NFL: Al-Jazeera-implicated players must speak or face suspension

Gas2No99

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, rillo said:

This is so strange to me, how do you suspend guys based off a report?  When they didn't even test positive. 

You get the Dr who made the claim, see what evidence he has and do an investigation.  It's not hard.  It's how ARod and others were caught, leaving a trail. 

14 minutes ago, rillo said:

This is so strange to me, how do you suspend guys based off a report?  When they didn't even test positive. 

They aren't being suspended based on the report, they are being suspended based on their failure to appear before the Commissioner to answer allegations in the report  

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

But implicated by a Mickey Mouse outfit which is now out of business like Al Jazheera. Those douchebags have zero credibility.

Not Mickey Mouse.  Out of Business in the U.S. only.  Far more credibility than FOX News or the New York Times could ever hope to have.

Plus the accusations against Brady were made by other teams. If the NFL is going to investigate stuff from incredible 3rd parties who have no role nor standing it sets a dangerous precedent. 

Dangerous how?  

Give me your Boss's email.  We'll see how your employer handles anonymous accusations, see if you get better treatment than these uber-rich uber-spoiled cheaters do.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not Mickey Mouse.  Out of Business in the U.S. only.  Far more credibility than FOX News or the New York Times could ever hope to have.

Dangerous how?  

Give me your Boss's email.  We'll see how your employer handles anonymous accusations, see if you get better treatment than these uber-rich uber-spoiled cheaters do.

Dude, you have a real chip on your shoulder for rich athletes or something. 

And please explain how Al Jazeera has more credibility than the NYT or Fox. Why? How? People like to repeat the narrative that the BBC and PBS are down the middle/report fairly as well but it's simply not true. It just gets repeated a lot.

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Arod never tested positive for steroids.  Mlb found out via investigation

MLB and NFL are not comparable when you're talking about PEDs. MLB has waged war on PED usage. I don't know the circumstances surrounding ARods case. Don't really care. Had something to do with a drug company I think. But the NFL drug testing program although it is getting tougher is nowhere near MLB. It's estimated that 85% of the players in the NFL are taking some type of PED. It wouldn't surprise me and personally I wouldn't blame them. Put in their situation I might do the same thing. If I am one hit away from ending a career or never walking again and my performance will determine my next contract and most other players I'm competing against are doing them...I don't know and you don't know you're not in their shoes. But getting back on subject, I watched the AlJezerra doc. The baseball player was on camera so he was screwed. The football player accusations were heresay and Payton seemed to have the most evidence against him....if you call heresay from some guy who later recanted his story valid evidence. Again as I previously stated the NFL has a drug testing protocol to police PEDs in their sport. If a player complies with that he has met his obligation unless there is other verbiage stating differently.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Dude, you have a real chip on your shoulder for rich athletes or something. 

I have a chip on my shoulder for anyone who thinks they don't have to abide by the same rules the rest of us do, athletes just happen to widely hold that view.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

And please explain how Al Jazeera has more credibility than the NYT or Fox. Why? How? People like to repeat the narrative that the BBC and PBS are down the middle/report fairly as well but it's simply not true. It just gets repeated a lot.

Any comment moves us into Politics, and Politics is verboten.  If you want to believe your preferred fishrags bullsh*t, bets of luck with that.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I have a chip on my shoulder for anyone who thinks they don't have to abide by the same rules the rest of us do, athletes just happen to widely hold that view.

Any comment moves us into Politics, and Politics is verboten.  If you want to believe your preferred fishrags bullsh*t, bets of luck with that.

I would have to stand on my tippy toes to see any chip on your shoulders my friend. Even then I pretty much have to take your word for it. Thank you for keeping things politics free. Appreciate it buddy.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok. Odd that you're on a sports message board, but whatever.

They are all agenda driven. Acting like any one of them aren't is naive. Sports media is the same way. 

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would have to stand on my tippy toes to see any chip on your shoulders my friend. Even then I pretty much have to take your word for it. Thank you for keeping things politics free. Appreciate it buddy.

Yeah, sorry, shouldn't have said bullsh*t tbqh.  

End of the day, the NFL has every right to ask these possible cheaters to come in and talk to them.  If they cheated, then should be banned.  If they didn't, they should willingly come in and tell the league what they know, if anything.  Folks who want to E-White Knight these guys just cause they play in the NFL are, IMO, misguided at best.  

