Panthers vs Broncos FOOTBALL is back Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Intentional grounding occurred prior to the illegal hit, and prior to Cam knowing he'd be illegally hit. It's the right call. 

Yup.  Thats the way I saw it too.  Cam is going to need the full 10 days to heal up from this beating.  Its been ugly.

1 minute ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

How many games do you think Fitz will win with sub-200 yards passing and 1 TD 2 INT's against top competition?

How will opponents being top competition be judged?

opponent record at end of year? Opponent record when we play them? Defensive ranking total yards? Defensive ranking passing yards? Defensive pts allowed?

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Would have been a cheapie win for Carolina had Gano made it. Rules are rules, but that half-second hands to the face as the play started wasn't worth a free 1st down on 4th & 21.

They should have stopped Denver inside the 10. Bad spot on 4th down, and two dropped interceptions. After that they deserved to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not because it was an illegal hit, no. Rushing his pass due to pressure is what caused it.

Ok, well you are right cause that is what the refs obviously felt as well.  I was thinking that the hit caused the ball to not travel as far but based upon the refs and your explanation here what you are saying makes sense.

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

After watching that does anyone here still think we have a run game?

Those two teams didn't look any better in the preseason. 

I hope our defense stops the run better than they did. 

Offenses always look better early in the year. It's all misdirection and no film for defenses to watch what to key on. 

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

They should have stopped Denver inside the 10. Bad spot on 4th down, and two dropped interceptions. After that they deserved to lose. 

No doubt, but at least most of those were the result of their own play. The 4th down spot had a high probability of converting anyway from inches away. Getting a 21 yard 1st down on a valid but weak penalty like that though? Like they were going to convert there on 4th & 21, even in the absence of that penalty. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ok, well you are right cause that is what the refs obviously felt as well.  I was thinking that the hit caused the ball to not travel as far but based upon the refs and your explanation here what you are saying makes sense.

I always thought a 15 yard personal foul trumped any others. 

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

How will opponents being top competition be judged?

opponent record at end of year? Opponent record when we play them? Defensive ranking total yards? Defensive ranking passing yards? Defensive pts allowed?

Exactly...we beat Cinci, a team with a zillion straight playoff appearances and it will be a victory over a team without a winning record (0-0). That being said, just give me the damn win and let's start 1/0.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No doubt, but at least most of those were the result of their own play. The 4th down spot had a high probability of converting anyway from inches away. Getting a 21 yard 1st down on a valid but weak penalty like that though? Like they were going to convert there on 4th & 21, even in the absence of that penalty. 

No Olsen was open on the 1st down where Cam decided to run up the middle, and the throw to Olsen had the guy behind him wide open. Shouldn't have been in that position. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Those two teams didn't look any better in the preseason. 

I hope our defense stops the run better than they did. 

Offenses always look better early in the year. It's all misdirection and no film for defenses to watch what to key on. 

With Richardson out the run defense does worry me.  If it starts going south I guess they can always try using Simons instead of MeLendon.  My concern is that our OL in the run games isn't going to get it done and we don't have a power running back to make up for it.  Our RBs are more finesse than power.

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

With Richardson out the run defense does worry me.  If it starts going south I guess they can always try using Simons instead of MeLendon.  My concern is that our OL in the run games isn't going to get it done and we don't have a power running back to make up for it.  Our RBs are more finesse than power.

Winters and Qvale are both good run blockers. It's pass blocking they suck at. 

We haven't shown any run blocking schemes in preseason. 

Archived