I loved the Forte pick up in the off-season

InstantClassic

And still do..but my goodness..was the entire playbook designed for him and him only in week 1?

I thought he was effective, and this is no knock on him, but we all saw those bubble screens and quick outs in the flat coming..and so did Cin.

I thought the play calling to him was too predictable the majority of the game, and it cost us on a lot of the drives early in the game. 

Anyone else feel this way? Hopefully Chan scales this back a bit and mixes up the play calling. 

Hey..a thread that hasn't suggested a complete rebuild after a tough week 1 loss! Score!

59 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

And still do..but my goodness..was the entire playbook designed for him and him only in week 1?

I thought he was effective, and this is no knock on him, but we all saw those bubble screens and quick outs in the flat coming..and so did Cin.

I thought the play calling to him was too predictable the majority of the game, and it cost us on a lot of the drives early in the game. 

Anyone else feel this way? Hopefully Chan scales this back a bit and mixes up the play calling. 

Hey..a thread that hasn't suggested a complete rebuild after a tough week 1 loss! Score!

Dude had a great game yesterday. This offense isnt going to hit some sort of stride until week 4 or 5. 

But man, that Forte tho. Great addition. 

Forte doesn't want to hear it, but he's on the wrong side of 30. The Jets have a very similar, effective back that wouldn't require them to change what they're doing on the field at all in Bilal Powell, and should really look to get him more involved in an effort to make sure Forte is capable of going full speed all year. I get that there's a lot of pride there, but spelling him for a series, or splitting their reps with one getting first and second down, the other getting third, etc., would be a good way to spell him and not completely lean on him. Great game, but I don't know if he has 15 more of those in reserve, and the Jets would be wise to plan against having to find out. 

This is going to be a problem as teams continue to try to remove Marshall and Decker from the gameplan, and dare the Jets to run or throw underneath to their secondary receivers. 

41 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Not having a big bruiser RB hurt us at the goal line. We were trying to finesse our way into the end zone, instead of running it down their throats.

It sucks that the Jets were on the same page with this thought and grabbed Khiry Robinson who looked good in that last preseason game. Unfortunate that injury is costing us to basically take away one aspect of the teams strategy. 

3 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

The entire offense was predictable when the Bengals saw the Fitz was afraid to throw the ball further than 5 yards in the air.

When you cant attack every level of the field, you become one dimensional and predictable.  Gailey wouldnt even let Fitz throw into the wind yesterday. 

Forte was a beast.  He averaged 1 less yard per carry on the ground than Fitz did per pass attempt.

////pukes

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

They need a twin back package that gets Powell and Forte out there at the same time.  Should have at least one of 1st and goals.  

Yeah right.  Chan runs more 4-WR sets than any OC in the NFL, by far.  We're lucky to even see 1 RB out there.  Why we bother to carry a fullback is beyond me.

When you have 3 decent receivers it is hard to defend an rb as well especially when that rb can act as a 4th decent receiver. I would expect forte to see a heavy workload for the rest of this season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Forte doesn't want to hear it, but he's on the wrong side of 30. The Jets have a very similar, effective back that wouldn't require them to change what they're doing on the field at all in Bilal Powell, and should really look to get him more involved in an effort to make sure Forte is capable of going full speed all year. I get that there's a lot of pride there, but spelling him for a series, or splitting their reps with one getting first and second down, the other getting third, etc., would be a good way to spell him and not completely lean on him. Great game, but I don't know if he has 15 more of those in reserve, and the Jets would be wise to plan against having to find out. 

This is going to be a problem as teams continue to try to remove Marshall and Decker from the gameplan, and dare the Jets to run or throw underneath to their secondary receivers. 

Forte is a HOF candidate and had a hell of a game. Bilal Powell....come on man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived