Mac - GREAT eye for WR's could doom Geno

Jetsfanri

I think Mac seems to have had a pretty good eye for WR's...Peake, Anderson, Marshall 7th round and 2 undrafted free agents.  I thought our 6 was locked after last week, but Anderson looked like an NFL receiver tonight.  

They may keep 7 (B Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Peake, J Marshall, Anderson with Smith on PUP, which makes keeping 4 QB's impossible for the entire season.  I think they are locked in on Peake as he is on specials, as is Jalin.  Thompkins is not going to make it.

That may be why we see Geno simply cut.

If you want to blame the WR as a reason go ahead. I plain and simply see Geno playing himself out of the roster. His decision making and football IQ are very below average. His attitude gets to me also as he has refused to talk to reporters. Petty is clearly out playing Geno and I knew this would happen. Every year they have crowned Geno the training camp prodigy. ? I told everyone when the bullets fly Geno will be Geno, 1 pick no TD's. I hope everyone finally put Geno and his bid for starting QB to rest. Go Jets!!!

22 minutes ago, Goinggreen said:

If you want to blame the WR as a reason go ahead. I plain and simply see Geno playing himself out of the roster. His decision making and football IQ are very below average. His attitude gets to me also as he has refused to talk to reporters. Petty is clearly out playing Geno and I knew this would happen. Every year they have crowned Geno the training camp prodigy. ? I told everyone when the bullets fly Geno will be Geno, 1 pick no TD's. I hope everyone finally put Geno and his bid for starting QB to rest. Go Jets!!!

I don't ever want to see him QB for this team ever again. 

I feel like I've said this too many times. The guy SUCKS. Still running like a chicken with his head cut off, clueless bum, terrible decisions, like he's learned NOTHING. 

9 hours ago, Jetsfanri said:

I think Mac seems to have had a pretty good eye for WR's...Peake, Anderson, Marshall 7th round and 2 undrafted free agents.  I thought our 6 was locked after last week, but Anderson looked like an NFL receiver tonight.  

They may keep 7 (B Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Peake, J Marshall, Anderson with Smith on PUP, which makes keeping 4 QB's impossible for the entire season.  I think they are locked in on Peake as he is on specials, as is Jalin.  Thompkins is not going to make it.

Poor guy wouldn't have any luck at all, if it weren't for bad luck.

dont forget Ross, reminds me of a young Cotch

I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 WRs, 4 QBs, and the Jets keeping one less linebacker. It's not like guys like Catapano or someone like that isn't a dime a dozen player. I also think McDougle or Milliner might be on the bubble as well. The CB position is probably one of the worst on the team outside of offensive line. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 WRs, 4 QBs, and the Jets keeping one less linebacker. It's not like guys like Catapano or someone like that isn't a dime a dozen player. I also think McDougle or Milliner might be on the bubble as well. The CB position is probably one of the worst on the team outside of offensive line. 

Agree I also wouldn't rule out a Cromartie return ......

15 hours ago, Jetsfanri said:

They have a lot of talent no doubt but maybe some of their success may be due to the gunslinger QB we have?

i beat up Geno a lot because I think he hears footsteps and makes poor decision but as far as a red jersey practice QB I am sure he is throwing some nice balls

then you have Petty and you can see what he is capable of on display in redskin game

those are just our backup QBs

No Team needs 4 QB's.

In a backup role, Petty >= Geno.

If Macc and Bowles are smart, Geno's time here is over.

Fitz to fill the spot/mentor for now, Petty (or Hack) to continue to be developed to be the future.

Fitz means we're in no rush, and Macc's seeming talent for WR's means we may be less "win now" than I thought (still tbd of course).

Archived