Broncos getting tired of Sanchez mistakes

AFJF

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

to be fair he didn't start having success that day until our guys started dropping like flies and his history in postseason is checkered at best.

ohhhh lawd..... now you are down on peyton fvcking manning.... How many other great football players do you have to belittle to lift your beloved above trash heap status????

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

ohhhh lawd..... now you are down on peyton fvcking manning.... How many other great football players do you have to belittle to lift your beloved above trash heap status????

reading comprehension.  I don;t treat all QBs the same, someone like Peyton manning I judge against the all time greats, I do not judge Mark Sanchez the same way.  Peyton is an all time great but b/c of his numerous choke jobs in postseason I do not put him in the same category as a Tom Brady or a Joe Montana.  Still an all time great but not at the top.  Hope this helps!

28 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Peyton vs. the #4 and #5 CBs has nothing to do with coaching.  Peyton has the advantage there every time.  He's Peyton ******* Manning.

I see your point, but a better coach would have figured out something to keep Peyton off the field a little better.   We couldnt score 1 touchdown?   Not a FG?  How is that a CB problem?

31 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I see your point, but a better coach would have figured out something to keep Peyton off the field a little better.   We couldnt score 1 touchdown?   Not a FG?  How is that a CB problem?

we had a double digit lead.  we lost our only effective RB on the first series of the 2nd half and faced 2 ferocious pass rushers against a rookie QB in a dome w/o any threat of a run game.  I wonder why we didn't score in the 2nd half?

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we had a double digit lead.  we lost our only effective RB on the first series of the 2nd half and faced 2 ferocious pass rushers against a rookie QB in a dome w/o any threat of a run game.  I wonder why we didn't score in the 2nd half?

I don't.  REX and Mark?????   They both suck. 

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No, the team was good. But Mark Sanchez absolutely did "luck" into two AFC Title game appearances.

team was as talented in 2008 against much weaker sched w/ no Tom Brady around and had a HOF QB.  How did they do?  

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I try not to participate in the public ridiculing of you but you dont make it easy.

I can take anything folks like you throw at me, it doesn't bother me in the least.  You take the comfortable majority "opinions", I dig deeper.  I don't expect everyone to agree but it would be nice if folks could act like adults once in a while.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I can take anything folks like you throw at me, it doesn't bother me in the least.  You take the comfortable majority "opinions", I dig deeper.  I don't expect everyone to agree but it would be nice if folks could act like adults once in a while.

I agree that Sanchez is an NFL caliber Qb. I don't agree that anybody ruined him or he was mishandled  at any point in his career. Or that the cause of his decline was the FO, teammates, coaches,  the weather or anything else. It's usually a bumpy road for Qbs but Mark had it made in New York and he regressed, it's a simple as that. But like Fitz he can work his way back and if he plays well get another job. It's really up to him. Of course that doesn't mean he will get the opportunity. Mark started 62 games for us yet other guys during that time period here got no starts. Even when he played poorly. They never got the opportunity that he got. Geno, too. If he had played well (and neither player complained about their teammates at all, just some fans did to make excuses for them) he'd still be the starter. Both guys could be with other teams so if there's an injury or poor performance by the other Qb they will get to play. They might not have superstars on offense but they will have NFL teammates and it's up to both of these guys to bring a team up not down. Play with the talent they have and make it better. There are plenty of good Wrs around and it's not just the superstars.We see guys like this kid on the Jets who can separate and catch the ball. A good Qb can make them better. But so far neither Mark or Geno has done this. And that's why they're both pretty much out of work.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I agree that Sanchez is an NFL caliber Qb. I don't agree that anybody ruined him or he was mishandled  at any point in his career. Or that the cause of his decline was the FO, teammates, coaches,  the weather or anything else. It's usually a bumpy road for Qbs but Mark had it made in New York and he regressed, it's a simple as that. But like Fitz he can work his way back and if he plays well get another job. It's really up to him. Of course that doesn't mean he will get the opportunity. Mark started 62 games for us yet other guys during that time period here got no starts. Even when he played poorly. They never got the opportunity that he got. Geno, too. If he had played well (and neither player complained about their teammates at all, just some fans did to make excuses for them) he'd still be the starter. Both guys could be with other teams so if there's an injury or poor performance by the other Qb they will get to play. They might not have superstars on offense but they will have NFL teammates and it's up to both of these guys to bring a team up not down. Play with the talent they have and make it better. There are plenty of good Wrs around and it's not just the superstars.We see guys like this kid on the Jets who can separate and catch the ball. A good Qb can make them better. But so far neither Mark or Geno has done this. And that's why they're both pretty much out of work.

he deserves blame too but his career did turn when we fired Schottenheimer then stripped all the talent away from him.  He's a guy who turns it over, that won't change and that cost him the starting job in denver but realistically he should have started 2013 and Geno should have been on the bench until he was ready to play.  If Mark started playing like 2012 then yo go to geno w/ less pressure on him.  I feel like it sent both players down the wrong path but regardless of all that there's nothing we can do about it now.  I just hope Fitz is ready to step up.

