable passes. I'm saying that he caught 71% of the throws that he was targeted in total.

8 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I didn't say he caught 71% of catchable passes. I'm saying that he caught 71% of the throws that he was targeted in total.

OH! That's different.  Yeah I'll take that. 

On 6/3/2016 at 7:01 PM, Villain The Foe said:

I can see that you're not a Rivers fan, which is why trying to explain the obvious would be a bit futile. All you'll say is "but....". Phillip Rivers is a top 15 quarterback and has been in MVP talks atleast twice the past 5 seasons. Im not a fan of Tom Brady, it doesnt change the fact that he's Tom Brady. 

I have a dislike for #s guys that can't play when it matters most(sort of like 2015 Fitz).

Brady has elevated average talent to a dynasty, what does Brady have to do w/ Rivers?

I don't recall Rivers being in any MVP talks in the past 5 seasons, maybe 7-8-9-10 years ago?

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I have a dislike for #s guys that can't play when it matters most(sort of like 2015 Fitz).

Brady has elevated average talent to a dynasty, what does Brady have to do w/ Rivers?

I don't recall Rivers being in any MVP talks in the past 5 seasons, maybe 7-8-9-10 years ago?

Brady has as much to do with Rivers as Fitzpatrick. 

You dont recall Rivers being in any MVP talks within the past 5 seasons, but I do. 

Go Google "Phillip Rivers MVP Candidate" and you'll see a boatload of articles from 2014....which is just 2 years ago. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Brady has as much to do with Rivers as Fitzpatrick. 

You dont recall Rivers being in any MVP talks within the past 5 seasons, but I do. 

Go Google "Phillip Rivers MVP Candidate" and you'll see a boatload of articles from 2014....which is just 2 years ago. 

b/c some random internet posters or b;leacher report articles state he may have been an MVP candidate doesn't make him an MVP candidate.  

I just googled and the first article:  "Why San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers Leads the MVP Race After Week 3"

the others were all early in the season.  I can show you where some folks had Fitz as a top 5 MVP candidate last year early on.  

Come on Villain, you are much better than that.

You like him and that's ok, I dislike him.  I have seen him come up small in big spots far too many times.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

b/c some random internet posters or b;leacher report articles state he may have been an MVP candidate doesn't make him an MVP candidate.  

I just googled and the first article:  "Why San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers Leads the MVP Race After Week 3"

the others were all early in the season.  I can show you where some folks had Fitz as a top 5 MVP candidate last year early on.  

Come on Villain, you are much better than that.

You like him and that's ok, I dislike him.  I have seen him come up small in big spots far too many times.

lol. 

In otherwords, I was right. 

Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. 

In otherwords, I was right. 

Thank you. 

yes, you were right.  the man was being discussed by bleacher report as an MVP candidate after week 3.  you got me.  

what is interesting is the incredible MVP candidate didn't get a single vote for the actual award.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466444/article/packers-aaron-rodgers-named-most-valuable-player

People seen to have a lot of opinions on Rivers and how good he actually is. #'s guy or not, I know Rivers is one of the better QBs in the league, without ranking him or anything like that. I also know the Jets biggest weakness is QB, even with Fitz. 

I don't think its fair to say Rivers is a choker or 'not a winner' b/c he hasn't taken the chargers to the SB. Its HARD to do that. Even for very good teams. And the Chargers have consistently let him down on defense. Its not like he went out in the playoffs and played awful. 

Its funny how someone said he turns in Peyton Manning Jr. Manning is arguably one of the best QBs EVER. He HAS a ring- now TWO. He CARRIED some of those very good Colts teams that just couldn't quite get to the SB. If Rivers is anything close to that, I'll take it. 

So, I would make this trade in a heartbeat. Especially since it looks like the Jets may not sign Wilk long term anyway.    

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yes, you were right.  the man was being discussed by bleacher report as an MVP candidate after week 3.  you got me.  

what is interesting is the incredible MVP candidate didn't get a single vote for the actual award.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466444/article/packers-aaron-rodgers-named-most-valuable-player

As long as I was right about what I said, then thats all that matters. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

People seen to have a lot of opinions on Rivers and how good he actually is. #'s guy or not, I know Rivers is one of the better QBs in the league, without ranking him or anything like that. I also know the Jets biggest weakness is QB, even with Fitz. 

I don't think its fair to say Rivers is a choker or 'not a winner' b/c he hasn't taken the chargers to the SB. Its HARD to do that. Even for very good teams. And the Chargers have consistently let him down on defense. Its not like he went out in the playoffs and played awful. 

Its funny how someone said he turns in Peyton Manning Jr. Manning is arguably one of the best QBs EVER. He HAS a ring- now TWO. He CARRIED some of those very good Colts teams that just couldn't quite get to the SB. If Rivers is anything close to that, I'll take it. 

So, I would make this trade in a heartbeat. Especially since it looks like the Jets may not sign Wilk long term anyway.    

Peyton is arguably the best reg season QB ever but he was a different guy in postseason but still at least had playoff success unlike Rivers.  manning's 2 SBs were led by his Ds but he still got there and won.  Rivers had SB caliber teams most of his career and the only time he even got close to one was when he got hurt and his backup came in and led GW TD drive to get them to title game(and that was against Peyton who gave SD 2 RZ TOs in a 4 pt game).  I am not a Rivers guy, he's like a Favre and we saw what Favre did to us in 2008.

On 6/3/2016 at 3:55 PM, Jets1Fan said:

Sh*t. I messed up. Not trying to give bad rep. I thought those icons were more related to whether or not I agreed with the comments. 100% my bad. Completely unintentional. 

Ha... I just did the same thing. I thought that was more a dislike thing... I think Andrew Luck is the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL. 

I didn't mean it @joewilly12

Archived