16 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They aren't being suspended based on the report, they are being suspended based on their failure to appear before the Commissioner to answer allegations in the report  

Still silly, if I didn't test positive, who gives a flying **** what a report says. 

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You get the Dr who made the claim, see what evidence he has and do an investigation.  It's not hard.  It's how ARod and others were caught, leaving a trail. 

A quick Google search says A-rod tested positive for anabolic steroids. A- rod even admitted to using steroids also. 

Just now, rillo said:

10 minutes ago, rillo said:

Still silly, if I didn't test positive, who gives a flying **** what a report says. 

From the story you posted: "Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003, when he was with the Texas Rangers and won the AL home run title and MVP award, according to a report by Sports Illustrated. "

And this Al Jazeera report lead to Taylor Teagarden getting an 80 game suspension so it's not like this report was a complete farce. The question is what parts of it are true and what parts are capable of being proven. 

Guys like Harrison/Matthews  aren't being suspended based on the report alone, they are merely being asked to answer questions about the report. The report many of you haven't bothered to watch because if you did,  you would realize that there are questions that needed to be answered. Personally, I think Peyton took  HGH, but the report didn't really connect the dots on Peyton so he got off. There is a good chance there isn't enough to suspend these guys, but remember they aren't being suspended based on the report, they are being suspended because they refuse to speak to the commissioner to answer questions.  Ultimately I think these  guys will answer the questions before the season and not miss a game but if they try to outsmart Goodell......

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

From the story you posted: "Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003, when he was with the Texas Rangers and won the AL home run title and MVP award, according to a report by Sports Illustrated. "

And this Al Jazeera report lead to Taylor Teagarden getting an 80 game suspension so it's not like this report was a complete farce. The question is what parts of it are true and what parts are capable of being proven. 

Guys like Harrison/Matthews  aren't being suspended based on the report alone, they are merely being asked to answer questions about the report. The report many of you haven't bothered to watch because if you did,  you would realize that there are questions that needed to be answered. Personally, I think Peyton took  HGH, but the report didn't really connect the dots on Peyton so he got off. There is a good chance there isn't enough to suspend these guys, but remember they aren't being suspended based on the report, they are being suspended because they refuse to speak to the commissioner to answer questions.  Ultimately I think these  guys will answer the questions before the season and not miss a game but if they try to outsmart Goodell......

I stand corrected on the source. However, Alex did admit to using to the DEA. I hope the players union have these guys back, but I doubt it, it's the weakest in sports. Peyton got out just in time, no doubt in my mind the HGH was for him.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I never understand why random fans care so deeply and so much for NFL players having to answer for their actions.

It's almost like people think athletes, actors, etc. are simply better than they are, and as such deserve more and better protections than your average Joe.

I think those folks would be shocked to find out exactly how little a sh*t those Pro athletes give about them if the circumstances were reversed.

It's sad, really.  Defending passionate the "rights" of multi-millionaire thugs to cheat at their chosen profession, and ignorance of teh collective bargaining agreement those same players agreed to live under.  Sad.

Players have their salaries capped and nonguaranteed, have awful post-career health care and pension plans, and the draft tells them who they can play with and where. They can be cut and left with nothing on a moment's notice.The average career, even if you stick to a roster, is 3 years. The practice squad is basically a complete scam. Granted it pays very well, and some of these guys are in fact thugs. But never understand why some fans almost root for management. Because the owners give even less a sheet about fans spare their money. 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Players have their salaries capped and nonguaranteed, have awful post-career health care and pension plans, and the draft tells them who they can play with and where. They can be cut and left with nothing on a moment's notice.The average career, even if you stick to a roster, is 3 years. The practice squad is basically a complete scam. Granted it pays very well, and some of these guys are in fact thugs. But never understand why some fans almost root for management. Because the owners give even less a sheet about fans spare their money. 

^

This guy gets it.

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Players have their salaries capped and nonguaranteed

My salary isn't guaranteed.  I'd bet neither is yours.  So what.

....have awful post-career health care and pension plans......

How is your pension?  Does your employer give you free health care after you seperate?  For the vast majority of Americans is teh answer is "no pension at all" and "no healthcare at all after seperation", no matter how hard their job was.  