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Your humility is noted.  

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he deserves blame too but his career did turn when we fired Schottenheimer then stripped all the talent away from him.  He's a guy who turns it over, that won't change and that cost him the starting job in denver but realistically he should have started 2013 and Geno should have been on the bench until he was ready to play.  If Mark started playing like 2012 then yo go to geno w/ less pressure on him.  I feel like it sent both players down the wrong path but regardless of all that there's nothing we can do about it now.  I just hope Fitz is ready to step up.

I agree Geno should never have started. But Sanchez was injured during training camp and like some other teams they were kind of stuck with him. They did sign Garrard who was a good choice except he couldn't physically perform.  It was also a time when the trend was more to start your rookie Qb. After RG3 and Luck, esp. Not so much now although last year two guys did start and played well. These things happen we're seeing it now. And teams are not fully prepared for this type of injury to their starting Qb. Probably Minnesota is with Hill who isn't bad. As for talent level we didn't have Marshall but we did have Decker.in 2014. And he was banged up but played and had a good season. Every player in the NFL played injured. If you can suit up and play ir's expected you do the job and Decker did. And we had other weapons both seasons like Ivory etc. You can talk about Schillens all you want to but he was a bonafide NFL receiver just not a top flight one. He was a 3 or a 4 on the depth chart, no higher. When guys go down like Tone did next man up and it was Schillens, Nelson and guys like him. They are not terrible players. And it had been expected that Stephen Hill would be our no. 1 but he was a bust. 

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

1) inept GM

2)regime change

3)they haven't dumped him

4) are you saying he didn't help?  of course he helped, we were always led by our D but he and the O certainly helped get us there, w/o him playing the way he did we don't make either title game.  

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I blamed Philly? when?  the only person I blamed was Idzik who destroyed the careers of two of our QBs by demanding Geno start as a rookie.

I dodge nothing.  B/c I back Sanchez does not mean I call him great just as when I bash a guy like favre does not mean I think he sucked.  This is basic reading comprehension folks. I have criticized Mark a ton and I have praised him a ton.  I appreciate players that help my team win.

Why was he dumped in Philly?  Your answer, #2.  Not that he sucked when allowed to start and knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs with a season ending INT, but he was gone because of a regime change.  

Not Mark, Philly 

On August 18, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Shadetree said:

I still believe the Sanchez led Broncos will find much success. His outstanding footwork and ball handling will prove valuable in kubiaks scheme.

With that said, jeez, Mark, start learning from your mistakes!!! Why are so many people from California a bunch of flaky, surfer, stoner types?

he is chicken out there.  like Geno.  you can have all the tools but if you are chicken, you make mistakes under pressure again and again. Every QB makes a mistake under pressure now and then. But it is different---some guys make bad throws with a helmet in their gut and others make bad throws with guys closing on them.  Guys like Geno and Sanchez do it when the pass rusher is still two yards away.  Can't do that.

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

he is chicken out there.  like Geno.  you can have all the tools but if you are chicken, you make mistakes under pressure again and again. Every QB makes a mistake under pressure now and then. But it is different---some guys make bad throws with a helmet in their gut and others make bad throws with guys closing on them.  Guys like Geno and Sanchez do it when the pass rusher is still two yards away.  Can't do that.

Yup

im eating my words on Sanchez. I thought his ball handling and footwork would translate well to kubiaks scheme. Show ya what I know-ha.

15 hours ago, nyjunc said:

team was as talented in 2008 against much weaker sched w/ no Tom Brady around and had a HOF QB.  How did they do?  

Actually, they won the same amount of games in 2008 as they did in 2009 during the regular season. Actually, Brett Favre won more games for the Jets in 2008 then Mark Sanchez did for the Jets in 2009 for the Regular season. Rex got more out of his players then Mangini did. Those teams were ultra talented and the QB was asked to not lose games for them.

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It comes as no surprise that Mark Sanchez was beaten out for a starting job by a second year seventh round pick. It's now clearly obvious that Mark Sanchez is not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would think all defenders at this point would have to come to this conclusion.

He's not even a particularly good backup, either.  He went 4-6 in Philly in that role, with 19 TD's (1 rushing) and 19 turnovers.  Not exactly a guy you trust when your starter goes down. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's not even a particularly good backup, either.  He went 4-6 in Philly in that role, with 18 TD's and 19 turnovers.  Not exactly a guy you trust when your starter goes down. 

Agreed. teams can do better and will be looking to constantly upgrade over him. Losing this competition to Trevor Siemen is a huge blow to him and any chance he had left of being someone's starting QB. He's now most likely going to be looked at around the league as an emergency option if somebody gets hurt.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:05 PM, Jet Nut said:

Why was he dumped in Philly?  Your answer, #2.  Not that he sucked when allowed to start and knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs with a season ending INT, but he was gone because of a regime change.  

