Jets Waiver Wire Additions Thread

32EBoozer

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You're in on the "Wang Rider" part or the "borrow until we sell our Children's Future to the Chinese" part?

Can't have 1 without the other, so I guess the kids are going to be speaking Chinese . Lucky for me, my boys have all been learning that language since kindergarten .   

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Are you a missionary? Banker overseas?

No, for some crazy reason, Delaware makes kids learn Chinese in Kindergarten and gives them the option to choose an alternative language when they reach high school . My boys all chose to continue with Chinese . .  They drive me crazy around the house speaking with each other . 

Jets worked out Harvey Binford, Nic Jacobs, Brian Leonhardt, Greg Millhouse, Tyler Patmon, Steve Scheu, Kristian Sokoli, Myles White

Just a guess. Jets doing their due diligence & making their list of players to bring in during the season due to injuries. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

They're both as good if not better than Breno at this point with a good back. That's not saying much but they are serviceable with upside. Better than Weak link Winters. 

Pretty much what I was thinking - A healthy Ijalana/Qvale is at least as good as Giacomini, maybe even better as they are both younger with some room to improve.

Plus you save 5 million in CAP space.

Would have been one of the first moves I made today.

44 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Right, and the front 7 seems to be darn good running as a 4-3 now.  Still wouldn't mind a traditional NT though.  If cheap of course.

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Simon is a traditional NT. He's 335 lbs

I think the Jets are pretty pleased with Simon this summer.  We need help on the OL.  Very weak area.

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets worked out Harvey Binford, Nic Jacobs, Brian Leonhardt, Greg Millhouse, Tyler Patmon, Steve Scheu, Kristian Sokoli, Myles White

Did any of those names come with a designated position attached? Might as well be written in Delaware Chinese.

Other that Leonhardt I don't recognize any of those names.

The Jets worked out free agent CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

Wreh-Wilson was cut from Tennessee after three ineffective seasons. He would provide some depth with Dee Milliner landing on I.R. The Jets also worked out free agent OG Kristjan Sokoli.

Sep 3 - 7:35 PM

7 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

In all seriousness though, Simon has got the body and athleticism (worked out well at the Combine) to be good.  He just needed time to get acclimated to the pro game.

Hope so.  Though Ellis has already played well here.  If I remember correctly, Snacks made Ellis expendable and I was disappointed to see him go.

Now I'm not saying we have to get a NT.  Especially if Simon has been playing well.  Ellis is just someone I'd definitely look into.  He was just cut, so may come cheap.

As a fan, I absolutely love seeing the D completely destroy any opponent's running game.  It demoralizes 'em.  A dude like Ellis goes a long way in stopping an opponent on 4th and inches.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The Jets worked out free agent CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

Wreh-Wilson was cut from Tennessee after three ineffective seasons. He would provide some depth with Dee Milliner landing on I.R. The Jets also worked out free agent OG Kristjan Sokoli.

Sep 3 - 7:35 PM

Thanks for posting the info ... Rotoworld must not have known about Milliner being cut yet

They're definitely $4.4m in savings adequate!

Especially if that helps us get Sitton signed! 

Did you not watch game 4? They were both getting blown up by future truck drivers. Breno is not all that great, but he's a hell of a lot better than those 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Interesting.... I've seen the CB( has potential) but what's the deal with the OL?

Anyone?

I remember reading about Sokoli in the 2015 draft.  Great athlete who was a defensive lineman in college -- Univeristy of Buffalo.  Drafted by the Seahawks and converted to OL, was released in the cut down to 75 earlier in the week.  Don't know much about his prospects as offensive lineman -- his agent has apparently been saying that he should be converted back to defense

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I remember reading about Sokoli in the 2015 draft.  Great athlete who was a defensive lineman in college -- Univeristy of Buffalo.  Drafted by the Seahawks and converted to OL, was released in the cut down to 75 earlier in the week.  Don't know much about his prospects as offensive lineman -- his agent has apparently been saying that he should be converted back to defense

Lith, do you know when players will be awarded off waivers to teams?

Not sure when I should be looking for news to break.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Lith, do you know when players will be awarded off waivers to teams?

Not sure when I should be looking for news to break.

Pretty sure it is tomorrow.  I think they clear waivers after 24 hours.  Probably after 4PM ET.

Edit: Waiver deadline is Noon ET tomorrow.

Archived