And lets be clear, there are no shortage of harder, more physically damaging jobs that "NFL Player".  Those jobs just don't pay ~500K minimum a year.  Try being a Coal Miner, then tell me how hard Football Players have it.

.....and the draft tells them who they can play with and where.

So?

They can be cut and left with nothing on a moment's notice.

By "nothing" I presume you mean "a fully paid for free college education" since almost every NFL player was a full-ride scholorship player, and a minimum salary for the years they did play of over a million dollars (the average American family, for reference, makes ~$45K a year).

Boo.  F'in.  Hoo.

The average career, even if you stick to a roster, is 3 years.

So the average sh*t player who never plays a down in a game makes (minimum) $1.26 Million dollars in that 3-year career (Rookie minimum $420K/year).

Lets see, an average American family would have to work.....28 years to make that much.

And we think being asked to come in and answer questions is too much to ask.

Boo.  F'in.  Hoo.

The practice squad is basically a complete scam.

If the player thinks so, they can always find another job if it's so tortuous.

Granted it pays very well, and some of these guys are in fact thugs.

Some?

But never understand why some fans almost root for management. Because the owners give even less a sheet about fans spare their money. 

No they don't.  The owners care vastly more about the fans, because their entire business is based on the fans staying fans.  

I side with management on many issues (certainly not all), because management is right.  If these guys cheated, the league has a right to find out.  And ban them for it.  And they have every right to ask their employees/contractors to come is and answer for this report.

In this case i root for management because cheaters should suffer the price for cheating, Brady, PED users, anyone who cheats.  That's called ethics.

So save the E-White Knighting for people who REALLY need it, like say, the poor schmuck down the corner making minimum wage, who (it should be noted) would simply be fired, no investigation done, no questions asked, if a news report pinned some workplace violation issue on them.

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My salary isn't guaranteed.  I'd bet neither is yours.  So what.

How is your pension?  Does your employer give you free health care after you seperate?  For the vast majority of Americans is teh answer is "no pension at all" and "no healthcare at all after seperation", no matter how hard their job was.  

And lets be clear, there are no shortage of harder, more physically damaging jobs that "NFL Player".  Those jobs just don't pay ~500K minimum a year.  Try being a Coal Miner, then tell me how hard Football Players have it.

So?

By "nothing" I presume you mean "a fully paid for free college education" since almost every NFL player was a full-ride scholorship player, and a minimum salary for the years they did play of over a million dollars (the average American family, for reference, makes ~$45K a year).

Boo.  F'in.  Hoo.

So the average sh*t player who never plays a down in a game makes (minimum) $1.26 Million dollars in that 3-year career (Rookie minimum $420K/year).

Lets see, an average American family would have to work.....28 years to make that much.

And we think being asked to come in and answer questions is too much to ask.

Boo.  F'in.  Hoo.

If the player thinks so, they can always find another job if it's so tortuous.

Some?

No they don't.  The owners care vastly more about the fans, because their entire business is based on the fans staying fans.  

I side with management on many issues (certainly not all), because management is right.  If these guys cheated, the league has a right to find out.  And ban them for it.  And they have every right to ask their employees/contractors to come is and answer for this report.

In this case i root for management because cheaters should suffer the price for cheating, Brady, PED users, anyone who cheats.  That's called ethics.

So save the E-White Knighting for people who REALLY need it, like say, the poor schmuck down the corner making minimum wage, who (it should be noted) would simply be fired, no investigation done, no questions asked, if a news report pinned some workplace violation issue on them.

Simple question-if all thins angers you so, why do you watch?

Personally as the dad of  kid who has a shot at a Div2 football scholarship, I'm really cool with the free college education thing. 

My problem philosophically is salary caps are designed to be a drag on salaries, nothing more. No other entertainment concerns spare pro sports does this to their talent. And you get fans acting like salary caps are somehow sacred and wonderful and help competitive balance-all of which are total and complete BS.  Have a friend who is Iggles fan, and that fan base for a very long time was brainwashed that there was some trophy for cap management. We know the Broncos and Niners won Super Bowls while violating the cap and...nothing happened to them. Doubt they are alone; nothing stopping any team for lining up marketing opportunities, side gigs, post retirement jobs and probably much more. We are to believe that otherwise successful business people or rich people become idiots with their checkbooks when face with the decision to pay or sign a player. The only set of books we have seen is the Packers, and they're printing money. May be the Jags are not making that much money. But we know with the TV contracts alone, every NFL team is successful without ever selling Ticket#1 such that live gates and other revenues are complete gravy. Have a hard time rooting for The Bank in Monopoly, nor  in real life.

