One NFL Player You Can Be Sure Won't Be Taking A Knee During National Anthem On 9/11

Nostradamus

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I love my wife, the family we've built together, and everything that being with her affords me in my life personally... but, there are a few things that I openly and honestly criticize with the intent of bringing it to her attention and hopefully improving it. I also encourage her to do the same.

This is madness.  Evolution is a one way street you filthy Ape. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I always hate hearing this. 

Exercising your rights and openly criticizing aspects of being an American in America doesn't = not loving your country.

The funny thing is, people whining about stuff like this would have no problem with an entire electoral campaign being built on the premise that America isn't great (#MakeAmericaGreatAGAIN).

So you can criticize aspects of American society, just as long as you are on the 'right' side of the fence.

See, you have a lot of different people living in this country, but most of us have no clue how to relate to one another. Everyone sticks to their own kind. Hence the complete lack of empathy.

1 minute ago, Nostradamus said:

Funny how this thread has been so hijacked.   If you think that kneeling down for the National Anthem on 9-11 is fine, then what does everybody think about a kid who grew up in NY (and was surrounded by the pain of his neighbors and friends) not kneeling down for it?   Thats what the post was about.  Wasn't a criticism on those who may not  (as strongly as I may disagree with their choice)

I applaud Mike Catapano and I will definitely be rooting for him Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

Funny how this thread has been so hijacked.   If you think that kneeling down for the National Anthem on 9-11 is fine, then what does everybody think about a kid who grew up in NY (and was surrounded by the pain of his neighbors and friends) not kneeling down for it?   Thats what the post was about.  Wasn't a criticism on those who may choose to kneel  (as strongly as I may disagree with their choice)

I lost my aunt on 9/11 she was in the towers that day, but I have no issues with these guys kneeling during the anthem. This form of protest isn't about the military or 9/11. People want to make that way, but it really isn't.

2 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

Funny how this thread has been so hijacked.   If you think that kneeling down for the National Anthem on 9-11 is fine, then what does everybody think about a kid who grew up in NY (and was surrounded by the pain of his neighbors and friends) not kneeling down for it?   Thats what the post was about.  Wasn't a criticism on those who may choose to kneel  (as strongly as I may disagree with their choice)

Catapano has just as much right to his opinion as anyone else. His particular situation doesn't make his opinion more or less valued than anyone else.

The date of protests has no bearing on anything either except for some feigned outrage you have because it impacted you or someone you know personally. That'd be like saying, "Hey, let's protest slavery in the 1800s but we can't because it's Independence Day, and you know, 'merica!"

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

You can express yourself and voice your objections about whatever issues you have in the proper venues - and in ways that are not disrespectful to the flag and the country that I and millions of other veterans have fought for.

That's the best way that people can come up with to show displeasure about mistreatment of minorities?

To completely disrespect our country's flag and the men and women of the military who have fought to protect this country and the freedoms that all of you have??

With a little effort and planning, there are far more effective and appropriate ways to accomplish the same task - but again, it might take some thought and effort- something our younger generation seems to be severely lacking these days.

I'm not arguing that it's the best way, and I'm not disagreeing that there are better ways. I'm acknowledging that this is the way they've chosen and reacting to the realities of it. The hypothetical other ways are just as likely to conjure similar streams of objection and anger. 

Completely disrespecting the flag, and I've seen people talk about desecration in relation to this, isn't really what's going on here. To peacefully opt-out of the ritual of saluting the flag as a means of making a statement during a sporting event is not completely disrespecting it, and really has nothing to do with disrespecting service members. I've seen players sitting and going over plays during the anthem, some picking their nose, etc. Even the guys standing aren't paying attention. Very few put their hand over their heart. The way I see it, peaceful protest and exercising the rights service members fight for is a greater way to honor them and their sacrifice than standing and ignoring the national anthem could ever be. 

I'm not defending the method by which they are protesting, because I generally agree that the message could have been organized and sent more effectively. I just don't believe the disrespect argument coming from the outrage side of this makes sense. It circumvents the point of being an American. 

Personally, if my Ape brethren and I feel disenfranchised at any point, I want to know that peaceful protest is in fact an effective way of socializing and achieving change. I'd hate for it to become non-peaceful.

battle-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-gorill

5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Your opinion on the way someone chooses to protest doesn't trump his right to do so. The Constitution gives him that right, and the oath all service members took at MEPS meant that we were willing to defend that.

Have you ever served this country in any branch of the Military?

Yes or no?

12 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You are absolutely correct, YOU CAN'T possibly fathom.

And therein lies the problem.

Picking and choosing which voices matter more, is sort of what got our country into this position in the first place.

7 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Good grief......more then you know.

When did military guys get so sensitive? The right to protest is what you volunteered to fight for. What's the problem? Even veterans have came out and supported the protest. 

9 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

Not for nothing, but the article you posted makes no mention whatsoever about the National Anthem. You made it about that by titling the thread the way you did and the comment you made in your OP.

This thread is exactly about what you wanted it to be about. 

2 minutes ago, rillo said:

When did military guys get so sensitive? The right to protest is what you volunteered to fight for. What's the problem? Even veterans have came out and supported the protest. 

I don't get why they are making this about them. It's not about them.

2 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Not that it makes my opinion less valid, but no. Got medicaled out 3 months before 9/11.

It means that you don't have the proper life experience & perspective to understand my point of view.

At least you were patriotic enough to enlist, I can respect that.

10 minutes ago, rillo said:

We have an orange Cheeto mascot running  around the country, screaming how America "isn't great" and how terrible it is, but he get cheers and celebration. 

A few guys from a football team decides to kneel for a song, and all hell breaks loose. 

WTF am I missing here?

The hypocrisy surround the last 6 months worth of outrage platforms is laughable. This is a good example.

4 minutes ago, rillo said:

Since Kaepernick's issue is directly with the police, it's just a strange thing to protest would be my guess. Some military guys feel pretty strongly about the Anthem.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

It means that you don't have the proper life experience & perspective to understand my point of view.

At least you were patriotic enough to enlist, I can respect that.

So because I got good enough grades to get into college right out of high school in a country that doesn't require military service I am somehow less patriotic than you?

Image result for cuckoo gif

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Again, what does that have to do with anything?

Kleck, give it a rest.

You're not qualified. Period.

When you go overseas for years on end and leave all of your family and friends behind to go to war for this country and lay your life on the line, day in and day out to protect it - then come and talk to me.

Archived