This one hurts....

TampaJet

I'm not sure if it's just me, but this game really seems to be hard to take. Even worse than the Buffalo game last year. We dominated on def....7 sacks,  consistent pressure,  ect. We gave up a couple of big plays, which happens. Revis was abused though, and we refused to adjust coverages. We moved the ball on offense and came up short 3x Inside the 10 yd line. Then we had Folk......enough said. I know its week one, but this was a huge kick in the nuts....especially since it's likely the entire AFC east loses today, and our first 6 games are brutal. Lost opportunity...good teams don't lose games like that. 

It hurts because it means we're starting 0-2, which means we're going 8-8, which means another spending spree to save everyone's jobs, which means we'll go 8-8 next year, which means we'll fire Bowles and Maccagnan and expect the next guys to clean up the mess without giving them a prayer of doing so. Go Jets!

Just now, dbatesman said:

It hurts because it means we're starting 0-2, which means we're going 8-8, which means another spending spree to save everyone's jobs, which means we'll go 8-8 next year, which means we'll fire Bowles and Maccagnan and expect the next guys to clean up the mess without giving them a prayer of doing so. Go Jets!

You dont trust Maccagnan?

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

J

29 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but this game really seems to be hard to take. Even worse than the Buffalo game last year. We dominated on def....7 sacks,  consistent pressure,  ect. We gave up a couple of big plays, which happens. Revis was abused though, and we refused to adjust coverages. We moved the ball on offense and came up short 3x Inside the 10 yd line. Then we had Folk......enough said. I know its week one, but this was a huge kick in the nuts....especially since it's likely the entire AFC east loses today, and our first 6 games are brutal. Lost opportunity...good teams don't lose games like that. 

Who said the Jets were good? This game proved to me that they are not good. Not good enough anyway. It seems to me that at nearly every critical juncture someone breaks down and allows a big play to the opponent. Meanwhile when a play is needed to be made they drop a ball that hits them right in the hands. Its a team game and the Jets are not a good team....at least not good enough. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

So perennial contenders for most of a decade and ball tinglings every offseason 

Bullcrap. Tannenbaum was horrible. Maccagnan has drafted well and picked good free agents. It's going to take time to build this team into a contender, but first they have to shake the Charlie Brown syndrome of something going wrong every time they need something to go right.

34 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

I agree that this one hurts, especially because of the missed PAT and chipshot FG.

But our D was dominant today?  The D-LINE was dominant, but the secondary was god awful today.  Bengals found a way to neutralize the d-line in the 2nd half and owned the secondary.  Overall the defense was not very good.

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No, and I have no idea why I should.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He hasn't done anything to convince me he's anything more than Mike Tannenbaum in eyeglasses.

More hot takez from the the SPARQ scorez master.

Takes a special kind of mind to compare (AND BELIEVE) that Tannenbaum and a guy who's already won Executive of The Year in his first year, built a deeper team than any of Mike's with talent via the draft/FA, and shown that he can manage the CAP effectively are anything alike.  Wow man, you're like, really good at this watching football thing.

10 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Bullcrap. Tannenbaum was horrible. Maccagnan has drafted well and picked good free agents. It's going to take time to build this team into a contender, but first they have to shake the Charlie Brown syndrome of something going wrong every time they need something to go right.

Tannenbaum became horrible. His first few drafts set the team for its playoff runs and he made the team relevant for at least 6 years. 

13 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I agree that this one hurts, especially because of the missed PAT and chipshot FG.

But our D was dominant today?  The D-LINE was dominant, but the secondary was god awful today.  Bengals found a way to neutralize the d-line in the 2nd half and owned the secondary.  Overall the defense was not very good.

You are right on both points..I was referring to our dline/LB, and didn't make that clear.  The secondary was not good, and we had no answer to the quick wr screens the 2nd half. Even with all that, we still should have won the game easily.....whether it's the 4 pts from Folk, or just scoring on one of those opportunities Inside the 10.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

More hot takez from the the SPARQ scorez master.

Takes a special kind of mind to compare (AND BELIEVE) that Tannenbaum and a guy who's already won Executive of The Year in his first year, built a deeper team than any of Mike's with talent via the draft/FA, and shown that he can manage the CAP effectively are anything alike.  Wow man, you're like, really good at this watching football thing.

Hi, Mogglez!

22 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Who said the Jets were good? This game proved to me that they are not good. Not good enough anyway. It seems to me that at nearly every critical juncture someone breaks down and allows a big play to the opponent. Meanwhile when a play is needed to be made they drop a ball that hits them right in the hands. Its a team game and the Jets are not a good team....at least not good enough. 

The Jets were certainly good enough to to win this game vs a conference opponent who went 12-4 last year. It was there for the taking . Not sure it says we are a playoff team yet, but i was definitely a missed opportunity.

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He hasn't done anything to convince me he's anything more than Mike Tannenbaum in eyeglasses.

He has definitely put together a more competitive roster than Tanny ever did. The Jets cut better players this year than some of the starters Tanny put on the roster. 

1 hour ago, TampaJet said:

Because it confirmed literally every fear surrounding the team from the offseason 

Archived