The answer to all of this is the answer to the following questions...

1) What does the contract, which your Union agreed upon, say about you going to a mandatory meeting with the commissioner?

2) What does the contract, which your Union agreed upon, say about the league's authority to suspend you if you do NOT go to that meeting? 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Simple question-if all thins angers you so, why do you watch?

*sigh*

Forum logic = If someone posts anything they cannot defeat via logical argument, they must be "angry".

I'm not angry at all, I love the NFL and my Jets as much as anyone.  

However, I can seperate how I believe NFL Labor can/should work vs. emotional "leave Brittney alone!" defense of athletes as if they're above the laws and rules the rest of us play by.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Personally as the dad of  kid who has a shot at a Div2 football scholarship, I'm really cool with the free college education thing.

As you should be Bugg!  They're not easy to come by.  I barely got a ride (for one year, damn injuries) at a D3 school myself, so I get it.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

My problem philosophically is salary caps are designed to be a drag on salaries, nothing more. No other entertainment concerns spare pro sports does this to their talent.

Because only Pro Sports has the burden of attempting to make their sports league an even playing field.

I can understand how a New Yorker, especially a Yankees Fan (gonna guess thats your team), might not understand the Cap and why it exists.

Be assured, the players in Pro Sports get vastly more of the revenue they 9as workers) generate than just about any other industry there is, save acting.  

I think they'll be ok.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

And you get fans acting like salary caps are somehow sacred and wonderful and help competitive balance-all of which are total and complete BS.

What is your alternative, Jets spend $300 mil and Green Bay spends $50 mil.  That's a great sports league, sign me up.

Sorry my friend, but a New Yorker is the last person on earth I ever want to hear form on the concept of salary caps.  New Yorkers, I find, just don't get it.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

We know the Broncos and Niners won Super Bowls while violating the cap and...nothing happened to them.

Thought they lost picks.  It's a completely separate issue (100% unrelated to what we're discussing here, which is labor relations and collective bargaining), but if they did skate, that's a problem too.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

We are to believe that otherwise successful business people or rich people become idiots with their checkbooks when face with the decision to pay or sign a player.

Ask the Yankees.  Or Red Sox.  Or the Dodgers.  Then see how the A's, Brewer's and Rays feel about that.

I reject a league where money buys wins, like it so often does it baseball (barring brilliant talent management a la the Royals, or the bygone Twins).

Again though, what does this have to do with a few cheaters being asked by their employer to come in and discuss a news report on their cheating?

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

The only set of books we have seen is the Packers, and they're printing money. May be the Jags are not making that much money. But we know with the TV contracts alone, every NFL team is successful without ever selling Ticket#1 such that live gates and other revenues are complete gravy. Have a hard time rooting for The Bank in Monopoly, nor  in real life.

Class ency vs. Owners, but not Players.  Got it.  Hate to break it to you, but players won't make anything without the League.  

Think differently?  Great!  Start your own new Football League, make all that phat owner loot and share more of it, capless, with your players.  See how long you last.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

*sigh*

Forum logic = If someone posts anything they cannot defeat via logical argument, they must be "angry".

I'm not angry at all, I love the NFL and my Jets as much as anyone.  

However, I can seperate how I believe NFL Labor can/should work vs. emotional "leave Brittney alone!" defense of athletes as if they're above the laws and rules the rest of us play by.

As you should be Bugg!  They're not easy to come by.  I barely got a ride (for one year, damn injuries) at a D3 school myself, so I get it.

Because only Pro Sports has the burden of attempting to make their sports league an even playing field.

I can understand how a New Yorker, especially a Yankees Fan (gonna guess thats your team), might not understand the Cap and why it exists.

Be assured, the players in Pro Sports get vastly more of the revenue they 9as workers) generate than just about any other industry there is, save acting.  

I think they'll be ok.

What is your alternative, Jets spend $300 mil and Green Bay spends $50 mil.  That's a great sports league, sign me up.