Not Mark, Philly 

that is not blaming Philly, that is the reality of the situation.  if Chip was still there he'd still be in Philly.

he never knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs, his D did though.  he elevated that philly offense to where they averaged almost 30PPG w/ him.  you guys celebrate Fitz and Mark ran his O in 2014 at a much more efficient pace.

On 8/30/2016 at 7:47 PM, AFJF said:

Mark Sanchez has never lost a game.  He's just been behind when time ran out.

someone is still salty from I destroyed his article a year ago.

On 8/31/2016 at 8:23 AM, ScarletKnight89 said:

Actually, they won the same amount of games in 2008 as they did in 2009 during the regular season. Actually, Brett Favre won more games for the Jets in 2008 then Mark Sanchez did for the Jets in 2009 for the Regular season. Rex got more out of his players then Mangini did. Those teams were ultra talented and the QB was asked to not lose games for them.

same amount of games against MUCH weaker schedule which included not having to deal with the greatest QB of all time which opened up the division where our former QB took a 1 win team from 2007 and won 11 and a div title in 2008.

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that is not blaming Philly, that is the reality of the situation.  if Chip was still there he'd still be in Philly.

he never knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs, his D did though.  he elevated that philly offense to where they averaged almost 30PPG w/ him.  you guys celebrate Fitz and Mark ran his O in 2014 at a much more efficient pace.

same amount of games against MUCH weaker schedule which included not having to deal with the greatest QB of all time which opened up the division where our former QB took a 1 win team from 2007 and won 11 and a div title in 2008.

Or...someone thinks it's hilarious that you've spent the last year lecturing Jets fans and saying it was sad that we were being manipulated by the media and we didn't know how to interpret information as well as you do.  Everyone on the board was right except you, but we were the ones who had no idea what we were talking about. 

Please...would you be so kind as to teach us more of your analytical powers that are so far beyond our grasp?  Too complex for anyone other than you?  We, too would like to know when the media is manipulating us when they report such lies as "Mark Sanchez not guaranteed starting job".  Man, how was everyone but you duped in to believing that?

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Mark won 8 games in the 2009 regular season and was gift wrapped two of them in the final 2 weeks of the season. Just be fair when you talk about a player. Sanchez is now on his third team in the league and has lost the starting job to a second year seventh round pick. He isn't very good.

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Or...someone thinks it's hilarious that you've spent the last year lecturing Jets fans and saying it was sad that we were being manipulated by the media and we didn't know how to interpret information as well as you do.  Everyone on the board was right except you, but we were the ones who had no idea what we were talking about. 

Please...would you be so kind as to teach us more of your analytical powers that are so far beyond our grasp?  Too complex for anyone other than you?  We, too would like to know when the media is manipulating us when they report such lies as "Mark Sanchez not guaranteed starting job".  Man, how was everyone but you duped in to believing that?

something like that:rolleyes:

you may want to try reading.  I destroyed that weak "article" you wrote but that doesn't mean I think or have ever said mark was great.  he is what he is, an average QB that can play well at times and struggle at times.  If you actually read what I post you'd understand but you like to make things up just like in your "articles".

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Mark won 8 games in the 2009 regular season and was gift wrapped two of them in the final 2 weeks of the season. Just be fair when you talk about a player. Sanchez is now on his third team in the league and has lost the starting job to a second year seventh round pick. He isn't very good.

ahh gift wrapped(we'll get back to that in  second), how did he do in postseason? on the road against playoff teams?

as far as "gift wrapped", our season couldn't have been any more gift wrapped a year ago than it was- how did we do in the playoffs?  remember 1993? everything broke perfect, all we had to do was beat oiler backups in week 18 to make it.  how did that go?  remember Buffalo in 2004? all they had to do was beat Pitt backups at HOME, how did that work out?

it just amazes me how jet fans can bash QBs that helped us win like mark and Chad and praise Qbs that prevented us from winning like Favre and Fitz.  This is why we have the worst fanbase in the sport.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Brett Farve plays with a torn bicep in his throwing arm... No excuses.

Mark Sanchez plays with the #1 ranked defense and the #1 ranked running game... Much excuses.

Why is anyone even entertaining these comparisons?

did Brett favre play? was Brett the ironman? No excuses

we had the #1 ranked D w/ Mark(w/ most of the same players w/ Brett by the way), how did that #1 ranked D do w/ a double digit lead in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME?

and anyone who thinks we had the best run game in 2009 has no clue what they are watching when they watch football.  Rankings and stats are a guide, our run game was not great that year- it was good/very good at times but not great outside of a few games against some dreadful rush Ds.  Amazingly enough thomas Jones had a higher YPC in 2008 but we didn't have a run game:lol:

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Brett Farve plays with a torn bicep in his throwing arm... No excuses.

Mark Sanchez plays with the #1 ranked defense and the #1 ranked running game... Much excuses.

Why is anyone even entertaining these comparisons?

I know. There are no comparisons. The Jets would have been much better off in 2009 with Brett Favre then they would have with Mark Sanchez. The sheer idea that it's a debatable topic is hilarious.

Archived