Sorry my friend, but a New Yorker is the last person on earth I ever want to hear form on the concept of salary caps.  New Yorkers, I find, just don't get it.

Thought they lost picks.  It's a completely separate issue (100% unrelated to what we're discussing here, which is labor relations and collective bargaining), but if they did skate, that's a problem too.

Ask the Yankees.  Or Red Sox.  Or the Dodgers.  Then see how the A's, Brewer's and Rays feel about that.

I reject a league where money buys wins, like it so often does it baseball (barring brilliant talent management a la the Royals, or the bygone Twins).

Again though, what does this have to do with a few cheaters being asked by their employer to come in and discuss a news report on their cheating?

Class ency vs. Owners, but not Players.  Got it.  Hate to break it to you, but players won't make anything without the League.  

Think differently?  Great!  Start your own new Football League, make all that phat owner loot and share more of it, capless, with your players.  See how long you last.

Kind of a jerk move saying NYers don't understand a salary cap, but whatever. 

The issue with salary caps is that you're saying a small market team, or sometimes just a poorly run team, has some 'right' to the bigger team's money. This is like my restaurant cutting a check to a restaurant down the street because they had a poor season. Oh, and they get to have a say in how much I pay my line cooks. In the real world a poorly run business goes under and I would have no problem if this happened in pro sports. But I happen to think pro sports could use some contraction anyway, so there's that. 

I happen to believe in a Free Market when it comes to economics. The salary cap, or revenue sharing, etc.. are anything but a Free Market.

And for the record, since 2000, there has only been one year where the team with the highest payroll won the WS. You are aware the KC Royals are defending champs and back to back AL pennant winners, yes?

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

^

This guy gets it.

Boo boo.  I'm a millionaire, don't have to work a day in my life after my 24th or 25th birthday.  And for this I may have to explain myself if accused of doing something?   I've earned the right to decide which accusations I address and in a way I think is appropriate.  Not by my Union.  

Whos rooting for management?  If they did nothing they'll be exonerated.  Like, ugh, real life? 

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

The answer to all of this is the answer to the following questions...

1) What does the contract, which your Union agreed upon, say about you going to a mandatory meeting with the commissioner?

2) What does the contract, which your Union agreed upon, say about the league's authority to suspend you if you do NOT go to that meeting? 

You nailed it.

Some people apparently aren't familiar with unions and union rules. As a proud union member I am.

Union members have rights. One of them is called Weingarten Rights which states: 

"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer or steward be present at the meeting. Without representation, I choose not to participate in this discussion, or answer any questions." 

I would think this whole thing would have to be discussed with the union and legal councils and usually their advice is to not say anything unless contractually necessary.

23 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I mean the footballs that Tom Brady was using.  You can say that they just appeared in is hands but that is all BS. He(and your team) were caught using illegal footballs.  Blame it on the patsy equipment manager all you want or science, they crossed the line yet again to gain a competitive advantage.  TB pays the price. 

Do you know how stupid you sound?

If the Ideal Gas Law was the cause of the deflation, then the team was not caught doing anything illegal. 

9 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

If the Ideal Gas Law was the cause of the deflation, then the team was not caught doing anything illegal. 

The league, courts, and most of the non-pats fans disagree.

Not so sure Who is the one that sounds stupid

53 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

You nailed it.

Some people apparently aren't familiar with unions and union rules. As a proud union member I am.

Union members have rights. One of them is called Weingarten Rights which states: 

"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer or steward be present at the meeting. Without representation, I choose not to participate in this discussion, or answer any questions." 

I would think this whole thing would have to be discussed with the union and legal councils and usually their advice is to not say anything unless contractually necessary.

Having represented a few people in disciplinary proceedings under union/management work rules, I'm aware of all that. Also aware of employers looking at the source and nature of allegations of misnconduct and dismissing them out of hand. So if a bum loser outfit like Al Jazzeera makes unfounded accusations, in fact accusations their own source now discredits, to your employer, said employer is not  obliged to think the worst of you and entertain the nonsense. Al Jazzeera, in addition to working with/for terrorists, is hellbent on trying to stay viable, so they tied to make a splash with these accusations. If they can make a major American institution like the NFL look bad, even better from their sick perspective. Not living under a rock; even at the high school level no secret some players are using PEDs. Simply have a real problem with how this came about, especially since the very shaky source guy has now repudiated it. 

49 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

You nailed it.

I have no idea what their "Weingarten Rights" have to do with this situation? Did Goodell say they can't appear with Counsel/Representation? Unless Goodell said they MUST APPEAR WITHOUT COUNSEL, then your whole "Weingarten Rights" post was a waste.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Boo boo.  I'm a millionaire, don't have to work a day in my life after my 24th or 25th birthday.  And for this I may have to explain myself if accused of doing something?   I've earned the right to decide which accusations I address and in a way I think is appropriate.  Not by my Union.  

Whos rooting for management?  If they did nothing they'll be exonerated.  Like, ugh, real life? 

Would make a fair bet most NFL players outside the superstars have to work a real job after they retire. Some because they spent their money stupidly. But also because a 30 something guy being a layabout for the last 3/4s of his life is a dumb way to live. My brother for a time worked with such a guy, who had a relatively long  but not superstar  career. And found himself having to work once the gravy train ended. 

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Kind of a jerk move saying NYers don't understand a salary cap, but whatever. 

Kind of a jerk move for your average New York City fan to think they have a god given right to pay their team 900% more than the other teams in MLB, but whatever.

The issue with salary caps

This issue with Salary Cap is that it has nothing, whatsoever, to do with the topic of NFL Players being interviewed by the NFL over a News report they cheated/used PED's.

is that you're saying a small market team, or sometimes just a poorly run team, has some 'right' to the bigger team's money.   This is like....

Politics does not belong on FHC, nor does Salary Cap "Free Marketeers", almost always Yankee Fans, belong in a discussion of NFL Players being interviewed by the NFL over a News report they cheated/used PED's.

But since you brought it up, the product is MLB Baseball, not New York Yankees baseball.  Doubt me?  Lets remove the Yankees from MLB, and MLB can replace them with another NY Team.  Then lets see how the now independant Yankees do without the MLB league and how the league does with the replacement NY Yankme's in their place.  Guess how that'll play out....

You are aware the KC Royals are defending champs and back to back AL pennant winners, yes?

Well aware that great management, amazing scouting, a few really bad years and high draft picks, and a massive boatload of luck can, occasionally, overcome a massive spending advantage by the rest of your league.  speaks more to the pathetic management of the Mets/Yankees than it does the competitive disadvantage of being outspent 2-1.  We'll see how the Royals look in a few years when the big market teams have picked their roster clean.

Since you're so worked up about it, how about this, we can dump the NFL Salary Cap, great right!  But as part of that change, the New York Jets and New York Giants must spend less than every other team in the NFL.  Since it's not about spending money, you'll certainly be ok with that, right?  We'll just "Royal's it up" and be fine!

If not, your argument is basically full of crap and you know it, Mr. Free Market.  By the way, Sports Leagues aren't Free markets and never have been.  

54 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I have no idea what their "Weingarten Rights" have to do with this situation? Did Goodell say they can't appear with Counsel/Representation? Unless Goodell said they MUST APPEAR WITHOUT COUNSEL, then your whole "Weingarten Rights" post was a waste.  

+1, i think it's a given that Union members (Players) have teh right to Union Representation at any such meeting (legal representation too if they like).

The league can still lol and suspend them, if the CBA allows it.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

umadbro, not going to ask the rhetorical question of how stupid you sound.  If this "gas law" was true, why wasnt the opponents footballs equally deflated. maybe the pats filled their balls with a bunch of hot air? fraud and collusion is how your org operates. it is a fact

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Would make a fair bet most NFL players outside the superstars have to work a real job after they retire. Some because they spent their money stupidly. But also because a 30 something guy being a layabout for the last 3/4s of his life is a dumb way to live. My brother for a time worked with such a guy, who had a relatively long  but not superstar  career. And found himself having to work once the gravy train ended. 

Only if you're an idiot.  Make a few mil and can't survive?  Then you're a moron with too many cars, rims, jewelry and too few brain cells.  I'm never going to feel bad for people who can't manage to survive, check that, live well on 3 mil.  Come on, think about what you'll make in your lifetime and it comes short.  Plus they have the ability to invest today and live off the interest for years

Archived